Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Defy Your Fate ❯ First Encounter ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer : I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho OR Inuyasha, I'm just borrowing them.

"Speaking"
'Thinking'
Telepathy

Oh yeah, when I mentioned about pairings, here are the pairings of the fic. Yus/Kei, Inu/Kag, Mir/San, you know, the usual, Oh, and there will be some Yus/Kag moments, but it's still Inu/Kag, there are also some pairings I'll ask for a vote later on. I also want to declare that some of the characters will die. Yes, someone, or some people will die, so if you don't want to see any of your favorite characters die, don't read this fic. Anyway, here's the 6th chapter of the fic.

In the previous chapter, Yusuke and the Inuyasha-ikkou met some trouble going to Kaede's village, Naraku trouble. Trying to get back to his own time, Yusuke, Kagome and Inuyasha went into the well at the same time, but unfortunately, it failed. Now that they have a plan, which is to find Naraku and get his Shikon no Tama piece to be able to get back, what will become of them?

Chapter 6:

After thinking of what will be their next move, Yusuke, Kagome, and Inuyasha walked back to Kaede's village. "Hey, you know I've been wondering, what was that white monkey thing doing there anyway?" asked Raizen's successor.

"I don't know, but I'm sure it was watching us," said Kagome. "Watching us?" "Yeah, Naraku send one of his kugutsu to spy on people, which is mostly us." "That cowardly bastard can't even fight us face to face," said Inuyasha.

"Why was it spying on us?" asked Yusuke, "We don't have anything special." "Um... it's kinda complicated to explain..." said Kagome. "Try me." "Well... you know when I said that we should get the rest of the Shikon no Tama?" Yusuke nodded. "And when I also said that it's a jewel?" Yusuke nodded again. "It kinda started a year ago, when I first came here, and I... accidentally... shattered the jewel into many shards, and they scattered everywhere." "Ohh, so how were you able to find them?" "We were able to find them because I can somehow sense where they are when they're nearby." "Hmm... so if it's been a year, how many do you have?" By this time Kagome felt a little embarrased, while Inuyasha snorted, watching them. Kagome then pulled something out of her blouse and showed it to Yusuke, which it seems to be a small glass casing, with a small shard in it, the shard was shining a color purple and from it, Yusuke felt something, but could not identify what it was.

"Huh? Is this it?" asked Yusuke. Kagome nodded to the question, "This is all we have." "Whaat!? You had a year to find this things and only one!?" "Hey! Don't yell at her!" yelled Inuyasha, "It's not her fault! We found most of the shards, but that bastard Naraku stole it from us!" Yusuke and Kagome looked at him and just stood there. For a while, the three of them stayed quiet, Yusuke broke the silence, he grinned again and said, "Why are you so defensive pf her all of a sudden, huh?" Inuyasha tried to hide his blush and replied, "W-what're you talking about! I'm not being defensive!" 'Heheh, It's fun pissing this guy off,' thought Yusuke. 'I really wanna kick this guy's ass,' thought Inuyasha. 'Why can't Inuyasha be honest?' thought Kagome.

"Well anyway, how many of the shards did this Naraku get anyway?" asked Yusuke. Inuyasha and Kagome looked at him and didn't say annything. Kagome then suddenly pushed Inuyasha and told him to be the one to tell Yusuke. "What, why me?!" said Inuyasha. "I've already told a lot of things, now you be the one to tell him."

"Fine, but," he said as he turned to Yusuke, "When I tell you this, you'd better tell me what's your deal, why do you smell like a youkai but hardly even look like one, deal?" "Deal." "Hunh, Naraku already has most of the shards." 'Wow, that's pretty straight forward,' thought Kagome.

"How many?" asked Yusuke. "All he needs is two more shards, the one we have, and one other." Yusuke remained silent, Inuyasha was prepared to kick this guy hard if he yelled at him, while Kagome waited for the expected yelling. Both of them waited, but no yell came, when they looked at Yusuke, he was... smiling?

"Heh heh, that makes the job easier, we don't have to go traveling everywhere," said Yusuke. 'Easier? This guy's gotta be kidding!' thought Inuyasha. 'I really can't understand him, at least Inuyasha's more predictable,' thought Kagome.

"You say it makes it easier, but we've been looking everywhere for him and it. is. not. easy!" yelled Inuyasha. "Why? Where does he hide?" "I don't know where he hides!?"

"Wherever he is, he puts up a barrier where we can't sense his ki, OR find his scent," said Kagome. "Hunh," said Yusuke, he then started to walk to the direction of the village. "Hey! What about your deal!?" yelled Inuyasha. "Huh? Oh that, I'll tell ya later, I can see the village," said Yusuke.

