Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yugivania 2 ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Yugivania 2
By Sakura (L-sama no Miko)
 
Chapter 2
 
The next hundred years were sheer hell for Yugi. Dartz continued to abuse the smaller kyuuketsuki and as a result Yugi became withdrawn, speaking only when his master commanded him to. He was also emaciated, due to the fact that the pale haired monster was not above starving the little one as a punishment for disobedience, which had been often, nor was he above starving him for no reason at all other than to keep the apparently stronger fledgling weak enough so he wouldn’t try to run off on his own.
However, there had been good points to staying with Dartz. He was safe, no mortals destroying their home to worry about for years at a time. He was fed, though only enough to keep him alive but still Dartz had been kind enough to provide for him. And the most important to him, he wasn’t alone. The thought of having to spend the rest of his immortal life without his beloved sire and their lover terrified him to no end. Dartz provided the companionship he desperately needed to fight the fear. That was why in all those years he had never once attempted to escape. Why should he? His ‘family’ was gone, turned to ashes and dust in a single night.
The two kyuuketsuki were now living in another abandoned castle in a country known as Hungary after traveling through Asia and Eastern Europe for a few years.
“It seems our dear neighbor has invited us to another of her parties, little one,” Dartz said reading the gaudy invitation one of their newly acquired servants had brought.
Yugi nodded, silently grateful. A party meant that Dartz wouldn’t be so cruel. They’d have to keep up the appearance of a loving master and fledgling or run the risk of another of their kind fighting him for Yugi. “Well, little gem, shall we get ready for tomorrow?” Yugi nodded again, quickly dashing off to his room.
Dartz smiled, ignoring the fledgling’s refusal to wait for his dismissal. He hated having to be cruel to the little one, but he knew he had to or Yugi would leave and he’d be forced to either spend eternity alone or look for another to drag into damnation. “It will be nice to see him enjoying himself for once,” he said to no one in particular. He knew that being around others of their kind forced the petite kyuuketsuki to act as if his life wasn’t a living, or in his case a non-living, hell. When that happened, he could see that Yugi had actually begun to come out of his self imposed depression and for a few hours, the now dead purple eyes would start to shine and sparkle like the amethysts they once were. How he loved those eyes.
“Well, Erzébet dear, what are you up to now?” he wondered as he too started off to his own room.
 
