Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Whole Again ❯ Settling Darkness ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hullo everyone! ^-^ Thank you for the reviews, I'm very appreciative. So since you were all so great, I made another great chapter for ya, enjoy!

"Whole Again"

Chapter 2

Anzu moaned tiredly, shifting and gripping the velvety covers that were over her. Her eyes flew open and she ran a hand over the covers, sitting up and looking around, her eyes about to pop from her head. Where the hell was she???

She got up, her arms scrunched to her chest, eyes sharply looking at everything in the room. She was in some bedroom and it looked very nice and royal! The bed was filled with the soft feathers of swans and the covers were pure with purple velvet. The walls shone a bright goldish color even in the slight dimness of the room.

She felt panic rise in her chest and she quickly spotted a statue with a staff, running over and wrenching the long metal-like stick from it and gripping it tightly.

The pharaoh must have snuck into their house and carried them away. Seto had been right, he did know cause she was damn sure she couldn't be in any other room like this that didn't belong to a palace.

She swallowed. She had to keep herself together. Seto and Mokuba were probably in the dungeons. Or were they? Well, they had to be somewhere cause she was a bit miffed why she was in such a nice room when she had helped out an assassin. No matter, she had to find them, they didn't deserve death and--she had found herself slightly attached to them. She really didn't have much desire for life at the time, so she narrowed her eyes and walked to the gold double doors, opening them cautiously.

She quietly wandered down the hall, hieroglyphics all around her. She stopped at an end way, hearing soft steps down the hall and the instant a guard appeared she grabbed him and threw him to the ground, harshly bringing the staff across his head, knocking him unconscious.

Her heart racing, she only gave him a hateful look, lightly scurrying down the hall, noticing how things got a little dustier and dirtier and the smell was starting to sicken her. She felt she was pretty good with knowing her way around, she already knew she was very close to the dungeons, who wouldn't know?

She took out two guards along the way, smiling, this was pretty easy as long as the idiots were taken off guard. She didn't doubt that she was a strong girl.

When she reached what looked like gates, she smiled hopefully. One guard stood there, keys jiggling at his waist, but he'd see her before she could even attack, so she'd have to go head on. With a deep breath, she whipped around the corner, dashing at him, sending the staff painfully to his groin, making him groan lowly, falling to the floor, unable to retaliate for she whacked him upside the head.

Quickly retrieving his keys she unlocked the gates, heading into the dungeons. "Seto? Mokuba?" She whispered loudly, looking around, glad no more guards were around, but she had to hurry, it was only a matter of time before other guards came along and found some unconscious.

"Anzu?" A voice whimpered.

"Aw, Mokuba??" She said, running over to a cell, the little boy standing at the bars, tears streaming down his face.

"They took Seto, Anzu!! I don't know what they're going to do to him, we have to save him!!" He wailed.

Anzu frowned deeply, quickly unlocking the cell and letting the boy wrap his arms around her, crying into her shirt.

She picked him up, letting him wrap his legs around her waist, his arms clinging around her neck. "It's ok, Mokuba, we're going to get Seto, alright? We'll get him and he'll be fine, so stop crying, we have to hurry."

The little boy nodded, silencing his sniffles as she wrapped her arms around his back, proceeding out of the dungeon.

"Hey. Pst!" Someone whispered from within the shadows of one cell.

Anzu stopped, glaring at the figure that emerged, it was a boy with almost snow white hair, wearing tatter clothes, his pale eyes narrowed. They stared at each other for a moment, then Anzu smiled, chunking the keys into his cell, the boy catching them with a smirk. Then she hurried off, leaving him behind.

"Why'd you let him out?" Mokuba whispered.

"Don't know." She said with a small smile. "Let's just find Seto."

Mokuba blinked but nodded.

They raced through many halls, stepping out of sight of guards, but once they reached a very large door, they stopped, looking to each other.

"Should we go in?" Mokuba asked.

"We might as well. Seto could be anywhere." She replied, opening the door, her eyes widening. A loud squeak rising from her throat.

The room that she had opened up to was very large. (Like a football field.) But that wasn't the root of her stricken gaze. The root was the pharaoh standing there in front of Seto who was tied to a royal looking chair. The pharaoh had his eyes on Anzu smiling widely. "You're a very determined girl."

Anzu frowned slightly, stepping in front of Mokuba protectively. "Let Seto go."

"Or you'll do what?" He asked, raising an amused brow.

Anzu twirled the staff still clasped in her grip, glaring at Yami.

"Hm." He grinned, side glancing to Seto who was staring at Anzu fearfully. "Stay back you stupid girl, get my brother out of here, run!!"

"We're not leaving you Seto!!" Mokuba cried sternly.

The pharaoh pulled out a dagger, his look still amused as he slowly moved it toward Seto's throat, but Anzu rushed forward, swinging at him madly.

His eyes snapped to her and he blocked the staff with the dagger, both immediately entangling themselves in battle.

Mokuba worriedly looked over to them, Anzu grazing the pharaoh's neck with the staff but he only countered, swiping the dagger to where she had to jump away to avoid it. The little boy rushed forward, pulling at Seto's binds. "Hold on big brother!"

Seto was edgily eyeing the fight, eyes fixed worriedly on Anzu as she was backed into a pillar, but she quickly flipped over the pharaoh's head, landing and ducking swiftly as he brought the dagger around, so she brought the staff around to trip him, but he easily jumped over it, leaping on her, placing the dagger to her neck, the battle ending.

Yami smirked. "You're a very good fighter."

"I am thankful to my father." She glared, unable to move her arms for they were pinned expertly.

