Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Defy Your Fate ❯ An Evil Plan ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer : I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho OR Inuyasha, I'm just borrowing them.

"Speaking"
'Thinking'
Telepathy

Tenkai - Heaven



(A/N:Sorry for the long update, I've been stricken with a serious case of writer's block. It's been what, around three months now? Oh, and you reader's may find this chapter a little boring, well that's because I had such a hard time trying to put this together. So if you didn't like this chapter, please e-mail me, or put it in the reviews.


And I also want to say that I completely forgot about mediaminer for a while, sorry about that.)



Anyway, here's the 7th chapter.





After successfully sealing the infamous Yusuke Urameshi, the captain of Enma's defense force, along with the rest of them, has finally arrived back in Reikai. Upon arriving, he told his men to relax and go back to their rooms, they complied.


Walking toward Enma Daiyoh's office to give his report, the captain met up with the spirit guide, Botan. He remembered when she first came to work for this place, she was always nervous wondering when her first job would be, weird enough, from the files he read, her first spirit to bring here was the infamous spirit detective himself, Yusuke Urameshi.


He suddenly thought about his job, being a defender of Ningenkai. His job was also to protect both Enma Daiyoh and his only son, Lord Koenma. Right now, they're not in terms with each other, they hardly ever talk or meet with each other.


"Hello, captain, how's the day?" asked the bubbly Botan. "It's fine," he just said.


Just then, they heard the loud yelling voice of Koenma. "WHAT ARE YOU STILL DOING HERE?!! I THOUGHT I ORDERED YOU TO BRING ME A DIET COKE AND A CHOCOLATE CREAM CAKE!!!" Koenma barked.


Both the captain and Botan sweatdropped, and laughed a little, thinking that Enma's little inheritor was being serious about his job for once. 'He sure hadn't changed much...' thought the captain. 'Koenma-sama...' thought Botan.


"Well, I still have a job to go to, see ya captain!" said Botan as she rode on her oar and flew off to the spirits who needed to be brought here.


'Hmm... I wonder what both Lord Koenma and her would think if they knew I put one of their best friends in a time shift forever,' he thought, feeling a little guilty. Guilty because his job was to protect Lord Koenma, the other was coz it was Enma Daiyoh's order, and he didn't want to disobey him. 'This is one of the reason's why I've been thinking of retiring and go to Tenkai... it sure would be nice up there...'



As he thought about this, he finally reached the entrance to Enma Daiyoh's office, he then opened the door, letting himself in. "Your king," he said as he kneeled in front of the ruler of Ningenkai.


"Have you done your job, captain?" the giant figure asked. "Yes, your highness, we have sealed the mazoku in the time shift, as you ordered," replied the captain.


"Good, and give me a full report on everything that has happened about it," commanded Enma.


"Yes, sir..." the captain said plainly.






Sengoku Jidai



The morning sun shone brightly, and through the hut where our heroes slept. The rays of the sun were hitting Yusuke's face, which he responded by opening his eyes and groaned at the sun. From the sitting position he was in last night, he found himself now laying on the wooden floor, sleeping on one side.


"Yusuke, wake up," said someone's voice. He just ignored it and continued to sleep. "Yusuke! Wake up!" the voice said again. He groaned again and still fell asleep.


"Move over, Kagome," said another voice. Yusuke then felt a kick right to his gut, "Uuaaagh!!" he then got up in a sitting position, looking pissed. He looked at who kicked him, and saw Inuyasha looking at him, glaring. "What the hell's YOUR problem!?" Yusuke growled.


"What, you didn't suspect it would be you?!" Inuyasha replied, "Kagome was trying to wake you up! You little bastard!"


"Who you calling a bastard? You sick little puppy!"


Inuyasha became ticked at this, 'Why can't I win at least one argument?!'


"Yusuke, we're about to leave this place to go find Naraku and retrieve the Shikon no Tama," said Kagome.


"Can't we go a little later?" Yusuke whined.


"Hmph," Kagome said, putting her hands on her waist, "Well you better get up soon, or Inuyasha will get angry."


"Oooh," Yusuke taunted, "What's he gonna do? Piss in my shoes?"