***********
 
The carriage stopped at a castle perched on a hill, surrounded by lush green fields and a village, the beginnings of the Carpathians rising menacingly behind it. Stepping from the vehicle, Dartz turned to help his smaller companion disembark. “Careful pet, you’re still weak. The multicolor haired boy allowed the taller kyuuketsuki to grasp his hand and lead him up the keep’s stairs.
“Lord Dartz Atlantida and fledgling,” a lesser demon announced as they entered the entrance hall. Yugi winced, he hated pretending the pale haired kyuuketuski was his sire.
A young, beautiful dark haired woman dressed in fine silks and satins came running up to them. “Dartz darling how wonderful of you to come!” she said placing a quick kiss on his cheek. “And you brought the little one with you as well!” she squealed, drawing poor Yugi into a tight hug. “Are you sure he’s eating well dear? He’s skin and bones!” she chided.
Dartz chuckled at his hostess’s maternal behavior. Yugi’s petite stature and gaunt appearance always did seem to bring that out of her. It was also an added bonus, since the smaller kyuuketsuki would blush profusely whenever she started to fuss over him, which he found extremely amusing. “It’s good to see you again, Lady Báthory,” he saw bowing and kissing her hand.
“Now stop that!” she said, giggling and playfully smacking his arm. “We know each other too well for formalities. Are you feeling any better, Yugi dear?” she asked, again giving into maternal instincts and placing a hand on the little one’s forehead.
“Yes ma’am,” he replied quietly. “Thank you.”
“My, my, still so polite. You are just too sweet! I could eat you up!” she said dragging him into another bone crushing hug. “Come, I’ve have some guests that would loooooooove to meet you!” She then all but carried the petite kyuuketsuki off to the ballroom. Dartz chuckled, following her in a more dignified manner.
The ballroom looked like any other he’d seen in this age. Fine Italian marble tiling on the floor, rich ornate tapestries placed strategically on the thick stone walls, ornate stained glass windows their myriad colors thrown everywhere by the moonlight. And several dozens of kyuuketsuki, lesser demons, lycanthropes, and human servants and all other manners of creatures buzzed and swarmed about, all engaged in their own multitude of tasks and conversations.
A few heads turned to inspect the newcomers then went back to their business. The female kyuuketsuki darted her eyes, searching the crowded room then let out a quiet squeal. “Joachim!” she called, having spotted the tall silver haired kyuuketsuki chatting with a pair of succubi. “There you are darling!”
Excusing himself, he came over to the trio. “Lady Báthory, a pleasure as always,” he said bowing slightly, kissing her hand.
“May I present Lord Dartz Atlantida,” she said indicating the kyuuketsuki with bluish-white hair.
“How do you do, Sir Dartz,” he replied. “What do we have here?” he asked, eyeing Yugi.
“Isn’t he just adorable?!” Erzébet squealed. “Don’t be shy now, Yugi dear say hello to Lord Armster.” She then shoved the petite kyuuketsuki forward for the taller one to get a better look. Dartz discretely glared at his hostess, not liking the look the older kyuuketsuki was giving his Yugi.
“N-Nice to meet you, sire,” Yugi stammered, bowing low.
Joachim smiled warmly. “Now no need to be so formal, little one just Joachim will do,” he said lifting the petite one’s head gently. Red-violet eyes widened slightly at dull amethysts. He knew an abused fledgling when he saw one. After all, he’d been one himself a few short hundred years ago. “Yugi was it?” The smaller kyuuketsuki nodded. “Come, you must tell me what you think of our most charming hostess,” he said leading him into the crowd.
“Oh stop glaring, Dartz darling. It shows a lack of trust, and is not to mention rather rude,” the brunet kyuuketsuki scolded.
“Oh I trust Yugi, Erzébet dear. It’s your darling Joachim I don’t.”
“Oh he’s harmless darling! Everyone knows Yugi is not to be touched.”
“Does he?”
“Now you stop that! I won’t be having that insane jealousy of yours ruining Lord Armster’s welcoming party.” She then dragged the pale haired man in the opposite direction.
 
*********
 
“Now that we’re alone, I wish to ask you something, little one,” the silver haired kyuuketsuki said after leading Yugi to a secluded balcony far from the revelry. “You’re unhappy with that man are you?” Yugi remained silent, head down. “You needn’t fear. I’m sure Lady Báthory will keep your sire quite occupied. There’s no one here but us two.”
“He’s not my sire,” the little one mumbled, but Joachim had a very keen sense of hearing.
“I thought as much,” he said, grimly. “I assume this Lord Dartz is somehow responsible for your sire’s absence then?”
“T-That’s not true!” Yugi shouted, shocking the taller kyuuketsuki at the quiet one’s outburst.
“Oh?”
“H-He saved me,” came the quiet reply.
“Tell me then,” Joachim pressed, “If you don’t mind, that is.”
Yugi then told his tale, Joachim growing more angry at each account of the poor fledgling’s master’s cruelty. Yugi’s life almost mirrored his exactly and it unnerved him greatly.
“Don’t you trust him a moment more!” he said angrily, frightening poor Yugi. Seeing the little one shaking, he bent down and gently cupped the boy’s cheek. “I am sorry to have scared you, but I have reason to believe that your master may have been deceiving you all along, little one.”
“B-But, he’s all I’ve got,” Yugi stuttered.
“That may be for now, but if someone were to challenge him for you,” he began.
“Who? You?” Yugi shot back, bitterly, refusing to trust the sudden feeling of hope the older kyuuketsuki was giving him.
“Perhaps,” Joachim said smiling.
Before either of them could say anymore, their hostess came running over to them.
“There you are, Yugi dear!” she called. “There’s someone who has challenged you to a game of Capsule Chess and I don’t like to keep my guests waiting.”
The petite kyuuketsuki glanced at Joachim apologetically then followed Erzébet back to the ballroom.
 
