Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Cursed ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Cursed
 
Summary: Yu Yu Yasha x-over
 
Because of her incarnation's curse, every new moon she turns into a lusting demon. Her friends have always been there to keep her from trouble but one night of the new moon, no one is there to save her. If she mates then she will not only forever be bound to that male but, she will stay demon forever. Will she be stopped in time?
 
Chapter Four
 
“Oh sis, do you have to go back now? So soon?” Souta questioned, turning sad that he would once more have to be without his older sister. Kagome smiled sadly but nodded.
 
“Yeah. I left the others after some terrible things had been done and well, I think that it would be best if I go back now. I have some apologizing to do.” Kagome explained.
 
“Okay.” Souta sighed. “But you'll come back again? Soon, right?” he asked. Kagome smiled.
 
“Of course.” She answered, pulling her brother into a loving hug. “I'll always come back.”
 
“Souta,” Azumi began carefully, wanting a chance to send her daughter off properly. Her son sighed, before finally pulling away from his sister. With one more look of sadness, Souta left to return to the warmth of their home. This left Azumi and Kagome alone, standing just outside of the well house. Both women were silent before Azumi finally broke down and pulled Kagome into a fierce but loving hug. Tears soaking through her daughter's t-shirt.
 
“Please be careful.” Azumi pleaded. “And know that I will be expecting you home in two weeks. Just before your next transformation so that you may stay for a few days before you go back.” She added sternly but sadly at the same time. Kagome nodded in her mother's hold.
 
“I promise mama.” She whispered, her own tears wetting the front of her mother's shirt.
 
Silence between mother and daughter passed for a moment longer before Kagome finally broke the hug to go back to her past and fix what had been destroyed.
 
“I love you mama.” Kagome said sincerely, turning with her bag on her shoulder. Sliding open the door, Azumi watched Kagome look back once before finally disappearing. She stood there for a minute longer, waiting, and once she saw the blue lights, she knew that her daughter was gone.
 
“I love you too Kagome.” Azumi whispered to the wind before heading into her home to comfort her son.
 
|| YRA ||
 
“Hey, what's that smell?” Shippou asked aloud, looking up at Inuyasha for an answer. “It almost smells like-”
 
“KAGOME!” Inuyasha yelled, looking in the direction of the well. Sango, Miroku, Kirara, Kaede, and Shippou all looked up in excitement. “She's back!” Inuyasha exclaimed looking back with happiness in his eyes before taking off.
 
“Come on!” Shippou yipped, jumping up and following Inuyasha, the others not far behind.
 
“Kagome! Kagome! Kagome!” Shippou yelled the whole way to the well. They all arrived upon the scene of Kagome in a tight embrace with Inuyasha and if Shippou's noise was any good then he would know that there were tears coming from not only Kagome, but also Inuyasha.
 
“I'm sorry.” Kagome whispered to Inuyasha. The hanyou only hugged her tighter.
 
“I'm sorry.” He whispered back to her.
 
“Kagome-chan?” Sango asked softly, breaking up the reunion between the hanyou and the woman that he loved with all his heart. Pulling away, Kagome was able to look past Inuyasha to find Sango and Miroku standing only a few feet away.
 
“Sango-chan,” Kagome began turning her head down, ashamed of what had occurred between them. The sudden feel of a body against her own alerted her to the fact the Sango was now sobbing against her shoulder.
 
“Don't ever leave again! I don't care about what happened! It wasn't your fault!!” Sango nearly yelled while still holding Kagome tight. Hearing her elder friend's words, Kagome broke out into tears as well. “I don't care.” Sango whispered over and over still holding tight to Kagome.
 
“Sango-sama, we are all very glad that Kagome is back. But perhaps we should return to the village to discuss what happened in greater detail.” Miroku offered.
 
“Okay.” Sango relented, pulling back from Kagome but still holding onto the younger girls hand. “Come on.” Sango urged, tugging gently on Kagome's hand. Kagome followed, glad that Sango didn't blame her for what happened.
 
|| YRA ||
 
“Please milord, don't leave me with the demon child!!” Jaken pleaded as he threw his small body on the ground in front of the very much taller demon lord.
 
“Jaken, pick yourself up and shut up.” Sesshoumaru demanded angrily, though you could not tell by his facial features.
 
Rin, the young human child and ward of Sesshoumaru, watched all this begging and pleading with a bright smile on her face that looked more devious and mischievous than it did innocent.
 
