Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Zodiac Girl ❯ Dragon Swap ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: For the last time, I don't own Yugioh, but I do own all the recording I have of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

"Ok," said Yugi. He was at the movie theater along with Tea, Joey and Tristan after Yugi's grandpa kicked them out of the store. "Which movie do we want to see?"

"`My Big Fat Japanese Wedding'," said Tea.

"But how many times have you seen it, thirteen or fourteen times?" asked Joey, who wanted to see something else.

"No, only twelve times. But you haven't seen it at all. Pleasssse can we see it?" Tea begged them.

"Sure," they said, not wanting to hear her complain through the entire movie that `My Big Fat Japanese Wedding' was so much better than the movie they were seeing and ruining it. "You go the tickets while we'll go stand in line at the concession stands."

As Tea stood in line for tickets, she noticed the girl in front of her, who was wearing a red skit and white tee shirt. The black haired girl turned around.

"Hi Tea," said an extremely sad Shi.

"Shi, what are you doing here? I thought your family was hosting a diplomatic dinner?"

"We are. Dad told me to go see a movie. He hates me being upset an important supper. He feels that it ruins his chance for negotiations. By the way, where are Yugi, Joey and Tristan?"

"Their at the food stand, probably buy everything."

"Next," said the ticket salesman.

After they had paid for their tickets, Tea and Shi met the boys at the theater entrance. It looked like Tea was right about them buying out the concession stands. Tea quickly told them why she wasn't at the diplomatic dinner before they could ask themselves. After they sat down, Joey had to ask why on Earth she was so sad.

"It's nothing really. I just grabbed someone else's duel monster card and they grabbed mine. The only thing is that the card I lost was my absolute favorite and I don't know who has it. And it was one of the most powerful cards in my deck if played correctly, too."

"That's terrible," said Yugi. "I couldn't imagine losing my favorite card, The Dark Magician."

"What card was it?" asked Tea.

Shi took a deep breath. "The Dragon D-"

She was interrupted by someone calling to Yugi. "Hey Yugi, is that you?"

Yugi turned around to see the unmistakable Duke Devlen. "Hey Duke, what are you doing here?"

"Well," replied sarcastically. "I think I'm going to see `My Big Fat Japanese Wedding'. Who's that?" he asked looking at Shi.

"That's Shi Ling. She just moved here from China. Shi, this is Duke Devlen."

"Hi," said Shi, sounding upset.

"What's wrong with her," Duke asked Yugi.

"She lost her favorite duel monster card."

"And what card is that?"

"I don't know she was about to tell us when you interrupted her. Shi what were you saying before Duke stopped you?"

"I was telling you that my favorite and most powerful card was the `Dragon Dancer' card."

Everyone just stared at her and Joey and Tristan do an anime style faint before Duke spoke up. "I had one in my shop once. It was on sale for weeks on end. Even when I was giving it away for free, no one wanted it. It was only had 400 attack points and 300 defense points. I ended up sneaking it into someone's bag. Why is it your favorite?"

"Well if played with the right ritual card it forms one of the most powerful monsters in the whole gain. The thing is I had been saving my allowance money for three months to by that ritual card and it only works with the Dragon Dance and I bet no one will be selling one around here."

"What card did you get instead of it?"

Shi held up the card and everyone gasped.

"Oooh, I would hate to be anywhere in a 5 mile radius when Seto Kaiba finds out his Blue Eyes White Dragon has been replaced with one of the weakest cards in the entire game of duel monsters," said Tea as the movie started.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Seto Kaiba sat on a couch in one of the many rooms in his mason. Sitting in his office, he began searching through his deck for his blue-eyes.

*Flask back*

Kaiba had been in one of the rooms neighboring his office when the break-in had occurred. It was lucky that he, for the thief was almost out of the room when he came in. Needing a copy of the previous year's finical report, he had gone into the room to find every card in his duel monster deck fluttered around the ground.

"What the…" he started then saw the person who had been so delirious as to try to rob him. In his hand, there were three cards and he knew exactly which ones they were; his Blue-Eyes White Dragons.

Not wasting any time, Kaiba flung himself at the crook, toppling him to the floor. After snatching the priceless cards from the perpetrator's grasp, he set his attention on to fully disarming him. Suddenly, Kaiba jumped back. The man, now carrying a knife, leaped up and scurried from the room.

