Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Freak Show ❯ Kagome Vs Fangirls ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~Kurama: I've been dreading this chapter.

~Belle: It won't be so bad!

~Kagome: But my life will be in danger!

~Kurama: Nah, it won't be in danger with me by your side.

~Belle: Well, isn't that sweet?

R&R!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kurama rolled onto his side, trying to deny that the morning had come. He attacked his evil alarm clock that kept screaming at him. He arched his back and stretched his arms wide, and after popping his shoulders he felt a little refreshed.

"Seven o'clock," he muttered aloud, finally reading those bright green numbers on the digital clock on his bedside table. "I'm running late."

He quickly ran to the bathroom and brushed his gleaming white teeth. He tugged on the school uniform, thankful that this year he would no longer be forced to wear pink. He shuttered to think of what Kagome would think of him seeing that pink attire. Granted, it did little to detour those devoted fangirls of his.

His mother had already left for work that morning, so breakfast consisted of a bagel on the go. He threw open the front door and grinned from ear to ear when he saw Hiei and his black car in his driveway. Slowly he secured the front door behind him, before addressing his visitor.

"Good morning Hiei," Kurama greeted, grin still wide.

Hiei crossed his arms in annoyance. "Don't even think it fox. You are not driving my car."

Kurama walked closer to him, his Youko alter ego seeking the opportunity to steal the keys out of the fire-demon's hands. It would do wonders for his self-esteem to steal from his temperamental friend.

"I decided to offer you a ride, since we didn't get to talk yesterday." Hiei answered walking back to his ride with Kurama suspiciously close. Before Hiei could use his better judgment he found that his keys were no longer in his possession.

"Fox! I said you can't drive my car!" Hiei roared, his eyes flashing blood red in rage.

Emerald eyes showed only amusement at his over-dramatic reaction. Kurama simply twirled the key ring around his pointer-finger. "If you let me drive, I promise I'll listen."

"Hn. I don't know what has been getting into you. Ever since you've returned from your imprisonment with the Ring Master you've been less serious and too mischievous for your own good." Hiei told him as he opened his back seat and lay down upon the leather cushions.

Kurama slid into the driver's seat and stuck the key into the ignition. "What do you mean for my own good?"

Bitter laugher assaulted Kurama's ears as answer. "You lost your life as Youko because you couldn't be serious. If you do that again as Shuuichi you will not get another chance." Hiei answered in his serious tones, his laughter cut short.

"Okay fine, what did you want to tell me? By the way, is it okay if I drive past Kagome's, she walks to school and since I'm running early now," Kurama started voicing his thoughts.

Hiei waved his hand in the air. "Whatever, as long as you shut the hell up and listen."

"You must really learn to control your temper my fiery friend." Kurama scolded him in his calm fatherly tone.

"That's why I'm in the back seat. Jr. made me take anger management so I'm practicing right now." Hiei explained, growling slightly at the embarrassing revelation. Why would Koenma suggest he take anger management? He didn't have a problem with his temper!

"I see. So, what is going on?" Kurama asked.

Not bothering to sit up from his position Hiei began, "something odd happened while I was in the past. I believe it was Naraku, was placing doubts into my mind through a telepathic connection. I don't think I should I should go back there. I may accidentally kill her."

The car came to a sudden halt. Kurama turned in the front seat to stare at his completely relaxed vertically challenged friend. "What do you mean you may accidentally kill her?"

Eyes still shut in relaxation, "the idea of her using you and betraying you just kept crossing my mind. Her former incarnation, Kikyo, did try to kill Inuyasha."

"Yeah, and Kagome brought him back to life. I trust Kagome completely and if she wants to betray me and kill me, which I don't believe she would do that for a minute, then let her. I want you to promise that you will never harm her." Kurama spoke once more with the cold calculating voice he was feared for. It was the voice that promised a cruel, torturous death for any who defied his orders.

