Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Jewel of the Chaotic Souls ❯ All Three Hostages ( Chapter 12 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter Eleven

All Three Hostages

"Kagome-chan!" Ami called out, when Kagome walked into Teach Misa's class on Tuesday. "What happened?" she added, when she caught the ashen look on her face.

Kagome didn't reply, but laid her head down onto the table. Both Shippo and her mother had not wanted her to come to school today, but Kagome had insisted. She didn't want to stay in bed, where her feelings of helplessness would fester...would grow...

"I got sick with the flu," Kagome lied, as she looked into her friend's worried eyes. "Don't worry, I'm fine."

Ami didn't seem convinced, but didn't say anymore. Toya, however, slapped her on the back. "Aw, no worries! I still say you have the most beautiful face structure..."

Ami slapping her boyfriend on his forearm had Kagome smiling.

Kagome turned and smiled at Kurama when she felt his ki behind her. "Hey Shuuichi," she greeted. "I heard you came over to my house. Thanks for the concern, I'm fine."

Kurama received a shock when she smiled at him. Her usual rosy complexion was replaced by a grayish hue. Her usually gleaming eyes seemed dulled. "Kagome?" he asked, completely forgetting what she'd just told him. "Are you sure you're alright?"

"I'm-"

"Shuuichi-san!"

Kagome's eyes snapped open, as she turned again. She frowned slightly when she found that she's the recipient of a death glare from one of Kurama's fan girls.

"Morning Suzumi-san."

"You girl, you're on my seat." Suzumi stated, sniffing at Kagome.

Now, a cocked eyebrow rose out of the Ancient. "Your seat? Sorry," she turned to her friends. "Did Teach Misa assigned seats when I was out?"

Her sarcasm didn't go past Suzumi's ears, as her eyes narrowed even more. "Well, I sat here yesterday."

"Well, KAGOME'S been sitting here ALL TERM." Ami interrupted. "And we'd LIKE it, if you'd butt in somewhere else."

Now, Ami became the receiver of the frigid glare. Then, just as abruptly, Suzumi turned pouty eyes onto Kurama. "Shuuichi-san, your group mates are picking on me! You saw me sit here yesterday! And everyone was so nice before SHE," at this, she turned a nasty look onto Kagome, "came!!"

Kagome sighed. She didn't know what she was supposed to be feeling for this Suzumi person. She supposed something along the lines of amusement or anger, since the girl obviously wants to be near Shuuichi. But all she felt as a tired sense of irritation. Did such trivial matter? The whole goddamned world is in danger and this person is worrying over a seat.

"Listen, Suzumi," Kagome stated, turning rather flat eyes on the girl. "If you really love my seat so much, then maybe next time you'll come to class earlier and bag it, before I come. I'd prefer it if I'm sitting with my friends when I work, and I'd really prefer it if you'd go on your merry little way-Teach Misa just came in."

Seeing no support for her, Suzumi huffed and dumped her bag on the nearest seat available. Teach Misa came and started the class immediately, telling them to go into acrylic.

"Are you sure you're OK, Kagome?" Toya asked, worried when he saw the irritation in Kagome's eyes. Something was off with their friend today and he didn't think it was because of the flu.

"Yea," Kagome smiled at him, settling down onto her seat with the paints in the center of the table. She grabbed a canvas and started her painting immediately, not even waiting for when the rest of the paints would come.

Her mood had been turbulent, troubled, and it showed in her work that day. Weeks of trapped frustration and worry splashed across her canvas, as she used one dark color after another.

One wave of dark green crashed onto another. The ocean was nothing but a mass of everlasting shadows. The night sky held no moon, no stars, no cloud. No light to guide anyone home. Nothing could be seen, but the furiously mixed colors of blue, black, green, and purple. The sky was interwoven with the sea, in a clashing fury, creating a raging thunderstorm. A crack of lightning lighted in the background, a strange color of blood, blood red.

Rain dripped from the sky to the sea in droplets, as though the sky itself was weeping. Out in the middle of the sea, stuck against the storm, was a single boat with a man in it. The fisherman was soaked to the bone, his skin glistening, even though there was no light. His white shirt was blowing wildly to the winds, his black pants dripping with the rain. The winds clashed against him, preventing him from moving much. And yet, he didn't stop.

He stands on that small boat, defiant of the storm, the winds, the sea. His arms clutched at the oar, clutched at the single object that meant his survival. His face cannot be seen, as his head was turned away from the painting.

