Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Freak Show ❯ Before Lunch ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~Belle: I'm in such a great mood that I decided to work on this chapter.

~Kurama: Yes, it seems that Belle is happy from watching Chrno Crusade episodes.

~Belle: You would be too! Chrno & Rosette are the greatest!

~Kurama: Sure they are Belle, I'd like to suggest you write the chapter now.

~Belle: Always so practical……..enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kagome was on her way to Environmental Science. She shook her head as she walked down the hallway. If only she could share with her fellow students just how bad the shape of the environment was compared to five centuries earlier!

She arrived moments before the bell rang. All the other students were sitting quietly in their seats. Something was odd, who behaves on the first day of class? Perhaps her peers knew something about this teacher that she was not aware.

A tall, meaty man slammed the door shut behind Kagome as the tardy bell echoed through the hall. His dark eyes stared through her as if she was some sort of unworthy vermin. "Ms. Higarashi, how nice of you to decide to join us today."

"My apologies Sensei, I did not realize how close to the tardy bell I would be arriving. I am not very familiar with the school." Kagome answered with an apologetic bow before moving to the last empty seat. The other students watched her move but remained silent.

"I am perfectly aware of how unfamiliar you are with the school. Perhaps if you bothered to attend it once in a while you would know your way around." The teacher continued as he moved to sit on the stood behind the podium at the front of the class.

Kagome remained silent. Obviously the teacher didn't like her because she was absent so frequently. He must have looked up her attendance before the semester began. She sat in her seat with perfect posture, trying in vain to redeem his poor opinion of her.

"My name is Yukanata, you may call me Sensei. This is Environmental Science. I'm not your father so don't ask me to baby you because I could care less. I request you be punctual and complete your assignments. Don't piss me off and I won't make your life hell. Any questions?" Sensei Yukanata inquired, meeting absolute silence from his students.

"That's what I like to hear," he replied in reference to the silence. "We're going to start off with a roll playing game, Predator versus Prey. Barah and Higarashi, you are going to be the predators, everyone else that leaves you as prey. Let's head out." He stood from his stool and opened the door, ushering the confused students out into the hallway. He then led them to the courtyard behind the school.

The class composition was about two-thirds female and one-third male. It seemed that a great many of the females were whispering to each other seeming to be plotting some sort of scheme. Kagome watched them nervously. Ever since the broadcast about her and Kurama she was afraid that his "fan club" might seek retribution.

"Alright, Barah and Higarashi I want you two to stand at opposite ends of this thirty foot square area. I realize you are sickly Kagome, but do your best." Yukanata spoke sarcastically. He then turned to the rest of the students to explain the role playing game. The prey were to try to get from point A to point B and not be caught by the predators.

It was a simply game really. It was more or less a version of 'Tag.' Yukanata held up a whistle to his lips and blew, signaling the start of the game.

"Get her!" One of the girls that were conspiring shouted, pointing a finger at Kagome. She and ten other girls raced towards Kagome and tackled her to the ground.

"Wait! Wait! You idiots misunderstood the rules! The predator attacks the prey, this is unheard of having the prey attack the predator. I should fail you all for being stupid!" Sensei shouted, clearing annoyed that his little educational game was out of control.

Kagome tried to kick her way out of the dog-pile, but the result was her calf being bitten. Growling in pain at that blow Kagome's miko powers began to flare up and a bright light began to glow, blinding the crazed fan girls. During their distraction, Kagome managed to kick her way out successfully.

Sensei was shaking his head because his sport was ruined. "That's it, for being complete idiots, the entire class will write a five page paper, due tomorrow, about predator and prey relations."

Kagome, walked far away from the crazed girls towards the boys in the classroom. A few of the boys were smiling at her in a rather charming, yet unnerving, fashion. "Hey, Kagome, why don't you walk back with us. We'll make sure they don't try coming after you anymore."

Kagome gave them an unsure smile and walked beside them in hopes to be protected for at least the time being. She didn't realize how jealous people would be of her and Kurama. She laughed silently to herself, she wondered how many of those girls would wet their pants if they saw Kurama's true form with razor sharp claws and fangs!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kurama kept sneaking glances at his watch. Kagome should have met him for lunch by now. Yusuke was plucking leaves from the great Oak tree they stood under and idly shred the leaves from it. Kuwabara, thank goodness, had a different lunch period than them.

"So, how's your day been?" Yusuke asked after picking an entire branch clean of leaves and deciding to find something else to occupy his time. Keiko had the same lunch as Kuwabara, something he'd need to take care of later.

Kurama sighed quietly and reaching his hand to his neck to smooth out the knots that had formed there due to his stressful day. "I'm just thankful that it is lunch time. It would seem now that I am off the market that the female population is more determined to steal my affections. Apparently, there were fears that I was gay and now that they have been vanquished they are more resolute."

"Uh huh," Yusuke answered, not really listening. "I don't think I'm going to bother coming to school. I mean, I don't even have lunch with Keiko, so what's the point?"

"Yusuke, your education is important." Kurama chided him, mind off his watch as he sought to convince his brazen friend not be foolish.

"It's not that important. I mean, you and Kagome are going to go live in the demon world how is the education you are getting here helpful to there?" Yusuke argued.

"But you will not be living in Maikai will you? Besides, I do not recall having made any claims that I plan on returning there with Kagome." Kurama narrowed his emerald eyes at Yusuke. Perhaps Hiei mentioned his plans? No, that seemed unlikely, Hiei only tolerated Yusuke begrudgingly.

"Returning where with me?" Kagome asked as she ran to Kurama and wrapped her arms around his waist from behind, while burying her face in his long red locks. It was such a comfort to see him after her rough morning. At least nothing else had happened to her after Environmental Science.

