Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Normal Life? ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I own neither YYH nor Inuyasha but have on the spur of the moment taken them hostage for this story
A/N: Wow, it's been a while ne? For any of you who read my other stories I'm really sorry for making you wait so long. I hope to have some new chapters up as soon as I can, I've had a bit of a block since I returned home in Nov. and realized that I really don't like my stories as much as I had before. They're really kinda bad and I'm hoping on revising them. Please be patient for me. If anybody has suggestions or would like to help me bounce ideas around please contact me.
 
A Normal Life?
ForestSprite
Chapter 1
 
Yusuke sighed as he looked down from his spot on the bench. “This whole thing sucks,” he murmured. The ex-spirit detective, retiring after what became known as the Three King Saga, had returned to a normal life… well normal for him anyway to find that Keiko didn't want to be with him anymore. Unable to handle the stress of not knowing when he'd come back or if he'd come back from his missions she began to hang out at a club where she met her mysterious “boyfriend” and left him behind.
 
A soft rustling sound behind him warned him that he wasn't alone. “It's not good to sneak up on people Kurama,” he said casually.
 
“I wasn't sneaking so much as observing. Is this where you always go when you disappear? The red head asked curiously.
 
He shrugged. “Yea, I guess so.”
 
“Pouting detective? How unbecoming of you and over a girl no less,” a gruff voice taunted.
 
“Is this some kind of little reunion? Is Kuwabara going to be coming next or even Botan?” Yusuke asked tipping his head back to look at Kurama and Hiei.
 
“Hardly, I came to see the fox who was looking for you. Kinda far from your place isn't it?”
“Yea, but this is where we used to hang out as kids. It holds a lot of memories,” Yusuke murmured.
 
“Can't you let go?” the red head asked sympathetically.
 
“I could ask the same of you,” Yusuke said noting the touch of hurt in the boy's eyes that he quickly covered up.
 
“Touché,” he murmured quietly, “but I'm at least not allowing it to hold me back.”
 
He shrugged again,” I will get over it, just not yet. It's still too fresh,” he looked at Hiei. “What are you up to besides visiting fox boy? You look like you have a mission.”
 
“Hn,” the koorime grunted. “I'm looking for an escaped demon I was hoping to find around here. Makuro doesn't want him to get too far.”
 
“What's that? He strong?” Yusuke asked curiously.
 
“Hardly but he holds important information and if it gets to the wrong person I'll be even busier.”
 
“I see,” Yusuke murmured.
 
“I doubt you do,” a voice cackled annoyingly. “In order for things to go smoothly I need to eliminate all of you. I know two of you are retired but one can never be too careful.”
Yusuke looked up to the bran of an overhead tree to see an ugly insect looking demon peeking down at them. “Man you're ugly,” the punk grumbled.
 
“Don't take me so lightly. I will destroy you,” the demon yelled as thousands of wasps began to swarm around him. “Attack, kill them all,” he ordered them watching gleefully as they flew at the three boys who were for once in their life surprised and totally unprepared.
 
…………
 
Kurama dragged the two into his car and sat behind the wheel, wheezing and panting in pain. “Need help,” he murmured as he shifted his car into drive following a road he thought he'd never take.
 
The demon had not only done a number on them but he was even still alive. What a blow to the ego of the once great spirit detectives he thought almost wryly.
 
What took only five minutes but seemed like hours got him in front of a comfortable house set away from everything. Grunting he swung himself out of his seat and stumbled to the door. His vision swimming in front of him he hit the doorbell leaning against the door frame for support.
 
He heard laughter from inside followed by a “Just a moment.” Things began to get darker as the door creaked open. “Kurama?” a girl asked surprised.
 
“Keiko,” he said falling to the side, she moved quickly catching him.
 
“What happened? Are you okay?”
“Poison… other two… car,” his vision began to fail him.
 
“Oh crap!” Keiko exclaimed as she supported his body. “Higurashi, I need help!” He felt a vague sense of surprise although he knew he shouldn't as he finally fell into the darkness.
 
End Chapter