Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Angelic Layer Fan Fiction ❯ An unlikely adventure ❯ Secrets Revealed Part 1 ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Angel: Long time no see! Literally! I'm so glad to be home where the Internet and cable is available! Well we flew in a few days ago and man did I feel good coming back home!! It's like we never left! And I'm so sorry for not posting in such a long time but none of my relatives in the desert have the Internet!

Demon: Oh joy…

Kagome: It's good to be back!

Inuyasha: Whatever…

Sesshomaru: I really don't care…

Sango: Alright! I can't wait for this new chapter to get a good kickoff! Now Angel and Demon don't own Inuyasha or Yu Yu Hakusho or Angelic Layer! All they own are Rai, Okami, Sakura, Rai's parents, Okami's mom, and Wakaijosei!

Demon: Some people have asked, ` What's going to happen to everyone once Raimei wakes up again?' Well you know what? I seriously don't know…

Angel: On with the story!!!! XP

Chapter 14: Secrets RevealedPart1

Okami sat on the roof of Kagome's house. He liked basking in the moon's light. A breeze blew in and hit his face with cool air. What was he going to do? Raimei is in terrible danger and yet…he really couldn't do anything. He felt so useless. All of a sudden he heard voices below. He looked over the side of the roof. His dog had just pounded on one boy of a group of four. He sighed then yelled, "Hidoi-obake! I can't believe you're attacking visitors!" All of the boys below swung their heads up and stared at Okami. Okami's dog stopped and whined. "Go home!" Okami yelled as he jumped from the roof onto the ground. At that command the dog retreated into the bushes. He smiled at all of them before beckoning for them to come inside.

-------------------

Yusuke stared at the boy. He was the one at the Angel-whatever when they went to get Raimei. Kurama helped him up and they all followed him inside. Sitting at the kitchen table Kagome and some other woman. The other woman made Yusuke jump for she had orange eyes. Both had worried faces. Once she saw them Kagome jumped out of her seat and grabbed Yusuke by the collar, "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! It's almost eleven and you show up NOW!? What a bad timing you've got, Yusuke Urameshi!"

"Uh…Bye Yusuke! I've gotta go home!" Kuwabara said and with that he ran out of the door.

Hiei sighed, " I guess he forgot we are supposed to stay here." Kurama nodded in agreement. The kid disappeared somewhere as Yusuke looked around and he noticed that Botan was missing too.

Then a question popped in Yusuke's head, "Hey where's those guys Inuyasha and Koga?" At that Kagome dropped him and looked grave as she stared down at her feet.

The other woman stood up and spoke, " Inuyasha is in critical condition…Koga too. Raimei is also in bad a state but she'll recover soon. Thank you for reminding me. I have to check up on them."

With that she turned and left the room. Kurama looked at Hiei and Hiei did the same. They followed the other woman Kagome collapsed on the floor and began crying, "Oh Inuyasha…" Yusuke kneeled down and hugged his poor cousin. She really liked this Inuyasha guy.

They stayed like that for a moment before Yusuke helped her up, "Come on Kagome. Tell me what's really going on here. If you do I'll tell you where I went."

She nodded and sat at the kitchen table and told her cousin everything about how the well leads to the Feudal Era, about Inuyasha and his relationship with her and Kikyo, all about Kikyo and how she hayed her for trying to kill Inuyasha. Then she told Yusuke about Miroku, Sango and Shippo and Kaede and about Naraku and his minion/incarnations and his plan to restore the Shikon no tama and then try to use it for evil. Basically she told him EVERYTHING. And in his turn Yusuke told her everything about his detective work and about his friends and essentially everything including his new mission.

"Wow, Kagome I didn't know you had so many problems!" exclaimed Yusuke.

"Yeah…" sighed Kagome as she slumped over the table, "I hope Inuyasha and Raimei will be okay also…They both got really hurt and all of their wounds from their first battle had opened again. Do you think you can handle her? I mean not even Inuyasha and Koga could."

"Eh, don't worry we are more powerful than you think!" Yusuke answered with confidence "But where's your mom and the others?"

Kagome sighed, "They left to stay at your house for a little bit…until this is all cleared up."

"And where is Raimei?" Kagome's cousin asked. She stood and motioned for him to follow her up stairs into her room where Inuyasha and Raimei rested. The woman was looking over Inuyasha while Kurama and Hiei stood at the far end of the room. The woman sighed and stood up, "I forgot to introduce myself. I am Uryo Tsuki and I bet you are Yusuke, Kurama and Hiei. And my son, Okami is the boy who led you inside." She smiled "Kagome be a dear and get me some more cold water."

Kagome nodded and headed back down stairs. Yusuke sighed and looked over to the window. Outside the Okami kid was sitting right by it, his back leaning against the glass, but soon he stood and jumped away. The kid was strange; Yusuke couldn't put his finger on what was strange about him. It was silent for a moment, with the woman fixing up Raimei who lay on the floor on a mat next to Inuyasha.

Hiei interrupted the silence by yawning; " Damn this is so boring. Nothing is going to happen to I might as well get some shut eye." With that he left the room. Uryo laughed lightly as Kagome came into the room with a bowl of cold water and a piece of cloth.

-----------------------------

"Raimei…Raimei…"

"Who's there?"

"Oh you know who I am…But do you know who you are?"

"What do you mean?" she began to sweat. The girl felt her head getting hot and began to shake.

"Do you know who you really are?"

"I'm Raimei Tamashi! No one else!"