Yusuke thought about it while they walked to the village, when someone called out for Kagome, "Kagome!!" yelled a small voice, when Yusuke looked to see who it was, there was a small kitsune hopping over to them, with bandages on his nose and some on his arm.

"Kagome, you're all right!" said the little kitsune. "Shippo! I'm glad to see YOU'RE all right, even with your injuries," said Kagome as she hugged Shippo, "How're the others? Are they awake?" she asked. Shippo shook his head, "Both Sango and Miroku are still unconscious, but Kirara is awake, but he needs a lot of rest," by this time, he finally took notice of Yusuke, and right from the scent, he could tell the other is a youkai, "Who are you?" "The name's Yusuke, what's yours?" "Shippo." "Nice to meet ya," said Yusuke, "I saw what you did back there with the youkai, and am really impressed." "Really?" "Yeah, that youkai would have killed you with just one strike, even could've cut you in half, your lucky to be alive." Shippo couldn't help but gulp from the comment. Yusuke laughed and placed his hand on Shippo's head and rubbed it a little, "Sorry 'bout that, but stay away from guys like that next time, all right?"

As they finally arrived at the village, Kagome went straight to the hut where her friends were, Yusuke and Inuyasha followed inside. Inside was Kaede, and the fallen ones. "Oh, Kagome, you're back," she then spotted the other boy, "Have you forgotten something?" she talked to Yusuke. "Nah, I haven't forgotten anything." "Then what's the problem?" "Lady Kaede," said Kagome, "There appears to be a problem." "What is it?" "The well seems to have closed." "The well?" Kaede seemed a little startled, "Do any of you know how this has happened?" "Yeah, it's this guy's fault," Inuyasha pointed to Yusuke. "Why do you always blame me!?!" shouted Yusuke. Kagome shushed him, and he kept quiet.

After keeping quiet, Yusuke saw that the one in monk's robes started to come to. Miroku groaned at the pain he's in, but noticed Kagome watching him, "Kagome?" "Oh, Miroku, you're awake, how are your wounds?" asked Kagome. "They hurt a lot, but they'll get better," this time, he spotted the person that was with them when they fought the youkai, "...You?" "What about me?" asked Yusuke. "Were you the one that saved us?" "Keh. He didn't save anyone, the youkai ran away," said Inuyasha. "Yeah, we were lucky," said Yusuke, suprizing Inuyasha.

Miroku saw Inuyasha's expression and wanted to laugh, but stopped because of the pain in his chest, "Well, what happened when the youkai ran away?" asked Miroku. "Well we carried you and the others back to the village," said Kagome, but the other two thought different, 'WE carried? she didn't carry anything!' "Oh, and we were attacked by one of Naraku's kugutsu."

"Naraku's kugutsu?" said Miroku, his face turning serious, and Yusuke took notice of this. 'This Naraku guy must really be bad news if all of them takes him seriously,' He then looked at Shippo and saw that the little kitsune also takes Naraku seriously. "Why was Naraku's kugutsu there?" asked Miroku. "It must've been there to steal the Shikon shard," said Inuyasha, "It DID attack Kagome." Miroku didn't say anything. "What's wrong Miroku?" asked Kagome. "It's just, do you know how long has that kugutsu been there?" Kagome looked at Inuyasha, and he just shrugged, she then looked back and shook her head.

Miroku then thought for a bit and told the others, "If the kugutsu watched the whole fight, then Naraku would have seen what has happened to us." "Then he might try to attack us and get the Shikon shard," Inuyasha growled in realizing this, if he wasn't too injured, he'd be eager for Naraku.

"Heh," said a smirking Yusuke. Shippo and Miroku looked surprized, but Inuyasha and Kagome knew what he thought. "What's funny?" asked Shippo. "Looks like we don't have to search anywhere, coz the Shikon will be coming to us." Shippo and the others, except Inuyasha, sweatdropped at this, and all thought that his thinking reminds them of Inuyasha. Around this time Sango started to become conscious too. "Sango, you're up," said Kagome. "The youkai is gone?" asked the Taijiya. "Yeah... but we have another problem, Naraku may be coming for us," said Inuyasha out of the blue, and Kagome tried to shut his mouth by saying, "Osuwari!" and Inuyasha finally kept quiet.

