Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ What a Desprite Heart Does ❯ XI ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Beholder: Back again!

Bakura: Oh joy…

Beholder: I am really starting to consider removing you from me author notes here cause all you do is put me down!

Bakura: NNNOOOOOO!! I'M SORRY!! I WANT TO BE HERE!!!

Beholder: Much better ^.^

Bakura: To torment Yami

Beholder: BAKURA!!!!!!!

Bakura: U.U'

Yami: Why did I leave?

Beholder: you felt you failed as a Yami so you left

Yami: YOU MADE ME CRY?!

Beholder: That was out of pure pleasure ^.~

Yami: Where in Ra's name am I going?!

Beholder: I didn't know you could go anywhere in Ra's name?

Bakura: *chuckles*

Yami: urghhhhhhh!!!!!!

Seto: Someone ate burnt eggs or something cause Yami is really not in a good mood

Beholder: o.o''' anyway, I am loaded on pixie sticks here and am supposed to be doing homework but this is more important so let the random typing begin! Lets see where the keyboard takes us today!

Seto: Oh god….

Chapter 11

****************

Rea walked down the street bags of groceries in one hand and umbrella in other. The rain was coming down in torrents and she could barely see three feet in front of her. She crossed the road as the last car drove past and ran to the sidewalk.

Rea groaned frustrated as she examined her soaked skirt. She grumbled and continued walking nearly walking into a man with… wait a second, black, red and blond hair?

"Yami?"

Yami froze and didn't turn to face her, his duffel bag slung over his shoulder wearing nothing but Black Jeans and burgundy sleeveless shirt (Boots, socks, etc. You get the picture!) which were soaking wet.

Rea raised a brow in confusion. `What is he doing? He's going to get sick! And what is that duffel bag on his shoulder, is he going somewhere?'

Yami finally spoke but Rea noticed the tension in his voice.

"Yes?"

"Yami, what are you doing out here in this weather? Its freezing and I know it's none of my business but are you going somewhere?"

Yami stood for a moment before turning to face Rea. His appearance was shocking. Not only were his clothes drenched to the bone but his hair was dull and down from the heavy rain and his eyes seemed empty surrounded by pale face that was almost as white as the fresh snow in the winter. Yami looked down and mumbled.

"I don't know where I'm going?"

"Do you have anywhere to stay?"

Yami bowed his head and slowly shook his head in response. Rea bit her lip in concern. `He doesn't have anywhere to go. I can't just leave him out here and something tells me he's not going home.'

Rea walked up in front of Yami and spoke in a soft voice with kindness.

"Would you like to stay with me until you find somewhere else to go? That's is if you want to?"

Yami looked up with dull but thankful eyes that made Rea want cry out why he so down. Rea smiled softly.

"So is that a yes then?"

Yami looked into her eyes and a small spark of His old blazing self flickered for a moment. He smiled a small thankful smile and nodded. Rea put the umbrella above the both of them and they walked to Rea's Apartment through the pouring rain.

**********

Rea set down the bags of groceries on the counter and quickly put the refrigerated item in the fridge. She walked down the hall to find Yami still standing at the front door dripping wet. She sighed in concern and led him to the couch and sat him down. It worried her how easily he seemed to follow her commands. She went and got a towel from he closet and rushed back into the living room where she left Yami.

Yami stared straight ahead as if in a trance and didn't flinch and Rea wrap the towel around his slightly shaking form.

"Yami, I want you to get out of those clothes, they're soaking wet and you'll get sick. I'll get you something to wear."

Rea left the room to go to her spare room and opened the closet. She grabbed a pair of black pants and a loose white T-shirt. She examined them and nodded, "yes, these will do just fine. It's a good thing my brother left some of his clothes. Even though he never lived here he left some of his clothes. He said he didn't need them. Oh well. I sure miss him. Wait a minute. How long was Yami out there?"

Rea entered the living room to find a set of wet clothes on the table and Yami wrapped in the towel she had given him. She set the clothes in front of him and took the wet clothes setting them aside.