***********
 
A large table with a diorama of an Eastern style courtyard, complete with minute Sakura trees and lanterns laid out on it, had been set at the center of the ballroom, two equally large velvet cushioned chairs sat at opposite ends. That however wasn’t what made the small kyuuketsuki gasp. The figure sitting in one of the chairs was the cause.
‘R-Ryou-chan?!!’ he said silently, the boy’s white hair was unmistakable.
“Yugi!” the slightly taller kyuuketsuki shouted running up to him. “I-I don’t believe it! You’re alive!” He went to hug his long lost lover, only to have a glaring pale haired kyuukesuki pull Yugi away.
“Say anything, little gem and you will regret it,” Dartz warned.
“Oh you two know each other?” their hostess mused. “Well then you must know just how good our dear Yugi is then.”
“Yes, mistress, I do,” Ryou said, though he was more concerned by his lover’s silent behavior, “Yugi and I used to play often.”
“Ooo good, this shall prove most entertaining then,” she said ushering Yugi over to the table.
The game went on through the night, both kyuuketsuki fiercely trying to protect their pieces and ‘symbols’. On several occasions, Yugi attempted to speak to his lover, but constant glares from Dartz prevented him from actually doing so. Eventually the petite kyuuketsuki had destroyed the albino’s last remaining monster.
“It was an excellent duel Yugi,” Ryou said smiling sadly. “I’m really glad you’re alive,” he said, attempting to approach him again.
“I fear this excitement has worn my little one out,” Dartz said, yet again pulling Yugi away. “We must be off.”
“Oh must you? So soon?” the female kyuuketsuki asked, pouting slightly.
“I’m afraid so Erzébet, dear. Yugi and I have to hurry back and pack for a holiday I have planned. And by the looks of it, dawn is not so far off.”
“Oh well, then, have a safe journey home, Dartz darling. I hope you two enjoy your holiday. Do feel free to visit anytime,” she beamed as the two kyuuketsuki hurriedly left the ballroom. A pair of lilac eyes and red-violet eyes glared at the pale haired kyuuketsuki from opposite sides of the room.
 