"What?" said Sango as she tried to get up, but Kagome stopped her, "Don't get up, you need to rest." "But Naraku may be coming!" "Don't worry, I'll handle that guy," said Yusuke. Sango then turned to him, "You?" "Yeah, me," said Yusuke, "Like I said, I'll handle this Naraku."

Inuyasha recovered from the punishment, and started to feel annoyed with what Yusuke said, 'He says he'll handle Naraku, but he doesn't have any idea on what kind of a sick bastard he is, not only that, he also has the Shikon no Tama.' Yusuke then walked out of the hut and waited for the attack, followed by Inuyasha.

"Who is that?" asked Sango, and Kagome went ahead and revealed all that she knows. After the story telling, nighttime came.



+Naraku's castle+

Naraku stood there and waited for what Kagura's report. "Naraku, what should we do with the Inuyasha-ikkou and their new guest?" asked Hakudoushi. "Why? Do you want to pay a visit?" "They're seriously injured, now is the perfect opportunity to get their Shikon shard." "But you forget, Inuyasha is a very persistent youkai, and from what I saw, their guest is just as stubborn, not to mention Kagome is not injured." Hakudoushi now seems confused as to why Naraku won't attack the Inuyasha-ikkou.

Suddenly, from the window, Kagura entered, riding her big feather. "Well?" asked Naraku. "I...couldn't find him," said Kagura. "Couldn't find him?" repeated Naraku. "I looked all over, but it was like he disappeared." Naraku then thought for a while, and turned to Hakudoushi, "I guess it's time to see how the others are," said Naraku, and then sent some low-level youkai toward the village, "You did say you want to visit them, right?" Naraku faced towards Hakudoushi.

Hakudoushi smirked at this, he finally gets the chance to see who is the Inuyasha-ikkou's new guest. He then created a barrier that surrounded his body and flew away with the several youkai.

"Naraku... why are you interested in the youkai that nearly annihilated the Inuyasha-ikkou?" asked Kagura, not knowing why she even asked, since she already knows the answer. "I know that you know the answer to that, Kagura," Naraku said, "That youkai's strength will take my perfect form to the next level."

Kagura felt hopeless, 'If he managed to absorb the youkai, he can't be stopped,' she thought, 'but he knows that I'm betraying him, if I help the Inuyasha-ikkou, I'll die... but if I don't, I'll never be free...' she looked toward Naraku, who is looking outside his castle, planning something up.




While Naraku was thinking up some plan against the Inuyasha-ikkou, the group themselves were still asking questions. Miroku has been asking Sango how is she, while trying to cuddle up. Kagome has been taking care of the two of them, including Shippo and Kirara. And Yusuke and Inuyasha are bickering outside like little kids.

"Answer my question!" demanded Inuyasha. "Why the hell should I!?" Yusuke answered back. "Coz I've been asking you what's your deal, for the past few moments!" "I'd never tell a stupid dog!"

They started to get in each others face, readying their hands for some punching and slashing. "Are you not going to stop them?" Miroku asked Kagome from inside the hut. "You have no idea how long they keep arguing, from the time the youkai ran away to the time we came here, they've been bickering," Kagome replied, "They would probably even argue in their sleep!" she finished.

"Wow... they're worse than when me and Inuyasha yell at each other," added Shippo. "Yeah..." Miroku and Sango said together. "Kagome, call them in, the food's ready," said Kaede, not annoyed by the loud shouting.

"You're two hundred fifty years old!?" Yusuke shouted, surprized of Inuyasha's age. "Yeah, since you said you're 17, that means that I'm older and you should respect me!" "What! Like hell I'd respect you!"

"Hey you guys!" Kagome's shouting couldn't catch their attention. They were busy grappling each other, Inuyasha was holding Yusuke in a full nelson. Yusuke then countered by sliding down the hold and grappled Inuyasha's head in a sleeper hold, he did this while Inuyasha was pulling the side of Yusuke's mouth.

"You guys!!" Kagome shouted louder, which finally caught their attention. "Oh, hey Kagome," Inuyasha said while still in the sleeper hold. "Whaaas a?" Yusuke asked, but it wasn't clear coz the sides of his mouth are still being pulled.

"The food's ready! Get inside!" Kagome yelled at them. "Alright!" Inuyasha yelled, "Did you cook ramen?" he asked.

"Ramen? here?" Yusuke asked. "Oh, I bring food from our time, just for them to know what the food is like in the future," Kagome answered. "Ohhh."

Once the both of them came in the hut, once again they fought for the food and yelling at each other. "Hey! That's my bowl of ramen!" yelled Inuyasha. "No way it's mine!" Yusuke yelled back.

"I reached for it first!"

