Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Freak Show ❯ Bad Aim ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~Belle: Finals are over! LOTR is out!

~Hiei: I'm so happy for you. (*deadpan voice*)

~Botan: Jerk (*hits Hiei over the head*)

~Belle: So this chappy has a new twist of drama to it, enjoy!

~Kagome: We meet more of the Spirit Detective gang too!

R&R

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kurama was anxiously clutching onto the dash board of Hiei's car on the passenger side. His eyes wandered over to the speedometer and a slight measure of panic donned his features.

"Hiei. You realize that the speed limit is only 55." Kurama managed in his most calm voice.

"Hn." Hiei answered.

"Currently, you are traveling at approximately 95 mph. Perhaps it would be wise to slow down, I would much prefer to fight alive."

"Fine." Hiei shifted gears and eased his lead foot off the gas. "Happy?"

"I suppose 80 is a little better." Kurama agreed.

A few minutes later the two got out of the car and were greeted by the ever happy Botan. She was riding her oar and her blue hair was flying in the light breeze.

"It's wonderful to see you again Kurama." She said smiling at the red haired young man. "Hiei, the only new thing that I have heard from HQ is the location of the ring master."

"He calls himself the ring master now?" Kurama asked.

Botan's gaze lingered a few extra moments on Hiei before she focused on the Kitsune. "Yes. Take this." She handed him what appeared to be a rock.

"And you give me a rock? I'm flattered." Kurama answered while raising an eye brow.

"Hn. You've been around humans too much lately." Hiei told him as he took the other rock offered by lady death herself.

"Kurama, what Hiei means to say is that these rocks are dimensional portals. You will be able to use them to find the ring master. All you do is squeeze these two ends and it will send you and anyone touching you to that location." Botan answered.

"I have one more question. Why am I needed for this case? I'm no longer obligated to the Spirit Detectives. My term of servitude has been fulfilled or so I was told." Kurama questioned.

"Yes, this may be true. But you understand that occasionally you will be asked to volunteer to offer your assistance. And in this case, Hiei refused to do this without you." Botan answered.

Kurama nodded in understanding while Hiei continued to glare with annoyance. ^^`Let's go fox.'^^ Hiei spoke telepathically.

Kurama smiled in apology to Botan. "I'm sorry Miss Botan but we have to cut this reunion short."

"Don't worry. But when we meet up again, you have a lot of explaining to do. Especially about the past few days." Botan then disappeared flying into the air while waving back at the two.

"Should I know something?" Kurama asked his partner.

"Let's just say that Jr. has been showing off you and your friends in his little crystal ball lately. I'm a bit curious about that sleeping bag scene myself." Hiei cast a semi-amused glance at his friend.

Kurama blushed ever so slightly silently cursing being in his Shuuichi form. Blushes were so easily avoidable as Youko. "Shall we go pay the ring master a visit?"

"Let us."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Inuyasha and Kagome were lounging in the den with the television on. The hanyou had confiscated the remote control and was surfing the channels much to a certain miko's annoyance. Suddenly one show caught her attention.

"Inuyasha! We have to watch this!" She screamed in his sensitive ears while yanking the remote from his grasp and turning up the volume.

"Wench! Don't scream in my ears!" Inuyasha hollered as he rubbed his sore furry appendages.

Kagome ignored him and was already in a trance watching her favorite show. "You'll love this show, Inuyasha. The main character, he's a lot like you. He's always being the hero doing good deeds to make up for his past."

"I don't do good deeds." Inuyasha denied while becoming mesmerized by the awesome skills of the anime character. "What is this show called?"

"It's Rurouni Kenshin." Kagome answered.

The thirty minutes of the show transpired and Inuyasha turned the television off. "That was the best sword fighting I have ever seen. And why is he so stupid to always be leaving that Kaoru behind? It's obvious that she loves him and would stay with him no matter what."

Kagome just looked at him in amusement. "Well, some guys let their feelings of self-worth interfere with how their friends and loved ones see them. They are too busy loathing themselves to realize how much their life and presence means to others." Kagome answered.

"Keh. I would never be so blind." Inuyasha told her smugly but then a flash of Kikyou trying to take him to Hell and Kagome saving him came to mind. "Okay, well, at least I'm not so blind anymore." He clarified.

Kagome started laughing at him. But Inuyasha would have none of that and decided to torture her vulnerable sides.

"Inuyasha! Stop tickling me! I won't laugh at you anymore!" Kagome shouted between gasps.

