Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ True Lies ❯ Hope ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

True Lies

Disclaimer: Feh, I don't see why I shouldn't own Yugioh, I mean I'm great at owning stuff.

I own my laptop, my books, my clothes, my Harley Davidson... Dammit why can't

I own Yugioh as well?

Author's Note: Thanks to Mononoke for reviewing =P At least I know someone cares.Heh, the yaoi starts in this chapter. It will be Malik/Kaiba pairings for the most part as well as some Otogi/Ryou action later on. Oh the fluffines, I love thee!*hugs the fluff*

**************************************************************** *************

Kaiba Seto, the prestigious and driven proprietor of Kaiba Corporation, was behind bars for the murder of Mutou Yuugi. It had happened that evening, he was sitting at home, watching the local news channel when a headline caught his eye.

"Mazaki Anzu, a young local resident teen, is the main witness for the murder of Mutou Yuugi, the Game King. And to everyone's natural surprise it seems this young woman identified Kaiba Seto as Mutou's killer." Kaiba listened to the female reporter on the news station in complete awe, he still couldn't believe it was happening. He had been at home all day with Mokuba, it was impossible...

Leaning against the cool concrete wall he pondered about his enemies, who could have done this to him? Surely by now all of Kaiba Corp new about this, Kaiba new that this would cause a huge scandal. The Big Five? It was a possibility, but certainly not likely. He was in utter panic, thinking was hard for him, sanity escaped him... all that pertained right now was the simple question: What if he was convicted of the murder?

"Well Kaiba-chan it seems you have a visitor. I'll give you 15 minutes." came the gruff voice of a paranoid jail guard. At least they still say my name with respect Kaiba thought.

"Seto-koi it seems you've gotten yourself into a horribly big mess this time." the voice came out, Kaiba knew who it belonged to, his long time friend and lover, Malik Ishtar. "Now I'd never thought I'd see the day when Kaiba Seto was thrown behind bars." he continued and let a small smile cross his lips, a rare sight.

"Malik-sama, believe me I had absolutely nothing to do with this! No one will believe me, no one! Not after my history with Yuugi, and the report from that little bitch Anzu. Someone had to set me up!" Kaiba blurted out.

This must have screwed him up big time. It's unlike Kaiba to be so tense, so nervous, it's like his whole personality has been switched. Malik noted. "I can get you out of jail Kaiba, that part will at least be easy. But as for the trial the prosecutor has already been set. Kaiba it's Ryou Bakura, he's never lost a single damned case, he has a strong reputation and a arrogant mouth that's full of bull shit."

As soon as that sentence was spoken by Malik Kaiba new this wasn't going to be an easy case for him, Ryou Bakura liked manipulating things, always having everything thing in control, every possible outcome going in his favor, that's what made him such a good lawyer...that bastard. Malik must have seen the scowl cross his face for he let out a low chuckle, a sound Kaiba had grown accustomed to.

"But who said we didn't have a little spark of hope? You know I have a sister, do you not? Well she's a lawyer a pretty good one at that, she'll defend you although I don't have the slightest clue as to why. It was strange actually, this morning she called me up on the phone and said that you would need some help later on, and she'd gladly take the job. My sister usually isn't very open about these things, so I guess you're a lucky man Seto-koi."

"How did she know of this?" Kaiba's eyes narrowed, slightly suspicious now of this so called Isis. Perhaps she had something to do with this?

To this Malik's smile only grew wider, "Kaiba-koi my sister knows many things, you could call her a prophet if you will. But never mind that," Malik paused a moment to reach through the bars of the cell, to grasp Kaiba's hand, "We should concentrate on getting you better accommodations, ni?"

To this Kaiba let a low laugh escape from his lips, however he had a feeling as bright as things seemed now, they wouldn't go quite right in the end. Little did he know that he was right with his suspicions about Isis, and her having to deal with the murder, but those feelings were cancelled out...by something that seemed more important at the moment.