Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction / Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ The Eight Anime Kingdoms ❯ An acrobat's tragic performance ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N Oh my god! I accidentally deleted this chapter! I'm so sorry everyone! But here is a much better version of the chapter. Please enjoy, and on with the fic!"

An acrobat's tragic performance

---*---

"What are you doing here?!" Haruki and Li Xiang questioned each other in unison. Before the two could answer, the sound of pounding footsteps echoed through the dark room. Haruki quickly ducked behind a statue.

"Get down!" Haruki grabbed Li Xiang around the waist and pulled her down.

"I heard something, it came form over here!" cried a security guard.

"The map piece of `The Black Devil Sword' had been stolen!!!" gasped another guard.

"Secure the area, the thief might still be in here!"

"Did you hear that? We'll be stuck in here!" Li Xiang hissed.

Haruki took out one of his arrows, and his bow, "Relax, I have a plan."

Haruki aimed his arrow up towards the ceiling, "Sleep Arrow!"

Haruki released the arrow. The arrow began to glow white, which caused the guards to be distracted from it.

"What is that?!" gasped a guard. The white arrow then began to rocket downwards. It embedded in the floor and the white light grew brighter, until it engulfed the entire room. The white light began to fade away, and all the security guards were on the floor, sleeping peacefully. Haruki and Li Xiang were the only ones awake.

"How did you do that?" Li Xiang asked in amazement.

"I'll tell you later, but we have to escape before the affect wears off." Haruki grabbed Li Xiang's arm and bolted out of the museum.

---*---

"So, you want to tell me why you came here?" Li Xiang demanded.

"I have the same question, but right now I want to know why you want the map piece." Haruki asked.

Li Xiang turned away, "I'm not telling."

"You are hiding something, are you not? What is your connection with `The Black Devil Sword'?" Haruki questioned, but Li Xiang remained silent. The sounds of footsteps are heard coming towards Haruki and Li Xiang's direction.

"Hey, who's there?" barked another security guard. Reacting quickly, Haruki grabbed hold of Li Xiang, and crushed his lips against her own. Li Xiang, was shocked at first, but found herself kissing him back.

"Oh sorry, thought you were someone else." The guard had mistaken them for a couple and walked off.

Haruki released Li Xiang, turned away to hide his blushing face, and cleared his throat, "A-hem! Sorry about that, but I didn't want that guard getting suspicious of us."

"Yeah, but you're a really good kisser." commented Li Xiang. Haruki's face became even redder.

---*---

"What? Haruki I can't believe you!" Aya slapped Haruki's arm lightly. "I can't believe you would do something so crazy, and without telling us first."

"I didn't want you two to get involved." Haruki said calmly.

"Really Haruki, we thought you were smarter than that." Satoshi scolded.

"But we want to know why Li Xiang wanted to steal the map piece." Aya turned to Li Xiang.

"Well, I...um..." Li Xiang's mother stepped in.

"It is our duty to find this evil sword." explained Li Xiang's mother.

"Our family comes from a long line of ninjas. We only disguised ourselves as acrobat's, so our enemies will not know of our secrets," explained Li Xiang's father. "We our to find the sword and destroy it before it wrecks havoc."

"That's great, Satoshi, Haruki and I are also on the same mission. We also have a map piece of the devil sword. Maybe we can work together." Aya said cheerfully.

"I'm sorry, we must do this on our own." The fire-eater said solemnly.

"What, but you can trust us." Satoshi said.

"I'm sorry, but we must ask you to leave." Li Xiang's mother requested.

"But-" Aya was interrupted by Haruki.

"No, they're right." said Haruki.

"But Haruki, we're all on the same side. Can't we-"

"Don't make it harder than it already is," Haruki said sternly, "The last thing we need is another person rivaling us for sword. We shouldn't interfere with their business."

`I see, these are tough times. Ever since Yorunotobari came here, you just don't know who to trust these days.' Aya thought.

---*---

"Now I'll ask again, where is the map piece?" Mako demanded dangerously as he held the museum owner in a death grip.

"I'm...telling you...I don't...know." The owner wheezed.

"That is not the answer I'm looking for." Mako's grip tightened.

"It's the truth! The map...someone stole it...last night."

"Do you have any idea who?"

"No...but...maybe...that one woman."

"Woman?"

"A woman...with pink hair...and wore green...clothing...it might have been her."

"Where is she?"

"She...lives a few...blocks away from here."

Mako smiled deviously, "Thank you for the information." As he said that, Mako snapped the man's neck.

---*---

Li Xiang's father heard a knock at the door, "Who could that be?"

The fire-eater opened the door, "Can I help you?"

Before he could react, a sword thrust into his chest.

---*---

"I wish Li Xiang would trust us." sighed Aya.

"Don't worry they might come around." Satoshi said soothingly.

"Haruki, are you sure that it was all right to not get involved in their situation?" questioned Aya.

"Of course I'm sure." said Haruki.