Kagome was lost in her work, paying no heed to her classmates. Her frustration, her anger, all poured out from her heart, through her brush, and into this single painting that she held before her.

Kagome slowly dipped into a jar of golden paint, and used a number 8 brush to start the outlines of a land far, far away. There, on that faraway land was salvation. There, just out of his reach, is his light.

Kagome worked furiously, stroking her canvas with the brush, as she brought the land clearer and clearer onto the picture. The picture of a shrine appeared, created by different hues of gold.

The bell rang just as she finished with the shrine. Kagome snapped out of her spellbound state, to stare at the painting before her. She had not realized that she had almost completed the painting.

"Wow," was all Teach Misa said when she handed her the painting.

---

Kurama handed his painting to his teacher and hurried after Kagome. He had barely gotten half his painting done, so intently was he watching her work. Her blue-gray eyes had been more than intent. It was as though she had been trying to pour her soul out onto the painting.

He wondered, if she had purposefully kept the expression of the fisherman hidden. What would he see, he wondered, if she had allowed the viewers to see the face? Hope? Determination? Or would it be desperation?

Or perhaps, that had been the reason she had kept his face hidden. The viewer would fill in the look. The viewer would fill in the expression. Whatever the fisherman is feeling, it would be what the viewer is feeling, as they stared at the new piece of work created by Kagome Higurashi.

"Shuuichi-san!" Suzumi greeted, sashaying to the front of the hurried Kurama. He turned an irritated eye on her, the first time he'd shown her anything, besides polite pleasantry.

"I'm in a rather hurry," Kurama replied, trying to walk past her. Suzumi, however, was intent to keep the teen away from Kagome.

"Oh, but, Shuuichi-san, I'd really wished for you to see my piece..."

Kurama didn't pay heed, but instead snagged himself out of his fan girl's viselike grip. He didn't note on her look of fury, as he hurried after the ever-disappearing back of Kagome Higurashi.

---

Kurama had just settled down onto his final class when he caught sight of Botan outside his window. His emerald eyes narrowed, as she motioned for him to get out of class. Turning back to the teachers, he raised his hand.

"Yes, Minamino?" His calculus teacher asked, squinting behind his glasses. "Something the matter?"

"I was wondering if I may be excused to go to the nurse. I'm feeling a bit sick."

His teacher seemed a bit disappointed that he'd be missing his best student for discussion today, but nodded all the same. Kurama bowed his thanks, grabbed his things, and hurried out of the room. He headed down the hall towards the nurse's office, before rounding the corner and starting for the roof of the school.

He opened the door to the roof's porch breathing in the fresh air. "Botan?"

"Kurama, Hiei," Botan stated, as soon as Hiei flitted into view. "We have a major problem."

"The entire Reikai is in a mess," Botan stated. "Koenma-sama's already disappeared from all three realms for what seems to be six hours already."

Kurama's eyes widened slightly, as the two tentai looked from one to the other. "Where did this happen? Did Reikai mention anything about an assignment change for us?"

"No." Botan shook her head, her red-pink eyes downcast. "I think they want you to stay on your assignments. The Reikai Team's Captain told me to inform the tentai of this. I believe every member of Reikai is currently on the lookout." She stood and raised her right hand. Her orb appeared before her. "I better head back. I've still got lots of work to do. Can you please tell Yuuske and Kuwabara for me? I couldn't find those two anywhere. Probably cutting class. In the meantime, good luck!"

In a moment, she had disappeared.

"Now, it's all three of them," Hiei remarked to the silence that greeted them.

"What do we do?" Kurama asked, turning to his partner. "Search for him?"

"Those two baka should be able to handle the ningen family." Hiei stated. "Let's go."

Kurama nodded. Just who has them? Who is their enemy?

And just what do they want with the Ancients?

---

Kagome headed out of the school the moment the bell rang, disappearing after waving goodbye to Ami and Toya. She walked over to a deserted alleyway, before leaping onto the roof of the nearby homes.

Breathing, she closed her eyes and tried to sense Rin's ki anywhere in the Nigenkai. Still nothing. Almost growling with the frustration, she leapt from the rooftop onto the next one in steps as soft as the wind.

Her hair blew gently, as she rushed from one top to the next, all the while with her senses freed. She no longer tried to mask her aura, as her purpose now is to lure the enemy to her.

