Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Trails of the Heart ❯ Place of Healing ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Trails of the Heart By DarkAmethyst II

Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh. I never have and probably never will so no law suits ok. I'm not Bill Gates you know.

Author's Notes: Hi! I'm back for yet another chapter. Sorry it took so long to update. I have been really busy with the whole slacking off and laying around the house doing nothing but munch on treats and watching television. Nah just kidding. I've actually been preparing my speech for this presentation I have to do. Anyhow when we last left off, Tea I mean had An-zu confessed to Yami how she really felt about him. But he sadly let her down (wahhhh) so she decided to run off to New York for that thing she turned down before. When Yami found out he rushed to the airport to stop her ( Not knowing about the talk with Mr. Basin) but when he got there it was too late and she had already left.

Now what will happen next hhhhhmmmmmmmmm............................................................. ...........

Chapter 3- "Place of Healing"

The dark blue sky remained silent, hovered above the tall black corporate buildings of the city that dwindled beneath it. Everywhere, streetlights lit as horns of taxis blew longingly through the crowed streets swarmed with men, women and children

Along a quieter block, the sounds of a distant boat arriving into port could be heard from a far, echoing its motor powered horn through the city's bay. A bus rushed pass a puddle of water, causing it to spatter in all directions. The bus came to a halt at the end of the corner and the door slowly slid open. Off stepped a womanly figure carrying a small rectangular suitcase in her right hand. Then it slid shut and the bus sped off into the night leaving the womanly figure with shoulder length brown hair and light blue eyes standing there in deep thought. She seemed rather concentrated on the billboard, which hung recklessly on rooftop of the brown broken down building covered with graffiti in front of her.

It read: Welcome to New York "The City of Lights and New Beginnings"

"New Beginnings, huh"? She asked frankly "Well I guess this is it Anzu. Your big chance to pre-attend a prestigious dance academy in New York that your friends didn't even heard about. Just you and... you...".

A sudden rush of sadness filled her face as she took out the small picture of her and her friends from her wallet, placing her suitcase down gently beside her. They all seemed so happy, holding up there peace signs (two fingers split apart like rabbit's ears) just like a happy family.

"Yugi, Joey, and Tristan must be pretty worried about me not that big mouth Joey hasn't probably blabbed everything to the others but still... I left so suddenly without even telling them, leaving a phone number to reach me at or even telling them about the talk with Mr. Basin. I should call them or maybe catch the next flight out of here but..."

Anzu pauses to think back at why she left in the first place. Yami's voice and those words, echoed in her head over and over again< I think that you're a terrific friend. You've always been there for Yugi and me when we needed you but I...I don't.... I mean I can't...its just meant.... > Anzu couldn't stand it anymore. She clenched her eyes shut, trying desperately to get those hurtful fragments of words out of her mind.

<(Still Yami's words) don't do this Anzu, there are plenty of guys out here who would die to have a chance to be bedazzled by your presence. Although you are feeling hurt right now I now that in time you'll heal. Please don't let this silly crush ruin everything that we do have. Don't you get it yet it's not love, it really isn't>

"No" she whimpered shaking her head side to side as the words continued to eat away at her. "This is better" she consoled herself. (Bringing her arms into a self-embrace as she rocked herself back and forth soothingly) "You're thousands of miles away; in a place where you don't have to face him; a place where you can buy yourself time to heal. Besides you can't wimp out now" She let out another sigh unknowingly aware of the shadowy figure that lurked close by, watching her every movement, watching, waiting, and growing closer with every breath.

To be continued.................................................................. ..............................

Author's note: Yes! That's another chapter done and many more to go. Until then I'm so out of here. Keep checking back for updates.