`I still think he's wrong. I know it's not our business, but I do want to help them out.' Aya thought, `Ha ha, Kenji's right, I'm too helpful sometimes.'

Aya glanced out the window, and notice there was smoke rising in the air from outside.

"Hey, what is that?" Aya wondered. The three went outside to see where the smoke was coming from. People were screaming, and running around the place. Satoshi stopped one man to ask what was going on.

"Excuse me sir, but what is all the commotion?" Satoshi asked.

"There's a horrible fire. It's at the home of a traveling acrobat family!" replied the man.

"A fire, at Li Xiang's home?!" Satoshi gasped.

"We have to do something, Li Xiang's family might still be in there!" Aya cried.

The three heroes rushed towards Li Xiang's home to find it burning in a blazing fire.

"Aya! Satoshi! You two help put out the fire, I'll go inside to see if anyone is alive!" Haruki rushed into the burning building.

"Haruki wait, it's too dangerous!" Aya protested, but it was too late.

Satoshi placed a hand on her shoulder, "Don't worry, Haruki's a tough guy, he'll be all right."

`I hope so.' Aya thought worringly.

---*---

"Hello! Is anyone alive in here!" Haruki searched inside the house for any survivors. Haruki tried to go in one of the rooms, but he found that the blazing flames blocked his way. The archer took out his bow and arrow.

"Water Arrow!" Haruki released the arrow. The arrow started to morph into water, extinguishing the fires, and giving Haruki a way through. The archer found Li Xiang's entire family all on the floor lying motionless. He checked on them and noticed they weren't burned, but covered in warm blood.

"These people were murdered. Who could have done such a thing?" The archer heard a soft groaning sound from behind him. He turned around to see Li Xiang sprawled on the floor, her shirt was soaked with blood. Haruki rushed to her side, and checked her pulse. It was so faint.

"I have to get her out of here." Haruki scooped up the wounded acrobat in his arms, and bolted out of the burning building.

"Haruki!" cried Aya when she saw Haruki, with Li Xiang in his arms, dash out of the house.

"Is she all right?" Aya asked worryingly.

Satoshi checked Li Xiang's wound, "She's alive, but this wound is pretty serious."

"Let's go back to the inn, and we can heal Li Xiang." said Aya. The two men nodded in agreement and rushed to the hotel, with the barely alive Li Xiang in Haruki's arms.

---*---

`What do you want?!' Li Xiang demanded.

`The map, give it to me.' ordered Mako.

`Li Xiang, get out of here now!' ordered Li Xiang's mother.

`But mama-" Li Xiang protested.

`Go now!' Li Xiang's mother held up a sword and charged at Mako. Mako merely dodged the assault, and conjured up a small black beam to pierce the woman's heart. Li Xiang, watched in horror, as her mother collapsed to the floor, covered in a pool of her own blood.

`Mama, no!' Li Xiang cried. The acrobat clenched her weapon in anger.

`You...You...YOU MURDERER!' Li Xiang charged at Mako.

`Pathetic.' Mako smirked coldly at Li Xiang. The dark servant conjured up another black beam, and pierced Li Xiang in the stomach. A pained expression covered the acrobat's face. She collapsed against a wall, and slid down to the floor. Fortunately, Li Xiang was still barely alive.

A dark soldier appeared, `Master Mako, we couldn't find the map piece.'

`What a pity, I guess I killed the wrong people.' Mako smirked.

`The map!' thought Li Xiang. She had the map piece in her pocket! Before, Li Xiang lost consciousness, she heard Mako say something.

`Burn this place to the ground.'

---*---

Li Xiang's eyes snapped open, and sat up straight in bed. Wait a minute, how did she get in bed? She checked her wound and found it completely healed. Li Xiang felt a presence right next to her. She turned around and saw Haruki, sleeping in a chair, with a blanket wrapped around him.

`Did...Did he help me?' Li Xiang thought in wonder.

`The map, do I still have it?' Li Xiang thought. She reached into her pocket, and sighed in relief when she found it was still there.

Aya came into the room, "Oh, you're awake. Haruki healed your wound, the poor guy must be exhausted."

Aya shook Haruki to wake him up. Satoshi then came into the room.

"Hey, glad you're okay Li Xiang." Satoshi said kindly.

"Do you remember anything? What happened at that fire?" Haruki asked.

`My family, what about them? My parents, brothers, and sisters. Are they all right?' Li Xiang wondered.

"Everyone, did my family survived?" Li Xiang asked. The three fighters face showed a pain expression, and they remained silent.

"Well?"

Aya spoke up, "You were the only one who survived."

Li Xiang's eyes widen in shock. She clenched onto her blanket, "I see."

"Are you going to be all right?" Satoshi asked.

"Yes, but could you...leave me alone right now?" Li Xiang requested.

Aya smiled sadly, "Sure."

---*---

Later on that night...

"I'm worried about her." sighed Aya.

"We're all worried, but I'm sure she'll be fine." Satoshi said soothingly.