**********
 
            CRACK!
            Yugi winced as the pain in his cheek slowly began to subside.
            “You could have ruined everything!” Dartz shouted, frantically packing what belongings he could. “Now we’ll have to leave. Again. And I am so tired of travel.”
            “I-I’m s-sorry m-maser,” quivered Yugi. “I-I d-didn’t know R-Ryou-chan w-would b-be there!”
            CRACK!
            The petite kyuuketsuki was now sporting a red handprint on his other cheek.
            “Shut up!” bellowed Dartz. “Get packing!”
            Yugi rushed to obey his master’s orders when he ran into something, causing him to fall onto his rather cute derriere. Looking up, he gasped.
            The tall silver haired kyuuketsuki he’d met at the party was standing in the hall, looking as if he had belonged there, which he didn’t. “Hello again, little one,” Joachim said smiling, helping him up.
            “L-Lord A-Armster!” he stammered.
            “I thought I told you to hurry up!” shouted Dartz coming into the hall then stopping in his tracks upon seeing the taller kyuuketsuki. “Lord Armster, what brings you to my humble abode?” he asked with mock politeness.
            “I believe you have something that belongs to me, fledgling,” he answered, reminding the other kyuuketsuki just who was the elder. Joachim gently ushered Yugi behind him so he would be between them.
            “Oh and what would that be, my lord? Surely you aren’t challenging me for the little one, in my own home yet.”
            “Indeed I am,” Joachim replied icily. “I know how you’ve been treating poor Yugi here and I won’t stand for it any longer.”
            “Oh you won’t, will you?” Dartz then lunged at his elder, grabbing a sword from one of the suits of armor lining the hall. Yugi had the sense to duck into one of the rooms, closing the door behind him.
            Joachim sidestepped the attack, smirking as he summoned his ever faithful five sword familiars, each one glowing with an eerie powerful magic. “You are out of your league, fledgling,” he shot back as three swords spun around him forming a type of shield while the remaining two leapt into his hands.
            “Am I?” Dartz spat smugly, dodging the potentially deadly blows.
            “Indeed you are,” the silver haired kyuuketsuki retorted.
            For a full twenty minutes they fought, then Joachim grew bored with his prey. “I believe you’ve been deceiving little Yugi,” he said calmly as he waited for Dartz to stop panting.
            “Oh and what proof do you have?” the younger kyuuketsuki queried, eyeing him for any openings.
            “This,” replied Joachim, closing his eyes and forcing his mind into Dartz’s. Images of the pale haired kyuuketsuki’s life bubbled to the surface, easily stirred by the much stronger kyuuketsuki’s will. After several moments of searching, Joachim found his memories of a certain night. The night Yugi’s ‘family’ was destroyed. Anger seethed through the silver haired kyuuketsuki’s mind as the truth of that night made itself known.
            “I was right!” he yelled. “You have been deceiving him for the past hundred years! You are no better than that *bleep* who made me!” Joachim’s anger seeped into the swords, each one vibrating and humming loudly.
            “You will die this night monster!” the elder kyuuketsuki bellowed then at their master’s unspoken command, the swords lunged for the younger, three plunging deep into Dartz’s chest.
            “I c-can still f-fight,” he gasped, struggling to get up.
            “Don’t be such a sore loser,” Joachim spat, then with one quick swift motion, chopped the kyuuketsuki’s head off, gold and green eyes staring in utter shock as it rolled several feet down the hall.
            “Come on out, little one,” the silver haired kyuuketsuki called, dismissing his familiars. “It’s over. You’re free.”
            Yugi crept out of his hiding place and let out a shocked whimper at his master’s headless corpse.
            “Shh. Yugi,” Joachim said, gently pulling him into his arms, averting the small one’s eyes. “He’ll hurt you no longer. You are free to do and go as you please.”
            “I-I am grateful, L-Lord Armster, but…” he said, tears of blood flowing from his eyes.
            “He was all you had,” he finished for him. Yugi nodded. “Ah, but your lover is still alive is he not? Or was that young one back a Lady Báthory’s mistaken?”
            “B-But what if he d-doesn’t want me anymore?” he stammered. “What if h-he’s angry at me for n-not looking for him?”
            Joachim smiled, gently. “By his reaction, I’d sincerely doubt he’d hate you, little one. But should he be so foolish as to cast away such a lovely jewel like you, then I’d be honored to have you stay as my guest.”
            “Y-You mean that, my lord?”
            The silver haired kyuuketsuki pulled Yugi into a hug, surprising the little one. “Of course I do! And please stop calling me ‘lord’,” he said tilting the boy’s head up so he could look him in the eye. “I know all too well how lonely living alone can be. Should you ever feel the need to, you will always have a place with me, little Yugi.”
            “T-Thank you,” he said, blushing, causing the older kyuuketsuki to chuckle.
            “No need to thank me, little one. Now how about we get you to bed, hmm? You must be exhausted.”
            Yugi nodded shyly, earning another chuckle from his savior, and let him lead him away from the rapidly decaying body.
 
~TBC~
 
Sakura: See Yu-chan told you, you wouldn’t be with that *bleep* long.
 
Yugi: Um.. thanks, I think.
 
Joachim: I assume you think it amusing to make me your plaything?
 
Sakura: Sorry Joachim, dear. Look at it this way, you won’t have to worry about a certain sire of yours. Or any annoying Belmonts, Belnadeses, Morrises, or Buffies.
 
Joachim: I suppose that could be a good thing, but I’m warning you dear. If I don’t like what you put me through, you will suffer greatly and I will enjoy it.
 
Sakura: Eep! I-I promise I-I’ll be good!!! Waaah!!! Bakura-sama help me!!!! (runs away)
 
Joachim: You had better.
 
Tails: Um… since Sakura-san’s um... indisposed at the moment, I guess I’ll tell you what she was going to say. She probably wanted you to tell her what you thought about this and if she should continue this story.
 
Yami: No she shouldn’t!!!!!
 
Bakura: Who asked you pharaoh?!
 
Sakura: Yeah! Bugger off pharaoh!
 
Tails: Anyway, please leave her feedback. She loves to hear from her readers.