Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ X-ness ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter two

Okay, this story doesn't have much of a plotline yet. Who the hell is Mesmero? He's the only guy that I can't find info on and it's driving me nuts. That's all. Any suggestions are wanted and check out my other fics! Um…also, I don't know as much about X-Men as Yugioh. So some characters might seem a little OOC. Does Logan swear? If he doesn't, who does? WARNING: Shounen-ai here. YXYY!!!

Disclaimer: All I own are my comics, my food and my mallet to hit people with. `Grin'.

Y. Bakura: (Rolling eyes) weird….

SakT: What are you doing here? You're not in this story…yet.

Y. Bakura: (sticking out tongue) So what? >.<

SakT: (Chases him away with mallet.)

On with the fic!

Y. Bakura: AARRGGGHHH *Whap!* x_x

Sakt: heh heh…

***

"Ohhh," Yugi moaned as he reeled over and clutched his head. He had forgotten the nauseating fears of flying. Boat was much better for both him and his dark side; at least Yami had experience in the Nile during his time as Pharaoh. However Yami wasn't doing much better in his soul room.

<Honestly, Aibou. Must we always travel on that damn flying machine? >

<It has a name you know. Repeat after me, ai-ro-plane. > Yami smiled. His hikari was trying so hard to be cute. Maybe he should help him along a little. Yami appeared, invisible to the world around, next to Yugi. Yugi looked at him in surprise as Yami stretched sexily, his shirt raising up with the movement of his arms, showing a very well built stomach. Seeing that he had the lighter half's attention, Yami pretended to still be a tad dizzy from the flight and let himself fall. Yugi yelped and moved to catch his yami.

"Oof!" they both toppled over, due to Yami's weight. (Even though he is in spirit form…) Yami quickly got off and helped his aibou up. To a passer-by, it must have looked very strange.

"Yami, what was that for?" he exclaimed in Japanese. Yami grinned widely.

"Don't talk so loud in public, you might catch some attention," he taunted quietly, poking his aibou in the shoulder.

<YAMI! Well, its not like I'm not used to it. > he sighed mentally, rolling his eyes. <Hey, was that our luggage?>

<Don't worry, I'll get it. > Yami closed his eyes and instantly merged with Yugi. Nobody in the busy crowd of tourists noticed a faint glow coming off the petite boy. Nobody noticed him transform into an older version, a colder, harsher version. He strode confidently to the conveyor belt or otherwise known as the `parcel eater'. He easily plucked their bags off the belt, but Yami couldn't resist hurrying his steps a little to get away from the baggage claim.

<Oh, what's this? Do I sense a little quiver of fear from the King of Games? > Yugi now teased Yami.

<Yugi, you know very well that I hate this place. > Yami groaned, but letting his Hikari take over once again, causing Yugi to drop the unexpected weight of the bags, now that his arms lacked a certain strength.

<Yami, > he whined. <Couldn't you have put the bags down first, or at least found a trolley? >

<It's your fault,> Yami said lazily. <You shouldn't have provoked me. > Yugi didn't answer. He was too busy looking at a strange couple sitting at a café table, who seemed to be staring back at him. One was a beautiful, dark lady, who had flowing white hair. She wore a suit consisting of `earthy' tones; brown, dark green and purple. The other was a surly, middle age man with a `don't mess with me or I'll rip your tongue out of your head and make you enjoy it' expression. Personally, Yugi completely agreed.

<Looks like Bakura has competition. > Yami said seriously.

<Looks like Ryou has competition with the hair. > Yugi countered, glancing at the African woman.

<Yugi! Stop staring! >

***

"Dammit," Logan muttered under his breath. He HATED hot weather. It made his nose all dry and decreased his senses. And standing in an overcrowded airport was not helping. "Dammit," he repeated. "Dammit, dammit, dammit…"

"Logan," Ororo cut him off sharply. "You and your unneeded swearing is not going to bring any good out of this situation. The least you can do is look friendly and try not to scare anyone away." Logan scowled and took a swig of his beer and placed the bottle back down on the table with a satisfying bang.

