Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Come Clean ❯ In the End ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer- I don't own Hiei…the dude that you'll read about…or the song `In the End'. Enjoy. **Sniffle**

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Hiei walked down the street, he didn't look like he was feeling much at all. He usually didn't, but this time it was different. Pain was buried deep in his eyes but he wasn't actually looking at the ningens as he passed them.

It starts with

One thing/ I don't know why

It doesn't even matter how hard you try

It had hit him so fast and so hard he didn't know what to think or feel. All he knew was he was pissed and hurt. His mind told him to cry. His ego wouldn't let him. His body. His chest. His heart…ached as he walked.

Keep that in mind/ I designed this rhyme

To explain in due time

All I know

He didn't know that it would hurt this bad. To lose someone that close. He didn't even know they where so close. Of course he may have but didn't admit it. His mind strayed to passed memories of all the times they'd been friends and it had been so obvious. How he'd taken it for granite.

Time is a valuable thing

Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings

Watch it count down do the end of the day

The clock ticks life away

It's so unreal

He finally got to somewhat of his destination and jumped into a near by tree. He sat with his legs hanging over the edge of the branch as he looked at the ground. He didn't know what to think at this point, his mind strayed over memories of all the times he'd had someone there for him. To help him through stuff even though he'd never admit that he needed it…he did.

Didn't look out below

Watch the time go right out the window

Trying to hold on/ but didn't even know

Wasted it all

Just to watch you go

Hiei sighed heavily at the thoughts of the past. Then he shook his head, he knew the past was no where to look. There was no reversing what had happened now, it was far to late to be moping around like this. He jumped from the tree and looking next to his right foot seeing a small flower growing there. He turned his back to it almost reluctantly and started to walk again.

I kept everything inside and even though I tried/ It all fell apart

What it meant to me/ will eventually/ be a memory/ of a time when

He made his way along the paved path through the park and stepped onto the now seemingly empty streets. The others had mourned. But they where weak humans. It had been a while now since his funeral yet Hiei, the only who hadn't mourned, was the only one not to move on…

I tried so hard

And go so far

But in the end

It doesn't even matter

I had to fall

And lose it all

But in the end

It doesn't even matter

All of them knew the risk they had taken by bringing him on that mission. All of them knew he could die. But none of them where expecting it, they knew it could happen, they just didn't think it would. They'd all fought so hard to protect him, to keep him out of harms way on this one mission.

One thing/ I don't know why

Doesn't even matter how hard you try

Keep that in mind/ I designed this rhyme

To remind myself how

I tried so hard

Out of all of them, Hiei found himself fighting the hardest. He knew he'd probably be later mocked for it by someone, but he didn't care. No one was a friend to him before, at least not a true friend. He rubbed his eyes as he walked. Trying hard to remember the mental image that seemed so clear just a while ago…

In spite of the way you where mocking me

Acting like I was part of your property

Remembering all the times you fought with me/ I'm surprised

It got so far

They'd fight a lot. It was true, yet he was the only one that actually understood Hiei. They'd have different opinions, that was true, and they'd both be stubborn enough to argue them out. Yet some how now those arguments seem so stupid and pointless. But now everything was weird, and wrong and Hiei didn't like it. He'd changed because of this, and he didn't know if he could change back.

Things aren't the way they where before

You wouldn't even recognize me anymore

Not that you knew me back then

But it all comes back to me

In the end

He seemed to know everything about Hiei, yet at times know nothing at all. Hiei's mind flashed with images and pictures of actually laughing and talking with him. He actually found the ache in his chest growing at these thoughts, he felt an ache at the back of his throat and his eyes turn hot as he stepped into the cemetery, plucking a black rose as he did so.

You kept everything inside and even though I tried/ It all fell apart

What it meant to me/ will eventually/ be a memory/ of a time when I

Hiei rubbed his eyes, feeling moisture on them he looked at his fingers and saw black water. He hadn't cried forever, why now? Because Hiei knew he let him down. He'd fought so hard to keep him safe but it…it just wasn't enough

I tried so hard

And got so far

But in the end

It doesn't even matter

I had to fall

And lose it all

But in the end

It doesn't even matter

Hiei got closer to the grave his thoughts got darker. He hadn't realized how much he'd meant to the fire demon until he was gone. The one person he knew he'd always be able to trust. Of course now he was gone and Hiei didn't know who to trust.

I've put my trust in you

Pushed as far as I can go

For all this/ there's only one thing you should know…

Hiei just wished he could tell him now, but it was to late and all he could do was hope that he knew that Hiei had always trusted him and been his friend…even if he'd never admit it.

I've put my trust in you

Pushed as far as I can go

For all this/ There's only one thing you should know…

Hiei clenched his fist of his right hand. He should have tried harder, he should have been there to protect him. The fire demons eyes closed tightly as more tears drifted from them, leaving trails of gray down his cheeks and black gems littering the ground. He continued to make his way to the grave, getting a strong ache in his heart with each step.

I tried so hard

And got so far

But in the end

It doesn't even matter

I had to fall

And lose it all

But in the end

It doesn't even matter

Hiei drew closer to the grave and kneeled down in front of it, and read the tomb stone.

Kurama Minamino

1989-2004

Beloved son, cherished friend.

We will never forget this extraordinary young boy.

May he live on even in death and rest in peace.

Hiei cried a single gem on the mount of dirt and gently placed the black rose on top of the gem as he stood. Turned. And walked away.