Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yugi's Little Secrets ❯ Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon Previews ( Chapter 34 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: Okay, now for those previews.

DS: That's plural.

Wingzero: I have a few clips that I want to show. Besides it makes things very interesting.

SilNekomon: Whatever you say, mistress. *goes back to batting a piece of string* Purr.

EbonyNekomon: --U Simple minds, simple pleasures.

Wingzero: *rolls a ball of yarn past EbonyNekomon*

EbonyNekomon: *goes chasing after the ball of yarn*

Wingzero: -.-UU Looks who's talking now?

*********Bladebreaker's Apartment*********

A loud voice came booming throughout our nice and used to be quiet apartment. I groaned at the thought of Kai, trying to wake up Tyson. It was a wonder why Max didn't become deaf, because those two often slept in the bed together. No, don't even go there. Tyson and Max had merely innocent love. As for Kai, he was very questionable. I never tried to pry into his love life, for the fear of losing one of my limbs.

I picked myself out of bead and headed towards the bathroom. There was no way I was getting more sleep that morning. The others knew to stay out of my way, especially when I was cranky. A cranky neko was very dangerous to your health. This morning I was certainly cranky.

Let me elaborate. Last night, I had this strange dream dealing with a mysterious browned haired man. He had blue eyes like Tyson and Max but they were darker and full of sorrow. It was if he had lost someone important to him. In the distance, I saw two people with similar hair styles. The taller of the two had slanted, crimson eyes, which reminded me of a certain cold team mate of mine. The other one had innocent violet eyes that shimmered with innocence. Of course, I noted they were different in the way they carried themselves, but I was going off the topic there.

The smaller of the two apologized to the brunette who seemed to be crushed. A bit later on, he accepted that the two were something he could not achieve. I wondered what he meant by that. Two more pairs of twins appeared out of the blue. Did I forget to mention the tri-color haired boys had golden pyramids, hung upside down on their necklaces? The two white haired teens wore a ring with dagger like trinkets around it. The blonde twins both had a stick or a golden rod in their hands. I swore those two came from Egypt.

"One of these days!" Kai fumed inside our shared bedroom. No, we didn't sleep in the same bed. We had two twin sized mattresses. Of course, I ended up with the top bunk, because Kai could care less where he slept. Being a neko-jin does have its perks at times.

"What's the matter Kai?" I had finished my business inside the bathroom and currently was washing my hands.

"Tyson, that's who," the two shade haired teen screamed in frustration. We all knew he, for some odd reason, couldn't get mad at Max, but then again, the blonde wasn't causing him to become so angry.

"I take it Tyson didn't feel like cooperating this morning and decided to sleep in when he should be out training?" I placed all the pieces together, hoping that I will survive in one piece.

"Which by the way, you should be getting ready for," Kai looked at me accusingly.

"I am, sheesh," I sighed in exasperation. I had changed into my usual clothing and headed out of the room. Seriously, I wasn't in the mood to deal with an irritated and crankier than usual Kai. Maybe I should pay a visit to Tyson's and Max's room to make sure they were up. Wouldn't want to receive any more additional training due to their laziness?

It was then the two mentioned boys, stumbled out of their shared rooms. They apparently dressed very hastily, because Max's shirt wasn't tucked in all the way and Tyson's clothing needed to be ironed out. Speaking of which, where was Kenny in all this commotion?

"How do you survive sharing the same room as the sour puss?" Tyson asked, well, more like yawned the question.

"I don't get on his nerves," I chuckled nervously. "You two ought to think about investing in an alarm clock. It will save Kai the aggravation of having to wake you up. Besides, it will most likely be in your favor, which results in less severe training."

"You know that isn't a bad idea," Max chirped. His bright blue eyes shined with life and excitement.

Tyson groaned at the thought. "Did you have to put that into his head?"

"Of course!" I chuckled darkly and smirked at him, causing him to jump back in fright. "What's wrong, Tyson?"

"Man you had me scared there for a second," Tyson laughed nervously, while scratching the back of his head, below his cap. "I thought Kai had taken over your body or something."

"Don't you mean possessed?" Kenny's soft voice reached our ears.

"Yeah," Tyson agreed to our team's technician.

"We'd better be going before Kai finds us loitering in the hallway, and I don't want to end up with extra training," I sighed. The others nodded their heads. One time, we ended up running twice the distance.

**********Entering A New World**********

The last thing I remembered was battling the others. We were going at each other in a free for all match when suddenly everything turned white and then black. The next thing I knew I was face first on the pavement. The next thought that came into my mind was locating my bit beast. I panicked for a few moments as I searched for the white tiger. Just as I was about to give up, I found him, nestled between large rocks.

Speaking of which, where was I? I don't remember being in this part of town while I was training with my team mates. Could it possibly be I was thrown into a different time, dimension, place, or both? I decided to venture forth and ask nice people. Hopefully, they wouldn't consider me to be insane or something like that.

