Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hands of fate ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter six
 
“Kagome!” called a motherly voice from the bottom of the stairs, “there's a really cute boy down here who wants to see you.” Kagome blushed slightly at her mother's description of Touya. A small sweat drop formed as she realized from the sound of laughter down stairs that her mother was showing her friend baby pictures.
Standing up, she felt her silvery red dress move slightly as she walked down the stairs, making sure to pick up the front of the slim dress so that she did not fall and end up on her face. Her silver shoes clicking slightly against each other as a small smile lit her face.
“Hey Touya,” she said as she walked gracefully towards him and gave him a bear hug, “lets go, Bye Mom!” And with that she hurried out of the house, Touya's hand in hers.
“You look beautiful Kagome,” said Touya a small blush on his pale face as they slowed, and he began to walk beside her. Kagome smiled brilliantly as she looked at him. He wore a light blue button-upped shirt and tan pants all ironed. Black shoes clicked slightly on the paved sidewalk as they walked towards a small restaurant.
“Thanks you do to,” she said as she to blushed a little at the compliment. Turning a corner she stopped at a golden door and looked over towards Touya giving him a look that said let me do the talking.
“Excuse me, may I help you?” asked a man, his short black hair slicked back and his dark brown eyes piercing into Touya's icy blue ones.
“A table for two please,” spoke Kagome as she looked at Touya warningly. The man simply nodded and showed them to a table. It was small and held a small candle in the middle with a beautiful white table cloth, two menus sat in front of each seat as the waiter pulled back the chair for Kagome. Kagome smiled a thank you before looking back into Touya's now inquisitive eyes.
“Kagome,” began Touya first, his hands holding the menu in his pale hands, “I do believe that you have some explaining. Such as how you are both miko and Youkai at the same time?”
“Oh yes, about that, I guess I should start at the beginning, but you have to tell me what Makai and all that other crap is next, okay?”
“Fine,”
“Good, well it all began on my fifteenth birthday, that would have been about two years ago, I fell into the shrine well on our grounds. You see I was going to get my cat out of the well when a youkai popped out of the well and pulled me in. It told me it was after the Shikon no Tama that resided within my body when I accidentally blew up its arm.
Anyways, somehow I ended up in the feudal era and accidentally unleashed a dog haynou that had been placed under a sleeping spell by the previous miko of the village. Her name was Kikyo. Well the demon that had pulled me in was a centipede demon and it cut me causing the Shikon no tama popped out…”
“You mean the legendary Shikon no tama was actually in your body?”
“Iie, something to do with it having burnt with Kikyo's body and because she was my incarnate it was given me to guard. Right, back to the story, the dog haynou, InuYasha, thought I was Kikyo and tried to kill me; thanks to the miko of the nearby village I was able to restrain him from killing me and we became friends.”
“You became friends with someone who was trying to kill you?”
“Sure, he didn't really know that I wasn't Kikyo so it was okay.”
“The dead miko?”
“Yeps, well I accidentally shattered the jewel in an attempt to protect it and now we're fighting a war against an evil haynou named Naraku that only wants the jewel so that it can taint it with malice and hatred.”
“You're fighting this war with only a haynou that tried to kill you?”
“Of course not,” announced Kagome with wide eyes, “we have Miroku, a cursed lecherous monk; Sango, a Tayija that lost her entire family to Naraku; Shippo, a Kitsune kit who lost his family to some Youkai that wanted his shikon shards; Kirrara, Sango's youkai cat; and Kagura, the reason I'm not human any more. ”
“So she turned you into a youkai?”
“Somewhat, you see she is a piece of Naraku…”
“A piece of Naraku?” interrupted Touya.
“Well, Naraku is actually a human that allowed thousands of youkai to inhabit his body in, thus Onigumo, the thief, became Naraku and was able to create minion out of the demons within. Kagura was a wind witch that hated Naraku…
“If she hated him why did she stay?”
“She didn't have a choice, he held her heart and thanks to the ritual that we performed she was able to give me her wind powers in exchange for a heart.”
“So you gave her your heart?” asked Touya eyes wide in amazement.
“No! Oh no, the ritual gave her the heart of a pig and my blood set her free from Naraku.”
“You have a blood bond with one of Naraku's parts?”
“Yeh, hey our foods here,” announced Kagome as she smiled happily at the food she had order while telling her story.
“So what about you? What is Makai? And where are all of the other demons? How did you know I was a miko? What is Rekai Tantei...?”