"Good." Inuyasha told her as he straightened up and began picking his claws bored. "I'm bored. Can we go do something?"

Kagome looked thoughtful for a moment. "Well, I want to be here when Kurama returns. But, why don't we go to the arcade for a while! There are tons of games with fighting that you would love!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Yusuke was annoyed. He finally was taking Keiko out on a date but Kuwabara asked if they could make it a double date so he could ask out Yukina. It wasn't that Yusuke didn't like Yukina. He just didn't like Yukina and Keiko being together because there seemed to be a tendency among the two to ignore the boys.

"We're going to go to the arcade." Yusuke informed the two women who continued to ignore him and search the clothes rack of little mall fashion shop.

Yusuke spotted his prey. The Soul Calibur II game was unoccupied and he would soon lay claim to it. He stalked his intended victim.

However, he was pissed when some annoying girl beat him to it dragging some sissy boy with long white hair.

"This game is awesome Inuyasha! Watch, I'm going to play this fifteen year old wind priestess, Talim. You can play one of the samurai guys or something." Kagome told her friend who was staring at the videogame in amazement.

"This is like that thing Souta tried to get me to play?" Inuyasha asked making the connection.

"Yep! Just like that, only the difference is -----"Kagome began only to be interrupted.

"Excuse me. I was planning on playing that game." A boy around her age rudely informed.

Kagome turned around to glare at the intruder. "And you can play it when we are finished." Kagome turned back to the game to explain the rules to Inuyasha but the tap on her shoulder caused anger to rise.

"I was planning on playing it now." The boy told her with a voice that would tick anybody off.

"Why don't you leave before I make you." Inuyasha told the boy. The boy looked at Kagome a bit oddly. Inuyasha didn't appreciate the way he seemed to be sizing up his best friend.

Another, taller boy approached the commotion. "Does there seem to be a problem Yusuke?"

"It appears they don't understand that this is my game." Yusuke told his friend as he ran his hands through his short black hair in frustration.

"Look, we've had a hard day and want to play this game." The taller boy answered.

"Then wait your turn." Inuyasha told him with waves of `danger danger' rolling off his aura towards the two young men.

"What are you?" Yusuke asked confused by the high levels of spirit these two possessed.

"That is none of your concern. Come on Inuyasha, I'd rather play air hockey anyway." Kagome began to lead him away from the two disturbers of the peace.

Inuyasha cracked his knuckles. "I'd rather play this game, Kagome."

"Is that a challenge?" The taller boy asked raising his fists and taking a swing at Inuyasha's head that was easily avoided. Inuyasha then caught the boy off balance and picked him up and threw him across the arcade.

Yusuke then charged at Inuyasha and was thrown across the room in a similar manner completely ignoring the screams of the terrified gamers.

He and Kagome calmly turned back to the game and were about to put in their quarters when a pair of rough hands landed on each of their shoulders.

"I'm the manager of this establishment. I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave. And never come back."

Inuyasha glared at the balding pudgy man as he and Kagome were led out of the arcade. But he soon smirked when he saw the two brats thrown out as well.

"Oh well. We should wait for Kurama and Hiei to return anyway. Ugh. Those guys were such creeps. I hope I never see them again." Kagome told him as they began to leave the mall and head back home. Once out of sight, or so they thought, Kagome climbed upon Inuyasha's back and they took to the sky.

On the ground below, two spirit detectives watched in complete confusion. "So at least we know he is a youkai and she has a great deal of spiritual energy. We should find out some more about them." Yusuke told Kuwabara.

Kuwabara nodded stupidly. "Yeah. Let's go find Yukina. I want to see what she bought!"

Yusuke rolled his eyes. He was never going to be `whipped' by some girl that much.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was almost pitch black. The darkness was overwhelming. Without the use of demon senses one would be completely lost. The maze of tunnels seemed to go on forever. Finally a light appeared before them.

"I see you have arrived." A mysterious shadowy figure spoke.

"I told you they would take the invitation, master." A raspy voice answered near to the first.

"What do you want?" Kurama asked in his best negotiator voice.

"Why Fox-Boy, I want you of course." The figure emerged from shadows and the ring master appeared. He was a big bear of man and his beard added to his sinister profile.

"What do you want with the fox?" Hiei asked.

"Are you afraid you'll miss him?" The ring master taunted.

"Hn."

"Don't worry, you won't even remember him." The other man emerged from the shadows. He appeared to be an old, twisted man who looked ancient beyond ancient. He was a magician of sorts and had a wand raised and posed.

