Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Unlikely Friends ❯ The Interview ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh or McDonalds

Key

//~~~//=thought

/~~~~/=dream

<~~~>=anime action, a.k.a sweatdrop/ anime fall, you know stuff real people don't do

<a/n:~~~> author notes

~flashback~

--------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------- Serenity was escorted to Kaibas office. "Take a seat." Kaiba prompted. Serenity visibly gulped as Kaiba took a seat at his desk. "Now then what makes you think your good enough to be my personal maid and masseuse?" he asked. "Well I dont think that being your maid will be all that tough and I give my brother and his friends shoulder massages all the time, you wouldnt believe all the massages tristan and duke need, their so tense." Serenity replied.

"I didnt ask you what you do for the mutt and his idiot friends."Kaiba replied. "Are you prepared to do whatever i say when i say it, when i say to jump you ask how high, when i say bark like a dog you do it..." "How much does this pay again?" "This is a part time maids starting salary." he said pulling out a manilla folder. Serenity opened it and gasped. "Thats a whole lot of money." Kaiba rolled his eyes.

"Thats because this job entails more than a regular maids job wheeler ." "Are you prepared to do every little thing I say." He got out of his chair and started circling around her like a vulture he stopped just in front of her face and brought his face close to hers he blocked her way out by puttings his hands on the armrest. Serenity gulped. "even if it means working overtime or doing what I say in front of the mutt. To be able to be called upon anytime of day without prior notice, just because I said so.

"Do you have to call Joey that?" Serenity asked trying to be brave even though her voice was shaky. Kaiba let out a laugh that sounded extremly crazy and scary all at the same time. He took his hands off the armrest and set his arms near her legs he leaned even closer so that his face was just centimeters way from hers he moved toward her ear she could hear his breathing now.

"Do you want to know why i hate that dog you call a brother." he said his voice low and somehow even more dangerous. He could feel her shaking with fear. He stood up and glared at her. "DO YOU!" he shouted. All she could do was shake her head yes. He leaned close again. "I hate your brother because hes an idiot, a pathetic excuse for a human being and third rate duelist. The only reason he ever wins any duel is sheer dumb luck and i emphasize dumb. Its guys like him that the rest of society have to hold up, a burden if you will, but what I hate most of all is how hes always clinging to past victories and other peoples glory and begging true duelist to waste their time against him, its pathetic." "Now you tell me something do you want the job or not." she nodded.

"Please I need this job, me and Joey need the money." "Figures, that dog probably couldnt get a job as a test subject at the medical college downtown." He pulled out a uniform for her, it looke exactly like their school uniform only it was black and had the letters kc on the left breast pocket. "Here." "Umm, do you have any that dont have your company logo." Serenity asked timidly. Kaiba laughed that psychotic and frightening laugh again. "You havent told him yet have you." he hissed. "N-noo" she stammered. "Well then I hope your still able to do your job even in front of the mutt." "I will." she replied. She started to leave. "and dont call him mutt."

She suddenly found herself against the wall. She looked at Kaiba and tried to get away from his grip, he was holding her wrist. "You start your job today." He glared down at her. "Please let me go, your scaring me." she cried. He moved his hands off her wrist and put them on the wall blocking her exit. "How can i be scaring you..." he said in a mocking tone. "When you dont even know what true fear is(Serenity tried to avert her gaze but he turned it back toward him with two fingers underneath her chin.) If you ever try to correct me again though i guarntee you will." he grabbed her face and brought it closer toward him. "Are we clear." he said in a menacing tone.

"Crystal." she replied freeing herself from him. "good then, i got your first assignment, go do my laundry after you get into uniform, i'll show you where my room is." She got changed and was shown what to do. Mokuba came in after his brother left for his office.

"Hi Serenity." he said cheerily. "My brother wasnt mean was he?" he said already knowing the answer. "No, he wasnt mean he was psychotic." Serenity replied her voice still shaky. Mokuba turned his gaze toward his brothers office which was just down the hall. "he's not always like that, my brother isnt mean hes my best friend, he just like hazing the help the first month or so their here, try to make them quit because a lot worse than that could happen to them if they cant handle a little teasing, when an executive of another company comes over or if a robber breaks into our house, he wants them to be able to keep their head on straight during stressful times, at least thats what he told me." Mokuba said seriously. "I think enjoys a little too though." he admitted.