"Fine, but just realize that if that Naraku character was able to penetrate my mind, it would be much easier for him to plant such thoughts of betrayal and fear into the more susceptible minds of her companions." Hiei answered finally opening his eyes and meeting the cold emerald glare without any fear.

"Doubtful." Kurama muttered before turning back around and starting the car back up.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thank goodness her new high school didn't have the same uniform as her middle school. Kurama began to slow the speed of the car and pace alongside a young lady who was walking towards the school away from the Higarashi Shrine.

She turned to see whom her stalker was and smiled in greeting as she began to walk toward the car.

Kurama pulled the car to a stop and reached across the passenger seat to open it for her. "Hey baby, want a lift?"

The girl looked to her right and left quick with shifty eyes. "I don't know. My boyfriend doesn't like me accepting things from strange men," she whispered back confidentiality.

Kurama pat the seat to encourage her to sit. "It will be our little secret. Besides I don't bite, much."

"Just get in the car woman," Hiei commanded annoyed with their banter.

Kagome looked slightly offended by Hiei's voice. His words didn't matter, because she'd heard a lot more harsh from Inuyasha. She was afraid that perhaps he was angry with her. But those thoughts soon flew from her mind when she spotted the look Kurama was casting her of a sad puppy.

Kagome couldn't keep up the act anymore and laughed heartily at the boy before sitting herself in the seat. She smiled at her boyfriend while her hand was on the door handle to shut it.

Before she could shut it though, Kurama leaned across her and shut her door for her. After that action he leaned his forearms across her thighs and lifted his face to kiss her softly on the lips. "Good morning."

Kagome ran her fingers through his red, silky hair. "It is indeed a good morning now."

Kurama met her lips again while raising his left hand to her safety belt and buckling it. "We have to keep you safe," he replied before pulling away completely to start the car up again.

In the backseat, Hiei was afraid his eyes would permanently become rolled up towards the sky. He much preferred the cold calculating persona of Kurama he had grown to be friends with. The rekindling passion of Youko could and would bring trouble. Shuuichi Minamino was acting like your typical hormone-crazed teenaged boy.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The high school soon came into view. It seemed as if all movement had ceased to exist a the black car pulled up to the front of the school. The driver door opened to reveal the red-headed bishonen. A shorter man hopped out of the back seat and moved into the front.

What drew the attention of the student body was when Shuuichi Minamino approached the passenger door and opened it to help out Kagome Higarashi.

The whispers started. Why was the most popular guy driving to school with the mysterious sickly girl who was always missing classes? And why was he holding her hand?

The Shuuichi Minamino fanclub soon aggregated and swarmed towards the pair. Kurama squeezed Kagome's hand tightly and offered an encouraging smile for he knew they were about to face the horror of his fangirls.

"Oh Shuuichi-san! You're so sweet to take pity on that sick girl," a bleach blond gushed.

"Yeah, but we don't want you to get sick, so why don't you just let go of her hand now. I'm sure it's probably infected with all sorts of nasty diseases." A girl with short black hair that bobbed up and down with every word suggested.

"She's just imposing on your caring nature. She's such a tramp!" A teenager that looked remarkably like Ayame declared.

"Don't let her take advantage of you!"

Kurama was growing angry. He was proud that Kagome was simply letting the insults roll off her shoulders. It must have had to do with dealing with irate dog demons and their tempers all the time.

Kurama released Kagome's hand, to the ooos and awwws of his fanclub. Then he wrapped his arm possessively across her thin shoulders to pull her close against him. He almost smiled when she melted within his touch, but needed to keep focused.

"I'd appreciate it if you'd not bother my girlfriend." He knew it was useless to ask them to leave him alone, but maybe they'd not mess with Kagome. Stupidly, he forgot to consider all the angry and jealous glares she would receive at his declaration of their being an item.

After walking through the fangirls that parted like the Red Sea at his proclamation Kagome's trio of friends from middle school soon came running towards her.