"Fine then. How are we going to find the kid anyway? Chuck didn't even give me the name." Ororo smiled. Charles had kept the new student's identity a secret. Ororo didn't know why. But the only person who knew aside from the professor was herself.

But what Ororo didn't know was how much of an impact it would cause on Logan when he found out.

"So its that cards guy coming to stay, huh." Logan looked mildly impressed, a big step for someone who hadn't even met the Canadian. Ororo looked at him questioningly.

"Cards guy?" Logan simply sat back in his chair and smirked, folding his arms.

"Lets just say that Spyke, the Furball and Cyclops are gonna have a field day when they find out." Ororo shook her head.

"With you, it's never a straight answer," she smiled. Logan smirked even more and cast his gaze over the new crowd of Japanese tourists. He caught sight of a teen with the bizarre hair he remembered seeing on the interview several days ago. That must be him. He thought, telling Ororo that he`s found the student. Logan was about to get up and collect him when Storm stopped him.

"Lets see whether he does anything strange first." Logan agreed and sat back down.

They watched him carefully. He seemed to have a vacant look on his face. Was he…daydreaming? But his head jerked sharply and looked up with a surprised expression on his face. What he was looking at exactly, the two mutants couldn't find. The kid's eyes widened and he moved forward, as if to catch something, but then fell over for an unknown reason.

"Well whatever he's doing, it's very strange," Ororo mused aloud, amusement ringing in her voice. But even stranger, the kid laughed, said something in Japanese and grasped the air in front of him. Unfortunately, a crowd of people moved in the way, blocking the kid from sight. If the two mutants had been able to see, they would have witnessed Yugi being pulled up by some unseen force. That may have caused some awkward questions. The crowd passed and they saw him with several bags next to him. Some looked quite heavy.

Damn, how did the kid manage to get those off the belt? Logan wondered. He didn't look the athletic type, in fact, quite the opposite. While the Canadian was busy lost in his thoughts, Ororo happened to notice the their target was now staring back at them.

"Logan, he's caught sight of us," she muttered. Logan snapped up from his musing and glanced at the kid. True, the large violet orbs were now turned in their direction. Logan sighed.

"Well, we better get this over and done with." He stood up and left the café table, leaving the weather witch there. He headed towards the lost looking kid and stopped about a metre away from him. Logan studied the student. He still had the same punky image he had shown on TV, sleeveless black shirt, leather pants and a denim jacket loosely hanging off his shoulders. Not to mention the numerous amount of leather wristbands, adorning his arms and a studded leather collar at his neck. To top it off, a large, gold pyramid pendant hung at his chest. Logan raised an eyebrow. He wouldn't be surprised if the kid had a tongue piercing.

***

<Um, Yami. I think they've spotted us. >

<Oh dear. > said Yami, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

<YAMI! This is no time to be sceptical. We need to get out of here… I don't like the look that they're giving me. >

<Maybe they're the ones from the Institute. >

<Or maybe not. > Yugi countered.

Logan didn't like that the glazed look in his eyes; the kid didn't even seem to acknowledge his presence.

"Ahem," Logan coughed loudly. The startled kid blinked several times and looked up. Logan looked down at him disapprovingly. //You Motou Yugi? // He asked in Japanese, trying to put a friendly edge to his voice. He nodded, relieved that Logan could speak his native tongue, but disappointed that he didn't have a chance at showing that he could speak their language. Logan grunted, picked up the luggage with ease, said, //Follow me.// and led him back to Ororo. Yugi had to jog a little to keep up with the man. Ororo stood at their arrival and held out her hand in greeting. Yugi shook her hand hesitantly.

//Do you have everything with you, Motou? // She asked politely. Yugi relaxed a little and answered back in English.

