Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Zodiac Girl ❯ Duel ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Yugioh, Kaiba, or any of his cards. But I do own Shi Ling, her deck, and all of her strategies.

SG: I really hate all of the disclaimers in front of a story.

Duel information

Life points are in brackets like these: [] and bold.

A monster's attack and defense points are in pantheists like these: ( )

The final score is also italicize

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Shi arrived at the Kaiba mansion ten minutes after three to find Kaiba waiting forward. "Your late," he stated simply.

"You know, I would have gotten here faster if you had been kind enough to give me directions," she said sarcastically.

He just shrugged his shoulders and then handed her a duel disk. "Insert your deck; life points automatically set to 2000. Follow me."

Doing as she was told, Shi followed him to the backyard. She noticed that Kaiba had already inserted his deck.

"One moment, Kaiba; before we duel I have one itsy bitsy request for you."

Kaiba rolled his eyes. "What?"

"Most people have heard of your Egyptian god card, Obelisk the Tormentor, and its limitless power. So I was wondering if you would be so kind as to not use it in this duel, only to make it fair," she added.

"I don't care if it's fair or not."

"Duh, everyone knows how heartless you are buddy, but if you do take it out, I would hope that you would still be able to be me, or are you just not the same without your precious, little Obelisk, hmm?"

Shi saw his eyes get ever so tiny. "So I hit him where it hurt; that's a point for me."

"I can beat you even without my Egyptian god," he said pulling out the top card on his deck, showing his Obelisk, and then slipping it in his pocket.

"Thanks," said Shi as they arrived at the spot where they would duel.

"Are you ready for me to kick your butt?" he asked her.

"Bring it on."

"Ok then, LET'S DUEL!"

They each drew their cards. Shi smiled, "Very nice," she thought to herself. Kaiba seemed to have also drawn a good had, for he was smiling, too. "Anytime you're ready."

"What ever happened to the saying `ladies first'?" he asked her, then added to himself, "This way I'll get an idea of how easy she will be to beat."

"Well I hate to break it to you, there's no such saying in China, so make your move, NOW!"

"All right then, I summon La Gin" (1600/2000 I think) "in attack mode; and I lay two cards face down."

"Ok, I'll also lay one card face down then summon Bangle Tiger" (1000/1200) "That ends my turn."

"My turn; La Gin destroy Bangle Tiger-" Suddenly a large wall comes up in front of Shi's Tiger. "What's that?"

"My trap card, Great Wall Of China. It absorbs any attack. Now I play Wild Boar in attack mode." (1700/1800) "Now my Boar, destroy Kaiba's La Gin; horn impalement."

As Wild Boar ran towards his La Gin, Kaiba reveled his face down card, Magical Lamp. "La Gin, take sanctuary inside the Magical Lamp where no attack may reach you." He drew a card. "Now that your turn is over, I play a de-trap card, demolishing you Great Wall Of China."

Shi's eye's widened. "Oh no, that leave's my Bangle Tiger open for an attack."

He smiled wickedly. "That's right. Attack La Gin; and that brings your life points down to 1400."

"First I'll draw, then I'll switch my Wild Boar to defense mode. That ends my turn."

"Well I will use this magic card, Three Wishes, to raise La Gin's attack power 500 points for one turn, more than enough to annihilate your Wild Boar."

"My Boar!!! Well now I play two monster cards; Indian Cobra (1150/1900) and Ox of the Field (1700/1200), both in attack mode. Now attack Indian Cobra."

"You seemed to have forgotten about Magical Lamp, it protects La Gin. Besides, it's too weak to defeat him."

"Who said I was going to attack La Gin? I'm going to use Indian Cobra to remove La Gin from his Magical Lamp."

"You can't do that?! No monster can do that!"

"Just watch Seto Kaiba."

That was all he could do. Indian Cobra slithered across the field and some how got into Magical Lamp and suddenly La Gin appeared as well as Indian Cobra, who was once again crossing the field and returning to his place on Shi's side.

"What… how do that?"

"It's quite simple, really. The Snake is known for its cunningness and ability to squeeze into small places. It's one of Indian Cobra's special abilities to remove a creature from a hiding place, where it will remain in the open for one full turn. But enough talk, I summon Ox of the Field, which will now destroy his La Gin. And to end my turn I lay one card face down."

[Seto Kaiba 1900, Shi Ling 1400]

"You might have defeated La Gin, but lets see how you fare against my Ax Rader." (2100/1600) "Now Ax Raider destroy her Indian Cobra."

"Reveal face down card; the magic card Ying and Yang. Ying and Yang switches the attack points of the attacking monster with the one being attacked. That means that Ax Raider now only has 1150 attack points while Indian Cobra has 2100. Not only will your attack fail, but you will lose 950 life points."

Kaiba just laugh. "You naïve, little girl," he said, as Shi just stated evilly at him, for she despised being called a little girl, "revel face down card."

Shi gasped and managed to stammer an answer, "A…a…Reverse Effect card!"

"That's right, and I'm sure you know what it does."

"Yes, it reverses the effect of the last magic card played."

