Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yami Bakura's Crush ❯ The Kidnapping ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh, nor do I own any of the characters. Please review this fanfic. If I get good reviews I'll post up chapter 2!

Yami Bakura's Crush: The Kidnapping

Beep, beep, beep sounded Téa's alarm clock at 5:30 on a Monday morning. Téa threw off her blankets, jumped out of bed, and turned off the annoying beeping of her alarm clock, all while moaning loudly. Today would be another boring day of school, with the exception of being with her friends Yugi, Joey, Tristan and Bakura.

"Oh, it shouldn't be too boring today," thought Téa out loud as she grabbed a towel out of the bathroom closet. "I get to pound Joey again at duel monsters."

Téa took a shower and changed into her school uniform. She started to brush her teeth when a knock came on the bathroom door.

"Téa, Joey's on the phone for you," said Téa's mom sleepily leaning on the door.

"What does he want?" asked Téa as she spit out toothpaste and opened the door.

"No idea," said Téa's mom handing her the phone. "Why don't you ask him yourself?"

"Hey Joey," said Téa into the phone as she watched her mom flip on the TV.

"I just want to remind you to bring your deck." said Joey. "I'm looking forward to creaming you at lunch."

"Is that so Joseph Wheeler?" said Téa. "May I remind you that your dueling stats with me are 0 wins, 5 losses."

"I going to beat you this time," responded Joey to Téa's remark. "You'll see, I'll come through."

"Well, I have to go now," said Téa hastily as she saw the news come on the TV. "I'll see you at school, bye-bye!"

Téa hung up the phone and sat on the couch in the living room. Dan the weatherman showed up on the screen. "There is a high humidity today folks," said the happy weatherman as he beamed across the TV screen. "And there is a chance of thunderstorms around noon, so be aware!" Suddenly, another screen popped up and read 'Business News.' This time a woman was talking as pictures showed up on the screen. "Kaiba Corporation has just announced that they are working on a new hologram device. All that Mr. Seto Kaiba will tell us is that everyone will be blown away by his new invention. Now let's go back to Dan and the 5 day weather forecast." Then, the TV blinked off. Téa looked up and saw her mom with the remote.

"It's time to go couch potato," said Mrs. Gardner grabbing Téa's bookbag and handing it to her. "It's 6:30 and it takes you 30 minutes if you plan to walk with your friends."

"Ok, I'm going," said Téa leaving out the door. The morning was bright in the cool air and the frost on the ground. Téa had walked about one block until Joey and Yugi ran up from behind and Téa didn't notice.

"Boo!" screamed Joey from behind Téa with a satisfied smirk on his face.

"Eek!" yelled Téa in surprise as she almost fell over.

"You're funny," laughed Joey. "I get you every time!"

"That is pretty funny," laughed Yugi. "You are so gullible."

"You guys are mean," said Téa with a puppy-dog face as they continued to walk. "Just wait until I get you two back."

As they walked on to school, Tristan and Bakura joined them. They were only a block away from Domino High School, when someone stepped out of the shadows, it was Seto Kaiba.

"Hi Yugi," he said in his dark malicious voice. "Has your Grandpa recovered from his Blue Eyes yet?"

"Let me at 'em," said Joey as Tristan and Bakura held him back.

"Don't even bother with him, Yugi," said Téa ignoring Seto and walking on. "He doesn't cause anything, but trouble."

"Yeah," said Yugi giving Seto the evil eye and walking on with Téa. "Come on Joey. Come on guys."

The group left Kaiba there sputtering in his own nonsense as they walked the final block, went into the school building, and got their books from their lockers.

Téa walked down the hall, with her books in hand, to Mr. Bias's homeroom class. She walked in the classroom, said "Hi" to Mr. Bias and sat in her assigned seat. Bakura sat behind Téa, Yugi sat across the room, and Joey and Tristan sat in the far back.

Mr. Bias seemed to be in a good mood, "Hello class!" he said in a cheerful voice. "Please get a book out to read for 15 minutes."

Most of the students didn't seem to notice, and they kept on talking, ignoring Mr. Bias. Téa turned around and asked Bakura, "Do you think that this is right, to not listen to him?"

"It's the only way we could think of to protest homework..." said Bakura answering Téa's question.

"I know, but it really puts Mr. Bias in the dumps," exasperated Téa watching Mr. Bias frown at his homeroom.

The rest of homeroom, math, and history were spent with teachers furious and concerned. Then lunch came, and it was an enormous relief for Téa.

She had forgotten her lunch in her locker, so she stayed behind to get it. Téa also reminded herself that she was going to duel Joey and got her deck out of the front pocket of her book bag. She slammed shut her locker, that echoed down the hall, and continued to the cafeteria.

Then, a strong hand grabbed her around the middle and another hand wrapped over her mouth. "Mmmff," Téa tried to scream as she was dragged outside the big double doors of the school. The person then let go of her middle, but kept a tight hold on her wrist. Téa turned around and was shocked at who her captor was. Bakura was standing next to Téa with a still firm grip on her wrist. He had an evil grin on his face, but it was mixed up with determination. He wasn't himself and she noticed this.

"Bakura...Your Millennium Ring." Téa gasped looking at Bakura with a frightful face.

"I'm not Bakura," said Bakura's body as he drug Téa kicking and screaming away from the school. "He is no longer here."

"Well, whoever you are, let go of me!" screamed Téa squirming in his arms. "I said let go!"

"Let's go on a little trip," said the tomb-robber. "To Bakura's house."