And perhaps her allies.

Her mind caught nothing but the normal ki of ordinary demons. Nothing extraordinary, nothing major. She wondered, yet again, who their new enemy might be. She wondered, yet again, what they want with the people close to each Ancient.

Continuing with her running, she dashed almost to Koto, near Tokyo Bay. Her eyes landed on an airplane flying overhead, before roaming over the rest of the orange-red sky.

It seems that daylight is slipping by so quickly, now that winter is almost upon them. She wondered if Souta would be home by Christmas time, whether he'd be shaking all his presents under the tree on Christmas Eve again.

"Souta..." she murmured, staring out at the bay. The sun would start setting in a few moments and she wanted to be here when it comes. A gentle breeze ruffled through her, toying with her ebony black strands, before letting them return to their previous setting.

"Is there absolutely no way to get you back...?"

"You wish to get me back, sister?"

Kagome whirled around, feeling the sudden blast of ki in the air. Her eyes widened in shock when she noted that Souta stood behind her, no more than ten feet away. He had changed out of his pajamas and now instead, wore a tight black tank with black leather jeans. His hair had been slicked up into spikes and he wore black leather shoes. Three silver chains hung from his neck with the face of a skull up front. Spiked cuffs surrounded his two wrists and a ruby stud was pierced onto his left ear.

"Souta...!"

She couldn't believe that this is her sweet little brother. Not only does he no longer look ten, he'd lost his innocence, his sweetness, his caring, gentle nature. What had happened to him?

She took a step forward, intent on running to her brother, but stopped with she felt his almost instant spike of ki.

"Wish to fight me, sister dear?"

Kagome shook her head, her blue-gray eyes never leaving his ruby ones. "No, Souta, I want to help you."

"Ha!" At this, he uncrossed his arms, threw back his head, and laughed into the sky. "Help me! Kagome, you realize that you turned your back on me when I actually REQUIRED your help! And now that I've found something, you decide to HELP me?"

Another step toward him. "When, Souta? When did you `require' this help? Talk to me."

His eyes flashed, stopping Kagome on her tracks. "I know about EVERYTHING. You did not mention to `mother' and `grandfather' of your little status, as `Top Ancient of the Human Realm' did you? Well, I KNOW. I was foolish back then, wishing to stay away from the shadows. But now, ha! Now, I LOVE it. I suppose I should `thank' you, dear sister! After all, if it had not been for your continuous denial of my need for you, why, I would NEVER have gotten my new powers!"

He smirked and held out a hand to Kagome. "So, now, Kagome...here's my first thanks to you!"

Kagome started running towards Souta when she caught sight of the dark mist starting to protrude out of his outstretched hand. They pooled into the center, creating a mass so dark, it was hardly fathomable.

"No, Souta! Wait!"

She might have reached him, had he not launched it right then. Her hand had been about to reach him, when he blasted her back with the shadowball. Kagome launched backwards, slamming through the railing of the roof and slid onto the next rooftop. She lay on the ground, the shadows growing, as they consumed her.

She couldn't believe the shadows actually pushed her back. Couldn't believe it actually knocked her back. She was an Ancient! WHO GAVE HER BROTHER SUCH POWER?!

"My gift, sister dear!" Souta's eyes glows strangely red, as he watched the shadows starting to cover his sister's body from sight. "Join me, in the shadows for eternity, sister! Be with me again!"

Kagome erected her barrier, but it didn't matter. The shadows just kept seeping through it, just like before. It's like there IS no barrier at all. They just kept coming! "N-no!" she cried, as it reached hungrily, greedily, for her chest, her neck... Trying desperately to find an opening.

Her eyes shut tightly, as she thought back to the night, where Souta was taken from her. Souta, Souta, Souta...please Souta, don't do this...!

Flitting sounds crossed her senses, as she felt the new ki entering the area. Her eyes opened as she saw Shuuichi Minamino and another guy send the shadows back with their combined energy. Sweat started forming on their foreheads, as the shadows fought to stay on Kagome, fought to stay with her.

They trickled up her body, as Shuuichi and the other person nodded at one another. Kagome could only stare as Shuuichi reached into his red hair and produced a single red rose. Light started sparkling around the beautiful plant, before turning into a thorny whip.

The other demon merely reached onto his side and drew out his own weapon-a deadly sword made of the deadliest stones of Makai. They both came towards the shadows and sliced once-each one beside Kagome with deadly precision.