"But I got it first in my plate!"

"Well I deserve it more!"

"Why!?"

"It's coz he likes ramen," Kagome said.

"What? he likes ramen?" repeated Yusuke. "Oh, he doesn't like ramen, he's obsessed with it," Kagome added.

"He's obsessed with ramen?" Yusuke said looking at Inuyasha, who growled at everything being told about him.

"Kagome, why are you telling this guy everything?!" Inuyasha yelled. "That's because he seems like a nice guy," Kagome replied. Yusuke blushed a little at this, his friends hardly say he's a nice guy, but this girl who he hardly even knew says he is one.

"Hey dog-boy, you're probably not nice to your girlfriend if you and her keep arguing like this," Yusuke said. "Girlfriend!?" Kagome blushed.

"Girl-friend?" Inuyasha didn't understand. Yusuke then smirked and placed his arm around Inuyasha, "Dog-boy, a girlfriend is a girl who you really really.." he didn't finish, coz Kagome said that word. "Osuwari!" Inuyasha's face then crashing down, knocking Yusuke's bowl of ramen along with him.

"Nooo!" Yusuke shouted. By this time Inuyasha got up and yelled at Kagome, "What did you do that for!?" Kagome responded with "I accidentally said it."

"Accidentally my ass!" Inuyasha was yelling louder and louder. "My ramen!" Yusuke also shouted. Inuyasha then turned around to see the spilt ramen on the ground, "My ramen!"

"It's was MY ramen!" Yusuke yelled.

"No it's MINE!" Inuyasha yelled back.

"Mine!"

"Mine!"

"Mine!"

"Mine!"
"JUST SHUT UP ALREADY!!!" the others yelled at them in unison.

Finally calming down, the whole hut stopped rocking and the noises were now gone. Inside the hut, Inuyasha was seating beside Kagome, while Yusuke was sitting beside Miroku and Sango. The others tried to shut either of the two up when they start talking to each other.

Kagome finally sighed, thankful of the quiet room. And from out of nowhere, Miroku went ahead and asked a question to Yusuke, "I guess we haven't formally introduced ourselves," he said, raising his hand toward Yusuke, "My name is Miroku, I'm a monk." Yusuke shook hands with the monk and turned to the one named Sango.

"My name is Sango, I'm a taijiya no mura." "Taijiya?" asked Yusuke. "She's a youkai exterminator," said Kagome. Yusuke sweatdropped a little, and shook hands with the taijiya and turned to the little kitsune and the cat.

"Mine is Shippo, and her name is Kirara," Shippo raised his hand while Kirara purred. Yusuke shook hands with the kitsune and petted the little cat's head. "You know I bet Kuwabara's gonna keep hugging you and kissing you," Yusuke said as he looked at Kirara, who purred.

"Kuwabara?" asked Kagome. "Oh, he's a friend of mine back in the future," answered Yusuke. He then looked at the others, "Oh yeah, my name's Yusuke Urameshi." the others then nodded thewir heads to him.

"So, Yusuke, I have a question for you," said Miroku. "Go ahead," Yusuke replied. "Hey! Why do you answer their question except mine!" Inuyasha yelled, but Kagome shushed him.

"When we fought that youkai, what kind of ki did you use?" asked Miroku. "Oh that, you mean you've sensed a youki before? including a reiki?" Yusuke countered the question.

"Youki yes, and the reiki," Miroku answered. "Well, the one I used is called Sei Kou Ki."

"Sei Kou Ki?" asked the others. "Yeah, it's a special kind of ki that's said that only one out of a million can use, it's shine is like that of a golden light, and can increase the power of any user greatly."
The others nodded, trying to understand what he meant. Yusuke tried to show them, concentrating his ki in order to create the Sei Kou Ki.

Inuyasha and the others then saw a shining golden light coming from Yusuke, they felt the power behind it, but couldn't tell how deep it goes, and suddenly the light stopped.

'This guy, he's strong,' thought Sango, Miroku and Shippo. Kagome thought, 'He could really be helpful to us.' While Inuyasha thought differently, 'Damn, he could be stronger than me, my only chance is my Bakuryuuha...'

"Wow, was that the Sei Kou Ki?" asked Shippo. "Well, not exactly, my version's different," Yusuke replied.

"How different is yours?" asked Miroku. "Mine is a combination of reiki and youki."

"A combination of both!?" exclaimed Sango.

"How is that possible? are you a hanyou too?" asked Kagome. "Nah, I was once a ningen though," said Yusuke.