"Oh no," Kagome groaned only to receive a gentle squeeze of the shoulder and a puzzled look from her escort.

"It's my friends from junior high school. They are going to try to find out the scoop." Kagome explained to which Kurama nodded in understanding but held onto her shoulder tighter.

As the three girls slid to a halt in front of them and stared at the couple in silence Kurama came up with an idea. The girl wearing the headband was reaching to pull his Kagome away. He had to do something to stop that from happening.

"Excuse me, but I'd prefer if you didn't steal my girlfriend away from me. I hardly get to see her enough with how sick she is, I'd like to make the most of my time with her." Kurama told the three girls that were now looking at him with stars in their eyes. God, he was so glad that Kagome wasn't like that!

"Sure, no problem. Kagome, we'll talk to you in class later, Ja!" Eri answered before ushering the other three away.

"See, I told you this wouldn't be so bad," Kurama smiled.

Kagome merely rolled her eyes at him. "Are you crazy? Classes haven't even started yet."

"Yeah, well we dealt with the fangirls and with your friends, what else is there?" Kurama innocently asked.

"Higarashi! I can't believe you made it! I was planning on going by your house after classes to drop off some new herbs I discovered that help increase your learning capacity." Hojo rushed up to the pair, completely ignoring Kurama.

The fox ground his teeth at the obvious disregard this human male was giving him. "Excuse me, who are you?" Kurama asked politely, as he enjoyed watching the smile fall from Hojo's face to be replaced with a slight frown.

"Oh, Shuuichi, don't be silly. I told you all about my dear friend Hojo-kun," Kagome answered, effectively dissolving the tension. "Hojo-kun, this is my boyfriend Shuuichi Minamino."

"We know each other." Hojo answered slightly darkly. Whereas Kurama was number one in his class, Hojo was the top student in Kagome's class.

Kurama was still slightly dizzy from Kagome calling him Shuuichi. That name just felt wrong coming from her lips. "We must be going now." Kurama led Kagome towards the building office to pick up their schedules.

"I'll see you in class Hojo-kun!" Kagome called over her shoulder, only to receive a faint smile in response and wave of the hand.

"You better not see him in class," Kurama replied as he opened the door to the office. Most students picked up their class schedules the Friday of the previous week when the school was open for a teacher work day. He would have picked hers up, but they only allowed the individual to do so.

"Don't be jealous Shuuichi darling. I may see him in class but I only have eyes for you. Well, you and maybe Sesshoumaru," she teased to watch him get riled up.

It worked.

Kurama turned her to face him. "Tell me you're not serious!"

Kagome couldn't contain the laughter bubbling inside and Kurama visibly relaxed at that reaction. "The look on your face was priceless!"

The red head bishonen could only shake his head at her before looking at the schedule she just picked up. "What a coincidence, we have all of our first period and last period elective classes together," he told her in false surprise.

Kagome snatched the schedule to read over it, confusion etched her features. "But I didn't sign up for Art and auto-shop."

"I signed you up last week."

"But with as much school I miss I won't be able to handle those kinds of classes," Kagome told him worriedly.

"No problem, I spoke with the teachers. I'll be giving you personal lessons in art. And as far as shop is concerned we work in groups of three. You're grade is a result of the finished product. You don't even need to show up for class as long as the car gets finished." Kurama explained leading Kagome towards her locker which mysteriously ended up right beside his own.

She looked at him suspiciously again but only received an innocent shrug of the shoulders. "So who are my partners in auto-shop?"

"Yusuke and I are your partners. It will be fun! I'll get to see you all dirty with little smudge marks on your face," he teased while flicking his fingers across the tip of her nose.

Kagome's nose scrunched up at the abuse. "But you see me dirty all the time."

"True enough, the first class of the day is Art though, so let's get going." Shuuichi Minamino could be seen walking at a brisk pace down the halls with one Kagome Higarashi in tow.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hello class, my name is Professor Tasuki. (A/N: I don't own FY) I'm very excited that you all decided to take Art with me this year. This first period is a special section with only ten students total. You were all selected because you show great promise and potential."