"Change into those Yami. I think they are a bit big but they should do I hope."

After running around for a blanket, she returned to find Yami weakly pulling his shirt on. Shaking. She draped the blanket around his freezing form.

Rea watched Yami's slouched form wrapped in the blanket. His hands were clutching tightly at the blanket making his knuckle turn white. His hair was damp and not as lively as it usually was.

She stared into her cup deep in thought. `His eyes are so empty. He's hurting so badly, but I don't know what I should do. I wonder how long he was out there in that freezing rain. God his lips are almost blue. He might have hypothermia!' She sat beside Yami and hesitantly reached for his hand.

Yami jumped at the warm hand on his and looked up into Rea's eyes. They hold more beauty than the stars on a black night over the sea. He slowly relaxed and his hands loosened their death grip on the blanket. He felt so cold. He hadn't realized how tired and cold he felt. His bones ached and his skull throbbed. He coughed as a shortage of breath caught in his chest, his body shaking violently with each cough. Rea rubbed his back and the coughing died down. She slowly laid Yami on the couch and draped an extra blanket over him. He wanted so bad to just sleep and let his eyes close.

" Yami. Don't you dare fall asleep!" Rea's plea slowly sunk into Yami's mind and he cracked open his eyes to se her frantic face. He tried to speak but his voice seemed to have left him long ago. Rea voiced what she tough he was trying to say.

" I know your tired Yami, but you have to stay awake. You have hypothermia. You're shaking and you're freezing. And I know you're tired, but if you fall asleep Yami, you might not wake up."

Yami didn't respond but his eyes were open and looking at her meaning that he was awake. She ran off and got some extra pillows and blankets and covered Yami. After about 50 Blankets and pillows that were under the spirits head, Rea held Yami's ice cold hand. `Ra, he's till freezing. I don't have any other choice." She quickly threw off her sweater and gently slid under the many blankets beside Yami. She pushed herself right to his shaking body and hugged him close trying to warm him up. `Come on Yami. Warm up."

They lied like that for a while and Yami struggled to stay awake with Rea's reminders. After what seemed like hours his shivering stopped and his body wasn't half as cold as it was. Rea breathed a sigh of relief. Both of them didn't move to break apart and Rea hugged Yami. The warmth make Yami feel so relaxed and all the more tired. But he felt a lot warmer. His eyes started to droop and he fought the sleep that was trying to claim him until Rea's soft voice broke his struggle.

" Its okay Yami, You can rest now. I'll be right here."

And with that Yami surrendered to the welcoming world of sleep.

******

Seto Kaiba, Ryou, Bakura, Joey, Tristin and Tea drove inside Kaiba's Limo to Yugi's house. Everyone had heard of the fight by now from Ryou and Bakura and they were going over to check up on Yugi and Yami. The group had all stayed the night at Kaiba's house the night before and planned on a day of fun in the outdoors but the thunder they awoke to caused that idea to go down the gutter. It was currently eight in the morning but no one was worried about that since they knew Yugi was an early riser, unlike Yami who sometimes slept till noon.

Kaiba looked to the other teens in his limo. Ryou was sitting next to the window watching the scenery go by with Bakura asleep with his head on Ryou's shoulder. Tristin sat next to Bakura and also beside Tea who was also watching out the window that was covered in rain droplets that never ceased to stop falling on the clear glass. Joey sat next to Kaiba but unlike he his usual fidgeting when being so close to his enemy, he was sitting silently half-asleep.

Kaiba smiled to himself in at peace. This was the only peaceful moment he had had since the day before with Yami finding out about him and Yugi being together. After Seto and the Bakuras left the day before from the game shop, Ryou and Bakura called everyone to Kaiba's house and the truth was told.

*Flashback*

Kaiba's House*

Kaiba fidgeted as everyone watched him for the big news that they had been called for. He wasn't really looking forward to their reactions after seeing Yami's previously and he was wondering if Joey would actually kill him.

Bakura cleared his throat, which snapped Kaiba out of his train of thought. He sighed as he opened his mouth to speak.

