Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Come Clean ❯ Echo ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Kenti held Tamu's larger hand firmly in his two smaller ones as he tugged the human towards the stage. The ice/earth demon was smiling broadly at the human as he started to pull him towards the stage, weaving his way between the crowded tables. Tamu was smiling as well as Kenti tugged him towards the stage. Even though Kenti was a demon Tamu had a larger build and was stronger then Kenti, unless Kenti wanted to use his demonic strength.

"Come on Tamu! It'll be fun!" Kenti yelled to the human over the crowd of people, also telling Tamu to go to the stage with the demon. Shouts of `Yeah! Come on!' and `Sing with him!' and even some `How can you say no to that face!?' came from the crowds. Tamu was trying very hard not to grin at the demon, but it tends to be hard.

"No Kenti, I don't want to," Tamu told him. Kenti made an adorable pouting face around his smile, trying hard to make the human believe he was upset.

"Taaaammmuuuu," Kenti whined as he continued to pull the shaggy brown haired human to the stage. Tamu shook his head, but his baby blue eyes were glittering with humor.

"No Kenti," he repeated. The demon managed to look sincerely hurt which got a lot of `Awwww's and `Come on!'s from the crowd of people. Tamu sighed.

Kenti had dragged him out to a bar in the city, it wasn't huge, just a little karaoke place, but it was also a gay bar, which meant the crowd probably thought they were the cutest thing since the puppy. In a normal place, such as just bars were straights could go, people would have ridiculed them, you know the drill. But Kenti had some how managed to find a place like this near where they lived that was not only a gay bar, but a place where demons, hanyous, and humans could go. Kenti was something special and Tamu hadn't denied that.

"Pppllleeeaaasseee," Kenti whined again, his big brown eyes were large an innocent, glittering with fake but totally believable tears, chibi tears was the technical term. Tamu sighed.

"Alright, alright, don't start crying," He said. Kenti's pout was immediately replaced with that smile of his and his eyes were incredibly bright, he even gave Tamu that special little giggle that Tamu knew was just for him.

"Yey!" Kenti cheered and continued to pull Tamu to the stage. The rest of the crowd broke into cheers and even some early applause.

"You can't tell me you didn't see it coming!" Tamu shouted to them, still smiling as he was tugged onto the stage by the blue haired ice demon. Kenti jogged off the stage for a minute and whispered a song to the person starting the music for them. The demon grinned and gave a slight nod; Kenti giggled and ran back onto the stage. Handing Tamu a microphone and holding his own in his hand delicately, like a woman would. Tamu immediately felt stage fright, great, he glanced over at Kenti. Kenti stood on the floor next to Tamu, the microphone held in his pale hands and up near his mouth at just the right spot. He gave a slight nod of his head and the music started. Tamu recognized the song and mentally shook his head with a little smile.

A light shone from the back and light up Kenti's face, his eyes were closed and Tamu was standing close enough to see the light delicate lashes caress the demon's cheeks gently.

"Close my eyes, let the whole thing pass me by," Kenti started to sing, he had a male's voice obviously, but it was soft and light, not quite a woman's, but not quite a guys either. It sounds weird, but it was really lovely, "there is no time, to waste, asking why. I'll run away with you, by my side. I'll run away with you, by my side. I need to let go, let go, let go, let go of this pride,"

Kenti's hips began to sway from left to right in a smooth as silk motion, just soft little swaying motions; his right hand held the microphone about four or so inches from his mouth. He opened his eyes as if waking up from a dream, and the scene looked soft to Tamu. Who watched the demon start up the song while waiting for his part to come in.

"I think about your face, and how I fall into your eyes. The outline that I trace, around the one that I call mine. Time that called for space, unclear where you drew the line. I don't need to solve this case, and I don't need to look behind," Kenti moved his free arm up above his head so it pointed straight up as the music picked up his eyes looking out over the crowd as a small smile reached his lips. His brown eyes were shimmering softly in the light, his hips continued to move from side to side, "Close my eyes, let the whole thing pass my by. There is no time, to waste, asking why. I'll run away with you, by my side, I'll run away with you, by my side. I learn to let go, let go, let go, let go, of this pride,"

Kenti's hand moved down and then crossed his stomach resting on his opposite hip in a way that looks like he's half hugging himself, his hips continue to sway softly from side to side. The light moved over to Tamu slowly, his free hand was tucked in his pocket, stage fright. Yeesh.

"Do I expect to change, the past I hold inside? With all the words I say, repeating over in my mind. Some things you can't erase, no matter how hard you try. An exit to escape, is all there is left to find," Tamu sung into his microphone, his voice was surprisingly strong, he wasn't expecting it to come out like that, he was expecting a squeak or his microphone to make that high pitched sound. But his voice came out strong and nice, just like it did when Kenti made him sing back home.

Kenti looked at Tamu smiling softly, see, wasn't so bad. In fact he was doing great, maybe some dance moves later or something. Tamu dancing, that's a clever thought.

"Close my eyes, let the whole thing pass me by, there is no time, to waste, asking why. I'll run away with you, by my side, I'll run away with you, by my side," Tamu looked over at Kenti as he sung, "I learn to let go, let go, let go, let go of this pride. Until this echo, echo, echo, echo, in my mind. Until this echo, echo, echo, echo, can subside,"

Kenti began to step towards Tamu, and Tamu turned to face him. Tamu's hand moved from his pocket. Kenti's hand softly pressed to Tamu's chest then slid up so it rested on his shoulder, as Tamu's hand slipped around Kenti's slender waist. Kenti's other arm was pressed against Tamu's chest so the microphone was next to his lips, and Tamu's microphone was also near his lips. Both were smiling softly and the world slipped away around them. It was just the two of them for this split second, Kenti got lost in Tamu's soft and warm baby blue eyes. And Tamu's concentration slipped away and all he could see was Kenti's deep brown eyes.

"So I…Close my eyes, let the whole thing pass me by. There is no time, to waste, asking why…" Kenti sang into his microphone. Tamu picked up right at the end of that.

"I'll run away with you, by my side. I'll run away with you, by my side…" Tamu sung. Then his arm started to slip away and Kenti took a few steps back, Tamu obliviously switched the hand his microphone was in, as did Kenti, and when they slipped away Kenti's fingers laced with Tamu's lightly and they began to sing together, their voices mixing perfectly.

"I learn to let go, let go, let go, let go of this pride. Until this echo, echo, echo, echo, in my mind. Until this echo, echo, echo, echo can subside," Then they both did a bow at the exact same time as the last note of the song rung out. The entire bar was silent for a moment, and then suddenly broke into applause, even some standing ovations when the duo looked up. Kenti was smiling insanely and Tamu just had a soft warm smile on his face that reached his blue eyes. They both put the microphones back down and stepped off the stage, still holding hands with their fingers laced. Kenti was still smiling when he looked at Tamu, they headed through the applauding crowd and Tamu grabbed his jacket off the back of his chair and put it around Kenti's shoulder as the stepped out into the light sprinkle of rain, taking the demon's hand again in his. They started to head for home, but Tamu kindly pulled Kenti into a small spot where the building lead in for the door. His hands moved to the demons slender hips and kindly pulled Kenti in for a kiss, pressing his soft lips to the demons.

Kenti kissed back as Tamu gently pulled him close with his hands at the demons hips. Kenti's arms slid around the human's torso and for a few minutes, they just stood there kissing, it was a gentle and loving kiss on both cases. When it was finally broken, it was raining harder outside there little shelter. Kenti looked up to meet the human's eyes, whispering softly.

"I love you, Tamu," Then, softly came the whispering reply of Tamu.

"I love you too, Kenti,"