"We were just waiting on you," Kurama replied, turning in her embrace to kiss her lightly on her forehead. He lifted her bangs out of her eyes and smiled at her sweetly, proud of the fact that his charm caused her to ignore the fact that he avoided her inquiry.

"It's about time, Kagome. We were about to you leave your sorry self here." Yusuke announced with a scowl upon his face.

Kagome laughed at his response and stepped away from Kurama, only to grab hold of his hand and hold it tightly within her own. She shook her head at Yusuke. "Poor guy, I guess Keiko must have B lunch."

"Whatever, it's not like I care." Yusuke denied shoving his hands deep within his pockets and beginning to leave the school grounds. Kurama and Kagome followed close behind.

"Where are we going?" Kagome asked, cautious of Yusuke leading, most likely he was thinking of ways to skip school.

Kurama squeezed her hand before answering. "We decided to eat lunch off campus. It's an upperclassman privilege. How were your classes?"

Kagome groaned at the question. "Terrible. It seems that anything with estrogen has it out for me now. Why must you be so irresistible?"

Kurama grinned at the complement and his emerald eyes twinkled. "You should be lucky that you have me all to yourself then. You should feel honored in fact."

"Well at least all the guys in my class and the girls in happy relationships were pleasant to me. How was your morning?" Kagome didn't notice the frown upon Kurama's face for half of her declaration.

"It was tolerable. My classes seem a little less challenging than I would prefer, but it should be simple to retain my number one rank this way. I had to deal with obsessive girls, but at least the boys that hoped I was gay are either disappointed and leaving me alone or out for blood now that their girlfriends want me." Kurama exaggerated a little bit for that last part, but enjoyed watching Kagome's face turn red in annoyance.

"You two hurry up!" Yusuke called from quite a distance. "I want to order my food soon and have time to eat it. You can discuss who has more stalkers later."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Inuyasha swung his legs back and forth in from his high branch in the Godtree. He was keeping his nose open for any signs of Kagome's returning scent. He had a feeling that soon they would face Naraku in the final count down. He wanted it over with.

But then, once Naraku was destroyed and the Shikon no Tama complete, did that mean he would never see Kagome again? She was his best friend in her two different lives. As Kikyo she was the first to recognize and welcome him. As Kagome, she was the first to truly accept him.

What would he wish for when he acquired the jewel? No longer did he really want to a complete demon. He was accepted as a hanyou. And acceptance was the only real reason why he wanted turned. Besides, he didn't need the jewel's magic to make him into a demon.

He looked down at his wrist and examined the purple stripe. He and the rest of the shard collecting team were fighting a giant youkai of great strength. During the battle, Inuyasha had become separated from Tetsusaiga and transformed when his demon blood broke the seal. His vision had become crimson as he slayed the beast with his bare claws.

An urge to see Kagome overtook him, as instincts played the major role in his actions in his transformed state. But when he came to the well, he was unable to pass through. Someone had sealed it from the other side.

Instead, he took refuge in the Godtree. Here he had been waiting for nearly five hours. He wasn't sure where the rest of his friends were, but he knew that Kagome would be returning soon and she was the only thing he could think about at the time.

With no immediate threats, this was the first time that in his demon form; Inuyasha was able to appreciate his increased strength. His mind was a mess but he was more able to focus than previously.

Miroku and Sango would probably arrive pretty soon and deliver Tetsusaiga. A vicious laugh escaped his lips. They would be wise to stay away for they would present very entertaining targets.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Koenma smiled nervously at Botan. She quirked a confused blue eye brow. "So let me get this straight. You are asking me out on a date?" She questioned in bewilderment.

Koenma frowned, his teenage façade threatening to revert to the toddler if he didn't retain his composure. "Did Kurama not talk to you?"

Botan shook her head, "No, but he said he needed to talk to me." She raised her hand to her mouth and chewed in a fingernail thoughtfully. "Is this what he wanted to talk to me about?"

Nodding, Koenma took a deep breath and mustered the last of his courage reserved. "So will you consider accompanying me on a date then?"

The blue haired grim reaper shrugged and offered a carefree smile. "Sure." Koenma flickered to his toddler form then back to the teen form in his excitement. He gave a self conscious smile and Botan only giggled softly amused.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The lord of the Western Lands had slain another youkai trespassing in his lands. He decided to travel to the find his old friend Youko and the miko, Kagome and offer them as gifts. He was bored and with no sign of Naraku decided the trip would offer a break to the monotony of his week.

As he approached Inuyasha's forest on his red cloud of Ki he was surprised at the scent of his half-brother. He held the blood of a full demon at the moment. Apparently the careless fool did not possess Tetsusaiga.

Sesshoumaru continued onward towards his younger brother. He would have to stand watch over the fool in this state. Perhaps he could knock him out again. When he was unconscious he tended to revert back to his filthy blooded self.

Upon further investigation, Sesshoumaru could smell something unusual. His brother was, calm. At least, he was calm until Sesshoumaru came within range of his enhanced nose. A sardonic laugh resounded from the hanyou at the approaching challenge of his older brother.

"I don't have Tetsusaiga with me this time Fluffy." Inuyasha cracked manically, flexing his claws in anticipation for bloodshed.

A perfectly sculpted ivory brow was raised at the comment. "Did you just call this Sesshoumaru, Fluffy?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~Sesshoumaru: Belle

~Belle: Yeah?

~Sesshoumaru: You make them wait a month and this is all you have written?

~Belle: Don't you think it was okay?

~Sesshoumaru: I can't believe you called me Fluffy.