A newspaper clipping caught my eye. It had the same person from my dream, last night. The tri-color haired boy was holding up a trophy as well as the prize for winning a duel monsters tournament. Just exactly what were duel monsters? I'll have to find out when I have the time to. I read the caption underneath it. So his name was Yugi. Well, that sure narrowed it down to a lot. The date was pretty much the same, except that it was tomorrow's date.

I then noticed a game shop. It wasn't one of those franchise stores. An elderly man swept the floor in front of it while someone else manned the counter inside the store. I walked up to the store with the old man, giving me a few stares as well as confused looks. What was up with him? Hadn't he seen a neko-jin before?

"Hello, how may I help you?" the innocent violet eyed boy behind the tall counter.

"I was wondering where I am," I said, completely nervous. He might think of me as a lunatic and call for those nice men who worked in a nice white place.

"You're in Domino City," he answered the question without any second thoughts to it or as to why I would be asking such a question. "You must be lost or new around here."

"Yes, I am very lost," I wanted to hang my head. "I was wondering if you know anything about beyblading?"

"What's that?"

Needless to say, I nearly fell over from shock. "Never mind." So that must mean I was in a different dimension or universe, not good.

"Do you have a name?"

"I'm called Rei Kon," I replied with a forced smile. Hey, I didn't have anywhere to go and I don't know anyone yet.

"I'm Yugi," he chirped before noticing something was definitely wrong with me. "Are you okay there? You seem awfully quiet."

"I'm okay," I lied through my teeth. He gave me those cursed puppy dog eyes. "I ended up in a different dimension, I have no one to turn to, and I do not have any cash on me."

"You can stay with us," Yugi offered politely.

Not wanting to intrude on them, I politely declined, but Yugi insisted. He and his friends were heading up toward some cabins. His grandfather will need the extra help around the shop while they were gone. Rei thought it was too convenient they had a job opening available as well as the shorter of the two becoming too trusting towards him.

**********First Impressions**********

Solomon or `Grandfather' had me bringing heavy boxes from the back into the front of the store. We sold out on the latest booster packs and needed to restock the shelf. I had not taken a few steps when my sensitive hearing detected the approach of quite a few people. One of which I knew was my employer's grandson. He was in a heated argument with a tall brunette.

From the instant I saw him, my mind turned to my cold team captain. I wondered what my team mates were doing now that I had disappeared. Deciding not to get into an argument that didn't involve me, I hurried up unpacking the latest shipment of puzzles.

"Who's the hired flunky?" The brunette asked when he finally acknowledged my presence.

I turned myself to face him and stared him directly in the eye with my golden ones. My pupils became slits as I bared my fangs at him. I hissed much like a cat. I don't know what was funny, him being shocked out of his mind, or him being scared I was going to rip out his throat.

"Vampire!" A blonde shouted from behind him.

"Joey, give it a rest," Yami grumbled. He was carrying in their suitcases. "He's only a neko-jin. I doubt any vampire will risk being burned just to earn a few extra bucks."

"Oh right Yami, I knew that," Joey grinned sheepishly, while scratching the back of his head. "So what's your name?"

I guess the blonde was okay by my books. He was a mix between Tyson and Max. "Rei Kon."

"You're not from around here."

"Is it that obvious?" I teased him. "I'm from China."

"Cool," Joey gave me a smile. "Anyways, I swung by to see how your vacation was."

"It went well," Yugi emerged from the front door. "We had so much fun that we didn't want to leave, but Seto insisted we do."

"You can't leave your work for long." Joey snickered. "I guess you're tired from the long trip back." He received two nods from the `twins' and one grunt from the tallest person in the shop. With that, he departed from the area.

"You sure know how to make a first impression," Yami teased the person called Seto.

"Knock it off baka no pharaoh," Seto huffed. He turned around to leave when he saw I had resumed placing the puzzles on the shelves. "You're something different."

Thank you Captain Obvious.

"Kaiba, I don't have time for you to mess around with my hired help," Solomon barged into our `conversation.'

Good for him. I don't think I could put up with him for much longer. Perhaps, my employer can kick him out. It was only a thought.

"Well then, I'll have to come back when you're off." Seto had a smug smile on before exiting the store. I wish I could smack that smile off his face. He reminded me too much of `the great' Kai Hiwatari. Blast them both.

********End of Previews*********

Wingzero: Hope you like the previews. The sequel will be called "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon." And no it will have nothing to do with the movie. I happen to like the title and it has something to do with the two main chars. Oh be warned, this is shounen ai.

DS: What do you mean by that?

Wingzero: Duh! Rei is the owner of a white tiger bit beast and Seto owns three Blue Eyes White Dragons. You do the math.

DS: Oh.

Wingzero: A little slow on the uptake, aren't we?