Kaiba had no idea where the man had gone till he heard a high-pitch scream. "Mokoba," he said, fear present in his voice, running towards the scream which lead him to the kitchen.

"That's right, boy," he heard a low voice mumble. "Scream your little heart out and lead your brother right to us."

Kaiba reached into his back pocket and pulled out his cell phone. Dialing three numbers, he was connected to the Domino police.

"Hello, Domino police; Lieutenant Kosho speaking. How may I help you?"

"Hello, this is Seto Kaiba calling from the Kaiba mason. I would like to report a break-in and an attempt of kidnapping. The criminal is still here and is armed. I need aid."

"Yes, Mr. Kaiba," said the Lieutenant. "We will be sending someone over there immediately."

Hanging up, Kaiba knew there wasn't enough time. He and Mokoba had been reunited for less than from when Pegasus had separated their souls from their body and since then Kaiba had been a little overprotective. (Mokoba: A LITTLE?! I can't even step out of the house without him.) Walking into the doorway, his eye's widened. The man had a knife to Mokoba's neck and, although it had not pierced a vane, a small river of blood fell from the knife.

Mokoba looked up, smiling weakly and Kaiba could tell it was taking a lot of effort for him just to do that. "Big brother, I knew you would come and save me like you always have."

"Ah," said the man with the knife. "I thought I would actually have to kill the brat. Now give me your blue eyes and he isn't harmed."

Kaiba looked at his brother, who was going limp in the man's arms and the pool of blood on the floor. Seeing Kaiba hesitate, the man lifted the knife to stab Mokoba. Mokoba waited for the impact but it never came. The police had arrived just in time to save him.

"It's a good thing you called when you did, Mr. Kaiba," said the nearest officer. Then his voice got sadder. "-and for you little brother as well. We're lucky we brought an ambulance."

As if on signal, two men came in with a stretcher and placed Mokoba on it. "It looks like he lost three or four pints of blood," one said to the other.

"He'll be ok, right?" asked Kaiba.

"Once we get him into the ambulance and get some blood in him, he'll great."

Kaiba nodded and followed the men into the back, never letting go of his little brother's hand. The man was sentenced to twenty years in prison.

*End of flash back*

Kaiba blinked a couple of times. He had come so close to losing his dear little brother that day, all because of his blue eyes. He had two of them on the table and was looking for the third when he came upon an odd card.

"What is a `Dragon Dancer' doing in here?" he thought to himself and set the card aside.

He soon finished looking through his deck and then checked again, but alas his third blue-eyes was missing.

"DAMN IT!" he shouted then began to put two and two together. "Someone had to have switched it with that lame Dragon Dancer. But who could it be and when?" thought Kaiba. He began to mentally retrace his steps when he was disrupted by a small voice.

"Seto?" Kaiba turned to see Mokoba standing there in his blue pj's rubbing his eyes. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, Mokoba, and what are you doing up? It's eleven o'clock at night."

"I was sleeping when you shouted and I came to see what was wrong."

"Nothing's wrong Mokoba," he lied through his teeth. He took his brother by the hand and led him back to his room. Tucking him into bed, Kaiba ruffled his black hair and then an idea cam to his mind. "'Night Mokoba."

"'Night, big brother," he said sleepily.

Kaiba left the room. "Who was that new girl?" he thought to himself. "She had to have switched it when she `accidentally' bumped into me. She was the only person I knew of that had such wimpy monsters. But what is her name?"

He then wished he had paid more attention when she was being introduced. "Ling…, Ling…, that's it, Shi Ling."

Sitting down at his computer, Kaiba logged onto the Domino High School website. After entering his name and student id, he was able to look at every student's profile, including name and address. This service had only been available for the past three months due to the fact that students weren't calling friends to get their homework and then blaming it on the fact that they didn't have their address or phone number. Typing her name into the search box, he pulled up her profile. He smiled.

"Tomorrow I'll be paying visit to our little dragon thief."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shi: Yugi, you can't five pounds of chocolate in one sitting.

Yugi: Oh yeah, just watch. *opens chocolate*

Shi: *dives for it* Aha, the chocolate is now mine; MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Yugi: Not for long *starts chasing her*

Malik: *walks in*

Marik: *being dragged in by Malik*

Malik: Did you give Yugi chocolate?

SG: Yeah *takes a hand full of popcorn* It's entertainment; come join me.

Malik and Marik: Ok!