Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas Season 2 ❯ THE FINAL DUEL: FINAL PART ( Chapter 49 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FORTY-NINE
 
 
Ishizu's Spirit was still concentrating. “This must work.” she said in her thoughts. “It is the only way to stop my brother. He has betrayed me, so now I shall return the favor!
 
Finally her plan seemed to be working… whatever it was.
 
I on the other hand seemed to be at a total loss of ideas on what to do. I had tried everything, and I still wasn't able to destroy the Winged Dragon of Ra.
 
I fell to my knees again. “I can't let Marik win… I just can't.” I muttered to myself. “But what can I do? How can I stop him?”
 
A tear rolled down Sabrina's cheek. “Mykan… No.” she cried softly.
 
“Poor, poor, Mykan.” Marik mocked. “Ha, ha, ha…. Finally accepting defeat. You were never much of a challenge for me and my Egyptian God Card. Ha, ha, ah, ah! AH, HA, HA, AH, AH!!”
 
Clover, Sam and Jerry didn't like the way things looked either. “Awe, man… Mykan doesn't look so good up there.” cried Clover.
 
“Can you blame him?” asked Sam. “That monster is just way too intense!”
 
Jerry nodded. “I've seen villains and power of many ingenious plots… but never in my born years have seen anything quite like this!” he said.
 
None of them felt as bad as I did though…
 
I was about to lose this duel, and more than that. I would be banished to the Shadow Realm, Marik would succeed in controlling the world… and worst of all. I'd be letting everyone down.
 
The whole world… the girls, and Jerry, and most of all. I'd be letting my Family down. Sabrina, Erica, and my unborn child… “I… I can't… I mustn't let them down… but what can I do.” I muttered.
 
“Don't let him get to you Mykan!” Alex called from above.
 
Everyone turned to face her… or what was left of her. She sure had faded a lot during ht duel, and now there was only half her face, bits of her arm, and a little of her chest left… but she could still talk.
 
“You can't let this creep break you up, Mykan. You got to keep going, and you'll make it just fine.”
 
“But Alex… I've tried everything.” I said. “I've used up so many of my cards already and I can't seem to get through.”
 
“So what?” Alex snapped. “Look what's happening to you! Your losing a grip yourself… You… the guy who taught me and the others never to give up.”
 
“You taught us to always trust in ourselves and keep on going, even when it looks hopeless. You've been through some pretty tough situations before, and you always managed to stay on your feet, why should this be any different?”
 
My head perked up a bit…
 
“Mykan… you've gotten where you are today because you're the greatest duelist we know. Better than Me, Sammy, and Clover… better than all the Gate Keepers… even better than all the duelists we faced in this tournament.”
 
“Remember… you beat King Monroe, the creator of Duel monsters at his own game, and you won Sabrina back for your efforts.”
 
I cast my look over to Sabrina, and I could see the tears in her eyes. She smiled and nodded at me.
 
“Come on Mykan, You can do it.” cried Sam.
 
“We're with you all the way, my friend.” said Jerry.
 
“Now get in there and kick Marik's butt.” added Clover.
 
My confidence seemed to just come right back to me in one big burst as I swiftly got back to my feet with fire burning in my eyes.
 
“What's this?!” cried Marik. “It can't be… you shouldn't be on your feet.”
 
I looked up, “Thank you, Alex. I can never forget what made me Duel-Monster's champion in the first place.” I said.
 
“I've faced incredible odds to get where I am. I became the greatest teacher of the game in the world, and I earned everything I ever wanted, and I have all of you to thank for that.”
 
I cast my looks over to Marik. “So you better prepare yourself Marik, because here I come!”
 
Marik just laughed. “Ha! My Winged Dragon of Ra is still poised to take away the last of your life points, and send you straight to the Shadow-Realm Forever!”
 
Back to the Duel
 
SCORE: (Marik: 900 / Mykan 1700)
 
Marik: “I must admit Mykan, of all the victims my sister and I have sent to the Shadow Realm, yours shall be the most honorable yet.”
 
Mykan: “I'm afraid it's still my turn, Marik, and I can assure you this next move will finish you off once and for all. Not even your Winged dragon of Ra will be able to withstand this move.”
 
“Now… I shall play the Magic Card… DOUBLE SPELL!! Now I can activate any Magic-Card in your Graveyard as if it were my own… and I choose… Your CARD OF SANCTITY!!”
 
