Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Freak Show ❯ Inuyasha Vs Kurama ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Man, I really threw you guys for a loop on that last chapter! Muwhahahaha! Ummm if you wanted an Inu/Kag ending, stop reading now and pretend that when Kurama arrived at their location, they fought and Kagome decided to stay with Inuyasha because he needed her more. If you want to see Kurama/Kagome keep reading. I thought about doing two endings, but I'm exhausted so that's just not going to happen. Sorry!

Chapter 24:

Inuyasha Versus Kurama

Everything was a red haze. His thoughts were muddled and confused. Why did he make that wish? He looked at the unconscious woman sitting across from him in the cave he ran to, almost on instinct, he ran to this cave.

Inuyasha looked down at his clawed fingertips. They were sharper now, much sharper. He now had stripes along his wrists and no doubt along his cheekbones. He probably looked a lot more like his older brother now. He was curious where else he had stripes. He's probably find out later, now was not the time to explore such things.

It was strange really. This was the first time he had been in this form, a demon form, and still possessed his mind. Ever since he had met his companions and had his father's blood take control he had been driven mad. He had no rational thought. The only thing that had raced through his mind was the need to kill.

Fortunately, that was not the case this time. The jewel had disappeared into Kagome's flesh as soon as he uttered those words. The look of him filled her with fear and she had screamed at a horrible high pitch. It hurt his ears and knocked the pressure point at the base of her skull to render her unconscious.

That's when he felt some force drawing him to this cave. He was curious. Could he now create energy whips like Sesshoumaru? Did he have a giant dog form that he could change into? Were his eyes crimson or golden? He wasn't sure if he was relieved or disappointed to discover that his ears remained as they were. But, after all, Youko Kurama was a full fox demon and he had canine ears.

He could hear Kagome's breathing steadily increasing in rate. She was about to waken.

Kagome sat up and rubbed the back of her head. It was rather sore for some strange reason. She looked around in confusion. She seemed to be in a dark cave but the last thing she remembered was talking with Inuyasha and then. And then, he made that wish!

"Inuyasha! What have you done?" Kagome shouted as she stared at his figure across from her on the opposite wall.

The ears on the top of his silver head flattened at her harsh tone. "Kagome, I didn't mean to wish for this." Inuyasha told her, his voice was deeper now. It sounded more majestic and refined.

"Are you still you?" Kagome dared to venture as she crawled over towards him on hands and knees. Concern for her friend had always held a greater weight than any fear she had for him.

Inuyasha crossed his arms over his chest, in a comfortingly familiar manner and uttered, "Keh." He frowned at his own predictable answer before uncrossing his arms and looking back at Kagome. "I didn't intend this." He told her. There was a sudden urge rising within him.

The need to hold Kagome in his arms and was starting to unnerve him, the sight of her on her hands and knees was not helping the matter. Kagome smiled at him and closed the distance between them enough to lightly pat his knee. "I know Inuyasha. It was a mistake."

"Was it?" He asked softly. His eyes searched hers for an answer. He could feel his demon blood calling out for her. With his unquestionable power he knew he was worthy of her. So why shouldn't he take her?

Inuyasha's lip curled into a wicked smile as he caught Kagome unawares as she contemplated his question. He pinned her body beneath his own on the cave floor and pressed his lips to hers. As he was descending he saw his reflection in her wide eyes. His eyes were golden.

A foreboding feeling began to bother Inuyasha, but he ignored it. The urge to make Kagome his held precedence over everything else. It wasn't until the vines wrapped around his wrists and forcibly yanked him away from Kagome did he realize just what had caused that feeling.

Perhaps he shouldn't have ignored it.

Standing in the entrance of the cave, with a pair of rose whips in his hands stood the form of Youko Kurama. The gusts of wind behind him blew the strands of his long silver hair and his fox tail about. His molten gold eyes shown with an intensity that had been the last vision that countless individuals had witnessed before they met their end.

"She is mine," Kurama informed the former hanyou coolly. He looked past Inuyasha who was temporarily incapacitated and was satisfied to see that Kagome was fine. Her lips appeared bruised however and that caused an unhappy growl to reverberate through the Kitsune's chest.

Inuyasha used his claws to slice through the thorny rose whip. His demon blood healed his wounds instantaneously, leaving only angry red reminders of the insult on his flesh. His red fire rat haori was sitting on the other side of the cave. He had laid the unconscious form of Kagome on it earlier.

Inuyasha stood before Youko, an open challenge in his eyes. He crackled his knuckles and laughed menacingly. "A test perhaps? Should I see what my new powers will provide?"

Kurama retracted what was left of his rose whips and they grew anew. "Do try, I'm always up for a challenge. Just realize that you will not win when my mate is involved."

"She is not yours."

Kurama smiled as he smashed the two whips together to create one thick one. He then released a volley of razor sharp rose pedals directed at Inuyasha from his now free hand. "That is where you are wrong. No one steals from Youko Kurama."

Inuyasha surprised himself when he managed to form a whip of his own from a green energy that he never before possessed. It reminded him of Sesshoumaru's energy whip. He flicked it before his body rapidly and destroyed every one of the projectiles Kurama sent at him.

"It would seem that your attacks are fruitless fox."

"Hardly," Kurama answered as the shattered rose pedals stirred on the cave floor and began to grow into giant bushes. A cage of rose stems soon surrounded Inuyasha. Kurama walked calmly towards Kagome and kneeled beside her. "Are you alright?"