Serenity put on a smile on for Mokubas sake. "really it wasnt that bad."she lied in her normal voice. Later that night Serenity was in a rush to leave she already stayed longer than she meant too, she wanted to make sure Kaibas uniforms were all sewed up perfectly, washed and presed. //I dont know what i ever saw in him, that man has no heart//

She walked by Mokubas room and smiled at what she saw. "Mokuba had fallen asleep near his brother still clutching a little cap gun and wearing a robbers uniform. Kaiba was asleep resting his head on a chair, a jump rope still wrapped loosely around his shoulders the handle resting on top of his head and Nani had fallen asleep on the other side of kaiba with one jump rope handle in her hand and the other hand clutching a cap gun and fake handcuffs still in the other with a little cop uniforms on. Serenity remembered what had happened in there.

~Kaiba was in his room putting away files while she straightened up in there, when Mokuba and Nani came in the room "Seto Nani wont be the banker." Mokuba whined. "How can I be the banker when im the cop." Nani whined back. "What are you two whining about now?" Kaiba asked. "Were playing cops and robbers and Im the robber and Nani is the cop, only i told her she has to be the banker too becuase i have to rob the banker first, but she said no that i should be the banker because she doesnt want to pretend to be the banker then i said i cant be then banker because im the robber then she said that we can just pretend to be have robbed the bank only i said no because thats stupid." Mokuba replied.

"No your stupid." Nani replied. "no your stupid." "NO you are." "poopyhead" "doggybreath." "chocolate pants." "bed-wetter." "I told you that was lemonade Nani, u ugly stupid...stupidhead." Nani jumped Mokuba and the two began fighting. <Kaiba and Serenity sweatdropped> Kaiba pulled the two off each other. "Your lucky hes holding me back bedwetter." nani said "I know you are but what am I" mokuba said. "I'm rubber your glue." nani replied. "that doesnt even make sense." Mokuba replied.

"Yes it does." "no it doesnt." "Yes it does." "no it doesnt." "Yes it does." "no it doesnt." "Yes it does." "no it doesnt." "Yes it does." "no it doesnt." "Yes it does." "no it doesnt." "Yes it does." "no it doesnt." "Yes it does." "no it doesnt." Mokuba jumped Nani this time but Nani knocked down and the two began to wrestle.

"Hey. hey, hey what has gotten into you two." Kaiba said. "Now Mokuba dont hit Nani shes a girl." "Oh really couldve fooled me." Nani started to cry. "dont cry Nani im sorry." Mokuba said trying to comfort her. she calmed down after Mokuba hugged her and apologized again. " why dont you play a different game?" Kaiba asked. "we dont want to." the whined. "well is their anything i can do?" Kaiba asked immediately wishing he hadnt. Nani and Mokuba looked at each other and smiled evily. "Well...." they said in unison. they pushed him the closet and told him to be the banker and to put on the banker uniform. then they waited for him a few minutes.

"Im not coming out."Kaiba said. "Seto you promised." Mokuba whined. They heard the door open and seto walked out with a indignant lok on his face and a white shirt that was way to short and revealed his midriff and strecthed tight and a red vest that was even shorter that looked like it was cutting off his circulation. it came just below his armpits and had the words banker written crudely on the left breast pocket. the pants he was wearing clung tightly to im and looked like they were about to snap apart. They came just below his knee. Nani giggled and took a picture.

"HEY!" he shouted. Serenity giggled. He shot her look. "Thats it im not doing this." He said throwing down the fake money. "You promised." Mokuba and Nani cried. "Fine, just dont cry, sheez your giving me a headache." He bent down to pick up the money and ripped the pants. He stood up and covered the tear backing up slowly Toward the closet his face red. Serenity and Nani were cracking up. Mokuba tried to keep himself from laughing. "oniisan <a/n-means older brother > you ruined my play banker uniform." He said no longer able to keep himself from laughing. "I'll buy you a new one." kaiba said from inside. "ok but you still have to wear the other part." "oh, comeon." "you promised Seto." kaiba came out in the outfit this time with his own pants on.

"Lets go play cops and robbers." he said with all the enthisuasim of a doorstop. "Yea!" they shouted. dragging him out of the room. "Our plan worked." She could hear them in the hallway. "What plan?" She heard the door shut and lock. "What Plan?!?"~

That had been a few hours ago. She smiled and walked into the room and unwinded the jump rope off Kaibas head and stroked his hair out of his face. He had been a good sport and played with them the whole time. //Maybe he isnt that bad// she picked up his arms and rolled them into Mokubas bed. She then picked up each of his legs and placed them in the bed. //for someone so skinny he sure his heavy.// she then picked up Mokuba and Nani and placed them on either side of him. and then tucked them all in. She kissed mokuba and nani on the forhead then hesistated and did the same for Kaiba. Then she put away all the toys they had been playing with and closed the door. "Goodnight, sleep tight she whispered before shutting the door and leaving. Kaiba opened one eye and watched her leave then smiled and went back to sleep.