(Both draw)
 
Marik: “What could you possible hope to accomplish by playing a card that only lets us draw until we have six cards?”
 
Mykan: “Plenty enough Marik as you will soon see. For now I play another Magic Card… MAGICAL DIMENSION!!”
 
“Since I have a Spell-caster monster on my side of the field, this Magic Card allows me to sacrifice any other monster on my side of the field, So I choose to sacrifice my Obelisk the Tormentor… Be gone!”
 
Clover: “Whoa… why Mykan just do that? His Obelisk was good monster.”
 
Sam: “Hold it… I think there's more to it…”
 
Mykan: “And now… the power of Magical Dimension lets me summon any Spell-Caster monster form my hand… so I shall summon my DARK MAGICAN!!”
 
(Atk: 2500 / Def: 2100)
 
Marik: “You sacrifice your Obelisk the Tormentor for that pitiful monster? You have to be bluffing!”
 
Mykan: “It's not a bluff Marik… now that I have both my Dark Magician, and My Dark Magician Girl together the stage is set for this one final Magic Card… I play RAGNAROCK!!” (Anime Card Only)
 
“This powerful Magic-Card is the final key that will ensure your defeat Marik, all I'm required to do is remove from play all the monsters in my deck, hand and Graveyard… then I can rid the field of all your monsters… including your Winged Dragon of Ra!”
 
Marik: “What?! No! You can't!
Mykan: “But I can… and I am going to. Marik, you're about to be served justice for all the horrible things you and your sister have committed.”
 
Marik: “GRR… Hmm… do as you must Mykan, just don't forget what happens if you do defeat me…”
 
(Points to David)
 
“Defeat me and your friend here is the one who pays the ultimate price… not me.”
 
Mykan: “Ah… oh no!”
 
Alex: “Awe, man… we totally forgot about this.”
 
Sabrina: “If Mykan wins the duel, then David will be sent to the Shadow Realm.”
Marik:“Ha, ha, ha… well, it seems as though I've left you with a losing situation, Mykan. The question is, what will you decide to do?”
 
Outside the duel
 
This was really bad, the one part of the duel I really had no idea of what to do. I couldn't let David get sent to the Shadow Realm, I knew how much he meant to the girls, but if I didn't do what I needed to do now, Marik would have a chance to finish me off.
 
It also didn't matter who went to the Shadow Realm. Usually only the one who cast the victim to the Shadow Realm would be able to bring them back, which meant, only Marik could control the fates of the duel victims.
 
The only way he could've been stopped, was if I was able to over power his Millennium Magic. “Wait… that's it!” I said. I had just realized that with Ishizu knocked out, she wouldn't be able to back Marik up.
 
“Yes, and now's the time to give it a try!” I replied.
 
Everyone seemed confused. My Necklace began to glow. “Marik… I'm about to put an end to the darkness you've cast once and for all.” I snarled.
 
Marik seemed absolutely aggravated. “You dare to challenge my Millennium Rod?! You and your pitiful Millennium Necklace?”
 
I nodded hard. “All through this tournament, you and your sister have been trying to block my powers, but now that you knocked Ishizu out, I'm going to give it all I have to stop you and your Shadow Magic.”
 
Marik gritted his teeth, and Pulled out his Millennium Rod. “Very well then… Although I was hoping to finish you off until after I crush you in the duel, but if you wish to deny my greatness, very well, I too shall hit you with everything I have.”
 
We both stepped forward a bit, past the duel images, and out Items began glowing hard as we both concentrated all our powers. Then… IT WAS ON!!!
 
Marik and I let out two huge ROARS as our Magical energies collided in a tug-o-war of power! Without Ishizu to back him up, Marik's power only seemed to be equal to that of my own… but that still wasn't giving me the edge I needed.
 
As strong as I was to counter him, it wasn't enough, I still couldn't beat him.
 
“It's not working!” cried Clover.
 
“The blasts are evenly matched!” added Sam.
 
Finally, the two forces canceled each other out, and the darkness still hadn't lifted. “Ha, ha, ha… too bad, Mykan. Looks like your best wasn't good enough!” Marik mocked.
 
Then he poised his Millennium Rod at the remains of Alex. “and now as punishment for your defying me… you're fate SHALL BE HER'S!!”
 
The others screamed… “NO!!” as Marik fired his energy ready to banish Alex away forever, but before his Magic could get to her… something blocked it.
 
