Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction / Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ The Eight Anime Kingdoms ❯ Anything-goes-martial-arts-dancing-competition ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N Hello, all you reviewers out there! Here is the next chapter as promise, by the way I suggest you read a fic similar to my fic. It's call "Juliana, lady of the anime worlds" if you think she copied it, well your wrong. I almost thought she did at first, but I most have overreacted. Sorry if some of the characters seem OOC. On with the fic.

Anything-goes-martial-arts-dancing-competition.

---* ---

In the dark castle, Yorunotobari watched amusingly as Aya and the others got ready for their trip to Lord Ranma's kingdom. A smirk appeared on his handsome face, as he turned to the former Sailor Moon imprisoned inside a crystal cage next to his throne. Queen Serenity was alive, but she looked almost close to death.

"Well, I must admit Queen Serenity you chose your warriors wisely." He said darkly to the sleeping queen.

Two figures appeared before the dark lord, they bowed respectfully to him. One was a young woman with short silver hair, blue eyes, and had child-like features. The other was a young man, who looked similar to the woman, except masculine.

"My lord, we have found out that the Lord Ranma has a piece of the map." said the woman.

"Is that so? Investigate further, find some more information." ordered Yorunotobari.

"Yes, my lord." the two said in unison.

"And while you're at it, go kill that girl and her friends."

"Yes, my lord. We will not fail you." As they said that, they disappeared.

---*---

1 day before they've reached Lord Ranma's kingdom...

"Hey, Li Xiang! Are you ready?" Aya asked getting into a fighting position.

"I'm ready when you are!" smiled Li Xiang.

"Let's go!" The two shouted in unison. Li Xiang charged with a flying kick, but Aya dodged out of the way. Aya then did a somersault in mid-air and landed behind Li Xiang. Aya swept at her legs, but Li Xiang quickly jumped in the air. The two girls then began to exchange punches and kicks at each other.

"Man, those two sure love to spar with each other." commented Satoshi.

"It is good for Aya to actually spend sometime with someone her own gender." Haruki nodded solemnly.

"There fighting style is also alike. I say they're both evenly matched."

"Not exactly, though their fighting style is similar, Li Xiang is much faster, and Aya has more strength. Li Xiang lacks strength, so I'd say Aya has a bit of an advantage."

The two girls collapsed on the ground, panting heavily.

"I'm exhausted." Aya wheezed.

"Me too." Li Xiang panted.

"Wanna go for another round?"

"Okay!"

The two men fell over anime style.

---*---

"So where to Satoshi?" Aya asked the young pupil. Satoshi checked the map in his hand.

"It says here that we will be arriving in Lord Ranma's kingdom. All right I always wanted to meet Ranma!" Satoshi said excitingly. Aya knew about Ranma, but she didn't see why Satoshi was so excited to see him. She always did like the anime Ranma, so she wondered what it would be like to meet Ranma in person.

"And why are you so happy to meet him?" Aya asked

"Ranma Satome is famous for his martial arts. Some say he's practically a martial artist genius." Aya looked at him dumbfounded, then burst out laughing. Everyone gave her odd looks, as she continued laughing.

"Sorry but...hahaha...Ranma is anything...hahaha...but a genius! HAHAHAHAHA!"

"Why are you laughing? He is a genius!" yelled Satoshi.

"Satoshi, Satoshi, Satoshi," Aya shook her head. "If only you knew Ranma more than I do. If you think learning martial arts from a mummy Amazon and a panda who is your dad makes you a genius, then you need to get help. Ranma didn't learn all those special moves all on his own, you know. I also think that flashing your chest at opponents is not really much of strategy too."

"How did you know about that?" Satoshi asked her suspiciously. Aya forgot this was the anime world, these people know nothing about them being characters from a comic.

"Oh, um...I heard it from someone?" Lied Aya. Since Aya's companions were pretty gullible, they actually believed her.

"Well, wherever you heard this kind of thing, it's not true." Satoshi said matter-of-factly. Therefore, the groupie shrugged it off and continued their usual journey.

---*---

Ranma's Kingdom...

After a long walk, the four have finally arrived to Lord Ranma's kingdom. The four stared up in amazement at Ranma's palace, which resembled a Japanese mansion. In the front, there was a sign, where groups of people were standing around looking at it. Aya and the others squeezed their way through to look at it. It said:

'Attention, martial artist and dancers:

Lord Ranma has decided to have another Anything-goes-martial-arts- competition next Saturday at the Cat Cafe dance club. We will have a dancing competition for dancing couples only. The music theme shall be 'Techno Rave Dance Music." The prize will be a piece of the map of the legendary 'Devil Sword', a prize money of 200,000 gold zuni, and two weeks of learning martial arts from Lord Ranma himself. We hope to see you there!'

"All right, this is great! Ranma has the piece of the map! I didn't know the anime kingdoms were so modern. I wonder why they don't have any cars here though." wondered Aya.

"Cars were banned, because they caused air pollution and we didn't want any trees cut down to make streets. So people thought of other ways for transportation." explained Haruki.