"Grrrrr..." Inuyasha just couldn't take it anymore and tried to slash the bastard with his claws. Unfortunately Kagome stopped him by saying his most hated word.


"What did I do this time?!" he asked once he got his face off the ground.


"There will be no fighting this early in the morning," Kagome said cooly, she then faced Yusuke, "We'll leave in thirty minutes, is that all right?" she asked, but it sounded more like a command.


"Sure, sure, we'll be going then."


Kagome didn't say anything else and then walked out of the hut, along with Inuyasha. Yusuke then went back to lying down, back to sleep.


Outside the hut, Kagome's friends were talking about where to go, and what to do with the new guy.


"Let's just leave the bastard, he's been annoying us ever since we first met!" Inuyasha shouted.


"Us? You mean YOU are the one who is being annoyed by him," said Shippo. Inuyasha responded with a punch to his head.


"Inuyasha!" Kagome yelled. "What?!" Inuyasha asked.


"Both of you please," Sango tried to quiet them down, which she managed to do, "We won't be able to go anywhere with the two of you arguing, now that we have another one who is just as cocky as Inuyasha."


"What did you say?!" yelled Inuyasha, "Don't you DARE compare me to that bastard!" he argued.


"Well, both of you were trying to prove who was stronger, and both of you also seem to be doing good at it," said Kagome.


"Keh, I'm not like him," Inuyasha said in a low growl.


All of a sudden, from the hut wehre they slept, Yusuke came out from the doorway. "Oh, hey Yusuke! I thought you were going to sleep some more?" asked Miroku. "Nah, I couldn't sleep coz of all the shouting outside..." Yusuke said, looking straight at Inuyasha.


"What! What's you're problem?!" Inuyasha shouted loudly, not looking in a good mood.


"Oh, you didn't know that it's you?" Yusuke said, repeating what Inuyasha said to him a while ago, which was the last last straw for the son of the Inutaisho.


"That's it! I can't take any of this crap anymore!" the hanyou shouted, "You and me, over by that hill, now!"


Yusuke yawned, still feeling tired from the sleep, but to Inuyasha, it was an insult.


"You little bastard!" he yelled again as he tried to reach and strangle Yusuke.


"Osuwari!" that simple word from Kagome was hell for Inuyasha.


"OW! What did I do now?!!" Inuyasha was raising his voice more and more.


"Both of you are still injured from yesterday, I don't want anyone getting hurt," she said plainly.


"Are you blind?! Look at me! I'm injured too!"


"Well I just stopped you from getting more injuries!"


"What are you saying? That this shrimp can beat me?" Inuyasha pointed at Yusuke, who was still half asleep, "Once I'm through with him, he'll be begging to go back to his time and cry in his mother's arms!"


"Ha! As if you could even touch me," Yusuke smirked, "Come on, doggie, let's see what your master has taught you," he finished with another yawn.


"Fine, but don't feel bad when I kick your ass badly," Inuyasha was sounding his right hand.


While both of them are staring down at each other, Kagome's eyebrow was twitching. 'These two jerks, they just won't let it up! Ever since they met, 'til now, they never stopped acting like school-graders!!' Her ki was flaring, the others sweatdropped, and backed-up from miko anger range.


"Ooh, boy, those two are going to get it," said Shippo from behind Miroku, gulping a little.


"Don't worry, she won't be too hard on them," said Sango.


"INUYASHA..." Kagome growled, her ki flaring, and giving her scariest glare. Which worked, causing the two fighting addicts crouch down.


Inuyasha let out a small gulp, 'Ohhh, crap...'


'Woah! She could be scary when she wants to be,' thought Yusuke.


"OSUWARII!!" Kagome yelled as loud as she could, and Inuyasha once again met an old friend. After that, Kagome started off, while Yusuke and the others were poking at Inuyasha to see if he was still alive.


"Are you all right, Inuyasha?" asked Shippo.


"Maybe he's dead," Yusuke said as he kicked the side of Inuyasha.


"Ha!" Inuyasha said loudly, as he got up, "You think THAT can take me down? It was weak!"


Unfortunately for him, Kagome heard that and turned around, "Osuwari!". After that, she walked off again, grumbling to herself, "Stupid Inuyasha, always thinking about himself..."