The shadows were instantly split away from Kagome, splashing towards the other sides like waves in the sea. In the second that they clambered off Kagome, she dashed away from the puddles of shadows and stood next to the two that had saved her.

Her eyes, however, were not on her saviors.

Instead, they were trained on her brother, who glared at the two men, who helped his sister free. He, then, turned his cold eyes on Kagome. For the first time, in the records of history, there might have been another, who had managed to outdone the Great Sesshoumaru with a killer's smile.

"Next opportunity, sister dear. Next opportunity."

"Wait!" Kagome cried, as she watched her brother himself turn into the essence of shadows. She stopped by the rooftop again, as the air resettled itself back to its proper order and the wind started blowing again.

"Are you alright, Kagome?" Kurama asked, worried by her stupor state.

She turned onto the two of them and managed a smile. How had she managed to smile? When her very own brother had just tried to kill her?

"Yes, I'm fine. Thank you." She looked up at Kurama. "You're the Reikai tentai Enma's son sent to protect my family?"

"Yes."

Kagome turned her attention towards Hiei. His ruby red eyes bore down on her own, as the winds attempted to push through his blue-black hair. The tresses, however, remained as vertical as ever.

"I'm Kagome Higurashi," Kagome offered a hand, cocking her head to a side. Streams of black hair spilled over her shoulders as she did so and fluttered at the ends.

"Hn. Hiei."

"Well, please thank Koenma for me then," she smiled. "I'm glad to see that Reikai officials are helping me keep track of my family."

"It was no trouble," Shuuichi attempted at a smile as well. Her ki, he could sense, was infinitely higher than both he and Hiei's combined. Heck, her ki is stronger than the tentai team's all together!

*And this,* Youko nodded mentally, *is most probably not her full power.*

Kagome smiled at Kurama and pressed a finger onto his chest. "You know, I had wondered why a kitsune resided inside of your heart."

Kurama's eyes widened for just a split second, before resuming his previous state. Of course, she had power they cannot even imagine. Of course, she would be able to see Youko in him.

*Ask her now!* Youko demanded, practically pushing at Shuuichi's mind. *Ask her about my mother!*

~Now? ~ Kurama asked, almost wincing for real. ~Her brother just tried to KILL her!!~

*NOW!!!!*

"Something the matter, Shuuichi-san?" Kagome asked, peering at him somewhat strangely. "Your counterpart seems...annoyed."

"Ah," Kurama cleared his throat. Since she asked... "Well, I was wondering about your painting..."

"Painting...?"

"Ashita no Asatte."

"Ashita...ah, oh." Her eyes narrowed onto Kurama's heart again and the teenager couldn't help, but shift a bit under her intensely blue-gray inspection. "So, YOU'RE Ashita's son..."

There was no try any longer. Youko pushed at Shuuichi's mind and spread. In Kagome's mystical vision, she saw the almost chibi-like form of the fox spread from its huddled form. Its arms and legs spread into the position that Shuuichi's currently in and lengthened until it covered every inch of the redhead's body.

The red hair lengthened, turning silver-white from the root to the tip. Emerald eyes changed until it was a detached golden-silver color. Dog-like ears grew out of the top of the teens head and twitched at the new sounds it caught that the human ears could not before.

"Lady Kagome," Youko greeted, bowing slightly. Now, Kagome could see the form of SHUUICHI in the center of Youko's heart, small and chibi, huddled into a ball. "I am called, Youko."

"Youko-san," Kagome greeted, smiling slightly. "I suppose you want to know how I knew your mother, Ashita? I met her years ago, in Makai, when I went there to visit my friend, Sesshoumaru. Since she was hurt, I helped her get better."

Her eyes glazed over, as something caught her attention out west. Her eyes narrowed against the setting sun, before she caught the gleam of light, streaking past the orange-yellow sun, like a shooting star.

She turned back to the two young men. "Excuse me," she smiled. "I've got to get going."

The two watched, as she held out her right hand. Spikes of ki erupted from her hand and concentrated on the air before her. Youko and Hiei could only stare, as they watched a hole appear in the area before them. It grew in size as the portal was erected, allowing enough room for the Ningenkai Ancient to pass through.

"See you again," Kagome waved as she stepped through the portal.

