Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Jewel of the Chaotic Souls ❯ A Little Break Of In Between ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter Eight

A Little Break of In Between

"Ahhhh..."

Kagome turned, and tried not to laugh at her friend's blissful expression, as she turned her face towards the sun. "Dear Kami*, I owe you my life..."

"What's the matter?" Kagome asked, once her friend had re-opened her eyes. "Not enough time out?"

"No, it is the fact that Ami and I have not spent enough quality time together," Toya said regretfully. "You see, her life has become dominated by the evils of her English class, thus, preventing her to see her one true love-me."

"I'm so sure," Kagome said, laughing. "So what IS the matter, Ami?"

"Strangely enough that IS what's the matter." Ami sighed. "I mean, English is so HARD to understand!! I mean, there's an exception to EVERY rule!!! Why can't they just make a rule and STICK with it? I've been stuck home ALL WEEK trying to finish my work for that class."

"Which is why," Toya turned to Kagome. "we're hanging this weekend. You're gonna be there, Kag?"

"Erm..." Kagome's eyes averted to a couple of kids chasing one another down the block, as they closed into the shrine. Her thoughts turned to Sesshoumaru and the current situation with Rin to Souta and the strange dreams she'd been having of him. Her thoughts then turned to her math class-which she had improved in, but this time, her math teacher hates her-and to the fact that, apparently, some idiotic youkai* are STILL after the Shikon* inside her.

"Come ON Kag!" Ami cried, grabbing her arm. "There'll be TONS of people there!!"

"So?"

"It'll be the PERFECT time for you to meet bo-um, people!!"

"Ha!"

"And besides, TONS of people have been wanting to MEET you!!"

"They see me in school."

"And some HOT guys wanna SEE you and HANG!! You know what that MEANS, don't you?"

"Hey! What do you MEAN `hot'? You're NOT supposed to be checking out other guys..."

"Right-like you don't check out other girls..."

"That's not the point! You don't see me mention other HOT girls in FRONT of you, do you?"

"Oh, so what you're saying is, I should appreciate guys BEHIND your back??"

"No!! That's not it!!! Look we're..."

Whatever else they might have said was lost to Kagome, because at that moment, a strange sense of apprehension coursed through her body. Kagome's eyes narrowed, as she sought after the demonic ki* she sensed.

"Be back in a few." Kagome whispered, before dashing towards a direction. She thought she heard her friends calling for her behind her, but didn't turn back. Her mind was focused solely on the ki she sensed. It was pulling her down many blocks, telling her to hurry and get to it.

It's wrong...Kagome's mind raced, even as her legs brought her closer to her destination. What is this feeling? Whatever youkai...it's wrong...

Her senses led her down a couple more blocks. How many she must've run down all together...she wasn't sure. Finally, she stopped. Panting hard from her run, the girl turned her inquisitive eyes on the area.

She was on the upper side of Tokyo, where the middle to upper-classed people lived. Houses lined one against another in a very cluttered, yet spaced, fashion. She turned her head from one side to the other, trying to find the demonic ki she'd sensed. Looking around, she started walking down the block, trying to make sense of all this.

"Are you searching for someone?"

Kagome's head snapped back. Her eyes landed on a woman around her late thirties carrying several grocery bags. Her long bluish-black hair shimmered against the sun and her small, black-blue eyes glimmered with kindness. A gentle smile lit her face, as she looked on at her. "Young lady?"

"Eh? Oh, iie*." Kagome bowed to the lady. "I'm just passing by."

"OK." She bowed back to Kagome and walked into a home not far from where Kagome was standing. "Good day."

"Good day."

~*~*~*~

Shuuichi sighed, as he finally made it to the safety of his home. His crimson bangs covered his eyes, as he slid a bit against the door.

Youko was snickering at him, as Shuuichi grabbed his discarded bag. ~That was hardly a laughing matter. ~

*Well, I did tell you from the beginning that you should not have been so...soft.*

Shuuichi shuddered and wondered if maybe he SHOULD be harsher to his "fan club." After all, mobbing a guy and stalking him all the way to his home MUST be a violation onto his human rights. Shaking his head slightly, he entered the kitchen and attempted at looking cheerful. "Kaa-san*...I'm home."

His mother turned from the stove and grinned at her son. "Hello Shuuichi." Shuuichi's stepbrother, also named Shuuichi, waved at him from his position, chopping the ginger for the soup.

"Hey, aniki*." His younger sibling called, waving the knife at him.

"Chi!" their mother admonished, using their pet name for her younger son. "What did I say about the knife?"

Chi blushed and returned to his chopping.

"How was school?" Kurama heard his mother ask, as she turned back to the stove.

"Good."

"I think one of your girl friends was looking for you today." Mrs. Minamino hid a laugh, when she heard the distinct groan from her elder son. "She seems like a nice girl, Shuuichi..."

"Yes, um, mother. I'm meeting Yuuske and Kuwabara. I'll be back in time for dinner."

Mrs. Minamino coughed, as Chi laughed outright. "Alright then..."

