Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Zodiac Girl ❯ New School, New Classes, New Friends ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

SG: I don't own Yugioh but I do own Shi and all of her cards.

Shi: Yeah, try and steal anything and I'll come and kick your fucking ass.

SG: Shi, Let's not scare the readers-

Shi: AAAAAAAAAWWWWW

SG: -yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Seto Kaiba sat at his desk with his laptop up, trying to complete his newest duel disk. He wasn't getting much done though, not with the usual cheering heard with the duels going on during their study hall. There teacher, Mr. Sowgee, didn't help much either.

"He must be deaf," he mumbled to himself. "Not hearing that racket those armature duels make."

Suddenly, as if he had heard Kaiba, Mr. Sowgee cleared his throat and began to speak.

"Class, please settle down."

He looked up wondering why on Earth he had asked everyone to shut up. As his eyes shifted from his teacher, he saw exactly why Mr. Sowgee demanded their attention. Seeing it wasn't anything big, he went back to his work and shut the teacher out of his mind; as well as the rest of the class till no one was appeared to be paying any interest in the girl with shoulder length, black hair standing in front of them. Mr. Sowgee did seem to notice and continued.

"This is Shi Ling, who has just moved to Domino Town from China. Students, I believe you will make her feel welcome."

"It's ok, sir," Shi interrupted, noticing nobody was even listening to him. "I'll just go and take my seat."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Sitting in the closest seat to her, Shi let out a sigh of relief. "The worst is over," she thought to herself. She then quickly took out her duel monsters deck and committed herself to thinking up new strategies using the twelve new cards she had just received as a going away present. She smiled, laying two cards on top of another; yes, a new powerful monster that was virtually unstoppable. She was so absorbed with her cards, that she never heard the bell ring to switch class.

Shi was just about done figuring out what the trap card `Ying and Yang' did, when she felt a strong tap on her upper arm. A serge of annoyance swept through, and reluctantly, she looked up.

The boy with the brown hair that was sitting in the back of the class was standing above her.

"I thought you should know that the period's over," he said with an icy tone to his voice.

Shi felt her cheeks blush with embarrassment and looked away. "Thank you," she said, putting away her deck. "I was so absorbed in the game that I just lost track of time. By the way, do you no where-" she turned to see that he left and sounded downer. "-Professor Yoshe's room is. Great, now how am I going to get to room 205 in two minutes?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

With a great deal of luck, it only took her 10 minutes to find her next class. Shi tried to quietly slip in to the class, but was unsuccessful due to the gigantic gasp the students gave when she entered.

The English teacher, Professor Yoshe, was known as the strictest educator in the entire school. It would be better not to show up for her class at all than come in late. Shi could tell this the second she looked around the room, but the thing that most annoyed her was that she saw the brown hair boy sitting in the second row.

"I don't want to here any of your lame excuses," she said, viciously. "Get into your seat and we will discuss this after class."

"Professor…I…um…I'm…I'm sorry-," she stammered before being interrupted by Professor Yoshe.

"I said I don't want to hear in. Now get into your seat!" she said nastily, and began to teach again.

Shi was nearly in tears at that time and it didn't help that the entire Shakespeare class was snickering in the background while she just stood there. All she could do was wipe her eyes with her finger to try and stop the tears.

"You think you're funny, huh?" she commented when Shi stayed standing in front of her desk. "Well let's see how funny the head master thinks you are."

"I don't have a seat!" she yelled, finally gathering up courage. "I just moved here from China."

"Well take the seat in the back of the room."

"Thank you, ma'm."

As she walked over to her seat, she looked at the blue eyed boy, giving him a glare that could kill. Taking her seat, Shi glanced at the boy that sat next to her and the anger that was bottled up inside of her released a little. The spiky hair kid was sitting on a dictionary in order to see the notes and a small smile came to her face. Sitting down, Shi took out her notebook and went to get a pen. Reaching into her purse she not only pulled out a black ballpoint pen but her duel monster deck as well. The boy eyes lit up.