" Oh, but you are! Just dig deep…" the voice laughed evilly

" GET. OUT. OF. MY. HEAD!" Raimei yelled telepathically.

"But I can't… you know that!"

" Stop…this isn't your body! This is mine I can control everything that happens here!"

" Why don't you tell Inuyasha that? I'll bet he'd beg to differ! But, wait. He can't because he's about to die!" the voice laughed louder.

"What do you want with me? What did I do to you!?"

"Nothing."

"So then why attack everyone around me?"

" It's my duty as a curse being… To KILL everything in my sight…"

"You're not taking control of me again! I swear it!" Raimei clenched her fists both mentally and physically so much she felt pain shoot through her like a bullet. Then she saw a figure of a man. She knew who it was. Tears streamed down the girl's face. Once again her breath became short gasps and she began to shake more violently than ever. The pain was so much her eyes shot open and she sat up and screamed, "Otosaaan!!!!"

-------------------

Kagome gasped as soon as Raimei began shaking she kneeled over the little girl, " Ms. Uryo! She's getting warm and her whole face is covered in sweat!"

"Oh, no! The curse being entered her mind…!" Uryo stopped tending to Inuyasha and wet the rag in the cold water Kagome had fetched and laid it over Raimei's forehead. Yusuke watched his heart raced. What if this was it??? What if this is the end? What if she dies right now!! Hiei and Kurama didn't look as worried as Yusuke himself did though their faces began to show dismay. Kagome moved out of the way so Ms. Uryo could sit over Raimei. The miko placed her hand over the rag on Raimei's forehead and applied pressure to it, "I'll give you some of my powers to help you fight it. Fight the curse Raimei!"

Tears began to run escape Raimei's eyelids and she started to tremble. Uryo applied move pressure to the girl's forehead, but it seemed to do no good until the girl's eyes flew open and she sat up, her chest heaved wildly, and screamed, "Otosaaan!" Uryo jumped back and so did Kagome. Raimei threw the blankets off of her, stood up and ran out of the room.

Kagome ran after the girl down the stairs and out into the night, " Raimei!! What are you doing?!" Raimei stopped at the edge of the trees and collapsed onto the ground.

"He's gone…"

"Who's gone??"

"'My father…"

"What?!"

-----------------------

A dark figure stood in the shadows of the crescent moonlight. It was waiting for someone. A few minutes later another dark figure came.

"And when have you been?"

"I've been distracted. Anyways you're mate doesn't know you're here? And neither does the pup?"

"No. She doesn't know anything. Not even of her native blood or what the danger all of use are in... As for the pup I do not know if she's found out. It will happen soon! I know it! If you don't do the job soon all of us will die either way! And why were you distracted and by what?"

"Why should I tell you? I'll get the job done! Don't worry…" the second figure chuckled

" You kill her tonight OR ELSE! That was what you were born for!"

"Fine I'll try tonight! I'll wait until she's lowered her guard…Trust me that's going to be not long from now…"

"I hope so…I've waited a hundred years for this! But if you don't get this assignment done I'll have your head, you damn wolf!" the first figure growled menacingly and grabbed the other by the collar.

"Down boy!" the second figure teased "I'll get her before the competition does, don't worry."

"Hold on…Competition?"

"Oh you don't know…? There are others who want her head just as you do! Trust me! It won't be easy…It takes time. If her body guards find me they'll be thinking the wrong thing!"

"I've suffered more than you have…Get rid of…"

" Otosaaan!!"

Both figures turned in the direction of the house not far away. A girl ran out the door and was running towards them. Both figures disappeared in a matter of seconds before she came within ten feet of them.

---------------------------

Kagome looked around she didn't see anyone. She helped Raimei up and walked back inside. She looked at the younger girl and sighed, "You're wounded! You just can't go running around because of some dream! No one was there, Raimei… Just calm down and go back to sleep…"

Soon they were back in Kagome's room and Uryo moved Raimei's mat under the slightly open window. As soon as she laid down Raimei fell into a deep sleep. Yusuke sighed and went downstairs and laid on the couch. Kurama went to sleep on the roof. Hiei had fallen asleep in the Goshinboku Tree. Kagome stayed up, sitting next to Inuyasha, a distressed look on her face as she stared down at him. `If I wasn't so vulnerable he wouldn't always get hurt like this…' she thought. Finally she fell asleep, leaning back on her desk.

Later that night a dark shadow slid into the house after picking at the lock of the front door. It glided like air as it crept through the house, not making a sound. Not even the demons could hear or sense its presence. It crept up the stairs and slid into a room. The shadow drew something long and sharp that gleamed in the moon's light from the window.

It crept over to a girl lying on a mat under the window when it heard a scream. It turned to see the other girl, her face full of fright. Then the injured demon sat up and drew his sword though he could barely hold it up. Then his prey sat up and stood up and backed away, her weight leaning against the window. It turned and raised the knife and stabbed the girl. But she moved back at the last moment she moved and the blade hit her shoulder. The girl yelled in pain and pressed so hard on the window she broke it and fell out of the window, falling to the ground below.

END CHAPTER

Angel: Man, what a great chapter that was! I…I feel so…refreshed…

Demon: This time I must agree with you…

Kagome: I guess I'm the major character in this chapter?

Sango: I think you and Yusuke were…

Inuyasha: I'm not ever going to get to fight…

Sesshomaru: I wasn't even in it…

Angel: You're just not a main character in this fic…but you are still good for adding the drama! Anyways please read and review!