---

Kagome gasped, as she passed through the barrier between the worlds. Usually, creating a portal and passing the barrier didn't cost her any more than a miniscule amount of ki. And yet, this time, it was as though that single task had devoured almost her entire supply of energy.

She stumbled through the other side, a hand pressed to her heart. Sweat dripped down her face, as she lowered herself onto one knee. Breathing rather loudly, she slowly got to her feet again.

"My Lady?" someone asked tentatively, stepping towards Kagome.

The Ancient's eyes flicked onto a toad youkai before her. Her blue-gray eyes warmed into something like amused-affection as she noted the green skin, brown robes, and the Staff of Heads. "Ah, Jaken, how are you?"

Jaken's yellow eyes warmed, perhaps, a bit more affectionately than normal. He didn't smile, however, and bowed to Kagome once again. "I am very well, Lady Kagome." He extended his staff. "This way."

If the youkai noted that his master's friend seems more winded by the walk than was normal, he kept his comments to himself. He bowed her into the conference room of Sesshoumaru's castle.

The other Ancients realized something was off the moment Kagome entered the room. She was breathing heavily, her eyes were dull, and she kept clutching at her heart. Enma's eyes narrowed, as she squeezed her robes before her.

"OK," he finally stated, "What's the matter with you?"

"I'm..." Kagome frowned. "I just had an encounter with Souta."

Enma's eyes widened, as Sesshoumaru's narrowed. "And?" The Makai Ancient asked, when she didn't continue.

"I don't know. Souta's changed. He wields a major amount of dark powers, and tried to kill me with it," she turned to the Reikai Ancient. "Had it not been your son's detectives, I would have been long dead."

Enma's eyes contracted, but he opened them a moment later, and gently pried Kagome's hand off her chest. His eyes narrowed, as he studied her heart. "Kagome, did you allow some sort of shadow substance into your being?"

Kagome's eyes widened. "Eh? Souta DID launched a shadowball at me."

Enma frowned. The shadows inside their friend's heart was twisting and turning, seeming to be able to predict Kagome's natural purification powers. It evaded the holy powers, as cunningly as a fox evaded death.

Finally, Enma held a hand over Kagome's heart, and lightly PUSHED his own powers towards the dot of darkness. It trembled, sensing the new set of powers, before being blasted into a million pieces.

Kagome took her first painless breath, as she felt something loosen on her chest. Her hand returned to her heart, as she smiled at Enma. "Thanks," she said. "That's twice that Reikai's saved me now."

Enma nodded, as thoughts of his son entered his mind. "It's no problem."

"Any lead on any of the hostage disappearances?" Sesshoumaru asked. "Anything on Koenma?"

"No."

Kagome frowned. She just didn't understand it. It's probable that Rin might be able to evade all these searches for this long amount of time, since she is both an Ancient of Makai AND a shadow demoness. But Souta...how could HE hide his ki from her? That afternoon, she hadn't been able to sense him until he alerted her to his presence. As for Koenma...

How can the Prince of Reikai just...vanish?

Now that their unknown enemy has captured each of their loved ones, why not do something? Why still remain hidden?

Kagome squeezed her eyes shut, her brain hurting from thinking so much of this. She can't make sense of any of this. Why had she been so helpless against the shadows? She's a Miko, the Protectress of the Shikon no Tama. Her specialty is to purify the dark, the evil, the impure. And yet, she had been completely helpless against the darkness her brother threw at her.

The Reikai Tentai was able to send the shadows back, even if it had been momentary, Kagome thought. And then, Enma was able to finish the last of the shadows that still resided in me. And their specialty is NOT to vanquish darkness. What happened? Why am I so helpless?

"Kagome?" Sesshoumaru asked, noting her look of frustration.

She blinked. "Yes?"

Sesshoumaru frowned. "I think you should get some rest. Go on, Enma and I could handle everything until you're more up for it."

"No!" Kagome protested, sitting up straighter. "I'm fine! Just thinking!"

"Go on, Kagome." Enma agreed, waving his hand at her. "We promise not to make any major plans without you. You've been through a lot today."

---

By the time Kagome got back to her family, the sun had set all the way and the first few stars had already started twinkling in the sky. She entered the shrine and greeted her family, along with the four present tentai.

"Thanks again, Shuuichi, Hiei," Kagome smiled before turning her attention to the other two. "I'm Kagome Higurashi. Nice to meet you."

