Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Trails of the Heart ❯ Just Another Day in New York Prt.I ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Trails of the Heart by DarkAmethyst II

Chapter 4- Just Another Day in New York Part I

Author's Notes: I've changed my pen name (Angelontherunus) to DarkAmethyst II so don't be thrown off by the change cause its still me I think. Last time on "Trails of the Heart" Anzu arrived in New York and spent most of the time rethinking about things (not much action). Then we notice a mysterious figure lurking close by. Who could it be and what does it want? Want to find out?

Then just keep scrolling down....................................................................... ...

Chapter 4- Just Another Day in New York Part I

The shadowy figure continued to watch Anzu's movements from a distance behind her as it drew ever nearer, creeping slowly and carefully like it was trying to avoid any notion for it's surprise attack. Anzu felt it was a bit quiet out, a bit too quiet, especially for such a busy city. There were absolutely no sounds; as though the city had suddenly grew silent. The thought of that sent chills down her spine. She zoomed in on her hearing for a better analysis, to hear very soft and almost undetectable footsteps coming towards her direction. Footsteps that were growing quicker and louder by the minute as they changed into shuffles. At last a twig cracked from beneath the figure's foot and Anzu knew it was behind her. Her clenched eyes flew open as her body swerved around to confront the figure.

"Who the hell are you"? She demanded, turning around swiftly.

It was a husky man wearing a black ski mask with a large green windbreaker jacket on and gray faded baggy pants. He seemed shock that she had caught on to him, totally ruining the element of surprise, but it was no matter now. The mugger plunged forth causing Anzu to let out a deafening scream that could be heard for miles away as car alarms went off throughout the block.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"< /div>

However it was not her that he was after. Anzu had finished her deaf defying holler when it hit her that jerk had swooped off with her suitcase and was getting away that very instant.

"No! Come back here. Somebody help me," she cried out loud.

She chased him down several blocks before he finally cut into a two-way alleyway where he halted to catch his breath.

"Man! (Gasping). That girl can run"

"There you are! You thief!" shouted an angry Anzu who scowled while she pointed her finger towards him. "Give me back my suitcase or else"

Still catching his breath he gathered himself. "You want it? Well here it is" he replied swinging the suitcase at her.

Luckily she ducked in the nick of time. As a result fell on to her behind, leaving her vulnerable to his assaults.

The thief started smirking as he inched closer towards the fallen Anzu who started backing away on the floor, trying desperately to reach for whatever she could find while still looking up at him like a scared puppy dog. At that instance she caught on to what felt like a broken piece of wooden board and smacked it as hard as she could against his right leg. The large man fell to his knees sobbing from the pain, giving Anzu time to get off the cold concrete floor. She looked at him for a moment and delivered the final blow (with the board) across the face, sending him flying directly into the garbage cans, knocking him unconscious. Seeing what's done was done, Anzu threw the board aside and dusted herself off.

"That'll teach you to mess with someone whose been on a 18 hour flight with two transfers"

"Looky here! What the cat dragged in." Exclaimed a dense voice from within the shadows of the alleyway followed by many wicked laughs.

Anzu felt a chill run down her spine as she turned around to see a bunch of gangsters standing in the darker part of the alleyway smoking cigarettes <Give me a break already>. She must have not noticed them while she was fighting for her life. The gangsters divided themselves into two groups as a man with a white baseball cap, black sunglasses and baggy white clothes, holding a cigarette between his index and middle finger walked between them(probably the leader). He took one more puff of his cigarette and threw it aside while the others followed.

"What's the matter little lady. Never seen a real man before."

It was the guy who caught her attention before with the whole look, look, look thing.

She felt like she could hurl from what he said and the smoke seriously clogged up her lungs.

"Maybe we should show her boss," one of the gangsters asked evilly.

The guy smirked back just as evilly.

The others began crowding around her with evil grins on their face. She turned to run but it was too late, the notorious criminals had surrounded her on all sides.

" Oh no. Oh no. What do I do? What do I do (freaking out)."

They started closing in on her and before she had enough time to come clear, hundreds of hands began grabbing her at once. She punched and kicked to defend herself but somewhere along the line one of them manage to grab a hold of her and throw her against the wall. Anzu slammed hard against the wall, refracting off it before falling to the floor. Her body shook uncontrollably from the arisen pain. Everything began to blur while their voices turned to distant mumbles. The white capped guy strutted easily up to the weakened Anzu, bringing her to a wobbly standing position as he pinned her to the wall. She heard a coat unzip (her coat) and saw it discarded in back of the man. All Anzu had left was her purplish blouse and her short black mini skirt. He gave her a once over with his eyes, pulled out a pocketknife which he flung open on the spot, slowly unbuttoning her blouse with it, one by one, starting with the collar.

" You have to fight on Anzu" she encouraged herself but it was too late. Her head bobbed and she started streaming in and out of consciousness as her body went limp.

"If you know what's good for you, I suggest you let the girl go" demanded a stern yet familiar voice.

To be continued.................................................................. ..............................

Author's Note: Yes! Another chapter done. I hope you enjoyed it cause I need a break. Until then I'm out of here. (Yawns)