Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Whole Again ❯ Thinking Of You ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hey everyone! I'm here with another chapter and I'm glad most of you like it. Sorry to the people who thought I was moving too fast but you'll have to bare with me, lol, thanks!

"Whole Again"

Chapter 3

Anzu stood up defensively, guarding the pharaoh. "Who are you??"

Yami stared calmly at the figure in the shadows, eyes flashing. "Bakura, so I see you've managed to free yourself again?"

The figure grinned widely. "All thanks to your little friend."

Anzu gasped when he appeared from the shadows, the moonlit pouring over his white locks, his pale eyes hinting oncoming malice.

Yami narrowed his eyes at Bakura, looking up to Anzu.

"Yes, I let him out." She blinked, searching for the reason why she had done so, but nothing came to mind. "I'm sorry my pharaoh, I promise to put him back." And she reached for the dagger at his waist, pulling it out and twirling it around in her fingers before grasping it tightly. She was a person that seemed to act courageously in times of chaos and she couldn't explain why. She just felt very confident of herself whenever she was protecting someone, she guessed it was the fact that she had faith in her abilities to never let one she cared about be hurt. Or at least one that she knew shouldn't be hurt.

Bakura threw his head back, laughing. "You?! A woman? Fight and expect to beat me? HAH! Then die, seeing as you are in my way of killing the pharaoh!"

Yami seemed to tense up and Anzu noticed this. "Your majesty, I am your protector and although I cannot guarantee my own safety, it is better this way. If Egypt looses you, we will all be lost."

The pharaoh looked at her uneasily, but didn't have time to protest, for Bakura had impatiently dashed forward, ready to engage in battle. Yami could only watch as the two went at it, hopping around the room to avoid attacks or deliver ones.

Anzu gasped when his dagger roughly grazed her side, but she retaliated with a quick swing to his chest, missing his skin by inches as he agilely jumped back.

Both stopped for a second, taking deep breaths before dashing forward again, Anzu suddenly gaining the upper hand, but she was quickly overwhelmed when he evilly grabbed her side, squeezing harshly, a yelp of pain filling the room.

He quickly pushed her to the ground, straddling her before placing the dagger to her neck. "Nice try."

Anzu grit her teeth, snapping her gaze dangerously over to Yami when she saw him get up from his chair. "Stay back!"

"Yes, stay back or she'll die." Bakura mocked, his expression suddenly changing as he leaned toward Anzu's face, nastily sliding his tongue up her throat and onto her cheek, before gazing back at the pharaoh with a satisfied look. Yami had wide eyes, but they also flashed rapidly in anger.

Anzu squirmed, but stopped when the dagger was pressed more firmly to her throat. "You pig."

"A pig am I? How insulting." He said in a sarcastically hurt voice, grinning at Yami's furious growl.

"Leave her alone, Bakura." He warned lowly.

Anzu slowly looked down, seeing as Bakura was distracted with pissing the pharaoh off she quickly brought her knee up into his valuables, causing him to groan and fall off of her, Anzu quickly taking the chance to roll and sit over him, using a position her father had taught her that disabled the victim from using any of his limbs.

Once recovered, Bakura looked at her venomously, but smiled, Anzu puzzled until she noticed a drop of blood fell onto his cheek. Her brows furrowed. He must have sliced her neck and she didn't even know it, but now she could feel the sting as the breeze from the balcony came in.

Yami had already ran across the room and called for his guards, loud footsteps coming down the hall, four men bustling in the room, pulling Anzu from Bakura and taking him away. "I'll be back pharaoh and that stupid girl will be the first to die!"

Yami only gave him a calm glare, kneeling down by Anzu and placing a hand on her shoulder. "Thank you."

"Don't thank me, I'm the moron who let him out." She grumbled, feeling her throat glad that nothing went too deep.

Later on, Yami had called for his servants and attended to her wounds himself, not letting her go to bed until he was double sure she was ok.

