Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inu Meets Yu Yu ❯ Changing Forms ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Come back here and fight like a demon!" the full-blooded demon Inuyasha yelled at Kurama, for even when he's full youkai, Kurama could still keep ahead of him.

'I guess its inevitable,' Kurama thought.

He quickly stopped and spun around, yelling, "Thorns of a Thousand Roses!"

Immediately thorns came from Kurama's hands, which were pointed at Inuyasha. Inuyasha tried to dodge, but got him by some. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to stop him, but Kurama trapped him with the plants.

Inuyasha was confused and alarmed as suddenly tree branches held him. He would have shredded them, but shrubs grew and stabilized his arms, along with the grass growing to trap his feet.

"Let me go!" Inuyasha snarled.

"No. Not until you change back into your hanyou form." Kurama replied calmly for someone who was just about to lose their life.

"That weak hanyou form? No way in hell!" Inuyasha yelled.

"Then we'll we here for along time." Kurama replied, ignoring the string of curses sent his way.

*****

Somehow, Kagome knew what direction to go in. If you had asked her how, she would have replied that somehow, the Tetsusaiga was leading her. If you choose to believe that, go ahead. There is no other explanation that she or anyone else could give you.

She speeded up, not noticing that the others were trailing farther behind. Then, they couldn't see her at all.

"Kagome!" Sango shouted. "Where are you?"

No reply came. They had lost her in the forest, they themselves not knowing where they were.

"Maybe we should head back." Miroku suggested. "We'll never find them or her in this dense forest, and Inuyasha would find her scent. There's nothing we can do."

"I think you may be right." Sango said, admitting defeat.

They stopped and turned around to face the three from the future.

"Let's head back. Inuyasha will pick up on Kagome's trail, as we ourselves don't know where they, she, or we are." Sango said (that was an odd sentence 0.0)

"Hn." was her only reply, which came from Hiei.

"Talkative, aren't they." Miroku muttered sarcastically to Sango.

"HENTAI!" came his reply as Sango hit him over the head with her boomerang as his hand had once again touched forbidden areas.

Yusuke and Kuwabara at once burst out laughing, Hiei just said 'hn' and started to walk back.

Sango followed him, storming with anger. Yusuke and Kuwabara were still back with Miroku in a hysterical fit. Miroku being on the ground unconscious.

"You're a baka for letting him touch you in such a matter." Hiei said surprisingly.

Sango would have been shocked that he said something, had it not been her anger for an insult.

"Can I help his pervertedness?" Sango said angrily.

"Stay away from him, idiot." Hiei replied with another insult.

"Why you!" Sango yelled. She swung with her overly large boomerang at the annoying head.

Hiei ducked, and the boomerang missed the target. But he wasn't expecting it to come back around, as Sango as improvised, and turned her body in a complete circle, so that the boomerang came back around, to hit his head harder then the first impact would have been.

Hiei was unconscious, Sango not even thinking to drag him back to the hut.

Sango stormed back toward the dojo, angry at both Miroku's pervertedness, and Hiei's.... now she was even more mad because she couldn't come up with a name for his problem. (It's called truth ^^)

*****

Kurama heard commotion, and he somehow knew it was Kagome, but strangely none of the others were with her.

"Kagome?" Kurama called softly.

Upon hearing the name, Inuyasha slowly changed back into his hanyou form, the name bringing back memories, instead of rage, thankfully. Just as Kagome appeared, Kurama let Inuyasha fall, as so she would not think them fighting.

"Kurama? Inuyasha?" Kagome called.

"Feh, what do you want, wench?" Inuyasha said, his mouth working before his brain.

"Sorry for being worried, but you dropped the Tetsusaiga, so I thought something might be wrong!" Kagome yelled.

"As you can see, we are fine. Thank you for caring, though." Kurama said before the hanyou could upset her further.

Kagome looked at him, blushed a little, then handed the Tetsusaiga to Inuyasha.

Inuyasha saw the blush on Kagome's face when she looked at Kurama, and he glared at the kitsune.

"Feh." was all Inuyasha said.

"What were you guys doing out here, anyway?" Kagome asked, ignoring Inuyasha's 'feh' which should have been a 'thank you'.

