Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Unlikely Friends ❯ to tell or not to tell the truth ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh or DW3

Key

//~~~//=thought

/~~~~/=dream

<~~~>=anime action, a.k.a sweatdrop/ anime fall, you know stuff real people don't do

<a/n:~~~> author notes

~flashback~

Joey sighed for the millionth time and looked at the clock on the wall. //Where the heck are you Serenity// He contented himself to playing more video games, he had just beat Tristan for the hundreth time in a row in a Dynasty Warriors 3 vs match against. Tristan looked at Joey. "Hey I'm sure shes fine shes probably just hanging out at the mall you know how inconsiderate freshman can be." Tristan sighed. "I know but Seren isn't like that she never stays out this late, i'm really worried besideds you know we cant hideout here forever sooner or later my Mom and Dad are gonna to figure out which apartment we're staying at, and staying out so late just makes it worse."

Just then Serenity quietly opened the door and tried to tiptoe upstairs to her room. "Serenity!" Joey exclaimed happily then ran over and gave her a big hug. "I was so worried." "Oh, i was just starting a new job Joey that's all." "really where" "I'm a maid at this mansion." "Really whos" "well look at time its really late better get some sleep" <Serenity dashes off at hundred miles an hour up the stairs leaving a smoke trail behind her> <Tristan and Joey sweatdrop>

"My buh-rilliant mind tells me she's up to something" said Joey. "Well Sherlock does your buh-rilliant mind tell you what she's hiding." said Tristan. "Umm, ow my head hurts now." said Joey rubbing his head. <Tristan sweatdropped> "Only you could get a headache from thinking Joey." "Aaah shut it Tristan" "I think if you just ask her she tell you Joey so chill." "Maybe your right Tristan."

Meanwhile Serenity was pacing back and forth. //I cant tell Joey were i have been, he'll kill Kaiba, or worse he'll kill me // She heard Joey coming up the stairs. //eep, what am i going to do, i know i will stand up tall, look him in straight in the eye and tell him the truth, i'm working at some stuffy old guys named, named, mr.banks, yeah that'll work// Joey came up stairs followed closely by Tristan.

He knocked on the door. "Seren can i talk to ya." Joey asked. Serenity opened the door and began twiddling her fingers. "and might I add you're a vision of loviness tonight." Said Tristan. Joey elbowed him in the ribs. "What Tristan here was tryin' to say is what's up with you, your actin' kind of funny."

Serenity looked at Joey than sighed. "Promise not to hate me…" she said tears welling up in her eyes. "I could never hate you Seren." "and Promise not to get mad at me, or anyone else and go out and do anythin' you'll regret." "What is it sis" "promise" "errr… Oh all right I promise." "I'm working for…" Serenity said tears began running down her eyes. "I'm so sorry Joe I know you don't like him and I know I shouldn't be working for him…but…" Serenity began sobbing now unable to finish. "Who sis?" Joey said walking up to give her a hug. Tristan got there first. "Errr, Tristan." Joey said tossing Tristan to the side. "Oh come on I was just trying to be helpful." "How about I help my foot up your…" "I'm working for Kaiba." Serenity suddenly blurted out.

"YOUR WORKING FOR WHO!" Joey shouted. Tristan stood there shocked. "HOW COULD YOU WORK FOR HIM, THE ONE GUY, I DON'T WANT YOU WORKING FOR IN ALL OF DOMINO!" "It gets worse…" "HOW COULD IT GET WORSE." "I'm not just his maid… I'm his masseuse and have to be at his every beck and call." She said sheepishly. Joey looked like he was about to blow a gasket. "ERRR HOW COULD YOU!" Joey shouted. "YOU TOLD ME TO FIND A JOB AND I DID." <Tristan shrank to the size of a small action figure and looks at back and forth from Joey to Serenity and vice-versa> "YEAH A NORMAL JOB LIKE A WAITRESS!" "WELL THIS JOB PAYS GOOD MONEY AND I COULDN'T PASS IT UP" <Tristan begins crying little wavy streams down his face still in mini-mode> "WHY NOT YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT HIM, WHY SIS WHY?" "BECAUSE, BECAUSE I LOVE HIM"

Everything in the suddenly got real quiet. <Tristan returns to his normal size> Tristan could feel the awkard silence in the room. After a few minutes Joey broke the silence. "You don't know what your talking about." Serenity looked Joey in the eye. "Why because I'm younger than you, Joey you're my hero and the strongest person I know but I do still care about him." Joey swallowed the lump rising in his throat. "Why don't you just quit the stupid job." "We need the money." "We don't need anything from him." "I do." They both glared at each other and the room fell silent for awhile. They both turned toward Tristan. "Tristan tell her I'm right." "Tristan tell him I'm right" they both said in unison.

Tristan rubbed the back of his head. "umm, (looks at bare wrist) look at the time I have to go." <Tristan runs out of the apartment at hundred miles an hour in no particular direction> "Joe, I'm really sorry." Serenity said. "I can't even look at you right now." Joey said walking out the room and grabbing his green jacket off the hook of the coat rack. "Where are you going." "out" to where "just out, don't wait up." Then Joey walked out the house and rode off on the good bike. Serenity watched Joey leaver out her window then crumpled to floor and hugged her knees rocking back and forth and sobbing uncontrollably.

o_O wow that was a sad chapter. Thanks to my reviewers for noticing my paragraph problem. The next chap wont be so sad and the JoeyMai will come in. : ) anyway R&R