He stared into her blue eyes, amusement dancing in his ruby ones. Anzu found this irritating, what was so "amusing" about all this? So, with her frustration, she sat up, her lips connecting with his, his grip suddenly loosening in surprise, so she hit him off with a forceful ram of her shoulder, standing and skittering backwards, bringing her body low to the ground, a form of attack stance.

The pharaoh regained his stance, his eyes flashing as he fixed his gaze on her.

She smiled, standing straight.

Yami blinked, smirking a little as he noticed Seto was free and eyeing him dangerously, his little brother standing behind him. "I do not wish to hurt my priest."

Seto's eyes narrowed. "What??"

Yami stood straight putting the dagger away. "You didn't have to run, Seto. I wasn't going to kill you. If anything, I know all about the millennium items."

"Well then why did you put that dagger to my neck??" He asked, perplexed.

"To test Anzu's reliability, and her skills. She'd make a very good priestess." He hinted, looking over to her, he seemed a bit distracted.

Anzu tilted her head to the side, dropping the staff and crossing her arms. "So this was basically just a test for me??" She didn't seem too happy.

"Seto, if you would, I would like you to retake the position as priest?" Yami said, pretty much ignoring Anzu, she had received her answer and he wasn't going to repeat himself.

Seto looked over to Anzu, shifting. This was very awkward. So he had run for nothing? Not for nothing, a little voice in his head spoke up. Seto broke his gaze from Anzu and looked back to the pharaoh, bowing respectfully.

Yami smiled gratefully, looking over to Anzu in question.

Anzu blinked. "You're offering me a place in this palace? What am I suppose to do? And-what about my friends?"

Yami smirked. "Yes, I am offering a place. You will be my healer and protector and your friends may visit anytime they like."

"But-we have to be at least three or four suns from here."

"Well, they could stay for a while and leave when they like. I have plenty of rooms to house them."

Anzu frowned slightly. This was definitely a once in a lifetime choice and her mother and father would be so proud. She didn't really like being alone in her house anyway, but she was still unsure.

Yami seemed to read her mind. "You may stay a few days, if you do not like it, then you may leave."

Anzu looked down and bowed.

Yami smiled. "Ah, good, I will call my guards to show you to your rooms."

Anzu froze. "You're not lying to us, are you?"

The pharaoh turned to her. "Why would I lie? As pharaoh I am true to my word."

She pursed her lips, nodding. "I'm sorry."

Seto sighed inwardly, this week had been very chaotic, but he was glad things were back to normal. "Your highness, please forgive me for my rash thinking."

"It is forgiven." He said softly, clapping his hands loudly, the sound of footsteps marching down the hall, guards appearing a second later. "The priest has returned. Please show him to his room and give proper care. Also, escort this woman to her room."

The guards nodded respectfully, splitting into groups, Anzu looking at the pharaoh, still surprised as the guards gently pushed her along. She turned her head around, locking gazes with Seto. He only smiled and disappeared around the corner, Mokuba waving to her.

In her room, she had been bathed, pampered and wrapped in the finest silk, her mother's gold collar polished until it gleamed beautifully. Now, she only sat on the velvety bed, though it was the same, this was a different room, this room was around four stories from the ground, a nice balcony across the room, the silk curtains rustling in the breeze. The day had turned to night and now she sat thinking.

Everything had happened so fast, but she was excited. To be here in this palace and to be serving the pharaoh was truly great, though she still didn't see the purpose to why she was chosen as the pharaoh's priestess.

She perked up as the door opened and a female servant entered. "The pharaoh wishes to see you my lady."

Anzu felt a bit nervous being called "my lady," but she guessed it was to be expected, so she stood, following the servant.

When they reached a gold, grand door, gems embroidered along the frame, the eye of horus gleaming in it's middle, the servant opened it, speaking loudly. "Lady Anzu has arrived your majesty."

Yami sat in a large chair that stood on a spacious balcony, another chair just across from him. He nodded and waved his hand slowly, the servant bowing and leaving.

Anzu picked at the silk lacing around her arm, shifting nervously.

"Please, join me." He said softly, motioning to the chair by him.

Anzu moved forward, sitting down, although she felt more like getting up and screaming. "You wished to see me?"

Yami nodded with a smile, then turned his head to look out upon the wondrous view of Egypt. "Do you think I rule this land well?"

Anzu clasped her hands together, shutting her eyes for a second. "Yes. You rule with power, yet you're not greedy. And your punishments are fair, not brutal. If anything, I do not see how such a kind ruler could be born from such a harsh one." Anzu opened her eyes, looking up at him, only to see a steady smile.

"That's good. I do not wish to be like my father. I found his ways unfair to the people. In this position, being pharaoh is very straining, I once had an older brother but he collapsed from stress and died. I am the last of my family."

Anzu reached a hand out, placing it over his, running her fingers over his palm, just interested in what the pharaoh could possibly feel like. "I know how you feel, I am the last of my family as well. It's very lonely."

His ruby eyes, looking more of a dark violet in the night's cover, rested on her, his expression warm. "Yes, it is."

Their eyes locked, basically studying each other, but a strange whistling noise seeped into Anzu's ears and her muscles tensed, her hand leaving Yami's to lash out and grab a golden spear ready to pierce the pharaoh's heart.

She stared in disbelief at the weapon in her hand, her head snapping around to see the glint of eyes in the shadows of the pharaoh's room, a figure standing there, smiling wickedly.

TBC....

Lol, well that was......strange. :P Hope ya liked it, I'm very please with the reviews, thank you all ^-^

~Asha