“Don't worry Jaken-sama, I will not hurt you. I only want to play.” Rin reassured the smaller toad demon. But behind her big brown eyes, Sesshoumaru could see that his young ward was plotting some serious revenge that involved lots of make-up, flowers, and pain. Catching Rin's gaze, Sesshoumaru nodded his consent to whatever she had planned, all the while ignoring Jaken's rambling.
 
“I shall return shortly after the New Moon. Rin, you know the rules. Jaken if there is a hair misplaced on Rin's head, I will kill you.” Spoke Sesshoumaru firmly before turning and walking away.
 
“See you soon my Lord!” Rin yelled after him. Jaken only wailed loudly. Ah-Un, who was off to the side watching everything with four careful eyes, shook his head in pity for Jaken.
 
|| YRA ||
 
“Kagome-chan, would you care to take a walk with me?” Sango offered as she stood from her place in front of the small fire in Kaede's hut.
 
“Okay.” Kagome nodded. There was a bit of hesitancy when Sango held out her hand but knowing that her change would not come for another couple of weeks, she took her best friend's hand and smiled.
 
“We'll be back soon.” Sango called over her shoulder as she led Kagome from the hut.
 
The two girls walked in silence for some time, the tension between them could be cut with a knife, it was so thick. Not wanting for the tension to force them apart any further, Sango stopped walking and in concern for her friend, Kagome stopped as well.
 
“S-Sango-chan?” Kagome questioned, worry filling her voice. However that worry dissipated when Sango stepped forward and pulled the younger girl into a hug. When Kagome stiffened in fear, tears filled the demon slayer's eyes.
 
“Just relax Kagome-chan. I know you won't hurt me.” she whispered into the girl's ear.
 
“I already have. How can you forgive me?” Kagome answered quietly, still not relaxing into the hold.
 
“Because you're my friend, my sister, and I love you. Please Kagome, forgive yourself.” Sango pleaded. Kagome was now the one with tears gathering in her eyes, her shoulders shook with her silent sobs and Sango held Kagome tighter.
 
“I'm so sorry, Sango.” Kagome cried, relaxing as she wrapped her arms around Sango's waist.
 
“It's okay, Kagome-chan. Everything is alright.” Sango hushed, soothingly combing her fingers through Kagome's raven locks. “Everything is going to be alright.”
 
“How do you know?” Kagome managed to ask through her sobs, skepticism heavily coating her voice and entire form.
 
“Because I believe in you, Kagome-chan. I believe that everything will work out because I have faith in you and your control over your inner demon. I know that you'll never hurt me.” Sango answered calmly, truly believing in her own words. Even after all that happened, she still truly believed this. And realizing and recognizing the truth and faith in Sango's words, Kagome finally let herself relax completely, she too wanting to believe just like her Sango-chan. Just like her sister.
 
“Sango-chan.” Kagome murmured quietly into the slayers warm embrace.
 
“Hm?” Sango answered in Kagome's ear, her head resting on the younger girl's shoulder.
 
“I-” nibbling on her bottom lip, Kagome sighed as she found her strength. “… I love you too, Sango-chan. Sango-ane.”
 
“Good to hear, Kagome-imoto.” Sango's said, smiling happily.
 
And just like that, they stayed. Holding each other in their comforting embrace.
 
|| YRA ||
 
`What raw emotions coming from two very beautiful, strange, but beautiful women.' A curious pair of eyes gathered while watching the young women from the cover of the trees.
 
`The younger one though, to have such a dark magic about her and continue to live, that, is truly amazing strength. And her transformations are quite fascinating as well. Perhaps I have found myself a new challenge.' A mischievous smirk slid across this golden-eyed figure's face. `And perhaps a new playmate.' He added, his eyes taking in the very well defined form of the younger girl.
 
Upon deciding that this woman would be the source of his satisfaction, he also decided that following her would be the best way to get to know her every move before making his move on her to turn her into his “playmate”. With a last smirk, he turned and leapt from the tree, to prepare for his long nights ahead.
 
Long silver hair cascaded behind him as he seemingly flew through the air with his swift stealth and speed.
 
`I shall return for you, my pet.'
 
|| YRA ||
 
Kagome tensed slightly in the hug as her sensitive ears picked up the delicate sound of a very well trained demon, leaping from a tree. Carefully scanning the area, she found no immediate threats but still thought it best that she and Sango return to the village, as it was getting late.
 
