Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Zodiac Girl ❯ Language Barrier ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh no matter how many emails and threatening letters I send.

SG: Just to let everyone know, this is a short chapter.

Yugi: AAAAWWWWW!

SG: You sound like Shi when you do that.

Shi: HEY!

SG: *thinking* I wonder if he likes chocolate as much as she does? *takes out a five pound bar of chocolate*

Yugi: *sniff*

Shi: *sniff*

Yugi and Shi: CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

"I really don't know how to thank all of you," said Shi after school. "I would have never found the rest of my classes without you."

"It was nothing, really," replied Yugi.

"Well I got to get home. My dad wants me their when the moving van arrives with our stuff in ten minutes," she answered. "Byelorussian!" Yugi, Joey, Tristan, and Tea just stared at her. "What? Do you not tell people good bye here?"

"Yeah, we say good bye," said Joey, looking at her strangely.

"Then why are you looking at me so weirdly."

"Do you think she accidentally spoke Chinese?" asked Tristan.

Tea shook her head. "No, my cousin knows it and that's defiantly not in their vocabulary."

"You weren't speaking Japanese, that's for sure," said Joey.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN? OF COURSE I WAS SPEAKING JAPANESE! WHAT ELSE WOULD I BE SPEAKING?"

"I don't know? All I heard was gibberish. You said something like byloszen."

"I SAID GOOD BYE. TRUST ME, JOEY WELLER; I WOULD KNOW IF I WAS SPEAKING ANOTHER LANGUAGE."

"Ok, Shi," said Tea, holding her back for it looked like she was going to pounce on him. "We established the fact that you said good bye. Now you spent five minutes yelling at Joey, when you should have been heading towards your house."

Shi glanced at her watch. "Oh my God, Tea, your right; thanks. Well good bye everyone." And she left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

"Great," thought Shi to herself, "I'm going insane. I'm talking in a language I don't even know and I don't know I'm doing it. Superb impression I made on the Duel Monster's World Champion and his friends."

Glancing at her clock, she put down her book and turned off the lights.

"Maybe I'll feel better after a good night sleep?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

"Pharaoh, what is that?" A servant pointed to a box the ruler was holding.

"This? Oh, that!" He gave opened it to reval about fifty scrolls. He opened one and handed the girl.

The girl raked her eyes over it. "Your Majesty there's writing on it in about a thousand different languages."

"Yes, I know."

After scanning over the parts in Egyptian, she looked up. "I don't understand. What does all this mean? From what I can see, it's just random words."

The ruler smiled and took back the item. "Good." He paused for a minute before continuing, "Follow me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

/It was weird, Yami. She said something in another language and then denied it./

//Is it possible that she didn't know what she was doing.//

Yami and Yugi had been up late talking about the day's events, mostly evolving Shi and Joey.

/Maybe, but how do you speak another language and not know that you are doing so?/

//I don't know, but I too sensed something strange about her. I do not know how but I somehow recognize her.//

/Is she dangerous?/

//Not that I can tell. I just want to keep an eye on her.//

"Yugi?" called Grandpa from down the hall. "Are you getting into bed yet?"

"Yes, Grandpa; good night. And good night to you to spirit."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SG: *running* Well I guess I know the answer to that; time to create more havoc and mayhem. *gives chocolate to Yugi*

Yugi: MINE MINE MINE!!!

Shi: NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *chases Yugi*

SG: Please Review.