* * * *

The next day, she headed downstairs to the front doors when one of the servants came up to inform her some people were here and she had an idea who they were, that was why she was practically running. When she reached the long front corridor, her friend Jounouchi stood waiting. She rushed into his arms, getting spun around, making her giggle loudly.

When she was released from her next lung squeezing hug, she spouted off with conversation. "Hey guys! Oh, it's so cool here!"

"I bet it is!" Honda laughed, Jou cutting in. "You got servants and all dat stuff??"

"Yeah! But that doesn't mean you work them to death, Jou." She scolded, knowing he'd probably have five maids at his side all the time, four to fetch food and the other to rub his stinky feet.

Jou just laughed, throwing an arm around her shoulder, Honda crossing his with a smile. But all festive conversation ended when Yami stepped into the hall.

Jou and Honda immediately bowed, trying to be serious, but it wasn't happening cause Jounouchi grinned and elbowed Honda, which made him fall over, so he got up and pushed Jou, who got him in a headlock, who reversed it and got him in one.

Anzu and the pharaoh just watched them, blinking. Yami was as always, pretty amused and Anzu was just---ashamed. "Jou! Honda!"

They looked up, faces turning bright red, both breaking apart and clearing their throats. "We're sorry your highness." Honda mumbled.

Anzu rolled her eyes, but smiled, looking to Yami who nodded his head idly. "Hm. You'd make good entertainers." He grinned. "It's nice to meet the friends of Anzu, and as requested, you shall be staying here for a few days."

"What?! No way???" Joey shouted suddenly, Honda frowning and hitting him upside the head.

"Yes--way." Yami said, raising a brow. "You will have rooms just down the hall from Anzu's, you can serve as guards if it's not any trouble?"

"Not at all, your majesty!" Honda said, glaring at Joey who stood straight and nodded.

Anzu just shook her head slowly, she knew bringing her friends here would be a heavy task to deal with, she couldn't say she'd ever been in a situation like this.

* * * *

Anzu was going to visit Jounouchi and Honda after her bath, but she found that both were asleep, snuggled in the royal covers. She guessed they were tired from the journey and excited to try out the new bed. (All the yaoi lovers....I know what you're thinking, but Jou and Honda are in "seperate" bedrooms *cackle* even though Honda isn't a very good "match." I like Seto/Jou better *grin*)

So she just headed back to her room, a servant appearing not too soon after.

"Lady Anzu, the pharaoh wishes for you to join him for dinner."

Anzu smiled. Dinner did sound good, she hadn't really ate much all day, so she nodded her head, telling the maid to inform the pharaoh that she'd be up in a few minutes.

When she arrived in front of the large golden doors once more, she opened them hesitantly, walking into the room. "I'm here pharaoh Yami."

He was sitting at the balcony again, candles lit for light. "Please, sit down."

She nodded, walking over and sitting down, edgy at the fact Bakura might appear and try to kill him again, though she knew he was down in the dungeons.

"It's a lovely evening." Anzu smiled, looking out at the night sky. When her eyes drifted over the stars she found herself thinking of Seto and she even missed him. She hadn't seen him in a while.

"Very." He smiled warmly, taking a sip of what she guessed was wine.

They talked lightly while eating, getting to laughing together.

Anzu giggled when she finished with a tale about Joey sleep walking over to her house and receiving a pan to the head when she thought he was a burglar.

Yami smirked. "Sounds like you have good friends."

"Yeah, they are." She beamed, feeling a bit light from all the wine she'd been consuming. It was a nice night and she was a bit stressed about everything, so wine kicked in well. "Ahh, it's wonderful here!"

"Yes, but now it's even better." He said softly, taking her hand, their faces pretty close anyway since they had scooted closer to talk.

Anzu felt herself blush and she uneasily gazed into his ruby hues, seeing the look of love and longing in them, it made a small shiver rush up her spine.

She couldn't seem to move as his face got closer and she could feel his warm breath on her mouth. Before she knew it, his lips were on hers, his arms wrapping around her waist to pull her into his lap.