"Correct, and that means that the attack points go back to their original standings. Say bye bye to Indian Cobra and to 950 life points."

[Kaiba 1900, Shi 450]

Shi drew a card and glanced at it. "Perfect," she thought. Now she needed only two more cards to complete her strategy and beat Kaiba. "I switch my Ox the Field to defense mode and end my turn."

"Ooh, someone is chickening out."

"Stop teasing me Kaiba or you will really regret it."

Kaiba was a little taken back by this but no matter he didn't let it show. "Regret what? Now I have a company to run so let's get back to me crushing you. First I'll play a little magic card known as No Defense, which switches all of your monsters to attack mode, but before for I destroy him, I want to ask you a question."

"Ask away."

"Explain to me the structure of your deck. Every duelist, serous duelist that is, knows that your cards must support each other. So tell me, what is your deck's theme?"

"Why do you wish to know this?"

"I have my reasons, perhaps it's just to embarrass you even further, or perhaps it's just to play with your mind."

"I'm surprised you haven't fingered it out already. The Ox, Snake, the Boar, the Tiger, and the Sheep; they're all part of the Chinese Zodiac."

"The Chinese Zodiac, weak legend just for money making. But no matter, Ax Raider destroy Ox of the Field."

[Kaiba 1900, Shi 50]

Suddenly Kaiba's Ax Raider disappeared from the field. "What the-"

Shi smiled. "When ever Ox of the Field is destroyed, the monster that did it gets dragged along. That, however, takes up one turn so it's your move again."

Kaiba drew a card; Polarization. "Now behold the creature of your destruction. I combine my three Blue Eyes White Dragons to create the Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon. I can't attack this turn, but the next one I will wipe you out. So draw your last card."

Shi was about to do so when her cell phone rang. "One moment," she told him. "Hello…" Then she began to chat away in Chinese. Kaiba tapped his foot impatiently. After what seemed like forever, he glanced at his watch.

"Geez," he thought to himself, "this girl has been on the phone now for ten minutes." Another couple of seconds passed by before he lost his temper and shouted out to Shi, "EXCUSE ME; WE'RE IN A MIDDLE OF A DUEL HERE!"

Shi gave him a look that could kill, and then said good-bye, and just stared at him. "Well excuse me," she said sarcastically, "I'm sorry that my friend called at this time, but I haven't seen her since she left for England a month ago. Now where were we?"

"You were drawing you last card and then I am going to wipe out the last of your life points."

"Oh yes," said Shi and she drew and grinned. "Well Kaiba, meet the monster of your destruction, Dragon Dancer."

He just stared and then smiled, "You're delirious."

"Am I? You just watch and see which is the more powerful dragon. I play the magic card Gong of the Dragon Dance."

"It only raises your monster's attack points up to 900; my Ultimate Dragon could take it out without breaking a sweat."

"Who said I was going to combine it with my Dragon Dancer? I play the ritual card Year of the Dragon and sacrifice Gong of the Dragon Dance and Dragon Dancer to create….."

"Nice try, but you can't sacrifice a magic card in a ritual; don't you even know the rules of the game?"

"In a normal ritual; no, but for a Zodiac Ritual you need a monster card and a magic card. As I was saying before you so rudely interrupted me, I sacrifice Gong of the Dragon Dance and Dragon Dancer to bring forth the Dragon Zodiac God." (4000/3500)

"Good attempt, but Ultimate Dragon has 500 more attack points than Dragon Zodiac God. Attack; white lighting."

Shi just laughed and when the dust cleared, Dragon Zodiac God was still standing.

"What? Why wasn't it destroyed? Ultimate Dragon had 500 more attack points?!"

Shi smiled. "The Dragon Zodiac God cannot be attacked by any other dragon, Kaiba, since it is the god of all dragons. And please, don't repeat the obvious." She pulled the top card from her deck. "And although Dragon Zodiac God isn't as strong as Ultimate Dragon, I just drew a monster card that is, or should I say, another ritual card."

"A Zodiac Ritual card?!"

"Yes, the Year of the Rat Ritual and I activate it by sacrificing Field Mouse and the magic card, Field of Daisies to bring forth, Rat Zodiac Goddess." (3700/3500)

"Nice, too bad Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon is still stronger."

"Guess again. Being the first animal in the Chinese Zodiac, the Rat Zodiac Goddess gets 500 attack points for every Zodiac creature on the field," she stated then quickly added before he could claim that there was only one other Zodiac creature on the field, "and your Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon is an animal of the Zodiac. Now her attack power is 4700, enough to wipe out your Ultimate Dragon. And now I will have Dragon Zodiac God attack your life points directly, Inferno Fire Blast of the Gods!"

[Final: Kaiba 0, Shi 50]

"It looks like I win, good duel," said Shi with no hint of gloating. She removed her deck from the duel disk, slid it off of her arm. Handing it to him, she left without a word.

All Kaiba could do was stare at the gate in which she had left and he once again tasted the sourer taste of defeat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SG: Well let's see, there's only about a bite more of chocolate left and I want a new laptop. *throws in another bar of chocolate* Bring on the bets.