"The reason Ryou and Bakura called you guys here today is because they wanted me to tell you…"

Bakura growled.

"Geeze Kaiba! Your making it look like someone died." Ryou glared at his Yami who smirked.

" Just tell em already!" Bakura oh so nicely encouraged which earned him a burning glare from Ryou and confused faces from the others except Kaiba. Kaiba breathed before declaring in bold and absolutely terrified words.

" I'm going out with Yugi. Me and Yugi are a couple and we have been Seven months now."

Everyone was silent as they absorbed this piece of news. Joey broke the silence.

" Well bout time you came out! I was getting really annoyed with ya not telling anyone!"

Everyone, including Kaiba's, jaws dropped to the floor. Joey smiled and leaned back in his chair. Kaiba tried not to choke over his words.

"Y-You Knew?!"

Joey laughed and shock his head at the red Kaiba. Everyone started at him like he grew another head.

" I've known for like months that you guys were going out! I just kept my mouth shut so I wouldn't ruin the fun! Ha! Kaiba, You are one dumb Guinness"

*End of Flashback*

Kaiba sighed. The group soon found out about Yami's reaction and Joey wasn't laughing one bit at the end of hearing it. Everyone ended up staying the night and planning ways to cheer their friends up, and maybe cool Yami off a bit.

The game shop came into view but Kaiba frowned. The lights weren't on in any of the rooms and the shop sign read close which was odd considering it was usually open by now. The limo dropped everyone off at the front of the game shop under the small entranceway. Joey knocked on the door and waited with everyone. A minute went by and no one answer the door. Bakura growled as he was cold and it was wet out. Joey knocked again only to receive no response. Kaiba frowned and walked up to the door. He reached in his trench coat pocket and pulled out a key and placed it in the lock on the door. Joey raised a brow.

"Since when did you have a key to the Game shop Kaiba?"

Kaiba rolled his eyes.

"Since Grandpa gave one to me a few months ago."

"Oh…"

The door opened and the group stepped inside the dark game shop. Everyone hung up their coats on the hanger by the door and slipped off their shoes. They walked with Kaiba in the lead. He bit his lip. `What's going on? Where's Yugi? He is usually up and running the shop by now?'

Joey stepped in front of Kaiba.

"Yug? Ya here?" The shop was silent and everyone exchanged glances. They walked to the back of the shop and went the stairs that lead to the second floor where Yugi lived. They walked into the living room. Ryou looked around the room as everyone sat down in couches except Kaiba, Bakura, Ryou and Joey. Bakura walked into the kitchen and squinted his eyes in the darkness trying to see. He heard Kaiba and Joey go past the hall toward the bedrooms.

Kaiba knocked on Yugi's bedroom door gently before entering, Joey right behind him. Yugi was no where to be found I his room. Joey walked out to the hall again knocked on Yami's door before entering. No one there either. Joey and Kaiba both walked into the hall.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?!?!!"

Seto and Joey jumped at the sudden and very load screech that erupted from the kitchen.

" Uh Joey, was Bakura?"

" Ok, that sounded freaky, I wonder if he found a rat or something."

Kaiba smirked at Joey.

" Just what you'd need to get a workout eh?"

Joey sweatdroped.

" That's' cats Kaiba. Cats chase rats, not dogs."

The conversation was cut short though by Ryou's slightly freaked and frightened voice.

" PUT THAT DOWN!! PLEASE YUGI! PUT THAT DOWN!!!"

At this Kaiba shot off towards the kitchen with Joey right behind him. They burst into the kitchen and Joey sweatdropped. Ryou was pleading with a frying pan armed Yugi. Yugi's normally neat and spiked hair drooped and his eyes were red from what looked like tears. His eyes danced with a wild rage of sorrow and anger. Kaiba's eyes widened while Joey stared at Bakura whom at the moment was lying on the ground facing away from them in a slightly curled position. Joey could imagine what Yugi had done to Bakura with that quite dangerous frying pan.

