Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Where Are You Now ❯ Young love ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N- Hello reader! I hope you enjoy this story.




Coming home from school, a young girl walked past the orphanage building that is surrounded with a high metal fence. Her long blond hair move side by side as she walked past. Mai is her name, Mai Valentine. The 12 year old girl looked up at the building with great astonishment. Feeling pity for the children that dwell there. ‘What is it like to loose your parent?’ she would thought every time she walks by.



She would walk past there 6 days a week when school is over (A/N- I heard in Japan they have 6 day of school). The amount of passing increased to 7 days a week when she met a friend there, Seto and Mokuba.


It started like this………….


“Come on, Mokuba, take the bread.” His big brother offered handing him a ration of bread, “This is an orphanage home, they don’t serve much here. Take the bread, or you’ll get hungry.”


The young boy shook his head, “No Seto! I can’t, you need the bread. You’ve been handing me food for 3 days already. You’re hungry, and soon….you’ll grow weak, skinny, and die.”


“Mokuba,” he sigh, “you imagine too much. You’re too young to go on without enough food. Please take it.”


“No.” The youngster shook his head. “TAKE IT!” He ordered.


“Excuse me?” a young voice from behind them called out. They turn their heads to see who it was. A little girl about 12 years old, standing on the other side of the fence looked at them. “Excuse me but…” she continue, “I have some sandwiches that I could give you.” she dig through her backpack to search for them. “Here.” she said handing it to them.


Seto looked at her for a moment, after deciding to trust her, he reached his hands out to take it. “Thanks.”


“Oh, your very welcome.” she said gleefully looking at them with great joy.


They looked at each other for a few more minutes, “What’s your name.” asked Mokuba with a firm smile. “My name is Mai. What’s yours?”


“My name is Mokuba, and this is my big brother, Seto.”


“Do you live around here?” ask Seto eyeing the girl. She looks back at him, “Yes, I do live around here. I live like about 3 block away from here.” Her eyes scan around the field, “What is it like living here?”


Seto sigh before answering, “It’s kind of hard, especially when your goal is to keep together with your younger sibling.” she glare at him in confusion , “What happen to your mom and dad, did they abandon you?”

“Mokuba and I……We had parent, but they died. Our parents were everything to us. When they left this world, it’s like the sun leaving the sky to me.”


Mokuba eye became teary, “I loved them.” he sigh.


Seto patted his brother’s head, “It’s okay bro, I’ll take care of you and I’ll make sure we won’t get separated,” he turns his attention back to Mai, “What about you?”


“Me? Well, I do have parents. I have a mom and a dad that loves me very much. Their pretty wealthy so they buy me anything I want. The maid sometimes pack me a bit too much food for lunch.”



“Kids, Children! Please come inside now! Recess is over and now its nap time!” called one of the worker.


“Oh, geez! We gotta go, Seto!” shouted Mokuba.


“Wait! Don’t leave me!” called Mai putting her hands between the bar to reach out for Seto’s shirt. “I have to go. Will you come back tomorrow?” he asked.


He watch Mai as she nods her head, “Yes, lets meet here tomorrow. Same place, same time, Okay?”


She waved good bye to them and started home. Skipping happily until she reached her house which looks more like a mansion.


“Hello father!” she greeted as she walks into the house. Her father is sitting on a large burgundy coach, he had been waiting for her with a long face.


The house was in total silence, “Honey,” he started looking at his little girl carefully, “are you wondering where’s mom?” he asked.



The girl nodded her head, “Yes, father, I want to know where mom is.” she steps closer to her father, looking at his sorrow face, “is she alright?” she began to panic. “Is Mother alright?” she repeated.


“Your mother….Your mother is in the hospital.” he reply.


“No! Dad, tell me you’re joking. You’re joking right, dad?” she asked hoping he’ll say yes and laugh, but no, he looked too serious.



“I will never joke about a member of our family close to dieing.”


Mai ran up and jump on her father, hugging him. Not at all pleased with what she’d just heard. Tears cascading down her eyes, screaming in anger. “Why dad? Why? What happen?”


The room is now filled with sorrow, “I’m sorry sweetie. Your mother had cancer, the doctor said she’s getting weaker. She fainted this morning right after you left for school.”



“Why didn’t you tell me?” she asked whipping the tears away from her eyes.


“I didn’t want to worry you. I quickly called the ambulance to rush your mother to the hospital. She was there for quite a time. The doctor told me to go home, I couldn’t take seeing your mother suffer, I followed his orders. About an hour later they called, they said she’s dead.” he finish off by whipping his tears away. “I’m sorry, Mai.”


“Dad,” she sigh, “what am I to do?”


“It’s not your fault, your mother is probably happy in heaven.”



It was hard for her to hear that. The woman that gave birth to her, loved her, cared for her is now dead. It’s like a sunning blue sky becoming gray with angry clouds.



The next day, Mai walked from school passing the orphanage with a pity face. She looked ahead and saw Seto waving to her. She smile for the first time the day.



“Mai! Over here!” he called out. Mai ran to the edge of the fence to greet him. “Don’t stand out there,” he demand, “Come in, you could squeeze through the bar.”


Mai listened and squeeze between the bars and like a flash she was on the other side.


“Why are you sad?” he ask looking at her.


“I’m alright, don’t worry about me.” she lied.


Seto lowered himself to the ground, he sat on the soft green grass, “Come on sit down, and tell me what’s wrong.”


Mai sat down next to him, “Seto, I’m broken. I’m shuttered.” tear drops spilled down her eyes.



“Mai……What happened? Tell me, I’m your friend.” he said holding Mai’s hand.



Mai looked at Seto in the eye, “My mom is gone.” she burst out crying.


Seto reached out and held her in his arms, “It’s alright, I know exactly how you feel. I’ve been through it and I know it hurts.”



“Seto, I’m all alone now.”


“No you’re not, you have me.” he whipped her tears away and pulled her closer. They were silence for a awhile. Mai gasp as she felt a hand reaching for her stomach and started to tickle her. She giggle and laughed, she did the same to Seto. They both laugh with joy. It stop when she notice that Seto is on top of her.


He looks at her carefully. Being very close to her, she could feel him breathing on her. Seto came close and kissed her on the cheek gently.





A/N- Awwwwwww, young love. Don’t worry I’ll have them grow up soon. So what do you think. Is it good or bad? Seto is acting a bit sweet he‘ll change farther in the story. I’m not sure about Mai’s history and not much about her parent, but if there is an error feel free to tell me. Please give me one review just one and I’ll continue. Thank you so much for reading! Luv ya all!

Converting /tmp/php0AB6SY to /dev/stdout