Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Come Clean ❯ Welcome to My Life ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Okay, this is AU from my normal Kenti/Tamu fics. And it might be something showing in an idea for an upcoming Kenti/Tamu fan fiction, so w00t. Anyways, the sort of idea here is that Kenti and Tamu are in high school. Kenti's still as gay as ever, and the high school hates him for it. He's picked on and pushed around a lot, while his best friend since the 4th grade Tamu, has had it great. Tamu is completely straight (supposedly) and he's also one of the most loved guys at school. His life comes off as perfect, great grades, every girl loving him and wanting him as her boyfriend. While his best friend is a total and complete outcast because of his sexuality. Both are human here too.

Well, during this fic Kenti is singing along with his little band in the garage at night, and Tamu's coming to see him when he hears Kenti singing this song. It's just something fun I wanted to try so, tell me what you think!

~~Sheamaru

 

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

 

Kenti stood in his garage, he was wearing a T-shirt that was tight and white with a blue jean vest over it, it wasn't buttoned and the shirt flashed a sliver of his stomach when he made certain movements with his arms. His hair was in the usual braid down to his waist and he wore jeans that were tight at the hips but they got looser around his thighs and calves. He also wore a set of black finger less gloves that were Velcroed around his thing wrists. He was fumbling with the microphone as the guys set up behind him. A bass guitarist named Tyran, drummer named Hyuki, and then Kenti played the guitar sometimes but currently Hitoki was on guitar. Kenti preferred to sing and his band preferred him there.

He moved the wire connected to the microphone, it was 6:30 at night. And the guys would be going home after this next song. The 17 year old human heard them tune up then waited.

"Okay, ready Kenti," Tyran said. Kenti nodded and faced forwards, putting the microphone to his mouth as the band started up behind him. Then he started to sing.

"Do you ever feel like breaking down? Do you ever feel out of place? Like somehow you just don't belong. And no one understands you," Kenti closed his eyes, envisioning why he was singing the song and who it was for. He and Tamu had argued today when Kenti felt like crying after yet another person at school insulted him, this time going after his older brother Ruki, who was at a different school for the day, tutoring, "Do you ever wanna run away? Do you lock yourself in your room? With the radio on turned up so loud. That no one hears you screaming. No you don't know what it's like. When nothing feels alright. You don't know what it's like to be like me,"

Tamu turned the street corner, walking towards Kenti's place. His hands tucked in the pockets of his baggy jeans. He was wearing a brown jacket over a dark blue T-shirt and his normal combo boots. His shaggy brown hair was a bit messy from running his hands through it so much. As he headed down the street he thought about what had happened that afternoon. How he'd yelled at Kenti and told him to stop acting like such a child. He almost winced at the thought. He didn't know what the hell had gotten into him, but he could see the hurt in Kenti's brown eyes as the tears fell outside the school building.

Tamu sighed; he'd over-reacted and felt bad about it. As he got closer to the younger teens house he could hear music playing and a light on the drive way from the garage.

"To be hurt. To feel lost. To be left out in the dark. To be kicked. When you're down. To feel like you've been pushed around. To be on the edge of breaking down. When no one's there to save you. No you don't know what it's like. Welcome to my life," he could hear Kenti sing. He passed behind the tree in the front yard and just listened to his best friend sing.

Kenti was off in his own world, getting wrapped up in the song. Thinking about how Tamu didn't understand a single thing about him. About how he had thought Tamu was the one person he could talk to and have understand him, he felt like he'd been so wrong.

"Do you wanna be somebody else? Are you sick of feeling so left out? Are you desperate to find something more? Before your life is over. Are you stuck inside a world you hate? Are you sick of everyone around? With the big fake smiles and stupid lies. But deep inside you're bleeding," Kenti sang, feeling himself on the verge of tears. But his voice didn't crack in the least, he wouldn't let it. When the guys left and he was alone in his room in the dark, he'd turn on the music and then cry his eyes out. But for now he just opened them, tears glittering, "No you don't know what it's like! When nothing feels alright! You don't know what it's like to be like me! To be hurt. To feel lost. To be left out in the dark. To be kicked. When you're down. To feel like you've been pushed around. To be on the edge of breaking down. When no one's there to save you. No you don't know what it's like. Welcome to my life,"

Tamu could feel his heart catch in his throat, his breathing catch. He could hear Kenti's emotions seeping through the lyrics of the song. He could almost feel the tears in his best friend's eyes. Tamu's hands clenched in his pockets, he'd really hurt Kenti by yelling at him. He just stood there for a while longer, listening to Kenti's voice echo through the darkness of the streets.

"No one ever lies straight to your face. And no one ever stabbed you in the back. You might think I'm happy. But I'm not gonna be ok. Everybody always gave you what you wanted. You never had to work it was always there. You don't know what it's like. What it's like," A few tears trickled from Kenti's eyes, he tried to hide them, glad he was facing forwards. His voice got soft, and true pain and hurt shone through the words, "To be hurt. To feel lost. To be left out in the dark. To be kicked. When you're down. To feel like you've been pushed around. To be on the edge of breaking down. When no one's there to save you. No you don't know what it's like,"

Tamu stepped out from behind the tree, looking straight at Kenti with his blue eyes, full of regret as he made his way up the side-walk. Kenti just watching him, his eye lids lowered halfway over his eyes, his face stiff with silent tears he had cried during the song.

"To be hurt. To feel lost. To be left out in the dark. To be kicked. When you're down. To feel like you've been pushed around. To be on the edge of breaking down. When no one's there to save you. No you don't know what it's like,"

As Tamu got closer, Kenti's voice stayed strong but got softer as he said the last few words.

"Welcome to my life. Welcome to my life," by this time Tamu was pretty much in front of Kenti, Kenti raising his eyes those few centimeters to look at Tamu's eyes, his voice kind of quite but still strong enough to finish out the song, "Welcome to my life,"