Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yugi's Little Secrets ❯ Too Many Secrets ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: Now for the disclaimers. *shudders at the thought* Well anyways, this is my first romance/against fic so please go easy on me.

Yami: Why do I have to do the disclaimers? What about Mokuba?

Wingzero: He's too young for this.

Yami: *sighs* Fine. Wingzero doesn't own Yu-Gi-Oh and never will. Thank Ra.

Wingzero: How dare you! *runs after Yami wielding a flame thrower*

Yami: *runs for his life*

Wingzero: MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yami: AIIIIIBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!! HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPP MMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Yugi: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^

One warm sunny afternoon, the gang decided to hold a picnic at the park. At first I didn't want to go, but Yami insisted that I get out more often. Sighing, it's going to be one of those days.

Ever felt like a third wheel? That's how I feel ever since Yami and Tea started dating. I know I should be happy for them, but deep down I don't. I loved Yami with all my heart, though he thought I was head over heels for Tea. Assuring him that I was over that phase, I told him to go for it. I only liked her as a friend and nothing more. Tea had a major crush on Yami so she made the first move.

Still, I wanted Yami to feel that way about me. I watched as they goofed around and flirted with each other. Maybe I'm being selfish. I did have my chance and I blew it big time. Whenever I tried to tell him, I put it off until tomorrow and kept on doing it. It still hurts; however, if Yami's happy, then so am I.

Even though Yami was dating Tea, he still found time to hang with me. After all I'm his aibou and he is my yami. We are one in the same. I relished the time we spent alone even though I knew nothing could ever happen between us. However, I find it highly irritating when he keeps mentioning her.

Sometimes I'm too nice for my own good. My friends keep telling me that. I placed others ahead of me. Yami told me people will use me as a door mat. He also encouraged me to think about myself sometimes. If he only knew, what I was going through.

Secrets. That's what stood between us. I knew he kept to himself his history, but lately he has started to open up. Tea helped him with that. I too have secrets that even Yami didn't know. When I was born, I was born different. Instead of being completely boy or girl, I was both though I looked more like a boy. Darn these raging female hormones.

Sitting by myself I watched the others play with their respective partners. After meeting Serenity, Tristan started going out with her, but not after getting approval from her brother and his best friends. We wanted Serenity to feel part of the group so we invited her to our many outings, which she accepted. I guess she wanted to be with Tristan as much as possible. Joey was dating Mai. I wondered how they hooked up. Seeing them together makes me happy. Joey finally has someone to be with. Ryou and his yami were spending time together. No they weren't dating. Ryou wanted to get to know his yami better now that he wasn't getting beaten up.

Again I felt like the odd one out. Everybody had somebody to be with except me. Perhaps it's these secrets I've been keeping. Every now and then I wondered if I should tell Yami about my condition and my love. Each time, I chickened out. I was afraid of how he will react and I didn't want to break up the couple, despite my love for him.

My presence was not welcomed here anymore. They wouldn't notice if I left, would they? Most likely not, they were so wrapped up in each other. Debating whether to leave, I finally decided to go back home and help Grandpa.

Packing my belongings, I almost started crying. I held back the tears forming in my eyes. Why did everyone have to leave me out? Even my yami, he spent more time with her than me. Would they notice I'm gone? Of course not.

As soon as I was packed, I left the park in a hurry. I didn't care if they yelled for me to come back, which they didn't. I ran down the sidewalk not caring who I bumped along the way. Suddenly I ran into my dark side's rival, Seto Kaiba.

"Watch it," he snapped before realizing who I was. "Hi Yugi. What's wrong?" His voice filled with concern as he watched me.

"Nothing's wrong," I stuttered choking on my tears. "Everything's fine. Thank you for your concern. I promised Grandpa I'd help him."

"Sure," Seto said uncertainly. "If you ever need to talk, I'm here."

"Thanks," I said before rushing back home.

I slammed the door to the shop. Grandpa leapt up in surprise. Placing his hand over his heart, he took deep breaths. "Yugi, what's wrong?" he asked coming to comfort me.

"I can't be with the person I love," I sobbed into his shoulder.

"Why don't you tell her?" Grandpa suggested thinking that I still had a crush on Tea.

"He already has a girlfriend," I cried. Tears poured down my cheeks soaking my Grandpa's shirt.

Trying to comfort me as best as he can, he listened to me as I poured my heart out. "I'm afraid of telling him, because he has a girlfriend and also I don't know how he's going to react to my secret. I can't go up to him and say that I'm half boy-half girl."

"If he truly loves you, he would understand," Grandpa assured me. "As for the girlfriend, I don't know what to say. Who is your crush?"

"Yami," I whispered quietly.

A moment of realization passed through Grandpa's mind. He didn't see that one coming. "I understand, but still you should tell him. The more secrets you keep between the two of you the more distant he will become."

"I don't want to ruin his relationship with Tea, no matter how much I love him," I argued. I didn't want to tell him my secrets for fear of ruining our relationship.

"Of course," Grandpa understood. "You don't have to tell him you love him. Tell him about your condition."

My eyes widened with surprise. "But what if he rejects me?"

"Then he doesn't deserve to be your yami," Grandpa stated. "You place others ahead of yourself. Sometimes you sacrifice your own happiness for the sake of your friends. If he doesn't see that, then he does deserve you."

I smiled at my Grandpa's words. He always knew how to cheer me up. Before I met the gang, I came crying to him about the bullies beating me up or doing something horrible. Grandpa waited patiently for me to tell my story and comforted me.