“Huh?”
 
“What the--”
 
“What's this?!” Marik growled. “It can't be… it's not possible. Something is blocking my Millennium Rod!”
 
Everyone suddenly looked behind Marik, and what we saw left us shocked, and amazed. Erica was floating in midair, and holding Ishizu's Millennium Ring.
 
“Erica!” cried Sabrina.
 
“What's happening?” I asked.
 
Then suddenly, Erica actually began to speak. “Everyone… it is I.”
 
“Ah! It's Ishizu.” I said. “Somehow she has used her mind control to infuse herself into Erica.”
 
“Yes… I have.” then she cast her glowing eyes down at Marik. “Brother… I am most disturbed of your actions. I have stuck by your side for all these years and you have betrayed me!”
 
Marik growled and poised his Rod at the Baby. “I warn you Ishizu… stay out of my way, or I shall banish you to the Shadow Realm as well!”
 
Erica, under Ishizu's control, raised the Ring to defend herself. “You are no longer in any position to make threats.” she growled.
 
She explained how she had finally come to reason with my being with Sabrina, and how she was most ashamed of all the evil things she had done. “Mykan, Princess… I cannot change the past, but I can make things better for us all.”
 
She concentrated her powers, and then blasted a shot of energy towards Marik leapt out of the way and then began blasting straight back. “GRR!! I'LL GET YOU YET!!” he roared.
 
With Marik now distracted, he was completely defenseless from behind. “Mykan… you use your powers to lift the darkness my brother has caused!” Ishizu cried. “Do it now! I cannot hold him off much longer!”
 
I nodded. “Thank you, Ishizu.” I said in my thoughts. “We may have been through a lot, but you are doing the right thing, by helping us to put an end to this struggle for good!”
 
I concentrated all my energy and FIRED!! Tearing through Marik's defenses, Marik was hit, and he was knocked way back to his post.
 
“GRR!! No! This can't be happening!” he roared.
 
The Darkness seemed to lift, and the shadows were gone, though the skies were still dark due to Ra's presence.
 
David's body softly floated down tot eh floor, and the rest of Alex's body was recovered and she too was back again.
 
“Alex!” cried Clover
 
“It worked!” cried Sam.
 
Alex felt herself all over. “Yeah.” She cried. “YEAH!! I'm back!”
 
The girls ran over and hugged her deeply. She was back, and Marik could no longer harm any of us. “Which means now… The time has come for me to finish you off, once and for all!” I snarled.
 
Back to the duel
 
SCORE: (Marik: 900 / Mykan: 1700)
 
Mykan: “I send all the monsters in my deck, my hand, and in my Graveyard out from play, so I can activate the effects of Ragnarok!”
 
Marik: “No! You can't!”
 
Mykan: “Marik… it's over!”
 
(Discards everything)
 
(Monster Appear everywhere in a Jumanji tornado scene)
 
Alex: “Whoa! Check it out!”
 
Clover: “It's Mykan's monsters on Parade!”
 
(Monsters start to Attack Ra)
 
Marik: “You're monsters-- They can't do this! CALL THEM OFF!!”
 
Mykan: “I'm afraid it's too late Marik! Now all my monsters will Attack… and send your Winged Dragon of Ra off the field and gone for good!!”
 
Marik: “NO!!”
 
(Big Explosions, and lighting flashes)
 
(Everyone Braces)
 
(Ra CRIES out in Pain… and EXPLODES)
 
Marik: “This cannot be! You're monsters have destroyed my Egyptian God Monster!”
 
“And now your Magicians are still in attack position… AND THERE'S NOTHING BETWEEN US TO PROTECT ME!!”
 
Mykan: “Which they shall deliver the FINAL BLOW!!”
 
“Dark Magician… Dark Magician Girl… ATTACK MARIK, NOW!!”
 
(Combined Atk: 4500)
 
(KAPOW)
 
Marik: “WAAAHH-AAA-AAARRRGGH!!”
 
(Marik falls down)
 
FINAL SCORE: (Marik: “0000” / Mykan 1700)
 
(Explosions still going)
 
Mykan: (Throws up fist) “YEAH!!”
 
Sabrina: “HE DID IT!!”
 
(All cheering)
 
 
The images faded, and Odion was happy to announce. “And the winner of the tournament crown is… PROFESSER MYKAN!!”
 
The girls and Jerry came up and held me up high, still cheering.
 
It was finally over