"Aya do you read what it said? 'Dancing couples only' and some of us can't dance." pointed out Satoshi.

"Don't worry," There was small glint in Aya's eyes. "I'll enter in this competition and one of you boys have to do this with me.

"You can dance?" blinked Satoshi. Aya fell over anime style.

"Of course I can dance!" fumed Aya. "I've been dancing since I was young and I'm really good at it. But I'm going to need one of you boys to help me out, so I pick..." She pointed her finger at Satoshi. "...you Satoshi!"

"Wh-Wh-What? Why me? Why not Haruki?" stuttered Satoshi.

"Because it would be weird for a young gal like me to be dancing with an adult male. Besides, Haruki is the serious type, so he probably can't dance for shit." explained Aya.

"Hey." said the slightly peeved Haruki.

"Aya, I do not do dancing. I can hardly dance at all." indicated the young pupil.

"That won't be a problem, because I'll teach you." replied Aya. An annoying female laugh filled the air that belong to a sliver haired woman with a man standing next to her.

"OHOHOHOHOHOHO! You think you can beat us?" mocked the silver haired woman.

"Who the hell are you two?" demanded Li Xiang.

"Those two work for Yorunotobari." Haruki explained angrily.

"I'm Kana." said the silver haired woman.

"And I'm Yamato." said the silver haired man.

"And together we are..." They got into a weird pose.

"The Dark Duo!"

The four fighters looked at them with huge sweatdrops appearing on their heads.

"The Dark Duo? Not much of an original name, huh?" said Aya.

"Indeed." agreed Haruki.

"It's kind of embarrassing just listening to them." commented Satoshi.

"I know." replied Li Xiang. The two servants fell over anime style.

"Ohohohoho! Mock us will you?" sneered Kana.

"If you two think you have the chance of beating us at martial arts dancing then think again." mocked Yamato.

"Well, if you two are suppose to be Yorunotobari's servants then why don't you just take the map?"

asked Satoshi. Aya bopped him on the head.

"Don't give them ideas!" hissed the reincarnated priestess.

"I was just wondering! You didn't have to hit me for it!" shouted Satoshi.

"Heh, you two are never going to win if you concentrate on fighting each other then us." commented Yamato.

"I think they'll never win, especially since that girl has the grace of a little birdie." laughed Kana. Aya had a look of death on her face.

"What did you call me?" twitched Aya.

"What? You don't like to be called a little birdie?" Kana teased. (a/n I heard from somewhere that 'Aya' meant bird or woven silk. I'm not sure.)

"Nobody calls me 'Little Birdie' and gets away with it!" screamed Aya. "Just you two wait we'll beat you!"

"Ahahahahaha! Good luck then!" The two laughed bitterly and walked away.

"Aya, are you okay?" Li Xiang asked the still fuming Aya. The swordswoman was filled with great rage. She kept hearing Kana's annoying laugh and hearing her repeatedly saying...

'Little birdie, Little birdie, Little birdie...'

"I'll make her pay!" Aya's clenched fist shook with anger.

"I'm guessing that you had a little history about this 'Little birdie' thing." asked Haruki.

"Yeah, it all happened back at the orphanage." The scene started to go blurry as we start the flash back.

---*---

'It was play time in the orphanage and I was going to the toy chest to play with blocks.' said Aya's voice over.

We see a younger, cute, more innocent looking Aya walking over to the toy chest picking up blocks.

'And then one of the orphans stupidly left their roller skates lying on the floor.'

The little Aya was about to go back to her spot when she tripped over a roller skate. She dropped her bricks and tried to prevent herself from falling by flapping her arms...like a bird.

'Ever since that day everyone called me 'Little Birdie'.'

---*---

"Every time I hear someone call me 'Little Birdie' makes my blood boil!" screamed Aya.

"Well, I guess if someone gave me an embarrassing childhood nickname I guess I would get mad too." piped in Li Xiang.

"I guess I would too." said Satoshi.

"Satoshi I knew you would understand! So will you help me?" asked Aya.

"Well," Satoshi looked thoughtful. "Okay, I'll help you out, but you have to teach me how to dance."

"All right I knew you'd help me out!" She gave Satoshi a big hug, causing him to blush.

"H-H-Hey! N-No need to get all excited! Could you let go of me now? People are watching!" Satoshi said all embarrassed.

"He he, do you smell puppy love, Haruki?" giggled Li Xiang.

"No, just idiocy." Haruki rolled his eyes.

To be continued...

Hello everyone, it's the beautiful Li Xiang here. Aya and Satoshi are getting ready for the competition, but what's this? Ranma's old rival Ryoga, and the okonomiyaki chief Ukyo are helping us out by teaching us Anything-goes-martial-arts-dancing-competition. With new moves and a new look, Aya and Satoshi might have a chance to win, but it looks like somebody is in their way of doing that. Next episode "Shall we dance?" only on "The Eight Anime Kingdoms" bye for now! ^_^V