Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Unconditional Love ❯ Forever Changing ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
As always thanks for reading. ^_^ Huggles to all who read and leave good reviews.

Now, on to chapter 5

Chapter 5: Forever Changing...


Days seemed to pass and Sagira was still walking around town, searching and waiting for the pharaoh. Malik went on to Battle City to duel various opponents.

She walked through town and witnessed some of the duels that were taking place, a lot of them were not really worth watching, but the ones that were, were definitely worth her time.

She would return to Malik and they would meet at a specific place and rest for the night to start a morning a new. Over time, Sagira's feelings for Malik seemed to grow more and more. Every time she thought of Malik, she would think back to all of the times he had ever smiled at her, or even joked with her; like that fateful day at the park. She knew the side of Malik that no one else knew; the tragic side, the happy side and the kind side.

She never asked him about his Yami, thinking that it would distraut him further, she just seemed to look at it as if it were a psychosis (A/N: Psychosis is a very severe mental disorder, in case you did not know, most don't unless you've studied psychology.) or a disassociate personality disorder, rather then a whole nother entity all it's own. She was about to find out all too soon that the dark energy inside of Malik was indeed something to fear and not just a so called "Psychosis".

Sagira was out on her normal prowl around town still in search of the pharaoh, whom in which, she had a faint lead on. Malik already knew where he was, but he was not about to tell Sagira. Malik had a plan to use Sagira's feelings for him in a constructive way. He as going to use her against Yugi, and against the pharaoh, who lurked deep within the Millennium Puzzle. To him, she was no more help then his Rare Hunter's and no less expendable.

As Sagira was prowling around Battle City, she saw Malik. She walked up to him to consult him about what she had seen so far, but this Malik was different: This Malik was the same one she saw when he dueled against Mai Valentine. It was the same dark energy as she had once sensed before....

She approached Malik, though she could feel a deep fear surging up from her stomach. . . . . . .

"Hey, Malik." Sagira said in a trembling voice.

"What do you want?" Malik hissed.

"I have come to tell you, that there is no sign of the..." Sagira trailed off as Malik flung around with such suddenness and fury that it blinded her. He didn't want her there. He hated her, just like he hated everyone else. It was as if he wasn't thinking and his body was running on it's own. He smiled. He shot his arm out and wrapped his hand around Sagira's throat. She fell to her knees as she gripped his hand in silent protest and gagged for breath. He smiled at her and grabbed his Millennium Rod; he violently plunged it into her ribs with a crack. She let out a cough as her face twisted in pain and his smile widened, watching her eyes fluttering in and out of focus. He wanted her gone, it didn't matter how.

Suddenly, Malik dropped her to the ground as she wheezed for breath. Malik began to move around violently, as if he were fighting something mentally. He threw his head around and staggered, as if he were drunken. Sagira tried to run, but her side was bleeding too heavily. She collapsed on the dirt, her blood flowing in steady streams, as did the tears on her face.

"Sagira!" Malik yelled as he ran over to her almost lifeless form. "What happened Sagira?"

Malik seemed to ask that as if nothing had happened just then. He caressed her body and seemed to be having somewhat of an emotional fit, asking questions in a whirlwind and rather loudly, almost screaming at her. Telling her not to die. If Malik had cared so much, then why would he have tried to kill her? Sagira thought to herself.

"M...Malik.." Sagira said, in an almost whisper of a tone.

"Sagira.." Malik replied back, looking sort of upset at this. " You're bleeding."

**Don't you remember, Malik?** Sagira asked herself. **First, you stab me, and then you try to help me? Now I'm confused, and a bit afraid, how can I stay around you, when you hurt me like this?**

Malik pressed his hand firmly on Sagira's side, to contain the blood. He was wondering to himself about what to do. Sagira was confused, but seeing Malik like this made her smile, it was the rarity of these feelings that had really brought out the good person that he was though she still did not know if she should trust him or not.

Sagira noticed how closely she was held to Malik's body. She looked over at the Millennium Rod, which whose end was covered in her blood. She turned her head over quickly, where she sought comfort in Malik's strong, proud chest. She laid her head upon it, and cried silently to herself, with both joy at Malik's present feelings, and sadness for what he had done.

That's all for chapter 5. There's still more coming! Please R&R!! I really need reviews for this fic ^^, well, at the time being.

Domo Arigato!