Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Trails of the Heart ❯ Just Another Day in New York Prt. II ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Trails of the Heart by DarkAmethyst II

Author's Notes: Yeah! It finally gets interesting. I wonder who's Anzu's rescuer and I know you all are dying to find out UNLESS you don't care (starts weeping uncontrollably). Please note that I have changed my penname (Angelontherunus) to DarkAmethyst II so don't be alarmed, I'm still me, I hope.

Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh Ok, so go make your living somewhere else and leave me out of your lawsuits.

Chapter 5- Just Another Day in New York Part II

"If you know what's good for you, I suggest you let the girl go" demanded a strong familiar voice.

The gangsters darted their eyes towards the proximity of the voice. In their presence stood (oh nooooooooooooo) a mysterious figure of unknown origin, but what appeared to be the outlining of a young man, leaning against the wall towards the entrance of the alleyway, preventing escape. Because he was hidden within the tall shadow cast by the building, his facial appearance was unclear. However it was apparent that his arms were crossed while he held a stern face with his eyes closed (where's the spiky hair where?). The wind blew under his long coat causing it to fly up like a cape while the attempted rapists holding Anzu captive sneered at the figure and then turned to his hooligans who just stood there in shock like dimwits.

"Don't just stand there you measly runts"! "ATTACK THAT NOSY DUPE NOW"!!!

With that the felons pulled out their weapons and plunged forth at top speed.

The shadow slowly opened his eyes to reveal a deepened frown emanating from his deep felt sapphire eyes while positioning himself for his defense.

"Fools"

The gangsters rushing forth slashed, punched, spiked and tore at its clothes leaving him with intense bruises and scratches (most likely) and yet they couldn't grip onto him. He was as slippery as a mouse. Instead he blew them away with his punches, kicks or tosses, sending them flying back towards their fellow comrades. After a while, most of the villains started retreating back into the darker depths of the alleyway, leaving the chief and him in on a one on one showdown. The leader who still had the unconscious Anzu pinned to the wall gritted his teeth in fiery.

"You want her"(grabbing Anzu by the collar) WELL FETCH"!!!

The Boss practically threw Anzu at prominent figure before speeding off with the others shouting,

"THIS ISN'T OVER PUNK"!

Thankfully, The mysterious stranger had jumped out of his shadowy sanctuary just in the nick of time to catch Anzu. He continued to hold her at a standing embrace, watching the goon along with his minions disappear into the dark shadows. Her head rested easily across his lean muscular physique, way out of harms way (unless... he's evil, runs away screaming "aaaaahhhh"). Slowly and steadily she began to awaken, shown mostly through her low groaning sounds. Her eyes twitched, springing carefully open to review fuzzy twisted images of her surroundings. Everything was still so blurring not to mention confusing and numb. All she felt was this presence, holding her, so warm yet fa-mil-iar (surprising isn't it). The thought of it however, made her stomach turn for a bizarre reason.

"Yami?" Anzu asked cautiously looking up to view her rescuer.

All she could make out were these distorted images of what appeared to be beige skin and an outlining of a head plus a little glimpse of (au oh) brown hair (due to blurring). These images stung her eyes, so she shut them for a moment to relax them before attempting another look. This time it was clearer but still distorted. However slowly they began to focus and focus and....

"What! KAIBA"!

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

to be continued.................................................................. . .

Author's Note: Yes! Another chapter done. I'm so sorry for those of you who wanted it to be Yami (I secretly wanted to put Yami in instead) but that would have been to obvious and would have totally cut short the story. Also I apologize for the length, but don't worry I'll try to put the next chapter up by the end of this week or at latest early next week. For those of you who are thinking nooooo not another Seto/Anzu fic (aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh............." falls down an endless portal). I haven't actually decided what kind of fic this is.