"No!" Kurama shouted as he jumped in the path of the fire to protect his friend.

"What have you done?" Hiei shouted as he watched his friend shrinking before his eyes.

"Now this is a problem." The ring master answered.

"We came to negotiate. The attack was unnecessary." The shrinking Kurama replied as his voice rose a few pitches.

"That is unfortunate. However, along with the Fox-boy, I also desire the miko that released him from his impenetrable chains." The ring master replied while looking at his assistant with annoyance at his poor aim.

The ancient man quaked with fear under the gaze.

"Bring me the miko and I shall restore your friend."

Hiei reached to pick up the now three year old version of Kurama who was surprisingly well behaved for a toddler.

"I'm taking him with me. How long do I have?" Hiei asked.

"You have until tomorrow night. Come at midnight." The ring master and his henchman disappeared and Hiei found himself in an open field back in modern day Japan.

Botan arrived soon. "How did it go? Where's Kurama?"

Hiei directed her attention to the toddler in his arms.

"Oh no. Is there a way to fix him?" She asked worried.

"I must find his miko girlfriend. The ring master vowed to return him to normal if I brought them both back tomorrow at midnight. However, I doubt if he plans on giving them back after he fixes our friend." Hiei replied.

Botan chewed her bottom lip. This was definitely not how this meeting was supposed to turn out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Once again, Inuyasha and Kagome were fighting over the remote control and munching on some ramen noodles and oden. The knock on the front door caused Kagome to jump over the couch in a rush almost causing Inuyasha to spill his ramen.

"Watch it wench! It's not like you've never seen him before." He grumbled as the two demon scents met his nose along with a third unknown smell.

Kagome opened the door with a wide smile. "Kurama!" She looked confused. "Hi, Hiei, where's Kurama?"

A girl with blue hair appeared behind the fire-demon holding a squirming little boy.

"Kagome!" The little bundle reached for her and jumped onto her cuddling to her chest. Kagome stroke the little red haired boy's in confusion. Did Kurama have a son and not tell her. Her heart felt heavy at the thought.

However, being a telepath, Hiei corrected her thoughts. "Stupid human, that IS Kurama. He's got a spell cast on him."

The look of horror that crossed Kagome's face made Hiei feel guilty. The shot was meant for him after all.

"It's okay, Kagome. My name is Botan. We can fix Kurama, but we must ask you to accompany us tomorrow night at midnight to see the ring master."

Kagome swallowed thickly as she nodded her head in greeting towards the strange girl. Inuyasha stood behind her and wrapped his arm around her shoulder when he saw she was about to faint.

"Kagome! I'm sleepy. Can I sleep with you? You'll protect me from that mean man, right?" The innocent green eyes peered up at her while placing his little hands onto her cheeks.

A few tears escaped Kagome's eyes. "Of course, Kurama-chan."

Everybody entered the house. They glanced at each other uneasily when Kurama fell asleep with his tiny hands forming fists in Kagome's raven tresses.

"So. Exactly how did this happen?" Inuyasha demanded quietly so as not to wake the small boy. `I can't believe my competition just got reduced to a child!'

Hiei heard that thought but chose not to acknowledge it. "The ring master had an assistant and he was actually aiming at me, but our fox-hero decided to take the shot for me."

"He's not gonna stay like this. Is he?" Kagome asked very quietly with tears choking her voice.

Hiei looked extremely guilty. "No. However, I have a feeling that the ring master's plans for the both of you will be less than pleasant. But after we get Kurama returned to normal we'll worry about that then."

"Looks like the second night you get to sleep with your new boyfriend." Inuyasha teased.

Kagome gave him a death stare. "Actually, technically it would be the third. And this is NOT funny, INUYASHA! Sit!"

Botan burst out laughing and Hiei fought hard to resist. Unfortunately, little Kurama woke up too and saw Inuyasha buried in the carpet and started laughing as well before he fell back asleep finding comfort in Kagome's scent.

"How did you do that?" Botan asked after she recovered herself.

"I'll tell you after we return Kurama back to normal."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~Sango: Time for disclaimers, you added too many things you don't own in the chapter Belle.

~Belle: Okay, so I don't own: Inuyasha, YYH, Kenshin, or Soul Calibur II.

~Sango: Excellent! You are improving with these legal technicalities!

~Kagome: The vote is on, who is in favor of a Hiei/Botan pairing?