Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Unconditional Love ❯ Malik's Soul and the Duel of Darkness ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Well, here is chapter 9, This would be probably the middle of the story. Well, on to the fic ^__^ Oh yes, there are potential spoilers in this chapter involving the duel with Yami Malik vs. Yugi.

Chapter 9: Malik's Soul and the Duel of Darkness..


Yami and Sagira stood there and then they saw Malik approaching, it was Yami Malik. Malik inciting the dark games, has a small ransom in order, he holds regular Yugi, regular Malik and Mai as hostages.

The duel begins to decide the fate of Yami Malik's victims. Malik and Yami shuffle each other's decks and the game of darkness begins, with Sagira watching over as normal Malik and normal Yugi are chained above the field. Sagira could see the despair and hopelessness in Malik's dull blue eyes. The eyes that shown with nothing but sorrow.

Yami Malik summons the Quick Leech and attacks his first turn. It's then that a portion of normal Yugi's body begins to disappear. Sagira watched in horror at what she saw. How could Yami Malik be so cruel?

Yami Malik's turn isn't over yet, so he discards a card from his hand and put the Leech in defense mode. He discards Ra and places a card to end his turn. Yami summons the Queen's Knight to destroy Malik's Leech. Malik plays Juragedo and Destroys the Queen's Knight. he also plays a magic card and discards his hand. Malik grabs Raise the Dead form his deck. Yami activated Exchange to take it. Yami summons King's Knight, then uses Raise the dead on Queen's Knight and is able to summon Jack's Knight from his deck.

This duel was intense! Sagira watched the both of them, but never kept her eyes from Malik.

"I'm here for you." Sagira whispered as a tear of sadness fell from her cheek.

"Sagira..." Malik whispered in return.

Yami ends his turn without attacking. Malik plays the Coins from Heaven card. Yami draws Osiris, the Saint Dragon. Malik switches his monster to defense mode, places a card and ends his turn. Yami sacrifices his three Knights to bring out Osiris, but Malik activates a trap, Dark Revival, to bring back Raise the Dead from Yami's deck. He brings Ra into play and chants to turn him into his invincible phoenix form. Osiris' attack collides with Ra's in a struggle of the gods.

Joey reflected on how the phoenix did him last time. The opposing monster's destruction wasn't the problem, but the pain in which one felt when it was being destroyed. Osiris shoots Ra with it's lightning impact, but this does not phase Ra. Malik pays his 1,000 life points to have Ra attack. Osiris is destroyed and both Yugi's feel the pain. Sagira shields her eyes, not wanting to see the look of pain on their faces. That was a look that she hated. The look the plagued her life for so long.

Well, that was a lot of things in this chapter, so I cut it short for now, but fear not. There is more! How will this duel end? You may be surprised, or you may not, anything is in store since a fic doesn't go exactly like the manga or anime. Well, as always R&R!

Ja!