Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Normal Life? ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I own neither YYH nor Inuyasha but have on the spur of the moment taken them hostage for this story
A/N: Hmm…. I know it's been a while since I last wrote and all but the lack of reviews is making me rethink my decision to start writing again.
I know there are those out there waiting for updates on The Past Always Comes to Haunt Your Future and When the Darkness Takes Over on my ff.net account and I promise I'm working on it but the least you could do is support this little project of mine.
`word' Youko
`word' Kurama
 
A Normal Life?
ForestSprite
Chapter 3
 
He was still in somewhat of a state of shock after what he'd witnessed and heard his alter ego exclaim, and speaking of the devil….
 
How do you think Yusuke is taking this? I mean losing your woman to another woman is just kinda… sad
 
Kurama cringed for he'd also come to that line of thinking but as of right now couldn't tell his friends reaction as he was still asleep. None the less he craned his head backwards as though hoping to see his comrade(s) appear at the doorway.
 
The strange woman, introduced as Kagome, smiled kindly at him. “Don't worry Kurama-kun,” she assured him gently mistaking his agitation for worry. “They should be up in no time, it's just the drought I gave them to sleep was made stronger than usual to keep them out for awhile. I wanted to make sure the poison was properly flushed from their bodies. You're lucky to have been affected the least.”
 
He returned the smile weakly as he thanked her before he noticed the lack of presence of Keiko and inquired of her presence.
 
Kagome gave a small smile. “She's preparing supper right now for our farewell tonight.”
 
“You're leaving?” he asked surprised looking at her sharply. “I hope our unexpected arrival has nothing to…”
 
“No, don't worry,” she cut him off. “Any friend of Keiko's is a friend of mine.” Her smile was very kind he noted. “I've heard disturbing rumors lately and my superior at work has heard them as well. He decided I'm the best choice to see if there is any truth to these rumors.”
 
He frowned looking at her thoughtfully. “It sounds potentially dangerous.”
 
Her lips quirked in amusement, “Ah, I wouldn't use potentially. We already know it is, just not how much.” She shrugged tiredly, “I'll find out after I arrive.”
 
“I'm surprised that Keiko…” he trailed off uncertain what to say next, not wanting to offend their hostess.
 
“Is with someone with a dangerous lifestyle after Yusuke?” she asked amused. “That girl… she really did love him. Still does actually.” He glanced sharply at her again to see a small knowing smile on her face. “She's not really sure what she wants yet to tell the truth.”
 
“She seems to love you though,” he ventured carefully.
 
Kagome laughed, “She does, doesn't she. She gets very jealous though,” she cocked her head to the side as she regarded him. “It's hard to be with someone you know can't always be with you and don't know what it is that they are always doing.”
 
“Do you give her reason to be jealous? You are very pretty,” Kurama said his eyes flashing a golden color for a second, from the influence of Youko, that had her regarding him carefully even as a pretty blush covered her cheeks.
 
“Keiko did tell me you were very smooth,” she murmured.
 
“Did Keiko tell you about all of us?” he asked curiously even as he was mentally scolding Youko for his split second possession. It's not as if you didn't think the same thing and besides it made her do that pretty blush. Did you see that?
 
Of course I did. I was sitting right here, he retorted to the kitsune residing within him.
 
“Well it's not as if she hates you all despite breaking up with Yusuke. She thinks of you all as family but has been needlessly scared since of rejection, hence why she's avoided all of you. It was only at my prompting she left you our address.” Kurama noted she was still looking at him curiously and he began to wonder if she had noticed the eye-change. He also wondered how much Keiko told this woman.
 
Kagome suddenly lifted her head as a wonderful scent came from behind the kitchen doors. “It smells wonderful. Keiko-chan is such a wonderful cook.” She grimaced slightly even as she dropped her tone as though to confide n him. “Keiko-chan doesn't let me cook supper for us. It turns out I'm a horrible cook whose only specialty is ramen and omelets.”
 
Kurama laughed at that even while she grinned somewhat sheepishly. She's absolutely adorable, Youko purred entranced. Kurama ignored him in favor of asking her a question. “Is everything okay between you now?”
 
She did that smile again, the one that made his heart skip a beat. “For now? I guess so. It upsets her that I see so much of my ex-boyfriend but he is my partner and also one of my best friends. She needs to realize that there is nothing like that between us anymore.”
 
Thank you lord Buddha, we do have a chance. She does swing that way! Youko exalted doing a funny little dance that almost made Kurama choke on his tongue.
 
“Are you ok?” Kagome asked worried as he bent over doubled coughing and she patted him carefully on the back.
 
Youko! Kurama growled in annoyance even as said demon glanced at him innocently. Don't get any ideas.
 
Whatever! You may want to pay attention to the beautiful girl who is worried about you while you space out.
 
Kurama quickly jerked back to his present situation as he caught his breath assuring her he was okay. She flashed him that smile again obviously relieved.
 
He opened his mouth to speak again when he heard someone clear their throat behind him loudly catching both his and Kagome's attention. There standing by the doorway looked a much more alive Yusuke and Hiei relieving Kurama as he crossed the room to greet them.
 
End chapter
 
Please give me at least five measly reviews for this chapter. That's all I ask for.
 
ForestSprite