Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yu-gi-oh, Pepperspray ❯ Chapter nine ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yu-gi-oh, Pepperspray.
Chapter 9.
 
A few days later Yugi, Tea, Joey and Tristan were hanging out in the trading card game shop.
“So where is Yami anyway?” Tristan asked, looking around.
“I don't know. He went out…” Yugi muttered.
“Again? Yami never used to leave the house that much before…” Joey commented.
“Yeah. He has been acting a bit odd lately. Getting thrown into jail, being mean to the customers, streaking…” Yugi pondered.
“Streaking?” Tea repeated with a strange look in her eyes.
“Yes… it's odd. He's acting almost like… almost like…”
“Bakura!” Yugi, Tea and Tristan shouted in unison.
“Eh?” Joey asked with a confused look on his face, meaning his brain capacities were incredibly slow that day.
 
The gang soon arrived at Bakura's house, and Joey started to ring the doorbell like crazy. There was an annoyed shout from inside the house, and after a few seconds, Bakura opened the door. He was wearing a construction helmet and a look of surprise.
“Ehm… Hello mortals… Listen, I can't chitchat for long. The kitchen is almost done but I still need to-” the tombrobber began, but Yugi cut him off.
“What did you do to my yami?!” the kid shouted.
“Excuse me?”
“We know you have something to do with it! Spill!” Joey commanded.
“I have no idea what you are talking about. I shall now slam the door in your faces.” Bakura growled, but before he could do so the gang had already slid into the hallway.
“We aint leaving until you talk!” Joey threatened.
“Ooooh, I'm shakin', I'm shakin'!” Bakura said sarcastically.
“Very well. Go for it Yugi!” Tristan said. Yugi nodded and stepped right in front of Bakura, looking up at him. There was a small silence.
“Is this supposed to scare me?” the tombrobber asked. But as he did, Yugi's eyes grew bigger. And bigger… Until they were the size of cute puppy eyes. The kind nobody can resist.
“Aaaargh! Ra, get it away!” Bakura screamed, stepping back.
“Ready to talk now?” Joey asked, as Yugi stepped towards the tombrobber without looking away.
“N-no! No shrubberies here!” Bakura stuttered, cowering against a wall.
“He ain't talking… Time for drastic measures.” Tristan decided. Yugi's eyes grew back to normal and he stepped back again.
“Nothing in the world can make me talk!” Bakura shouted.
“Oh, we beg to differ. Tea, if you please…” Joey said, pushing the brown-haired girl forward, before distributing earplugs to Yugi and Tristan. The three boys quickly plugged them in and gave Tea the thumbs-up. Tea nodded and turned to Bakura.
“Bakura, you have to talk because we are friends! Best friends, you and I! And friends do stuff for each other, because that's what friends are for!” Tea began, causing Bakura to flinch violently. “Friendship is the most important thing in the world. And without friendship, we would fail in everything we do. Yami is our friend too, and we want to save him. So you, as our friend, have to help us!” Bakura fell the ground screaming, but Tea did not stop. Oh no.
“And if you're not our friend, then who is? Certainly the world will not be safe if you're not one of our friends. Malik is our friend too. And so is Pegasus. Though he strongly denies it, but that is just because he loves us so much. Oh yes, friendship is a mighty thing. Because we are bound together by friendship and…” Tea ranted on, as Bakura was cowering in a corner sucking his thumb. Joey held up his hand to silence Tea. “Friends friends friends!” she finished.
“So Bakura, ready to talk?” Yugi asked, as they removed their earplugs.
“F-fine! As long as you shut her up! The horror! The horror!” Bakura stuttered. Joey and Tristan high-fived.
“What did you do with Yami?” Yugi asked again.
“I transferred a part of myself inside him. That part took over his body, causing him to play mean pranks on you all, while I had time to rebuild the kitchen before Ryou gets home.” The tombrobber replied.
“Then remove that… that… Bakura parasite at once!” Yugi shouted.
“I can't. I'm a stubborn guy, and I doubt I would leave voluntarily.” Bakura shrugged, and everyone blinked. “Besides, Yami isn't here right now, is he?”
“Do you know where he went?” Joey asked.
“Myeah. He was going over to Kaiba corps to surprise Kaiba at work.” The tombrobber shrugged again. Yugi's eye twitched.
“We have to go there and save Yami!” Joey decided.
“Well duh! And you're coming with us.” Yugi said, turning to Bakura.
“What? Why? I have to hurry and finish the new kitchen. Ryou will be home tomorrow.” The tombrobber said.
“You have to come Bakura, because you are our friend! And with the power of friendship, we will free Yami from your curse. Friends are-” Tea began.
“Alright! Alright! I'm coming! Sheesh!” Bakura shouted, getting to his feet.