Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Trails of the Heart ❯ Too Late ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Trails of the Heart By DarkAmethyst II

Author's Note: Hi! I'm back and I have a new chapter up. I hope you enjoy it but its going to be kinda of sad not that the previous one wasn't.. I don't own Yugioh so don't sue you bad lawyers you. You know who you are.(pointing to a bunch of people suspiciously) One more thing Please review "need reviews, inspiration fading"(dragging her limp body across the room) but thank you to all of you who did review.

On with the show....................................................................... .

Chapter 2- Too Late

Over at the Motou House hold.

"Wow" Yugi replied as he sat down on his bed from the shock.

"I'm so sorry Abiou. that you had to find out like this"

"No, no Yami (sounding screechy), I'm glad you told me but I think I knew" letting out a sigh which slowly became a whimper.

"Poor Anzu"! This is all my fault" Yugi cried out at last as the tears roll down his pale white face.

"What do you mean" (sounding confused yet again)

< Why is it that those two never seem to make any sense>

"I've been meaning to tell you. It really is over between Anzu and me".

"Yugi..."

"It happened a few days ago" he interrupted (sniffing)

Flashback

The cafeteria hollered with excitement of the students as the lunch bell rang.

Anzu had just sat down for lunch, when Yugi approached her.

"Yugi" she said cheerfully, looking up at him.

"Hey Anzu" he replied awkwardly. "Can we talk" he asked sitting down in front of her.

"Sure. What's up" grasping his small hand into hers.

"I think... I think we should break up"

"What?" she answered suddenly dropping his hand

"Anzu it's not the way you think.( Calming her down) I'm doing this because its better if we don't lie to ourselves anymore"

"I don't understand. Was it something I did. Yugi if it was something I did I'm sorry but please don't just..."? Sounding confused and really upset.

"I know that you're a loyal friend (kind of like what his Yami said) and you don't want to hurt me but I also know that there is someone else you would rather be with Anzu. I want you to be happy, even if that means letting you go."(sniff)

" Yugi!( shocked) I...I'm so sorry(admitting it) Yugi, I tried to forget him but..."

"Its ok Anzu, Just promise me (sighs) that you'll tell the whoever it is before it's too late. I know its been eating at you for a long time, maybe even before we were more than friends. I tried too. I tried to pretend it was just a phase but I know now more than ever that I can't be so unfair to you or to me but don't worry (holds in tears) I'll always cherish what we shared"

She nodded in agreement and Yugi got up to leave

"Yugi! Can you promise me something too?"

"Anything"

"Can you promise me that we will still be friends no matter what"

"You can count on it" Yugi replied as he winked at her.

End Flashback

"You should have told me sooner Yugi" Yami stated as his hand flew to his forehead like he was very frustrated.

" I knew how much you wanted it to work out Yami. I didn't want to disappoint you. I just never really (twitches) suspected that it would be you. Would the outcome had been different if I told you sooner?"

"No! Anzu is my close friend. I would not have been so hard on her if I knew though"

"Are you absolutely sure"? Giving him one of those looks.

" Yes!(shifting away) Besides she doesn't really care for me like that Yugi. It's just something that mortals go through, something that happens. Just because it feels like love, doesn't mean that it is. I've been alive for a pretty long time and I think I can tell the difference by now.(sounding so defensive) She doesn't really love me. How could she?"

"If that's true, why are you trying so hard to convince me"

"I..."

Suddenly the phone rang.

Yugi sprang off his bed and answered the phone while Yami relaxed his tense muscles, hearing a bunch of eccentric mumbles coming from the phone Yugi had just picked up.

"Hello"

Mumble- mumble- mumble

"Jo-ey"?

Mumble- mumble- mumble

"Calm down Joey "!

Mumble- mumble- mumble

"What about Anzu? You talked to her on the phone"?

Mumble- mumble- mumble

"What! New York! Airplane! 12:oo! Tonight!

Yugi shifted his head towards Yami's direction.

"Yami I think you should..."

Yami was already gone, lo...ng gone.

"I'll call you back Joey" Yugi told Joey, hanging up the phone as he rushed down the stairs to find the front door flung open.

Yugi peered outside to see that Yami was no where to be found and the front porch practically flooded with water. There was no way Yugi could get outside in this weather.

"Please make it in time Yami" he prayed closing his eyes.

On the other side of town Anzu looked down the road holding her umbrella dripping with water as a Taxi approached her current location. She walked out to signal it to stop and it did, so she got in.

"Where to Miss"? The driver asked with his Brooklyn accent.

"Domino City Airport please. Could you step on it? I need to get there by 12:00"

"You got it" he replied tipping his dorky taxi hat.

With that the driver drove off.

In the mean time Yami was busy rushing to the airport as quickly as his feet could carry him. He was really lucky that Yugi only lived 12 blocks (coughs "yeah right") away from the airport. As he ran he looked at his watch constantly as the long hand grew closer and closer to 12. Surprisingly it was still working even with all the rain that was sinking into the inside of the device. It was already 11: 55 and he had like 5 blocks to go.

"I'm not going to make it. Anzu! Why are you doing this? You promised you wouldn't do anything irrational." Yami asked himself repeatedly letting out a loud huff to speed himself up.

After a while the outlining of the airport finally appeared and he rushed into the building with all his might. Inside, he couldn't tell which gate led to where or rather yet if Anzu was still even here but he continued to search the overly populated crowd until he finally spotted her at the farthest end of the gate. She was handing the ticket attendant her ticket.

"Anzu"! he called out but she couldn't hear him.

"Anzu"! He yelled in his stern voice once more, pushing through the dense crowd.

She still didn't hear him and was beginning to enter the inner corridor guarded by the two large security guards. If Yami couldn't get to her now he wouldn't be able to stop her.

"Anzu!!!" he yelled at the top of his lungs.

"Oh my God! That...That sounded like Yami" Anzu thought excitedly.

She quickly spun around but Yami was no where to be seen. (He had been tossed back into the mob right after his holler) A tear fell from her cheek as she turned back around and walked into the inner corridor devastatingly.

"Don't be delusional An-zu. He doesn't know your leaving and even if he did he wouldn't care"

After everything, Yami finally broke free of the crowd but it was already to late. He saw Anzu vanish into the dark tunnel as he ran up to the entrance and was halted by the two husky security guards. The roars of the plane taking off were heard while Yami's eyes shook from his failure.

"Anzu"

To be continued.................................................................< /div>

Author's Notes: I don't really feel after writing this chapter. I think I made it a little too sappy or Yami a little too sappy. But its not badly written especially if you enjoy the drama stuff. Poor Anzu and poor everybody else. Stayed tuned to what will happen next time. However until then this is DarkAmethyst II signing off.