Yugi was almost hyperventilating. Ryou stood in his pleading position and Kaiba and Joey were somewhat trying to absorb the scene in front of them, Yugi had never been violent, ever as far as both knew. But currently Yugi looked like he was about to pound anyone who came close enough to a bloody pulp. Seto spoke in a soft and comforting voice.

"Yugi. Put the pan down." He slowly inched towards Yugi.

"Come on Yugi. Put that down, it's me Seto." Yugi held the pan above his head with a shaking arm and Kaiba halted. Something was really wrong here.

" Yugi. Please."

Yugi suddenly fell to his knees and the pan fell to the floor with a loud clatter. He brought his hands to his face and rocked back and forth sobbing into his hands. Kaiba was at his side in an instant and pulled Yugi into a hug. Yugi sobbed miserably into Kaiba's shirt and Kaiba rubbed his back soothingly trying to calm his koi.

Joey slowly made his way over to Bakura and choked back a snort of laughter. He turned to Ryou and pointed behind him to the fallen Yami bearly containing his laughter.

" Uh Ryou, I think Bakura, might want some ice for that."

Ryou looked at Joey confused and looked over to his Yami.

/Bakura? Are you all right?/

// …Owwwwwwwwwwwwww…. //

Ryou knelt down to Bakura and tried to get him to sit up, but a shout from his mind link with Bakura halted him immediately.

// NO!!! IT HURTS! OH GODS IT HURTS!!!!//

" What hurts Bakura?"

// OH RA IT HURTS!!//

Ryou looked confused. Joey knelt down and whispered into his ear. Ryou's face turned bright red and he jumped up from his spot beside Bakura and ran to the freezer.

Yugi's sobs were reduced to mere whimpers and sniffles now as Kaiba slowly rocked him Back and forth in his arms. Thought races though his head about what could have upset his little koi.

Joey helped Bakura to his feet as Bakura held a bag of ice to his injured `area' groaning in pain as Joey and Ryou carried him out of the kitchen.

Kaiba gently lift Yugi in his arms and carried him into his room closing the door softly with his foot. He set Yugi down on the bed and sat beside him.

" Yugi…" Kaiba trailed off, unsure of what to say.

" He left."

"What?" Kaiba looked at Yugi confused. Yugi's eyes watered and he swallowed the lump in his throat. He slowly got off the bed and went to his nightstand and picked up a piece of paper. He clutched the paper with white fists and stared at it for a few moments and closed his red eyes.

Yugi opened his eyes and letting fresh tears stream down his puffy checks. He handed Kaiba the paper before sitting on the bed and pulling his legs up and hugging them to himself.

`My dear hikari

When I was re-awakened in the puzzle, the first thing I saw and felt was you. I felt the warmth and the love of your strong spirit and I knew from that very instant, that I would have to protect you.

At first you never knew I was there, only guiding you whispers that grew stronger as our bond grew. We were two parts of a whole; I was part of you and not alone. We fighted and struggled together against everything and you became closer than a brother to me hikari. We shared life together destined to protect the world from the threat of danger from those hungry for power. We were one.

Now, you have your own life to live and I fear that I am holding you back. I also feel that I do you more harm than good in trying to protect you. Our bond ever since I was reborn has been ever distancing us apart. Since I have become mortal again in this world, you have been living your life. I don't want you to be held back because of me and not enjoy life the way you should.

Yugi, my hikari. My love for you will never die or be forgotten and you will always have a place in my ever-beating heart. I hope one day that we might meet again and that you will forgive me. Good bye my kind young light, never let the harshness of the world dull that spark that is your soul.

Forever your brother

Yami'

**********

Beholder: All right, I think that's a good place to stop. Took me forever to write and lots of revisions but I got it done.

Bakura: YOU MADE ME GOT HIT IN THE BALLS?!?!

Yami: I didn't know my hikari had it in him.

Bakura: WELL HE SURE SEEMS TO!!! THAT BLOODY HURT!!!

Yami: And why did you make me catch hypothermia?

Beholder: You'll see. Ok, If anyone has any ideas foe this fic, review and let me know. Thanks!!