"We were just talking." Kurama said before Inuyasha said anything. "Where are the others?" he asked quickly before Kagome had time to ask anything else, for he didn't like lying to her, but neither did he want her to find out the truth. He didn't know all of it, but he didn't like the way he was thinking what it might be.

"I don't know. I thought they were following me." Kagome said, turning around, finally realizing that the rest weren't there.

"Feh. Who cares? Probably back at the hut. Let's go. We're going shard hunting tomorrow." Inuyasha said, then turned away and went through the forest.

Kagome and Kurama followed him back through the forest. For neither of them remembered what direction they came from, or knew what direction to go in to get to the village.

When they got there, the rest of the group were already there, except for one person, that is.

"Where's Hiei?" Kurama asked, seeing the fire apparition wasn't there.

"Last I saw he was with Sango." Yusuke answered.

"I guess he's still on the forest ground unconscious, then." Sango replied, not caring that he might be in trouble, or being eaten by demons right at that moment. Kagome sighed.

"Are you ok, Sango?" Miroku asked, coming and sitting next to her.

"I'm FINE!" Sango yelled and she hit Miroku over the head with her boomerang, as he was checking her butt for 'injuries'.

"I'll go find him." Kagome volunteered, going outside of the hut.

Inuyasha was too busy arguing with Yusuke and Kuwabara to notice Kurama go out after her. He would have told everyone, but he knew the hanyou would have stopped him if he knew. But he just slipped away quietly.

"Kurama?" Kagome asked when she turned around to see what the noise behind her was.

"Yes, I also decided to search for Hiei." Kurama said.

"Oh, ok. I don't like wandering the forest alone, myself." Kagome said.

"That's another reason." Kurama said.

Kagome gave him one of her brilliant smiles.

Kurama smiled back, but also asked a question that would test how much she trusted him.

"Who's Kikyou?" was the question

Kagome immediately tensed as they walked, and her smile was gone.

"Why do you wish to know?"

"I'm merely curious."

"How did you find out her name?"

"I've heard it around, do you not trust me with the answer?" Kurama asked, thinking this was it.

"No! Of course not!" Kagome immediately reassured him. Kurama once again smiled at her. "It just may not be my place to say, as it is Inuyasha's story."

"That makes sense."

"Oh, I get it." "Get what?" Kurama asked, confused.

"You talked about her when you went into the forest to 'talk'" Kagome said, sorrow filling her voice.

"Not really," Kurama said, not quite lying, but not the whole truth either.

Kagome raised her eyebrows at this, but then decided to tell him the story.

"It all began fifty years ago..." she started out.

(You know the story so I'm not going to repeat it)

"So that's how you got here." Kurama said, a lot of his questions now answered.

"Yes, that's my story. Can I hear yours?" Kagome asked.

"I suppose it's a fair exchange." Kurama said. "Though I warn you, I was not like I am now, and it is quite a long tail."

"We have time. Somehow I don't think we're going to find Hiei." Kagome said as they still walked. Unknown to them, they had passed him when Kagome was telling her story.

"Ok, it all started when I was Youko Kurama, a Spirit Fox..." Kurama said as he started his own story.

(Once again, you know the tale, or should for that matter)

"Wow! That's so cool!" Kagome exclaimed when he finished his life's story.

Kurama raised his eyebrows.

"What?" she asked, clearly puzzled at his reactions.

"Most women would scream or back away from me if I told that story." Kurama explained.

"Oh. Why?" Kagome asked innocently.

He sighed. "Never mind."

During his story, they had stopped at a tree and sat down next to each other.

Kagome rested her head on his shoulder, not noticing his slight blush.

"Can you change into your fox form whenever you wish?" Kagome asked as her head rested. "Yes... but I don't do it often..." Kurama said warily.

"Can I see your form?" Kagome asked eagerly, taking her head off his shoulder to face him with hope in her eyes.

'How can I say no?' he asked himself as he looked at her.

"I guess." Kurama said and stood up. Kagome stood up also.

"My appearance will change, so don't be alarmed." Kurama said.

Kagome just nodded and watched him eagerly.

Kurama called on Youko within him.

*****

What a cliffie, huh? I can't almost believe myself. I would hate to be a reader. I'll update A.S.A.P. if you review!

The Hidden One