The others looked at Kagome, then back at Inuyasha. "Okay, he's definitely down for the count," said Yusuke.





-Reikai, Present Day-


"And that' what happened, your Highness," said the captain.


"So, the miko has put up some barrier to protect her house against youkai?" asked Enma.


"That's right, your Highness,"


"That's good, that helps with keeping away the other problem."


"And who might that be?"


"Urameshi's friend, the one known as Youko Kurama."





-Ningnkai-


"Shuuichi?" asked the woman known as Shiori, Shuuichi's mother. She looked at her son to see him showing a serious face, one where she rarely saw him with.


"Hm? Oh, it's nothing mother, I just thought I saw someone I knew," he lied.


"Oh, okay," she replied and continued walking to their house. Both of them are carrying groceries back home, because she was going to make dinner for her new husband and two sons.


While she continued walking, Shuuichi, was still looking around him. 'I just felt a hint of danger, but what is it?' Not being able to find out what was the cause of what he felt. 'I hope it was just a fluke...' he thought deeply.







-Sengoku Jidai-


It's been two hours, Kagome was still in the lead. Yusuke right behind her, with the others behind him, Inuyasha trailing behind.


"Hey! Do you guys even know where you're going?" Yusuke broke the silence.


"Well, Inuyasha usually leads the way as he can smell traces of Naraku," informed Miroku, "but today... well..."


"Kagome is in the lead because she's pissed," finished Yusuke, smirking, "Does this happen a lot?"


"Not that often actually, let's say around thirty percent of the time," said Miroku.


"Really..."


Miroku nodded. Yusuke then looked toward Kagome, then back at Inuyasha, who saw him looking.


"What the hell are you looking at?!" he growled.


"Nothing! Jeez! Are you always this grumpy?!"


"This all started because of YOU! Kagome's pissed at me because it's YOUR fault!"


"Hey don't blame this on me! It's not my fault you need some anger management!"


"Anger-what?!"


"I can't believe this! Why am I even teaching an old dog like you?!"


"How dare you call me old!"


"Yusuke," called out Kagome. Yusuke turned to look at her. "Please, they don't know much of the things we know back in our time, so please try to be patient," she said as she turned around, this time not looking pissed, but calmed down.


"Kagome, so does that mean you're not angry at Inuyasha anymore?" asked Shippo.


"Yep," was her only reply.


Yusuke turned back to Inuyasha and whispered, "You owe me." "What? Why?" asked Inuyasha.


"Because I helped you and your 'friend', get back together."


"What!? Don't give me that shit! You didn't do anything!"


Yusuke just smirked, thinking that what the dog-boy said was true, what happened was just luck. While he was laughing, Inuyasha was growling. All of a sudden, Inuyasha stopped growling and began to sniff the air.


"What is it, Inuyasha?" asked Sango. "Yeah, doggie, what is it?" Yusuke was smirking.


"Shut up! Don't call me that!" Inuyasha yelled, then sniffed again, "This scent, it's familiar, I think it's that youkai we fought yesterday."


"What!" Yusuke was no longer smiling. He then looked around, trying to find Raizen's ki, but nothing.


"Yeah, it's him all right," Inuyasha confirmed.


"How are you sure?" wondered Yusuke.


"I don't doubt myself!" declared Inuyasha, "The scent's only a few hours old, but I can trace it back to the youkai."


"Huh, you really ARE a dog," Yusuke snorted. Inuyasha just responded with a glare.


"Well, looks like we have to bring this to a closure," said Miroku, "Inuyasha, could you lead us to the youkai?"


"Yeah, sure, it's this way."


"Wait!" shouted Yusuke, "Are you guys serious? After he kicked all of your asses?!"


"That doesn't mean we'll fail again this time," said Sango.


"Yeah, besides, we came up with a plan when we meet him again," said Miroku.


"How do you guys know he'll come back again?!"


"He did say that he'll come back for us, didn't he?" said Miroku. Yusuke facevaulted, 'Okay, that didn't work, but I have to stop them from killing the old man, or they're doomed, especially me! if they managed to kill him!'


"Why are you trying to protect him?" inquired the hanyou. Yusuke looked up, "Huh?"


"I said why are you protect that youkai? What is he to you?" Inuyasha was getting more frustrated.


