Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Zodiac Girl ❯ Crash ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh and I never will. *tear* Unless the owner "accidently" dies. MWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! *grabs a knife and takes the next flight over to Japan*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

"Well Miss Ling, it is good to see that you are on time today," said Professor Yoshe as Shi entered the room.

"Yes Professor, I know my way around the school much better now," replied Shi as she went to take her seat in the back of the room happily. "Hi Yugi."

"Hi Shi, how-" he was then interrupted by the bell.

"Now that class has officially begun, you have ten minutes to respond to the prompt on the board. These will be graded and handed out on Monday."

Shi read the prompt and began to write. She wrote until Professor Yoshe told her to stop. "Ok time's up. Everyone hand in there papers."

Handing Yugi her paper, she smiled, knowing it was an A paper. Yugi, who was curious about what she had written, looked at her paper. The results surprised him.

/Yami what is this?/

Yami looked at the paper for a moment before answering. //They're Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs, Abiou?//

/I know, but why would Shi write in Ancient Egyptian?/

//Shi wrote this?//

/Yeah?!/

"Hey Yugi, Earth to Yugi, are you going to pass my paper up or just stare at it?" asked Shi happily.

"Oh yeah," he said and pasted it up.

/I think you were right Yami, maybe you should keep an eye on her./

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

"Hey Shi," shouted a voice in front of her. She looked around the grounds of the school until she spotted the person who had shouted to her and sprinted over to him.

"Hi Joey."

"Hi Shi," replied Joey. Tristan, Yugi, and Tea were with him. "Listen guys-"

"And girl," interrupted Tea.

"Whatever," said Joey and continued. "Were going to go down to Yugi's; his Grandpa owns a game shop. We wanted to see if you wanted to come with us?"

"Oh Joey, how thoughtful of you," exclaimed Shi and Joey turned bright red. "I would love to but I can't."

"Why not?"

"You see my dad's having dinner with the Japanese Minister of Foreign Affairs tonight-"

"What?"

"He's a Chinese ambassador," replied Shi, seeing the puzzlement on Joey's face. "Anyway, he wanted to have an authentic Chinese dinner so I need to prepare the food."

"Why doesn't your mom do it?"

"If my mom made fried rice, she'd blow up the house. And even if miraculously the house is still standing when she's done, it's going to taste…well….er-"

"Disgusting?"

"Disgusting is an understatement."

"One second, I have to pick something up for tonight." Shi hurried into the dry cleaners that they were passing. Within a minute, she came out with something red and long slung over her arm.

"What's that?" asked Tea looking at the dress.

"This? Oh, it's the Cheongsam I'm wearing tonight." She held up the dress for her to see.

"It's so pretty."

"I know; I got it back in Hong Kong for the Moon Festival last year."

"Moon Festival?"

"Yeah; it's a Moon Maiden style dress."

"I guess that explains the full moons on it."

"Yep; now I really need to go," she said smiling, gathering up the halter top dress, as the group came to the park.

"'Bye!"

Shi walk through the park towards her house. Then, after she slung the dress over her arm, took out her duel monster's deck and began to look through it. She was so engrossed in it, that she wasn't particularly paying much attention to where she was going and bumped in to someone, sending both his and her cards flying and both of them onto the ground, as well as her dress.

"GOD DAMN IT, watch where you're going!" he shouted while scrambling for his cards.

"I'm sorry, didn't realize that…oh it's you," she said, finding her face to brown hair, blue-eyed jerk that had made her ten minutes late for class yesterday. She bent down to pick up her dress. "You know, I just got back from picking this up at from the dry cleaners!"

"And I care why…?"

"Well I'm dinning with the Minister of Foreign Affairs tonight." She was considering say that but the look in his eyes made her decide against it. Instead she went to work gathering her deck.

"Well I think I have all my cards," she said as she hoisted herself off of the grounded while slipping the cards back into her pocket.

"No this one's yours," he said spitefully, handing her her `Baby Lamb' card. "I would never have anything so weak in my deck. Practically every card would beat it, except a Koreebo."

"You think my deck's weak, do you, well why don't you see me duel?" she thought to herself.

Even though every piece of her brain was telling her to whip her deck back out and duel him right now, she wasn't going to let the Japanese Minister of Foreign Affairs taste her mom's cooking, and she still wanted a house when she got home.

"Thanks," she said grabbing the card and pocketing it. Then under her breath she mumbled a few Chinese cures.

"What did you say," he asked her, eyes narrowing.

"Oh nothing," she said all too sweetly and walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shi: YUGI, GIVE ME THE CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!

Yugi: NO

SG: See, isn't this fun?