"Have fun aniki-hope those girls didn't give you TOO much trouble..."

Kurama suppressed his groan, as he headed out the house again. Maybe he should move...

~*~*~*~

"Oh yeah!!!" Yuuske jumped high into the air, raising his fist in victory. "Take THAT Kuwabara!!"

Scowling, the carrot-top teen glared at his opponent. He threw the PS2 controller down onto the ground and huffed. "I went easy on you, punk. Let see if you could do that again."

"You're on."

Kurama, lounging on Kuwabara's white leather couch, chuckled. He took a sip of the cherry cola Shizuru, Kuwabara's older sister, had offered him earlier. Yuuske's slicked back black hair was flying all over from his mad dash to block Kuwabara's fighter. He clicked crazily, turning from the defensive to offensive.

"Hn."

"Something the matter, Hiei?"

The Fire Apparition had turned his body towards the setting sun. His black hair rose up over his head vertically in a fashion that completely defied gravity. A white starburst was above his forehead, compliments of his father's heritage. Ruby red eyes, so like his sister's, glared at the ever-darkening sky. A headband of white covered his jagan* from sight.

Hiei propped one leg from the windowsill and placed his arms onto the knee. The other leg dangled inside, just tapping the floor. "This is completely pointless."

Yuuske paused the game and turned to Hiei. "That's true. What's taking Botan so long?"

"I'm right here you know. No need to talk about me right in front of my face."

"Hn."

A blue-haired girl hovering by Hiei's window, pouted. Her white-blue hair billowed gently to the breeze, as red-pink eyes slowly begin to glow with anger. Dressed in a pink and blue kimono, she sat upon the floating oar with as much ease as a witch would her broom. "I wonder what you people say about me behind my back."

Hiei didn't deign to reply and instead hopped off the windowsill, so she could enter. Botan zoomed in through the window the moment Hiei settled against the wall, his black-clad form contrasting against the white of the wall. He promptly folded his arms and closed his eyes, as though bored.

"So what does the brat want this time?" Yuuske asked, turning off the TV.

Botan opened the suitcase and turned it for all of them to see. "Here you go." It blinked a few times, before the image of Koenma, the Prince of Reikai*, appeared.

"Hello everyone." No taller than three feet, the toddler Prince had on bluish-purple robes, golden-white pants, and a large bluish hat. His large eyes gleamed a brown-black. Chubby cheeks were marred with displeasure and worry and he continually sucked on his pacifier-a sure sign that he's nervous about something.

"What's the urgency, toddler?" Yuuske interrupted. "Get to the point-I was just about to kick Kuwabara's ass again."

"You wish, Urameshi!! If Botan hadn't come, you would've lost."

"And when would that have been? When you were blocking my punch or falling from my kick?"

"Would you two stop it about your fights?!" Koenma's voice rang through the suitcase's screen. "There's a REASON why I called you all here!" He settled down, once he saw that he had the attention of his tentai* once more. "And this reason is too serious for you all to start goofing around!!"

~*~*~*~

"Nee-chan*..." Souta turned his gray eyes onto his sister as he fiddled with Bouyo's tail.

"Hm?" Kagome didn't bother to look up, as she continued to stare at her math homework in complete confusion. Damn...how do you deal with linear regression equations again??

Souta opened his mouth, as though to speak, before closing it again. His worried eyes turned from the back of his sister, who had seemed happier since her cry on the day of her return. Bouyo, as though sensing his distress, mewled and rubbed his head against the boy's cheek.

Kagome turned from her math homework and toward her little brother. "What's wrong, Souta?"

"Uhm...that is...Nee-chan..."

Kagome looked into the worried eyes of her brother and felt tension starting to rise in her chest. "Souta...?"

Fear laced into the eyes of his sister, worrying the younger sibling all the more. He swallowed, before placing all the worry into the back of his mind. "That is...is high school VERY hard? Would I be able to pass it?"

Kagome blinked.

Giggles erupted from her lips, as she got up from her desk, and hugged her younger brother. "Yes Souta, it's VERY hard. But I have absolute faith that you'll pass it, when your time comes."

Souta smiled, when he heard the happy sounds from his sister. Yes, he shouldn't worry her...

"I won't betray your faith, nee-chan."

Vocabulary

Kami: God

Youkai: demon

Shikon: {shortened name of} Jewel of Four Soul

Ki: energy

Iie: no

Kaa-san: Mother

Aniki: older brother

Jagan: Hiei's third eye

Reikai: Spirit Realm

Tentai: detective

Nee-chan: Sister

Author's Corner

{Spotlight flashes into the middle of an empty stage with a loud and dramatic clunk. Nothing...then...}

{Pwoof!!}

{The figure of a girl appeared in the center of the midnight blue smoke.}

Yuki: Uhm...*ahem* ...Is this thing on?? *pokes microphone* Testing, testing, one, two, three... *poke, poke*

{Pwoof!!}

{Another, a dragon hanyou, appears with dark green hair.}

Hachi: *snatches Yuki's phone away to check it over* It's ON already, Yuki!! LOOK!! *points to a switch, stating "on"*

Yuki: Oh, well, better get on with the announcements!! ^^-

{Pwoof!!}

Hachi: Would people stop pwoofing in all the time??