"I said it before and I'll say it again, it's none of your goddamn business!!"


"Tell us! You're with that youkai aren't you? Tell the truth!!"


"Just shut up, you stupid dog." Inuyasha snarled at him for that insult.


It was at that time that Yusuke looked at Kagome. "Hey, so what do you think?" he asked. "Huh? I... um..." she thought about it, " Well... if you tell us why we shouldn't follow him, then we won't."


"Because..." he hesitated, "Because you don't know who you're dealing with."


"What do you mean?" asked Kagome.


'Think, think, or kiss yourself goodbye,' thought Yusuke. "That youkai, he's one of the three rulers of Makai," he gave his most serious voice.


"Rulers of Makai?" asked Inuyasha, "What the hell is that?!"


"You stupid dog!" yelled Yusuke, "It's obvious what it means!!"


"I know what it means! What do you mean by that, AND by rulers of makai!"


While both of them were still shouting at each other, Kagome and the others covered their ears. "Do you think they'll tire out?!" Sango tried to yell over the shouting. "Knowing Inuyasha, he can go on for hours!!" yelled Kagome. "That, and Yusuke is also a contender in this!" Miroku added.


"Listen! There are three worlds! Ningenkai, Reikai, and Makai! Do you understand?!" Yusuke raised his voice.


"How in the hell are you suppose to think I even know all that!!" Inuyasha raised his a little more.


"I didn't think you could! Who would expect a dog like you to learn anything!"


"THAT'S IT!! YOU"RE DEAD LITTLE MAN!!" Inuyasha began to draw his sword... when Sango and Miroku grabbed his arms and locked them behind his back. "LET GO OF ME! I'M GONNA KILL THIS--PHUNUUFAPHITCH!!" Miroku clamped his hand over Inuyasha's mouth. "Okay, I don't think Shippo should hear that," said Sango.


"Have you got him secured?" asked Kagome. The two nodded, then she turned to Yusuke. "Umm.. could you please explain what you were trying to talk about, before Inuyasha ran his mouth?"


Yusuke made a deep inhale and exhale, 'Damn.. probably even Kuwabara and I won't be able to match-up with that guy's shouting stamina.' Looking at Kagome, he decided to tell them, along with the secured Inuyasha the truth, well, part of it, 'They wouldn't trust me if I told them that that youkai's my ancestor.'


"Well, as you guys heard, of the three worlds, Reikai is where the spirits live. Ningenkai is where we live, and Makai is where all the youkai live. You'll see many kinds over there, especially the strongest youkai's that ever existed," Yusuke informed them.


Even though all that he said never caught Inuyasha's attention, it was the mention of 'the strongest youkai's that ever existed' that caught his interest. 'Strongest youkai's, huh?' he smiled underneath Miroku's hand.


"That sounds like a scary place," Kagome said.


"Well, right now yeah, since there is no more rulers," Yusuke continued, "and in our time, they aren't bad, none of them are hunting or killing anymore ningens, most of them anyway."


"Really? What happened?" Kagome asked.


"That's another story, which I guess we don't have time for. But beleieve me when I said that the youkai you guys want to chase? of the three rulers, he's probably the strongest of them, and he isn't even in his prime yet now.."


Miroku and Sango were surprized by what he said, their hold on Inuyasha loosened just enough for him to shrug them off. He then starts running towards the direction he smells the scent. "Inuyasha!! Where do you think you're going?!!" Kagome shouted.


"I'm gonna find that youkai! And I'm gonna kick his ass!!"


"You idiot!" Miroku and Sango shouted at him, "Come back here!"


"Like hell I'll listen to that bastard!!" He kept following the trail into the forest, when he heard something coming up from behind him. As he turned around, he saw Yusuke easily catching up. "What?!" Inuyasha started to pick up his speed, giving it his all.


After what seemed like a few miles, he looked back, but Yusuke was still behind him, smiling. 'Damn! I'm giving it all I'v got here, and he looks like he's only jogging!' He kept up with his running, until Yusuke made a speed boost and appeared in front of him.


"You can't out run me, I can run like this for four days without tiring," Yusuke smirked. Inuyasha could tell he wasn't lying.