“Sango-ane, let's go back. I'm getting a little hungry.” Kagome offered seeing the hurt look on Sango's face that cleared up as soon as she heard the words “hungry”.
 
“Of course Kagome-imoto. Let's go.” Sango smiled, gently taking Kagome's hand into her own before leading her away. Kagome easily followed after her but found her thoughts centering on the fact of her ears, or rather, her senses. Her newly heightened senses.
 
Ever since her last transformation, she had been noticing things a lot easier. Like the way her sense of sound had heightened considerably to the point in which, she had found herself not wanting to go out during the day while in her time. The sounds were too loud and often gave her headaches that lasted even after a good nights sleep.
 
Her vision had also strengthened and while out one day with her mother, she had found that she had been able to read the road signs on the freeway from a mile away, clearly. Not only just a mile but three. Three miles ahead she had been able to see and clearly read the signs off to her mother.
 
While this had been helpful to her mother, Azumi Higurashi had also been quite concerned, especially when Kagome soon began complaining of the daylight being too strong and giving her headaches.
 
The final sense that Kagome had realized that had strengthened had been her sense of smell. And as soon as she had noticed it, she had locked herself away in her room, for the polluted smells of outside her home had nearly driven her mad.
 
Her scenting sense had grown so strong that Kagome had been able to pick up her brother's scent while he had been at school. The school being, a fifteen-minute ride away.
 
Kagome, had not mentioned this to anyone except for the heightened vision sense, and that was only to her mother.
 
`Kami, what's happening to me?' She thought, quite frightened at the thought of her gaining senses like her demon self. `Why is this happening?'
 
“Ah, there ye girls are. We were beginning to worry about ye.” Kaede said as she ushered both Kagome and Sango into her hut.
 
“Sorry.” Sango offered as she sat down, pulling Kagome along with her.
 
“Feh, whatever. Just hurry up and eat so you both can get some rest.” Inuyasha said in his usual caring manner.
 
“Gee, Inuyasha, how kind of you to worry about us.” Sango smiled sarcastically. Inuyasha glared at the demon slayer and rolled his eyes before turning to snatch up Kagome's yellow pack and digging into its confines.
 
“Um, Inuyasha, what are you doing with Kagome-sama's bag?” Miroku asked carefully.
 
“None of your damn business, monk.” Inuyasha snapped.
 
“Inuyasha!” Kagome scolded, reaching forward to take her bag back.
 
“Ah shut up wench.” Growled the inu hanyou. Miroku, Sango, Shippou, Kaede and even Kirara winced when Kagome narrowed her eyes. However, they all relaxed, especially Kagome when she saw just what Inuyasha was pulling out of the bag. They were the items she and Sango used for taking their bath.
 
`Oh… Inuyasha.' Kagome sighed, smiling gently at her friend. Making herself comfortable once more, she finished her dinner, all the while thinking pleasantly of her hanyou companion.
 
`Maybe one day . . when all of this is over, I'll ask him to-' a blush slowly warmed her young features as she thought deeply on just what she wanted to ask of Inuyasha.
 
“Kagome-sama.” Miroku called in a sing-song voice and Kagome looked up to see a knowing look on the perverted monk's features.
 
“Miroku! Leave Kagome-imoto alone!” Sango demanded, lightly slapping the monk on the shoulder.
 
“Yes Sango-san.” Miroku sighed sadly.
 
|| YRA ||
 
“Are you sure that you'll be alright Kagome-imoto?” Sango asked, worried out of her mind at the thought of leaving Kagome, but the young miko had asked for some time for her to gather her thoughts.
 
“I'm positive Sango-ane. I'll be fine, I promise. And if I do need help then you and the other's are only a scream away.” Kagome assured. She watched Sango nibble on her lower lip before sighing and nodding.
 
“Alright Kagome-imoto, I'll see you back at the village then.” Sango relented sadly, turning and making her way into the woods.
 
Once sure of Sango's leave, Kagome giggled. `Silly Sango.' She sighed. `It sure is good to be back here with them all. I guess I didn't realize just how much I would have missed them if I had stayed in my time. They all mean too much. And even after all that's happened, they still want me with them.' Glad to have this knowledge, Kagome lazily lounged in the hot spring.
 
However, no matter how good a mood, her worries caught up with her and she once more began thinking on her heightened senses. `Now if only I knew what was going on with me. I don't want to worry the others but I'm scared, what if I become a demon even when it's not the night of the new moon? What would they say then? Would, . . would they hate me? It would mean even more struggles with my transforming more often. They might not want me then.' Her thoughts frightened her and tears filled her eyes as she entertained these thoughts more deeply and ran scenarios through her head.
 