"Motou is my family name, just call me Yugi. The…um…man over there has all my stuff." Yugi blushed at having to address Logan in such a crude way. The X-Man thought nothing of it. Ororo gathered up her things and indicated with a flick of her head.

"Come on, the jeep is this way." Yugi followed silently, busy talking with Yami through their link.

<They seem like nice people. > Yami said. <But I don't like the man. He gave you a weird look. >

<Don't worry Yami. I'm sure they mean no harm. Now keep quiet. I'll see you in my soul room in a minute. The woman is talking to me. > Indeed, Ororo had been talking to Yugi about the Institute and noted how he seemed to be zoning off. But she was relived when he came back and looked at her in the eye and asked her about the students. At least they now knew he was capable of making conversation.

"Well kid, this is the jeep." Logan said, throwing the bags in the bag. "Why do you have so many bags anyway?" he asked, raising his eyebrows. Yugi looked down at his feet, embarrassed.

"Well, one is filled with presents from my friends and family, but the rest is food and clothes." Ororo smiled.

"Can't live without your food?" Ororo said smiling. Yugi laughed. It was the first time he had done so once he had left Japan.

"I've tried the Japanese food here," he replied, pulling a face. "Not the best."

"Well, you better start getting ready to eat with knives and forks here, kid. Now head inside." Yugi clambered inside the jeep and closed his eyes.

"Um, Logan-san, you don't mind if I take a short nap in here?" Yugi didn't want to get caught zoning off again, so he'll just cover up by being asleep. Logan shrugged.

"Sure, kid. And what's with the san thing at the end of my name?" Yugi didn't answer. He had already opened up the link and was now sitting in his toy cluttered soul room. He lay down on the bed, waiting for Yami to come. And sure enough, two seconds later, he heard a knock on his door and Yami slipped in.

"So, are you comfortable with those two?" asked Yami in concern. "What were the names again?" Yugi furrowed his brows.

"Um, Logan-san and um…I think it was Ororo-san." Yami let out a small bark of laughter.

"Funny names," he sniggered. Yugi glared at him. Or, tried to. It's quite hard to be intimidating when one has Yugi's innocent looks. Yami's laughter threatened to spill again.

"Oh, shush Yami," Yugi said, sulkily. Yami sniggered one last time quietened down. A thought hit Yami and he grinned evilly. Yugi did not like that look on his dark side's face. "Yami, what are you doing?" he asked nervously. Yami smiled and crawled over to Yugi.

"How long do we need to stay in America?" he said softly, sitting very close to the smaller boy. He could see his aibou tense up. Yami smirked. "Because," he purred in Yugi's ear. "I don't want to be stuck in the puzzle for a long time. Or have to walk around just as a spirit." Yugi knew what Yami was trying to do but Yugi had to be cautious. If he started moaning now, the two adults in the car might think that something weird was going on.

"YAMI. Um, I think that we're at the Institute." Indeed they were and Yami sat back, discouraged.

"Damn Hikari," he huffed. Yugi grinned apologetically and returned to where he was in the jeep. Yami appeared in spirit and sat next to Yugi, feet up on the back of Logan's seat.

***

While Yugi was `taking a nap', the two mutants were talking about their new student.

"Logan do you think that he's a mutant?" Ororo asked, glancing back at their `sleeping' passenger.

"Well, his behaviour was a bit strange. I dunno. We'll tell Chuck about it when we get back.

"Does he know anything about the bo-" Ororo cut off as she saw that Yugi was stirring. He opened his eyes in a completely un-just-woken-up matter. In fact it seemed that he had been awake the whole time. Ororo grew worried that he may have heard the whole conversation. If he did, he didn't ask any questions to the weather witch's relief. The rest of the car ride was uneventful, aside from when Yami decided to poke Logan in the back over and over again. When the X-man turned around, Yugi was sitting on the far side (i.e. behind Ororo), staring out the window. Logan just grumbled and concentrated on driving.

***

Sorry that took so long! I have to work on my other fics, Blocked out and Pranking.