The teacher was a young man with bright red hair and golden eyes that seemed on fire. You could tell he was going to be cool with the fanged canine teeth and earrings. If one didn't know any better you'd think he was some sort of bandit from a story book.

Kurama looked over at Kagome, who sat beside him and winked. She did not look very comfortable. He knew Tasuki very well from certain dealings with Koenma. When Kurama had asked him if there was a way he would consider enrolling Kagome in the class the professor had been very interested. He said that he knew she would have a very unique view-point.

Professor Tasuki seemed to notice the discomfort in one of his students. "Ms. Higarashi, I am aware that you miss a great deal of school with your condition. Do not worry; this will not be a problem. I'm interested in what you see, not your attendance." He smiled at her in a reassuring manner and Kagome instantly liked the man.

"Thank you sir," Kagome answered with a genuine smile.

"No problem at all." He turned towards the television set in the middle of the room, hanging on the wall up high. "I was told that the journalism department would be starting their student news today, so we will watch it for the next ten minutes before I explain what we do in this class."

The television flickered on and the student run broadcast show was beginning. Three teens smiled through the screen, one boy and two girls.

The girl in the middle spoke first. "Greetings fellow students! Welcome to another great start. We originally intended on opening our show with a segment about various summer activities different student organizations participated in. However, we have a late-breaking story."

The boy cleared his throat. "It would seem that the student population is in an uproar over the scene from this morning. What is the world coming to when such a shocking realization strikes us? Sabrina, will take it from her," he introduced the third anchorperson.

"It would seem that Shuuichi Minamino has crushed the hearts of his loyal fanclub. He has started dating the mysterious Kagome Higarashi! Who is this girl really? What do we know about her? For years she has had horrible attendance due to various rare illnesses." Sabrina began.

"I'll tell you what I know about her," the boy interrupted glaring at Sabrina. "She's the hottest girl in the school. That's why Minamino is with her. It's been the fantasy of every guy in the locker room to get to know Higarashi up close and personal. We know she's not really sick all the time. Look at her body! She's a total athlete!"

"What are you talking about? She obviously used some sort of witch craft to coerce poor Minamino into dating her." Sabrina complained.

The boy laughed, while the original girl kept moving her head back and forth between the two, confused. This wasn't the story they were supposed to be talking about!

"It's obvious that you are too jealous to notice. Every one knows that Higarashi works for some sort of secret government agency solving top secret crimes. You probably owe her your life! I know I'd love to show her my appreciation," the dark haired boy winked suggestively at the camera.

Kagome's hand flew to her mouth and Kurama's jaw went slack as they both stared at the screen in shock.

"Jeff, Sabrina, I don't know this is all about. It thought we were supposed to be speaking about the new Art teacher and the program he started," the girl in the middle tried to appease her two co-anchors.

"Sabrina's just pissed because her little fanclub will have to dissolve since Shuuichi is off the market." Jeff replied sticking his tongue out at the girl.

"Shove it Jeff. You're just upset because your fantasy girl isn't so unreal now." Sabrina growled back at him, confused why the insult sounded so much better in her head than out loud.

"Whatever, so yeah, there is a new Art teacher. He has some new program. Higarashi and Minamino are in his class right now!" Jeff turned to inform the camera/student body.

Ginger pulled at her hair. "You're fired! Both of you are fired! I will not work with such unprofessional people."

"You can't fire us, this is volunteer!"

Professor snapped out of his stupor and shut off the television. "That's enough of that. I always knew that television fried your brain. By the way, Shuuichi and Kagome, you are always welcome to hide out in the Art room if your fans get too intense."

Kagome stared at Kurama. "Okay, so maybe things will go better now?" he offered uncertainty evident in his green eyes.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

TBC