It was then that Kagome remembered the words that Kikyou had conveyed to her during one of her last moments walking the earth, before Inuyasha had slain her. Thoughts similar as to what she was thinking now, had been what she was thinking before Kikyou had spoken to her.
 
|| - ||
 
“You are right, reincarnation. You are going to become a demon more often than on just the night of the new moon.” Kagome gasped as she recognized the voice.
 
Kikyou.” She whispered. Both anger and fear filled her at the thought of the phantom priestess near by.
 
Oh no, I'm nowhere near you. I am simply speaking to you through our bond. We do after all share a soul.” Said Kikyou, her voice completely filling Kagome's mind and blocking out all other sounds.
 
Why? Why are you speaking to me now?” Kagome demanded, not at all thrilled at having the dark woman inside her head.
 
Oh, simply to answer your questions on why you have stronger senses.” Replied Kikyou. There was a pause and just as Kagome thought to speak, Kikyou spoke up once more. “And to confirm your worst fears. The fears of your friends abandoning you. They will, no doubt, do so for your transformations will no longer have any set date as to when they will happen. You will transform randomly at any moment during an time of day or night.” She added.
 
Why?” Kagome whispered. “Why are you so cruel? Why do you hate me?” she asked.
 
Because you dare to take away from me all that I accomplished during my time and then gain more! I'll not be out done by you! You are second to me. Always have been and always will be.” Kikyou said cruelly, only too happy when Kagome began crying.
 
You won't win. My friends, Inuyasha, we'll find a way to stop this curse.” Kagome tried to be firm, but Kikyou was not swayed at all in her cruel torture.
 
There is no way to stop the transformation. You'll continue to gain your demonic attributes until you are completely demon, and then, Inuyasha will never want you. You won't be able to see the shards, and that is all he wants from you. Once you've lost that, you will have lost everything. You'll mean nothing to him. Nothing. Just give up, Kagome. This is the full power of my hatred, of my curse upon you. You must suffer. You must die. And you will regret the day you ever laid eyes upon my Inuyasha.” Kikyou explained quite thoroughly. Listening to Kagome break down, was exactly what she had been looking for, and now that her reincarnation was sobbing uncontrollably, Kikyou left her to wallow in misery. There was, after all, no need to kick the poor girl while she was down. There was nothing else to be done or said.
 
|| + ||
 
`She was right. Kikyou was right. They'll hate me. They'll leave me. And Inuyasha does only use me to see the shards. They never wanted me, Kagome. They never even saw me. They only wanted to use me to get to Naraku.' She wailed miserably. `Kami I am such a baka. Why didn't I see this before?'
 
“Why does a beauty such as yourself, look as if her whole world has fallen apart?” a new, sensual sounding voice asked.
 
Kagome gasped, and dried her eyes before scanning the clearing for where the voice had come from. When she could not find anyone, “Where are you? Come out!” she demanded.
 
The voice chuckled before the trees branches in front of the young miko shook, leaving in their wake a very handsome kitsune male.
 
His golden eyes gazed deeply into her own and seemed to scream not only mischievousness and playfulness as all kitsunes seemed to, but a lust as well. He was dressed immaculately in white garbs, the top looking like a tank top from her time, only very loose, and leaving much for the imagination. His pants were white Chinese styled pants that left a gap in the back for his tail of silky silver fur that hung just to his feet that were dressed with white kung-fu styled shoes.
 
Long silver hair that hung past his waist, swayed with the gentle breeze in the air and silver triangular fox ears sat atop his head, twitching every so often at the sounds of the forest.
 
When he smiled at her, she could she the straight, pearly white teeth with sharp fangs in his mouth. A pink tongue ever so teasingly running along his sharp canines as if to arouse something within the young Kagome.
 
“Who are you?” she asked, once she had caught her breath and found her voice. Kagome was amazed to hear that her own voice sounded as sensual as this kitsune's.
 
The male chuckled once more and bowed deeply before responding politely to her question. “Youko Kurama at your service, my beautiful little vixen.”
 
Owari
 
Alright, I greatly appreciate the reviews you leave me. And now I ask of you this, leave more reviews so that I might appreciate you all more, and see the need to continue writing for this fan fiction.
 
And with this, I leave you all until next time…
 
Yours Sincerely,
 
|| Your Rude Awakening ||