Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inu Meets Yu Yu ❯ Friends ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Anyway, I'll give the chapter to you like the nice author I am.

Yusuke: You forgot the disclaimer, moron.

Shut up!

*telepathically* 'thoughts' "talking"

*****

Kagome heard someone shout, but couldn't make out what it was as she was too absorbed in her own fear and painful emotion of his love for Kikyou.

Suddenly a blue light bashed into the side of Inuyasha and the force knocked him off of her and into the wall. She looked over and saw someone had there finger in a gun position that was pointed at Inuyasha, and three other boys.

She got up and kneeled by Inuyasha's body which had thankfully turned back into the hanyou form. She was greatly relieved when she felt his pulse beating.

"What did you do?" she asked the one who seemed to be responsible.

"Well excuse me for saving your butt!" he replied.

"Gomen. Thank you for that, but what DID you do?" asked Kagome

"That doesn't matter. Are you ok?" asked the red haired boy.

"Yes, only a little short of breath." she replied. 'After all, I DID run across time' she thought.

"That's good." replied the red haired boy.

"Ah. Who are you?" she asked.

"I'm Kurama, This is Hiei." said Kurama, pointing to Hiei.

"Hn." said Hiei

"That's his way of saying hello. That is Yusuke." pointing to the one who had his fingers in a gun position.

"And that is Kuwabara." pointing to the ugly orange haired boy that was staring at her.

"I'm Kagome. Higurashi Kagome." said Kagome controlling her blush as Kurama looked at her with his emerald green eyes. "And that is Inuyasha."

"You KNOW this demon?" asked the boy called Yusuke.

"Yes, and he's only a hanyou. He's kind of a friend, you see..." said Kagome, trying desperately to think of an excuse without giving away the fact that she travels through time.

"How could YOU befriend a demon?" asked Kuwabara, stunned.

"I could ask you the same question." said Kagome, one hand on her hip, the other pointing toward Kurama and Hiei, who had sensed them when a little bit of her miko energy had returned.

"H-how?" asked Yusuke

"Ka-Kagome?" Inuyasha said weakly.

Kagome rushed toward his side and knelt down next to him.

"Inuyasha? Are you all right?" she asked worried.

"I'm fine. What happened?" he asked.

"You don't REMEMBER? Let me enlighten you! You turned full youkai and was about to rape Kagome here! NOW do you remember?" yelled Yusuke. (It's a wonder no one in the city has woken up yet!)

"But how did I get through-" but Inuyasha

"Thanks for your help, guys, but I think that we should be going now." said Kagome nervously. Kurama and Hiei raised their eyebrows. They seemed to be the only ones that noticed that Kagome cut Inuyasha off.

Kagome pulled Inuyasha back on his feet, waved at them, and then walked off pulling Inuyasha behind her.

"We save her from being raped by a demon, then walks off with him! How weird is that?" asked Yusuke.

"Urameshi! We can't leave a beautiful girl at night with a rapist! Besides, I didn't get it ask her out yet." said Kuwabara.

'Hmm. That's odd. Maybe something's wrong with her...or she could be controlled by him' thought Kurama.

"Let's follow them, Hiei. That girl is giving off a strange aura," muttered Kurama, so only Hiei could hear him. He didn't mention about being controlled.

*Hn. I got better things to do then follow some ningen girl.* Hiei said in Kurama's mind, telepathically.

*There might be some challenging youkai where she's going...* tempted Kurama, knowing Hiei's been itching to fight something lately that isn't something Kuwabara could beat. (Meaning easy)

*Hn.* said Hiei, which Kurama translated into a yes.

"Hiei and I are going to go back to my house. See you guys later." said Kurama, turning down a street away from them, Hiei following Kurama in the trees.

'Hn. That isn't like the fox at all. He would usually tell the idiots what he was going to do.' though Hiei as he went from tree to tree.

*****

There was a silence as Kagome finally let go of Inuyasha as they walked back toward the shrine.

"You we lucky it was night, Inuyasha." said Kagome, trying to break the silence.

"Feh." was the only thing she got.

"Inuyasha, do you remember anything you said to me as you were... in your demon form?" asked Kagome, trying to think that what she heard was her imagination. That he didn't like Kikyou more then her.

"Feh."

"Inuyasha. Please tell me what you remember!"

"Feh."

"Inuyasha I need to know!"

"Feh."

*****

Kurama had taken an alley so that Yusuke wouldn't get suspicious, Kuwbara probably doesn't even know what they were supposed to be doing, so he wasn't a concern.