Kagome: *steps into spotlight number three* I'm insulted, Hachi. Yuki didn't say that to YOU when YOU pwoofed in.

{Pwoof!!}

Yuki: T.T()

Shippo: Kagomeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! *jumps into Kagome's arms*

{Pwoof!!}

{Ka-boom!!}

Inu: Get back here you runt!!!

Yuki: Er...

Hachi: Refresh my memory here. Isn't InuYasha DEAD???

Yuki: Yeah...

{Pwoof!}

Kurama: Am I allowed in?

Hachi: STOP PWOOFING!!

Yuki: KURAMA!!!! ^^-

{Yuki launches herself into Kurama's chest}

Kagome: Hey!! I thought it was a KK pairing!!

Yuki: Oh...yea...*shrugs* S'aiight...I'll just kill you off...

Kagome: O.O WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hachi: *flips through script* Yuki!! It doesn't fit the story!! And get off our leading male!!

Kurama: Technically, I'm not YOUR leading male...you're just BORROWING me...

Hachi: *grimaces* That didn't sound...right, Kurama.

Yuki: *sighs* Ahem!! Attention everyone (before someone else pwoofs in)!! There's an announcement I'd like to make!!

{Pwoof!!}

{Pwoof!!}

Yuuske: Heeeyyy...where's the party?????

Kuwabara: LET'S PAARRRTYYY!!!!!!

Hachi: Someone stop the pwoofing effect!!! *cough cough* It's getting really smoky in here!!

Yuki: As I was saying, I've finally posted some works in my Fictionpress.net account!! My story (either called Analysa Mi Nasagi, or Give Me My Spirit) is uploaded on fp.net under the PN of Rhexi!!

Kagome: Am I in there??

Yuki: *shakes head* Sorry, Kag. This is all mine-so no copying!!

Hachi: Also, the next story to be updated will be Forgotten Memories on June 12!!

Yuki: For a more detailed updating schedule, check out Yuki's homepage: Http://www.xanga.com/rhexi

Shippo: Oh! Oh! Oh! I wanna say it!! I wanna say it!! Review Responses are below!!!!!!!!!!!

~* Fanfiction *~

Wake-Robin: ^^() Welz, I'm lazy AND forgetful... (but not bipolar nor ADD, thank you)

Inudemoness247: Thanks!! ^^- Glad you enjoyed it!!

SavedFromBoredom: ^^- I hope I'll be able to surprise you, whatever it is that you think is coming!!

Flame Fox Enchantress: Aw, thanks a whole bunch!!! ^^-

Silvermoonyoukai: Thanks!!! Heh, I'm working on the chapter length, but...I don't think I can do it...^^()

IndecisiveFreak: Yea, thanks for the review!!

Kyisha: Hey!! I updated!!!

Koshimaru: Worry not, I will never give up this story!!

Kitty Kitsune: Yea, it's a KK pairing, as for the rest...read and find out!!!! ^^-

Ptbear: Thanks for the review!! ^^

**Sorry for the slow update!! Finals, regents, and such can really get a person down!!

~* Mediaminer *~

Yokos_Rose: ^^- Thanks for the review!! I'm definitely adding Hiei and the others into this fic (it just won't be the same without Hiei). As for when they're going to get together...well.......

Tbiris: You're hurt?? *scratches head* Was it something I said?? ^^()

Reiya Moon: Thanks!!! Glad you're liking this!!

Broken_Angel: ^^() Erm...at least it wasn't so long since the last update, right??

Lovingiris: Aw...I'm so happy that you like this fic!!! ^^- Makes me all happy and gooey!!! Thanks a bunch for telling me!!!!!

The_Sorceress: Uhm...that game?? I think I just lost...*whines*...NO KILLING!!!! NO POKING YUKI WITH STICKS!!! AND I'M TOO LAZY TO DO A CHAPTER A DAY!!!!!!!! But, hey, I'm glad you like this fic so far!! ^^

White Fox612: Thanks!! Glad you like this!!

XXJBxXInuyashaXxJBXx: Aw...I can sympathize...I'm currently swamped with tests...that's why the next update will take a while...at least until school's finally out...

Smilebehappy39: Thanks for the review!! Glad you liked!!!

Princessann: Heh, lol. Glad you like this though!!!

Sailor Sweetie: Thanks for the vote of confidence!! ^^-

Lil Miss Crazy: That was so weird...I was just editing this, and uploading this fic when I received my notification of your review...!! So here the update! ^^()

**Sorry, everyone, for the extended time period!!! ^^() But, unfortunately, the next update won't be for a while too!!

~* End *~

Yuki: Thanks for the reviews!!!

Hachi: And please continue to read and review!!!

Happy Reading~!

Lots of greets,

Yukisora and Hachigatsu