“Slow down,” replied Touya, his eyes filled with amassment at how fast the girl could ask questions. It was so interesting, she was so much like Jin, but so different.
“To begin with, Makai is a place where youkai live. Jin and I have lived their all our lives. The only reason that Youkai don't come to Nigenkai, the human world, is because there is a barrier that protects them.”
“If that is so, then why are you, Hiei, and Jin here?”
“To find the powerful miko of the area and have her join sides with Rekai.”
“Rekai?”
“Yeh, the spirit world, the Rekai Tantei are the spirit detectives. They keep the youkai out of Nigenkai and save the world.”
“So all of you are part of the Rekai Tantei?”
“Well not really, Jin and I are more of helpful allies they call upon when needed.”
“They needed you?”
“Well, mikos are not the most trusting, and we are here to help if the one they're after decides to attack.”
“Who is the miko you all are after? Do I know her?”
“You,”
“WHAT? I thought you said you were looking for a powerful Miko? I can't even defend myself in battle, unless I'm fighting stupid nigens!”
“Sure,” said Touya as he looked over the bill. Placing a tip on the table he stood and paid for the food and began to lead Kagome out of the restaurant.
Moving out into the cool air the two began to make their way out into a small park. Sitting down on a bench, neither noticed the redheaded wind master that floated soundlessly above them.
“Here,” whispered Touya as he wrapped his arm loosely around Kagome's short sleeved dress and pulled her to him. She allowed a smile to grace her lips at the warmth he gave off, to think an ice master could warm a freezing girl.
“Thanks,” she whispered as she leaned her head onto his strong shoulder. A small drop of water fell softly on Kagome's hand and she quickly looked up to see a floating wind master disappear into the woods.
“Damn it,” whispered Touya as he looked towards the direction the wind master had sped away to. The clear sunset was beginning to become cloudy and small rain drops were falling in a light rain to the ground.
“Was that Jin just now,” asked Kagome, her eyes wide as she took in the scene before her.
“Yes,” whispered Touya as he never moved his gaze from where he was looking, “I'm going to go look for him.”
“Okay, be careful, I'm going to go home. Oh, and I'll probably not come back for awhile, so if my grandpa says I have cancer or something, don't worry about it.”
“Why would you have cancer?”
“Bye,” she said as she turned to go home, ignoring Touya's last question. And just as she disappeared over the hill, her voice, carried by her element, whispered almost soundlessly over the empty space, and even through the now pounding rain…
“Good luck.”
&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
“Wench! Where the hell have you been?” screamed an angry voice from at the top of about a million stairs. Kagome sighed quietly as she looked up to find a golden eyed haynou gazing heatedly at her.
“Osuwari,” said Kagome as she moved inside and took off her now soaked dress. She smiled fondly as she heard the thump of a haynou's body hitting the ground and the string of curses he soon released. Moving gracefully into the room her eyes widened somewhat at the sight before her.
Her cousin, the one she had not seen for almost ten years sat with her little brother playing video games. Her hair hanging loosely and chocolate eyes turned towards her, shock written clearly on her face.
“Kagome your back?”
“Keiko, is that really you?” Kagome asked as she looked at the girl she had saved earlier that week.
“Of course, but I haven't seen you in like forever!”
“Yeh, umm, I thought you were coming about three days ago.”
“Oh, about that… I kind of got a little side tracked and Yusuke's friends saved me. I was unconscious for awhile.”
“Yusuke Urameshi?”
“Yes, you know him?”
“You could say that,”
“Then would you mind keeping an eye on him and making sure he doesn't try to skip classes while I'm not there to stop him?”
“Sure, but, you see I have to go to a friends place today, he's waiting for me so I had better go.”
“But you just got here!”
“I know, but maybe we can hang out later, how `bouts I call you up sometime and we can go hang out at the mall?”
“Sounds great, be careful, why don't I see you out?”
“NO!” cried Kagome in horror, blushing slightly at how she had said that she quickly tried to cover her earlier statement, “I mean no, hehehe, well you see, he might get all weird if he saw you and then would disappear…”
“Kagome get out here now!”
“OSUWARI! Well I've gotta go,” Kagome said as she smiled a soft smile and hugged her cousin close to her, “See you soon.” And with that Kagome raced out of the house straight into InuYasha and the two moved quickly into the well house and down the well into the past filled with youkai, haynous, and nigens alike to find the shards of the sacred Shikon no Tama as well as making more friends in the deadly war between races of every sort.