"Thank you Grandpa," I said hugging him.

He wiped the tears from my face. "You should rest."

I nodded my head. I couldn't argue there. Trooping back upstairs, I wanted to cry, except I had used up all my tears. In my room, I flopped down on my bed.

My duel monster deck stood on my desk. I picked it up to look through it, then I placed it back down just as quickly. No, it reminded me too much of Yami. He was the king of games and this was the reason why he held that name. I didn't want to think about Yami, not for the time being or until I get my feelings sorted out.

Instead I decided to turn on my computer and go online. We recently had dsl installed so that I could surf the net without tying up the phone lines. Also Grandpa had been using it too, after I had taught him how to use a computer. It allowed him to order games and puzzles direct from the manufacturer faster. I helped him set up a website for his game shop. So far, we received more customers each day.

While surfing the net, the gang arrived at my house. I heard them enter my room and I also had felt Yami's presence.

"We were looking all over for you," Yami said to me. He didn't realize I had been gone for quite a long time. "Why did you leave?"

"I got bored," I lied. "So I decided to come back home. Besides you guys were wrapped up in each other, I didn't think you would mind."

Not taking my eyes off the screen, I wondered what their reactions would be. That is if they had any.

"I guess we kinda overlooked you, sorry," Joey apologized.

"Aibou, I'm also sorry for ignoring you," Yami too apologized. Something inside of me snapped. He called me his aibou, yet he doesn't treat me like one. I wished he was more like Yami Bakura. He pays more attention to his light than mine did. Forcing myself to stay calm, I turned to face them.

"It's okay," I assured them. "I'm already used to it by now." Then I returned my attention back to the screen.

Waves of sorrow crashed through the room. I felt Yami's sorrow and grief. He was just as sad as I was, but I was more miserable than him. "It's no excuse."

"Yami's right," Tristan agreed. "From now on, we'll pay more attention to you. I promise." And hell will freeze over. I imagine Satan with a winter coat while little devils ice skating, having snow fights, and stomping on snow angels.

"Yugi," Tea began. "We won't leave you out. I'm sorry for ignoring you."

The rest of the group apologized. I just shook them off saying that I didn't mind. In reality, I did mind. They were supposed to be my friends.

Later that night, I was reading a book. It was about this kid, who doesn't get pick by the other masters. Then out of nowhere a magician takes him to be his apprentice. The kid doesn't seem to be great at magic. He was accepted into the duke's court as a squire for saving the duke's daughter. She has a major crush on him. I finished reading that part.

"Aibou?"

"Yes Yami," I answered not taking my eyes of the book.

He gently pushed down the book. "I want to make it up to you."

"How?" I asked now amused at that thought. It would take him forever to accomplish that. I decided to play along.

"Tomorrow, just you and me," he answered.

"And no talking about Tea?" I blinked with disbelief. Every time we had quality time, he would talk about her.

Nodding his head, he agreed. "It will be just you and me. I won't even mention her name." He knew he has been spending more time with her lately and when he wasn't he was constantly talking about her.

"Could we go to the beach?" I asked Yami, with my cute puppy dog eyes.

"Ack, how could I not say no when you have that face," Yami smiled. "We will go to the beach." He shook his head.

It actually worked. "And after that, there's a carnival in town. Can we go please?"

"Again with the puppy dog eyes," Yami laughed. "Sure. You know you're too cute for your own good." He pounced on me while tickling me.

I burst out laughing. For the next few moments, I completely forgot my pain and trouble. I enjoyed spending time with my yami. "I give, I give," I tried to say while laughing hard.

Yami had mercy on me and stopped. He picked up the book I had dropped and returned it to my desk. "You need your sleep. We have a long day ahead of us."

"Yes, dad," I teased.

He threw a pillow at my head. I pulled it away from my face and gave him a raspberry. Yami doubled in laugher. "Sometimes, I don't know what to do with you."

Smiling at that comment, I laid back in my bed. I closed my eyes and said good night. Trying to fall asleep, I wondered if I should tell him. What if he never wants to speak to me again? We were planning on spending quality time together tomorrow. What if he calls that off? What if he hates me for keeping it a secret? Then I remembered what Grandpa told me earlier. If Yami doesn't accept me for who I am, then maybe he doesn't deserve me.

"Yami," I spoke up. A soft glow shined through the room as Yami stepped out of the pyramid. He had gone inside earlier.

"What is it, Aibou?"

"I have been keeping a secret from you," I said sitting up.

"A secret?" Yami repeated with disbelief in his voice.

"I'm half boy-half girl."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^

Wingzero: *cries* This is the most depressing chapter I've ever written.

Ryou: *comforts Wingzero*

Yugi: How could you make me half boy-half girl?

Wingzero: *composes herself* My fic was not going to be yaoi, so I had to improvise.

Yugi: O.o

Yami: Am I?

Wingzero: Only Yugi.

Yami: *collapses on the floor with relief* Yes!

Tea: I'm so happy we're dating. *dances around*

Yugi: *mutters something incoherently and storms off stage*

Tea: What happened to him?

Wingzero: You did.

Tea: Hey!

Wingzero: *pulls rope attached to a twenty ton anvil which falls on Tea*

Everyone except Yami: *cheers Wingzero on*

Mai: How will Yami react to Yugi's confession? Will he cancel their quality time together? What will the gang think when he reveals his secret to them? Will Yugi ever confess his love to Yami? Stay tuned to find out.