"You play duel monsters?" he asked, looking very excited.

"A little, why do you ask?" she told him, bending down to gather her deck.

"Well I play too," he said softly. "I was wondering if I could duel you later. I've never dueled anyone from China before. By the way, my name's Yugi Motto."

"Sure," she whispered to him. "I would love to test my skills against the only person who beat Pegasus. Just not this week, my family's still unpacking. Oh, and I'm Shi."

"Shi, just to let you know, lunch is next."

"Thanks, Yugi. I would just hate to spend the time looking for room 245." Professor Yoshe looks up around the room and Shi and Yugi quickly stop talking and soon she went back to giving notes. "I think we should start paying attention. I've already got her mad enough for one day."

They were silent for the rest of the period. As Shi and Yugi exited the class, Professor Yoshe cleared her throat.

"Miss Ling, I asked to see you after class, so where are you going?"

"No where. You go on without me, Yugi. I'm sure I can find the cafeteria on my own."

"No, I'll wait for you outside," said Yugi closing the door.

"Now let us begin," said Professor Yoshe.

"It was my first day. I didn't know where the room."

"You should have asked someone."

Yugi waited outside for Shi. It was ten minutes later when she immerged with a smile on her face, though her eyes were red from crying and they began to head for the lunch room.

"So how did it go?" he asked her.

"Pretty well, I think. I got off with only a warning."

"Wow! You are the luckiest kid in the history of Domino High. No one ever get anything less than a detention from Professor Yoshe. How did you do it?"

"I don't know. It's all a blur."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

"Where is Yugi?" asked Tea. Tristan and Joey only stopped pigging out for a second to shrug their shoulders. Tea began to look worried. "I just can't help but worry about him. What if something happened?"

"It's ok, Tea," said Joey, who obviously was out of food. Even though he said it was ok, the tone of his voice didn't convince her. "Yugi can take care of himself. By the way, do you want that bag of popcorn?"

"No, take it," she said, disgusted. She stood up and scanned the lunch room for her short friend. It wasn't until she looked to the double door at the entrance when she spotted him talking to a green eye girl, Tea had never seen before. Waving her arm, she shouted to him. "Yugi, over here!"

Yugi looked up. "Hi Tea," he shouted and started running over. "Shi, if you want to sit with us you can." Shi nodded her head and followed him.

"Hey Yug, good to see bud," said Joey. "How was class with the devil?"

"It was ok," he told them, then quickly changed the subject and pointed to Shi who was just quietly standing there. "I'd like you to meet Shi. She just moved here from Beijing. Shi, this is-" Yugi stopped suddenly when Tristan ran up to her and grabbed her hand. *Giant anime eyes. You know large and love struck*

"Hi. I'm Tristan." Joey comes up and pushes Tristan aside. "Forget about him. I'm Joey Weller."

"That's right," said Shi. "You were second place at Duelist Kingdom." And Joey face turned bright red.

"-um well I guess you already know Tristan and Joey now," said Yugi and then points to Tea. "This is Tea."

"Hi Shi. Why don't you pull up a chair next to me and we can look at you schedule?" Tea and Shi spent the rest of lunch not only discussing their schedules (Shi had study with none of them, Shakespeare with Yugi, and all of her other classes, she was with all four of them), but clothes and Shi's life in Beijing.

"There's a lot more people in Beijing than in Domino City. And here everyone's not hustling to go places."

Joey took this as an opportunity to ask Yugi why he was so late. "You see, Shi was late for class and Professor Yoshe wanted to speak to her when the period was over. I just waited for her so I could help her find the cafeteria." He was about to go into more dept when the bell rang and they headed towards their next class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SG: So what does everyone think of the first chapter?

Yugi: zzzzzzzz

Seto: …..

Yami: Where was I?

Bakura: …….

Joey: *too busy eating to answer*

Ryou: …..

Tristan: *too busy eating to answer*

SG: Tea, what about you.

Tea: HERE!

SG: What a dizs. Any way all of you don't count, the reviewers do.