Kagome nodded. "I'm fine. Really Kurama, he didn't mean for this to happen it was the jewel that made him make such a wish."

"I'll bet," Kurama agreed sarcastically, his fox ears twitched at the sound of Inuyasha shattering his thorny prison.

"I grow tired of this," Inuyasha informed the pair, his voice bitterly frigid. He reached back his claws and aimed them directly at Kurama. "Iron reaver soul stealer!" He cried as his familiar attack took its toll on the Kitsune who didn't avoid the attack for fear that Kagome would be on the receiving end.

"You fool!" Kurama cried, blood running from the multiple wounds he had taken on the last attack. He rushed Inuyasha and grabbed either side of his head and pulled him in for a hard head butt. The sound of their colliding skulls resounded throughout the walls of the cave.

"You could have hurt Kagome!" Kurama glowered at him as he rubbed his sore forehead. Inuyasha was standing dazed a foot away rubbing his forehead as well.

Inuyasha looked past him towards Kagome before looking back at Kurama. "No I wouldn't have." Inuyasha explained calmly. His voice was now more dissonate. "My attack would have failed to harm her because they were not aimed in your direction but locked on your youki specifically. Besides you wouldn't have let them hit her."

"Fool," Kurama spit the word out like a poison. "She wears my ring, my youki is tied with her miko powers."

Cocking his head to one side, Inuyasha considered the information. "You don't say. Perhaps if I remove that then."

Kagome rose to her feet and stood in front of Kurama, effectively making it so that neither would attack the other. Kurama would have pushed her out of his way, but didn't want to hurt her in the process so he trusted her judgement.

Instead, he placed his hands upon her shoulders and watched Inuyasha's every move closely.

"Inuyasha, please. You were speaking reasonably earlier. Why are you acting like this now?" Kagome demanded. The pinkish stripes on Inuyasha's cheeks were becoming jagged and his golden eyes had started to turn pink. She recognized those traits to be the same of Sesshoumaru before he turned into his giant dog demon form. Inuyasha needed to regain his control before matters got out of hand.

He closed his eyes. He could feel his temper had risen to great levels. His dog-demon blood had called out for blood, specifically that of his rival. When he opened his eyes again, they no longer had flecks of crimson but were a molten gold once more. "Kagome? What's going on?"

Kagome stepped out of Kurama's arms and made her way to Inuyasha. She grabbed each of his wrists and pulled his hands together towards her face where she kissed his knuckles. "Listen Inuyasha. You made a wish on the jewel and that's over and done with. Do not do anything foolish. I can not be your mate, I am already promised to Kurama."

"But, you and I are soul mates. We've known each other longer. We've been destined for one another," Inuyasha exclaimed pulling his and Kagome's hands to his chest in desperation. She needed to see the logic of the entire situation.

Kurama watched the scene in annoyance. His silver tail flicked back and forth irritated. Why wouldn't Kagome just let him and Inuyasha battle for her like demons? That's obviously what Inuyasha wanted. Besides, that way, the victor got Kagome and the loser was dead, so no future problems. However, he doubted if his newly acquired petty human conscious agreed with that line of reasoning.

"I don't want either of you two to get hurt. And if one of you killed the other, I would hate the killer for the rest of my life." Kagome began. Both men slumped at that declaration. "Look Inuyasha, I met Kurama for a reason. Maybe if I hadn't met him things would be different."

Inuyasha opened his mouth to protest, the words begging to spill forth. Kagome shook her head no and denied him speaking privileges.

"Let me finish. But the truth is I did meet Kurama. It was my destiny to do so, just as it was my destiny to fall through the well in the first place. Kurama is from my time so I would have met him if I fell through the well or not." Behind her, Kagome could hear Kurama clear his throat. He was probably going to point out the flaws in her analogy, but that would not help the situation so she ignored him.

"The point is, Kurama was here for me when I needed someone most. While you were off gallivanting with Kikyo in the woods you expected me to ignorantly fawn over you. I devoted several years to you and only you. And Kouga doesn't count!" She added when his mouth opened to argue that point.

"Inuyasha," Kurama spoke this time, standing behind Kagome again and resting his hand upon her hip. His thumb caressed the bone that jutted out there ever so slightly before he continued. "You had your chance and you blew it. You blew it multiple times. I was reborn in Kagome's time and it is my belief that she and I were destined for one another."

Inuyasha raised a hand to his mouth and covered it as he allowed his eyes to explore the roof of the cave. He was a full demon now and his strength was undeniable. He wanted Kagome as his mate, but she obviously had chosen another. And begrudgingly he'd have to admit she would probably be happier with the fox. They certainly had less arguments with one another.

Decision made he locked eyes with Kagome. "If he ever does anything to break your heart, you come to me right away." Inuyasha then took off leaving the two alone in the cave.

Kagome turned around and wrapped her arms around Kurama's neck. She stood on tiptoe and kissed him softly on the lips. After a few moments of lingering warmth between the two she pulled back. "I think that went rather well."

Kurama's tail flickered back and forth like an excited puppy as he continued to hold Kagome around the waist and pulled her body flush against his again. "All is well that ends well," he agreed.

Kagome enjoyed another wave of warmth as the two shared one another's company for a few more magical moments. He pulled back to allow her to catch her breath and smirked down at her, a fang poking from between his lips. "Isn't there a celebration we should be attending?"

TBC

Only one more chapter is left!!!!! It has truly been a pleasure writing this and I hope my new IY/YYH crossover is just as fun. (Treasure Buried Deep Within)