"You better stop right now, or I'll stop you myself," Yusuke threatened. Inuyasha only growled again, he looked to his left when he noticed a house a few yards away. "Hey, there's a house over there," he pointed.


At first he thought the dog was lying, but as he turned around, Yusuke's heart started to beat faster. 'No way, that can't be HER house?! can it?' he thought. "Hey, Do you smell the youkai's scent over there?"


Inuyasha sniffed at the air, then he nodded. "Hey, where's Kagome? Did you leave them behind?"


"Of course not, Miroku can sense our ki, and they're riding Kirara," Yusuke said, "Don't worry, they'll be here." As soon as he finished, he walked toward the house.


"Hey, wait!" Inuyasha called out, "Where the hell do you think you're going?!"


"Isn't it obvious?! I'm going to that house!"


"Keh. You yourself said we shouldn't find that guy!"


"Well, who's the idiot that ran all the way over here anyway?!" Yusuke continued his way to the house, while Inuyasha was following him, growling.


Reaching the front of the house, Yusuke nervously reached for the door to knock. Waiting a few seconds, the door opened to reveal a very beautiful woman. She has long black hair, white silky skin, a nice body, and one of the most beautiful face you could ever see.


'Damn, I've heard the story from the old man, but still!' thought Yusuke.


Inuyasha's eyes widened when he saw her, 'Who is SHE? Is she that youkai's concubine?'


"Yes? Do you need something?" asked the woman.


Yusuke smiled and bowed, surprizing Inuyasha. 'What the hell?' the hanyou thought, 'This guy's showing HER respect?'


"Excuse me miss," Yusuke tried to act his most polite, "But has a youkai come over here?"


The woman looked at him, then at Inuyasha. "Both of you are youkai too, yes?" she inquired. They both nodded. "If I tell you that there was a youkai here, what would you say? And if it's the youkai you're looking for, what would you do?" her question made them kinda nervous, it was like she had them in her control.


"Well, we happen to be that youkai's helpers, and we've been looking for him for a while now," This was Yusuke's response.


'Nice move,' thought Inuyasha.


The woman looked at his eyes for a moment, checking to see if he was lying. "Hm. Well, the youkai you're searching has left a few hours ago, that's all I can tell you."


'Good, now at least MY future's safe,' thought Yusuke, 'now I just have to find a way to go back to my time.'


"What?!" yelled Inuyasha, "Don't hide him from us, you concubine!" This didn't even make the woman angry, she only raised her eyebrow.


"Please excuse the stupid dog, he's been getting angry because we haven't found our leader," Yusuke said, "Thank you for taking your time! See ya!" he yelled as he pushed Inuyasha back to the road.


"See ya?" wondered the woman as she closed the door, not knowing that she just met her descendant.




"What's your problem!?!" shouted Inuyasha, "She could've been our lead to that youkai!!"


"Shut up!!"shouted Yusuke, "Why did you call her a concubine, what does that mean?"


This made Inuyasha seem surprized. "You're saying you don't know what concubine means?!"


"Do I look like I go to school?!"


Inuyasha heard this, and kept it in memory. "A concubine is someone that does whatever the master says! You know, sex and all that kinky stuff!"


"She is NOT a concubine!"


"Why are you mad? Do you like her?"


"Shut your mouth!"Yusuke shouted back, "Or I'll MAKE you shut up!" 'That's sick, man, I can't think of her like that. I mean, she's my... well she's my great, great, great, great-greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgrea tgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgrea tgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgrea tgreatgreatgreat-GREAT grandmother!!'


"It's been a day and you STILL haven't been able to do that! What makes you think you can do it now?!"


"Well, I can rant you to your girlfriend and she'll punish you herself," he smirked.


"What did you say?!!" Inuyasha yelled again, "And what do you mean by 'girlfriend'?!"


"It means-..."


"Inuyasha!!" They heard Kagome call out to them. When they saw her, she was riding Kirara, along with the others. "Where did you guys go?" she asked them.


"Yeah, you guys ran a long, long way," Shippo added.


"I caught up with doggie over here," Yusuke said, "And he didn't even make me break a sweat," he smirked.


"Shut up!" shouted the hanyou.


'Ugh, if we had 'help', we'd be able to shut both of them up,' thought Kagome. "So where'd you guys go?"