"Well, I can't take it anymore. You guys can stay there for all I care, but us girls got to look out for each other." Aya said matter-of-factly.

Aya knocked on Li Xiang's door, "Li Xiang, it's me Aya. I came to check on you."

The heroine waited for the acrobat's response, but there was no answer. Aya decided to enter her room anyway.

"Li Xiang, are you feeling all-" Aya found Li Xiang's bed empty, and the window was wide open.

"What? She's gone." Aya gasped.

---*---

"Maybe, I'll take a little walk." Haruki said to himself. The archer walked around the town, but stopped when he heard a familiar voice at the bar he was standing next to.

"That voice, it sounds like Li Xiang." Haruki entered the quiet bar. Inside, everyone was looking fixated on someone on the stage. To his surprise, it was Li Xiang, sitting on a stool and singing with a microphone in her hand. She was singing a sad, but beautiful song.

~

I'm standing in a clear meadow

My dreams fade away like the clouds

I lost my way to your comfort

And I wonder how long can I hold on

~

`She sings beautifully.' Haruki thought in amazement.

~

It's just isn't so easy

Things aren't what they use to be

But I keep holding onto my dreams

Catch me before I fall

Just hold my hand and never let go...

~

The song ended and everyone in the bar cheered wildly. Li Xiang took a bow and walked off stage.

"Not bad."

Li Xiang turned to see Haruki, "Haruki, you've been watching?"

Haruki nodded, "You still upset?"

"I am." replied Li Xiang.

`What can I say? I can't tell her to cheer up, her family is gone.' Haruki thought to himself.

"Li Xiang, Aya, Satoshi, and I have been wondering if you would like to come with us." said Haruki.

"Travel with the three of you?" Li Xiang questioned.

"It's all right if you don't want to."

"I want nothing more then to kill the one who did this to my family. I can't travel with you now" said Li Xiang.

"I see, you have revenge on your mind," Haruki stood up, "Would your family want that?"

"Then what do you expect from me?" Li Xiang snapped, "I can't let my family's death go unpunished!"

Haruki looked at her, "Right now, all you can think about is revenge, yet you failed to see what you true mission is. The mission your family can no longer continue."

Li Xiang looked sadden by this, "Then...what can I do?"

"I can't make your decisions for you. You have to figure that out on your own." As he said that, Haruki left Li Xiang to think.

---*---

The next day...

"What? Li Xiang, disappeared again?" Satoshi exclaimed.

"That's right, I went to go get her breakfast, but she wasn't there." said Aya.

"Do you know where she is, Haruki?" Satoshi asked.

"No idea." replied the archer, as he sipped some of his coffee.

"Too bad, I was going to ask her if she wanted to come with me to put flowers on her family's grave," Aya said disappointedly, "I guess I'll go without her."

"You want me to come with you?" Satoshi offered.

"Nah, I'll be fine." Aya gathered up a bouquet of flowers and went to place where Li Xiang's family was buried.

---*---

"I wish Li Xiang feels better soon. I do want her to come with us, and traveling with boys all the time gets a little boring." Aya said to herself. When Aya reached the burial, she found Li Xiang kneeling over her family's grave.

"Huh? It's Li Xiang." said Aya.

"Um, hey there Li Xiang! Are you feeling better?" Aya asked politely.

Li Xiang looked at her, "You gave them proper burials, didn't you?"

"Yeah, it's the least we can do," said Aya. "Look, I'm sort of like you Li Xiang. I never met my real family, but I got a new family now."

"You're adopted?" Li Xiang asked.

"Yeah, at first it took me awhile to get used to them, but next thing I knew I was calling my adoptive parent, my mom and dad," Aya chuckled, "I also got a big brother, but he's a bit of bossy, overprotective jerk."

---*---

Meanwhile in the real world...

"Hey, what does she mean by that?!" Kenji fumed.

---*---

Back to the anime world...

"And if someone killed your family, would you go and avenge their death." Li Xiang asked.

"No, I would move on, because that's what my family wants me to do," Aya replied, "My family, they want me to be happy, not stain my hands with blood."

Li Xiang was deep in thought. She then spoke, "I've decided...I want to go with you."

"What? Do you mean it?" Aya said excitingly.

"My mind has been focusing too much on revenge, and I almost forgot what my real mission is," said Li Xiang, "Besides I owe you one."

Aya smiled, `Li Xiang...maybe there's hope for you yet.'

The pupil of Tamahome, Satoshi speaking! Li Xiang has decided to come with us after all, and we finally made it to the kingdom of the famous martial artist, Ranma Satome. We find out that Ranma has one of the map pieces to the devil sword. To get it we have to enter in a Anything-goes-martial-arts-dancing-tournament. We have to watch out, because more of Yorunotobari's goons are going to be in our way. Next episode, `Anything-goes-martial-arts-dancing-competition'. Only on `The Eight Anime Kingdoms'. See ya there! ^_^V