Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Normal Life? ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I own neither YYH nor Inuyasha but have on the spur of the moment taken them hostage for this story
A/N: Okay so I know how this story might seem to a lot of you guys but I promise that a lot of the current pairings are only temporary and I'm sorry if any of you are mad at my current one (or bothered by it at all) but if you can bear with me you'll see a change and if not I'm sorry to lose you as a reader but respect your choice.
For those of you who follow my work or did on ff.net please be patient and I promise to have an update for my other older works as soon as I finish editing.
`word' Youko
`word' Kurama
 
A Normal Life?
ForestSprite
Chapter 2
 
His senses slowly came back to him as he awoke finding himself in a room he didn't recognize. The room was rather simple in design with a small shelf across the room from him cluttered with books and papers, a dresser with a moderately sized mirror, a good sized closet and the queen sized bed he was currently laying on.
 
He stretched his senses to test his surroundings finding his two friends energies also in the building but they were quietly asleep. He also sensed another energy that was currently worked up and agitated. As his sharper hearing came back to him slowly he was able to hear Keiko talking angrily.
 
“What do you mean you're going back today? You just got back not even a week ago.” She paused as though listening to something making Kurama guess she was on the phone and this was the reason behind her agitation.
 
“I know I agreed when I met you but you're making me wish I hadn't,” another pause in the conversation. “Of course I'm jealous,” she said in a loud un-Keiko like outburst. “How can I not be when you're constantly around your old love and those others? I remember the pictures you showed me. How can I begin to compare?” She paused again hiccupping softly as she sobbed. “I'm sorry. I didn't mean that. I'll see you when you get back.”
 
He heard the soft click as the phone was placed back in its cradle. H stilled as he heard soft footsteps coming his way watching as the door cracked open and into his view came Keiko looking sad and hurt. “Kurama you awake?” she asked quietly so it wouldn't disturb him if he was although she seemed pretty sure that he was.
 
“Yes,” he replied somewhat curious as to how she could have known.
 
“Good, I thought as much. I have to step out for a moment. I'll lock the door behind me so you won't have to worry about anything but if someone does arrive, which I doubt will be happening, and enters don't worry about it. Besides me only one other person has keys to the house. I need to get groceries, do you need anything?”
 
He shook his head. “I'll be fine,” he told her calmly.
 
She gave a small smile. “Well then, I'll get going. I'm sure you're hungry and Yusuke will be too when he wakes up.”
 
“I'm sorry to intrude but you were the closest and…” he trailed off not sure what else to say.
 
“Don't worry about it. Besides if you'd waited too much longer you all would have died from that poison. Higurashi is amazing when it comes to stuff like that,” she exclaimed seeming rather proud and embarrassed at the same time.
 
“Higurashi? Is that the man you left Yusuke for?” he asked curiously.
 
Her cheeks flamed a bright red. “You'll see later,” she rushed out looking at her wrist. “Look at the time, I should run,” she quickly spun on her heel leaving the room and a bewildered kitsune avatar.
 
She doesn't have a watch Youko murmured as he began to wake up.
 
So I noticed, Kurama replied. “This is interesting.
 
He sat up noting the clothing sitting at the end of the bed. Guessing it was for him he pulled the blankets off of himself just now realizing he wore absolutely nothing.
 
“Hope you don't mind going commando,” a beautiful voice said making his head snap to the doorway where a pretty woman with long raven hair stood looking at him holding a pair of keys in front of her. “I figured I'd just let myself in,” she said with a small smile. “I'm sorry did I surprise you?”
How did we not sense her? Youko exclaimed bewildered.
 
“A little,” he replied looking at her searchingly.
 
“My apologies. Anyway that clothing is all stuff I had laying around. We're about the same height and all but I don't have any boxers lying around. You're old clothes were rather damaged and had to be trashed,” she explained. Her smile brightened. “It's good to see you're awake after thee days, I was beginning to worry but,” she shrugged. “How rude of me. How are you feeling?”
“Slow,” he remarked still trying to gain back all his senses.
 
Her smile became knowing. “Yes, you're two friends said much the same thing although your shorter friend put it in a different way.”
 
He grimaced. “I can only imagine. I apologize if he said something overly rude. He's not much of a people person.”
 
She chuckled. “I'm used to handling people with an anti-social personality.” She stared at him for a moment longer before giving a chesire cat like grin. “You may want to put your clothes on, not that I mind looking but I just heard Keiko's car pull in and I'd hate to upset her.”
 
Kurama felt himself color just a little with Youko in the back awed. This girl is… She's worse than myself!
 
Noticing his reddening she laughed. “My, my. It's nothing to be embarrassed of Kurama. After spending nine years of my life around perverts I'm not affected by stuff like this anymore. I'll leave you to get dressed.” She walked out.
 
The moment she left, he quickly dressed pulling his hair back and out of his face. He needed answers and she'd be the best one for that. Just as he opened the door he saw Keiko enter, hands full of groceries, mystery girl nowhere in view. “I'm home,” she murmured.
 
“Ah, welcome back,” the mysterious woman purred detaching herself from the shadows quickly grabbing the things from Keiko who looked stunned. The woman grinned wickedly. “I didn't know my presence affected you that much.” She disappeared presumably into the kitchen to set the things down leaving Keiko there burning a bright red.
 
She reappeared, hands empty looking at Keiko amused. “What, no greeting?” That seemed to break through the other girl who launched herself at her, arms wrapping around to embrace her as she began to sob into her shoulder. The older girl smiled gently as she soothed the upset girl her eyes going to where Kurama stood knowingly, motioning with her eyes for him to come out and take a seat, it might take awhile.
 
Following her advice he moved into the spacious living room taking a seat away from the two. Who is she?
 
Through Keiko's sobs he was able to make out words. “I'm sorry; I thought you were mad at me. I'm so selfish and obnoxious.”
 
The girl chuckled. “All people are, you're no different in that aspect,” she soothed.
 
“I didn't think I'd see you before you left,” she admitted as she began to control herself again.
 
“Well, it's not as though I could leave things as they were, now could I?” she asked amused looking down at the girl making her blush.
 
“Higurashi,” she murmured.
 
Did she…
 
Turning an even brighter red she whispered something to the other girl which he didn't catch. She laughed, “Did you have to ask?” Grinning playfully she swept down kissing Keiko.
 
Oh my, Youko murmured. Does this mean we don't have a chance?
 
Chance? Chance with what? Kurama asked somewhat worried.
 
End chapter
 
As I said the current pairings aren't final and I'm sure a lot of you can see where this might all end up at. Remember this is rated T not M and there are no threesomes for you hentais XD