"WHAAT!?!" the Inuyasha-ikkou yelled altogether, "How is that possible!?"

"It's hard to explain, but first, you guys tell me something about yourselves," Yusuke faced Miroku, "Like, what is the deal with your hand," he then faced Sango, "How can you carry that huge boomerang?" turned to Kagome, "What was that ki that you used on my-uhh- I mean the youkai," and asked Inuyasha, "And why do you have dog-ears?"

"Hey! What about me?" asked Shippo. "I'll ask about you later, kid, and the cat," he pointed to Kirara.

Before the others even talked about them, they heard a shouting from the outside. "Youkai!" some of the villagers yelled. Yusuke and the others then came outside to see dozens of youkai coming to the village.

"I think this is Naraku's plan," Miroku said. "He sends all this low-level youkai?" Yusuke wondered. "Low-level?" asked Inuyasha.

"I'll tell ya later, for now, I'll handle this," Yusuke said confidently, and walked towards the path of the youkais.

In a few seconds, Yusuke eliminated all the youkai without even breaking a sweat, "Ah, that was a good warm-up after doing nothing for a few hours."

Inuyasha and the others couldn't believe it, this guy just defeated at least a hundred youkai with his bare hands, and saying it was a warm-up!

"Huh huh huh," someone snickered. Inuyasha looked up into the sky, and spotted a familiar face. "Hakudoushi!"

Yusuke looked up and saw a small kid, holding a spear, levitating in the sky and has a barrier around him. "Who's that? Naraku?" he asked.

"No, he's one of Naraku's incarnations," said Kagome.

"Incarnations?" Yusuke asked again. "It means that he was created by Naraku," she replied.

"Heheheh, Inuyasha, looks like you're being outclassed by a stranger," Hakudoushi taunted.

"Shut up!" Inuyasha drew his sword and swung it, "KAZE NO KIZU!!!" the wind attack didn't break through the barrier, and suddenly the attack was sent right back at them.

"What's the deal with this kid?!" Yusuke asked his new companions. "His barrier has the ability to reflect back any projectile attacks!" Kagome shouted among the flying dust.

Hakudoushi then removed the barrier and went to attack Yusuke's back, but met with nothing. "Huh?" Hakudoushi turned around to be punched hard right in the face and crashing right into the forest.

Kagome and the others saw it, Yusuke easily landed a punch on Hakudoushi, and sent him crashing.

But from the forest emerged Hakudoushi in his barrier, he still has a wound on his cheek, but seemed fine. "It seems I have underestimated you, you're stronger than you look, see you later," and as fast as he arrived, Hakudoushi just left.

"Hey! Get back here!" Inuyasha yelled and prepared his sword, "KONGOSOUHA!!!" the diamonds managed to rip through the barrier and tore Hakudoushi to pieces. "Woah! Nice move there man," Yusuke complimented.

Hakudoushi then started to regenerate and form into his whole body, "Nice try," he smirked. "Damn! What's this kid made of!" Yusuke was suprized, and suddenly Hakudoushi flew and disappeared.

After the very short fight, Yusuke looked around if everyone's all right, seemed they were. 'Alright, first I had to fight my old man, then argued with dog-boy, and then fought this weird kid that can regenerate himself, and all this in one day! jesus this is one rough time.'

Inuyasha cursed under his breath and ran over to Kagome, "Kagome, are you all right?" "Yeah," Kagome replied.

"That was quick," Sango barely even heard her voice. "Yusuke easily made Hakudoushi leave," said Miroku. "Wow he's strong," Shippo said.

Inuyasha looked toward Yusuke and couldn't help but growl, 'This guy is such a show-off.' Kagome then stood up and faced Yusuke, "Thank you, you really are a help in our group." Inuyasha stared at him, this guy is getting a lot of attention from Kagome, and not even talking to him much, 'Keh,'



After everything that has happened, they all went and prepared to go to sleep, in the hut, Kagome, Shippo, Kirara and Sango were sleeping on the floor, while Miroku and the guys slept on the corners. Inuyasha and Yusuke mumbling in their sleep, perhaps arguing against each other.

'Hmm, I wonder what will happen tomorrow?' thought Kagome, as she slowly opened her eyes and looked outside the window. The night sky was shining brightly with the stars, and she then spotted a shooting star. 'Please, I wish that we manage to get back the Shikon no Tama and go back home,' she wished, but then thought of what will happen when they DO get back the Shikon.

'What will happen? What about Inuyasha and the others?' she worried, and worried, and finally worried herself to sleep.







Converting /tmp/phpNqHPt3 to /dev/stdout