He had woven through the streets until he was in the general direction of where Kagome and the hanyou had taken. Somehow that hanyou had looked slightly familiar, in Youko Kurama's memories.

He heard voices.

"Feh."

"Inuyasha I need to know!"

"Feh."

Kurama looked up at Hiei to see he also heard the voices.

Inuyasha. He couldn't recall where he had heard the name before.

They could see the pair now.

"Inuyasha don't you trust me?" the girl asked quietly

"Trust? I wake up to see you're talking to a group of boys!" yelled Inuyasha

"They saved my life!"

"I saved your life!"

"You were the one threatening it!" yelled the girl.

"What?" It was then Kurama saw the claw marks on the girl's back. Blood had now stained the outside of the rip and it looked like it would hurt to lay down or lean against something for awhile. 'How could she stand lying on that with a demon on top of her?' wondered Kurama.

"N-nothing" mumbled the girl

"What do you mean wench? I'm the one who saved you from that youkai back there!"

"You don't understand! You don't remember anything from your transformations!"

"Then tell me bitch!"

'How could this girl stand this abuse? He almost rapes her, doesn't remember it, so then he calls her names! Why does she stay with him?'

"SIT! I have a name so use it!"

Hiei almost smirked at the hanyou planted face first in the pavement. This girl was obviously stronger then she looked, since she could cast a spell like that.

"Kurama. Hiei. You can come out now." Kagome said.

"How did you know?" asked Kurama as he stepped out of the shadows.

Inuyasha got up off the ground and snarled at the youkai. He moved in a battle position and stood in front of Kagome.

"It's ok, Inuyasha. Their friends. I think." said Kagome putting a hand on his shoulder.

Inuyasha only relaxed a little a this.

"I think we could be friends. Right Hiei?"

"Hn."

"How do we know we can trust you?" asked Inuyasha warily.

"Hn. I could ask you the same question. I'd hate to be your 'friend' if you do THAT all the time." said Hiei

"Now Hiei..." said Kurama reproachfully.

*Fox, he loses control. We don't need him or the weak ningen* "We're trying to make friends, not enemies," continued Kurama, acting as if Hiei had said nothing.

"Feh. We don't need your help." said Inuyasha.

"Sit. We are not trying to make enemies either." said Kagome, giving Inuyasha another taste of cement.

"So, would you consider us friends?" asked Kurama, wondering what he was doing.

"Yes, I would. Especially since you saved my life." said Kagome, looking at Kurama's emerald green eyes, thinking, 'he looks so cute with those green eyes and red hair. Wait what am I thinking?' Kagome blushed and looked away, her eyes falling on the hanyou trying to get up from his hole in the cement.

Kurama noticed Kagome's blush and smirked. He knew he had fan clubs in various places when girls had seen him with Yusuke and the gang, but he'd never seen her in those clubs. (Anyone know where you can join one of those?) And for some odd reason, it made him feel pleased that she liked him.

Fortunately for both Kurama and Kagome Inuyasha was in the cement instead of seeing the blush/smirk incident. He would of already killed Hojo if Kagome hadn't stopped him, just for coming over to her house.

Kurama pulled a white rose out of his hair. (White rose means friendship, right? If it doesn't, then whatever color it means) And he gave it to Kagome.

Inuyasha growled, and Kagome lightly blushed as she smelled it.

"Thank you, Kurama." she murmured.

"Come on, Kagome. We're going home." said Inuyasha, grabbing her wrist and pulling her away.

"Sit." and once again Inuyasha met cement. By now the cement had almost as big as a swear vocabulary as the dirt does.

Kagome quickly ran back to Kurama, and gave him a necklace with a silver rose charm on it.

"Friends." she whispered so only he could hear, even with Inuyasha's sensitive ears.

"Friends." he whispered in return.

Inuyasha had finally had enough, and was about to strike Kurama when he found a sword at his throat.

"Hiei!" said Kurama. "We're friends, remember?"

"You and the ningen girl are friends. I don't need them." came Hiei's reply

"Inuyasha..." Kagome said dangerously. "Why were you about to strike Kurama?" (I would put you the chan and sama things, except I don't know which ones to use, so heck with that)

"Because we should be leaving, and he's delaying us!" came Inuyasha's pathetic reply.

Kurama raised his eyebrows. Obviously Inuyasha was protective of Kagome. Was his guess wrong, and Inuyasha was Kagome's boyfriend?