"We found a house near here, and a woman told us the youkai already left a few hours ago," Inuyasha informed them.


"A woman?" asked Miroku.


"Don't even think of anything," Sango scowled at him.


"What did this woman say?" Kagome asked them both.


"That was all she told us," Inuyasha replied. Kagome just continued to look at him. "What? You don't believe me!?"


"Yusuke?" Kagome turned to him.

"I have to admit, he's behaving like a good dog," Yusuke patted Inuyasha's back, which made the hanyou growl.


"Don't tell me you BELIEVE him?"


Kagome looked at him. Inuyasha's jaw went wide.


"I can't believe this! You believe him more than me?!" he felt a little heartbroken, a little.


"I know you, Inuyasha, you like to keep secrets."


"And you think HE doesn't?!" he pointed to Yusuke, "We don't know anything, anything about this guy! he might be that youkai's servant! or door opener!"


This managed to tick off Yusuke, but he came up with an evil plan.


"Oh, Kagome, that woman we met, you should have seen how beautiful she was," Yusuke went behind Kagome and smirked at Inuyasha. This made Inuyasha feel unpleasant inside his stomach, 'No, he wouldn't.'


"She was SO beautiful, even doggie over here opened his mouth wide, just like what he's doing now..." He looked over to Inuyasha, who's mouth was indeed open, in fear.


While Yusuke continued, Kagome was getting angrier and angrier by the moment.


'I have never met anyone who doesn't stop pissing me off, besides Kouga,' Inuyasha thought, 'but this guy's much worse!'


"Inuyasha..." Kagome whispered, "Osuwari, Osuwari, Osauwari, Osuwari!!" she yelled louder each time.


Inuyasha managed to lift himself up after all that, despite the soil in his face and mouth. 'I'm gonna dance in the bastard's grave.' When he looked up, they were already walking their way to, wherever.
"Hey! Don't you guys dare leave me here!" he went up to his feet and hurried over to them.





-Naraku's Castle-


As she sat by the window, Kagura kept her gaze at the sky. 'I wonder where he is right now?'


Thinking about 'him' again, Kagura? she heard Hakudoushi speak in her mind. "What do you want, Hakudoushi?" she asked, trying not to sound scared. She never did like the brat.


I don't want anything, just to tell you that Naraku wants you in his chamber, now. With that, he no longer spoke to her.


With a sigh, she stood up, and did what she was told to do, "What does he want now?" she said out loud, knowing that Hakudoushi would still be in her mind. Walking toward Naraku's chamber, she opened the door, to see Naraku standing by the window, overlooking everything that surrounds his castle.


"Kagura, do you know why I summoned you here?"


She bowed down, trying to sound sincere, she asked, "That is why I am here, my lord."


Naraku leered, "I summoned you here to do an errand for me."


"What is it?"


"Go to the Inuyasha-ikkou."


"W-what?"


"You heard what I said."


"B-but, what is the reason?"


"Don't worry, do you think I'd let you go alone?"


Kagura raised an eyebrow.


"Hakudoushi will accompany you, he will tell you what to do," he said as Hakudoushi appeared behind him, "Now go."


Hakudoushi and Kagura left the room, and out the castle. Kagura rode her giant feather, while Hakudoushi was in his shield, as they flew to the direction of the Inuyasha-ikkou. "So what is Naraku's plan, this time?"


"I'll tell you," Hakudoushi replied, "since Naraku doesn't trust you, but knows your usefulness." he laughed at her.


Kagura didn't say anything.


"If you really want to know, he wants us to bring the Inuyasha-ikkou to him."


"And just HOW do we do that? After the last time, their new friend took care of you in just a few seconds." she said, causing Hakudoushi to glare at her.


"Heh," he smiled again, "I just underestimated him, it won't happen again, and he's our target."


"What?"


"Naraku wants us to see what kind of new foe we have," Hakudoushi said, "to see if he is anything like the other ones that aided the Inuyasha-ikkou." he finished, they then continued to wherever Yusuke and the Inuyasha-ikkou are.




(A/N: There's chapter 7 for ya! 8 is coming up in a month or so, I promise that!)



Converting /tmp/phpByDUzx to /dev/stdout