Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ What a Desprite Heart Does ❯ XII ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Beholder: Ok, Something I really need to do and this makes up for all the times that I have forgotten to do this in any of my preveius chapters!

Disclaimer: Beholder of the Shadows does not own Yu-Gi-Oh!!! She writes this for entertainment purposes only!! So Now leave me, the disclaimer, alone untill the next time this story is posted!!

Beholder: Thank you disclaimer!!

Disclaimer: Bye!! *vannishs*

Bakura: Ok, there. Beholder: Who the heck was that?

Beholder: The disclaimer

Bakura: The disclaimer is a person?!

Beholder: Yep!

Bakura: uh… O.o'

Beholder: OY! I have not updated in a long while eh? And my FF7 fic hasn't been touched since Christmas Holidays! Oy, I am going to update that soon cause I had a burst of ideas for that yesterday during washing dishes. Any way, this chapter is going to be a little weird so please don't get angry if its totally worth less that poop. I have been debating how to write this and I'm giving this my best shot cause this is probubly the hardest part.

Bakura: Your just lazy

Beholder: Bakura, go eat a fire truck or something, it should keep your mouth from moving for a while with sounds coming out

Bakura: That was lame Beholder

Yami: so…. WHY DO I HAVE HYPOTHERMIA?!?!

Bakura: *backs away* eh? What the???

Beholder: uh… hehe, Yami, just let me write this, I had to give you that so Rea could get shirtless and beisde you on the couch… WRONG IMAGE!!

Bakura: WTF? You said it!

Beholder: My friend Dark Raven was really making a huge thing bout it though. Oy, her lemony brain has read to many lemons

Bakura: I see…

Yami: O.O'

Beholder: Well, lets get on with the show!!

****************************

Chapter 12

****************************

Warmth, that and the cold that were battling in his body. The cold though, was losing the battle as the warmth spread through him, into his every body and soul. He felt the warmth that was so close to him and yet so far from his mind, like a shinning star that you could only see and never touch. His mind slowly was tugged back to his body and the achs and pain that came with it. He breathed deeply and slowly opened his eyes to see the blurred world around him. He blinked and his vision cleared to show he was covered in blankets upon blankets looking off of the side of a couch to an elegently decorated room with ancient Egyption trinkets and parchments on the walls. Slender arms wrapped around his chest from behind hugging him close to a warm body presses to his back.

A confuzzed look spead to his features untill memeories of what happened quickly flashed in his mind. He had left, Left Yugi. Wandered for hours in the freezing night till morning. A women, Rea, she brought him home. A blush slowly rose to his pale checks as he recalled what had happened. Soft breaths brushed along the back of his neck and the warm body behind him brought warm heat to his body.

It was silent in the room, only the sound of soft breathing being heard. He felt a soft russel of the blankets and soft voice spoke low in his ear.

" Yami? Are you awake?"

Yami's voice seemed to have fled him and he could only nod gentilly. He felt himself being brought into a sitting postion the arms and body left his own. He looked up into the soft eyes of Rea. Whom was looking right into his tired eyes. She smiled weakly, holding a blanket around herself above her chest. She smiled softly and placed he hand on his forehead. After a few moments she pulled her hand down and rested it on his shoulder.

Yami continued to look into eyes that were full worry and kindness. She turned away and Yami brought his gaze down to see the bright sun light of late morning shining though the window in the tilled floor.

Rea took half of the blankets and set them aside beside the couch. Picking up her sweater she pulled it over her head. She stood up and walked to her ktichen but paused as she heard a low weak voice behind her speak.

" Thankyou."

Rea turned and looked at Yami who was sitting on her couch, staring up at her, eyes shinning in the late sunlight that reflected like flames in the horizon. She smiled and nodded.

" Anytime Yami. Anytime."

She leaned he back against the entrance to the kitchen watching Yami intently as he sat with his head now slightly bowed in thought. She paused before speaking, her words soothing and welcoming.

" So Yami, I was wondering if you would like to stay here. I know I asked you this before but I just want to makes sure. You were a little out of it when I first asked. You can stay as long as you wish untill you find somewhere else you want to go." `Or never leave.'

Rea's mind spoke the last part in her mind. She always had been alone in with no one else as family that was close by. And her `brother' could only see her so much. They were close since the incident that brought them to be friends as close as brother and sister, but he had his own life that she hardly knew anything about and didn't want to take up his time all the time. She would have liked having someone in the empty apartment, and just so happens that this quite attractive man was in need of a place to stay. Oh, she hoped he would stay.

Yami looked up at her, gaze never wavering. His voice was quite and slighlty sore from illness but still quite strong.

" I don't want to be a burdon on you. But I don't have anywhere else to go."

She smiled softly.

"Is that a yes then?"

His face relaxed slightly in a faint smile.

" Yes. I suppose."

Rea almost squeeked with joy, but she noded with a bright smile on her lips.

" Alright then. Make your self at home. You can stay as long as you like."

Yami nodded, a knot in his chest loosening with relief. He had somewhere to stay in this dark and dangerous world, and he couldn't help but trust her entirely.

*********************

The faint glow of the street light glowed on his white hair making it look a silver gold in the star filled night. Sighing softly, Ryou pushed his key into the lock of his front door and unlocked the door, pushing it open gently and closing softly behind him.

He slipped off his shoes, shrugging off his coat and tossing it on the floor. Walking into kitchen he flicked on the light. A soft groan came from the living room couch and he looked over it to Bakura lying asleep with a bag of melted ice held to his groin where Yugi had hit him. That was three days ago and Bakura was still in pain, ice packs with him all the time, never leaving the house in those three days.

Ryou sighed and smiled, taking the ice pack from his gentily snoring Yami's hand and draping a blanket over him. He tucked the edges around his Yami's form and stood up walking again to the kitchen and opening the refridgerator. Grabbing a rice pudding he plopped down on the other couch in the living room and began to eat slowly. His mind going back to what had happened that evening, he smiled into his pudding and closed his eyes.

Who knew that Ryou would be dating the most beautiful girl he knew, he brown hair down to her waist and blazing green eyes could make him melt on the spot. Her soft voice and pink lips making him stare with the look of a love sik puppy and her pale skin soft to the touch.

Finishing his pudding he set the plastic cup on the table and rested back into the couch. Over a year he had been seeing her. Her name, Anne, making his heart flutter. Now that he was out of school, he was training to be a teacher and also looking for someone to share a family with. And Anne seemed to be perfect.

Ryou's thoughts turned tto his Yami whom would probubly he would part with if all that was to happen. Knowing Bakura, he would do fine on his own, with the job he had of teaching fighting to those who wanted to learn from the best, being of course Bakura.

His thoughts then settled onto his friends whom hardly knew about his love life at the moment. Not that keeping it secret was easy with Joey snooping around. And Yug and Seto's relationship being out now, anything could cause his little secret love dating with the girl of his dreams to come out.

He hadn't seen Yugi in nearly three days since they had found out Yami had left, and the hikari was very crushed. Seto had said that he was doing fine now, but not a word had been heard from him to anyone but Seto. He hoped Yugi would be alright. He would be crushed too if his Yami had left him.

Looking over to his now snoring Yami, Ryou could only snort at his Yami. Bakura was friend as well as his brother, and losing him, would make him go over the edge.

A shooting star passed in the skv as Ryou's eyes fell shut making him submit to the realm of sleep.