She nervously followed, trapped inside his heart felt kiss, her arms hesitantly resting around his neck.

As the kiss deepened, she felt his hand lightly brush up her back, a vision of Seto's floating head appearing before her, his look sad and empty. She got the strength back in her arms and slowly pushed back, looking down. "I'm sorry--but I can't. Not--now." She mumbled, feeling bad. The pharaoh was being very merciful on their land and he should get what he wanted, but that didn't mean she could give herself to him. Not if she didn't feel the same way. Well---she did, but another whole part of it was set on something else.

He looked at her calmly, helping her off his lap. "It's ok. I suppose I was moving a little too fast. I'm sorry."

Anzu stood and bowed. "It's fine. If it's ok, I ask to be excused?"

Yami nodded his head and she slightly hurried off, out the door and down the hall. Ohhh, this was so bad, the pharaoh seemed to have fallen for her! Why her?? As she was gabbering to herself, she didn't pay attention to where she was walking and ran into someone.

"Oh, I'm really sorry! Aie, sorry!" She repeated, regaining her balance and hurriedly trying to go around them without even looking up, but the person firmly grabbed her arm, so she had to stop and look up. "Oh! Seto!"

He smirked a bit. "Where's the fire?"

She blushed slightly. "Umm--sorry, I just had something I wanted to ask my friends." She lied.

He raised a brow.

She took a moment to study him, he was dressed royally in the high preists clothes of course, he was intimidating and it made her feel uneasy. Though he did look cute. She smiled suddenly, surprising him.

"What's so amusing?"

"You look funny." She giggled, taking a closer look at the very tall hat on his head.

He frowned a bit. "You're going to the dungeons." He growled playfully, putting one strong arm around her waist and turning her sideways, almost carrying her like a suitcase.

"Seto! Stop! Nooo!" She laughed, trying to unclasp his hand from around her waist. "Agh! Bakura's down in the stinky dungeons, you wouldn't place me with that cad now would you?"

"Hmm, no, I'd place you lower." He said, grinning as he carried her down the hall.

"I'll---bite you!"

"Go ahead and try, but I really don't think you're that flexible." He said, still grinning, referring to how his hand was at her waist and the other was unreachable.

"Hah! I have come to rescue the fair preistess!" Mokuba cried in a low voice, jumping out from around the corner of the hallway in front of Seto, a fake wooden sword at hand.

Seto managed a laugh, making a small "ugh" noise when Mokuba dramatically put the sword in between his shoulder and side. He let Anzu go, then took the sword out, handing it back to Mokuba. "Good work."

Mokuba beamed widely, giving Anzu a hug. "I missed you! I tried to find your room, but all these maids kept stopping me and telling me I looked dirty! I swear I got around five billion baths!"

"Don't swear, Mokuba." Seto lightly corrected.

Mokuba stopped and nodded with an apologetic look.

Anzu giggled. "I missed you too. Both of you." She corrected at the end, gazing at Seto who blushed.

Mokuba looked between them and grinned. 'Yay, I think big brother likes Anzu,' He thought idly, pretty happy with the prospect.

"Well, I better get back to my room." She said hesitantly.

Mokuba hurriedly spoke up. "Tomorrow! Would you like me and Seto to show you around??"

Anzu turned around, looking up at Seto who seemed slightly perplexed.

"I don't think I can, Mokuba. I've been gone for a while and have gotten very behind in my duties."

"It's alright, you don't have to-"

"It's ok, Anzu. I guess I know my way around. I'll show you myself." The little boy said a little sadly.

Seto frowned, sighing. "I guess if you waited till around the evening, I could come."

Mokuba smiled and hugged him. "Ok! See ya later then, Anzu!" He called as Seto smiled and waved to her, walking off down the hall.

Anzu waved back. "Bye." With a little smirk, she turned around and headed in the direction of her room. Seto had been--very nice today. It'd seemed like he was reluctant to get away from his work and see her. Maybe.

TBC....

Yeehaw, lol. Hope you liked, bleh.

~Asha