"Yuuske Urameshi," the boy with the slicked black hair stated, smiling crookedly.

"Kazuma Kuwabara," the carrot top added. He, however, seemed concerned for her. "Are you alright? You seem kind of..."

"Just tired," Kagome stated, waving at her worried mother. "No momma, I'm fine. I'm just heading upstairs to get some rest. Tell Shippo to head for Sess's place for me, please? I need him to handle some matters for me."

"Of course, darling." Her mother got up despite her daughter's wave and hugged Kagome. "You're doing fine, my dear girl. And Souta will be OK, you'll see."

Kagome smiled, before heading up the steps. She hoped her mother had some sort of power regarding predicting the future.

Because she really hoped that her prediction comes true.

Vocabulary

Author's Corner

Yuki: Aii...Hope everyone was satisfied with this chapter because there is absolutely NO WAY I can make it any longer than that. {flops onto bed} I'm so tired...

Kurama: Hey, Yuki, where do you keep your script? I still need to know the upcoming events and my...

Hachi: {continues to browse through Internet} She hasn't written the script yet.

Kag: Oh, yea, and you know that site you were planning on making? The one dedicated to the story of "Inu Yasha" and "YuYu Hakusho"? When is that going to come?

Hachi: {still browsing} She hasn't made the layout yet. {stops}

Yuki: {sweatdrops} Ah, one thing at a time, children.

Sess: This Sesshoumaru is not your child.

Hachi: {squints at laptop screen} Yuki, you forgot to upload the new gallery's icon. {pushes up little chibi glasses} Oh, wait, it moved. OK.

Sess: What is this about a new story, Yuki?

Inu: A new story???

Yuki: Oh! Right!! Everyone, I'm writing a new fic (already sent to my editor and everything) and it'll be posted sometime around...next week, I think.

Hachi: Which reminds me, Yuki, when are you going to introduce Wakie to everyone? I mean, seriously, she hasn't came over to the Corners since...er, NEVER!!!!

Inu: {peers from writer to muse} Pairing?

Yuki: {clutches head} Aii...That IS another thing I've been PLANNING on doing, but have never done. Oh well, I'll ask her soon. And if she has time, we'll have her over for the Corners in the next update. For every one of our stories, if she wants.

Inu: {glares at writer and muse} PAIR-RING??

Sess: {rolls eyes} That's what happens when you put off things you should be doing at the time. They pile up until you could hardly breath under them.

Yuki: Duude-I'll talk with Wakie soon enough!! And God knows how tired I've been!! Let's see YOU manage under my schedule!!

Inu: {grabs onto Hachi} Yo, you bastard!! Tell me the fucking pairing for your stupid new fic!!

Yuki: {snatches ears} Just whose muse do you think you're manhandling? And watch that mouth of yours!!!

Kag: What IS the new pairing, Yuki?

Inu: {rubs offending ear} It's a Inu/Kag?

Yuki: {mumbles} Not exactly...more like a Sess/kag.

Inu: WHAT?!!!!?!!!!!!

Hachi: {cuts in as Yuki tries to evade Inu's RAGE!!} So, because of this new story, the posting schedule has been changed!! As of this week, the posting schedule will be as follows:

Wednesday: Forgotten Memories

Friday: Jewel of the Chaotic Souls

[Following Week]

Wednesday: Give Me My Spirit

Friday: Music of the Hearts (new fic)

SNEAK PEAK: The sneak to the next chapter has been posted in my site: www. angelfire. com/ anime6/ rhexi (remove spaces when copying and pasting)\

Fanfiction

Inudemoness247: {breathes} Thanks, glad that you're still liking this story. And also, thanks for the reassurance.

Wake-Robin: I don't know what to say to you, you... And you need to update your own fics, I've been waiting for them since forever!!

Chinadoll27: Thanks for the review!!

GeshronTyler: I'm not sure I understand what your review meant. I think you might have meant Hiei? Or then again, you might not have. Did I put Hojo in somewhere? I tried looking back into my story for where the confusion might have been, but couldn't really find the starting point. If you can, can you please point it out to me?

Silvermoonyoukai: Thanks!! Glad to know that it's good length (finally)!

Teardrop-of-Death: Aw, that's so sweet!!! {blush} Thanks for the review!

Shadow-Demon14: I hope this update was fast enough!!

Kagome-the-Halfbreed: Of course I'll write more!! Thanks for the review!!

Silverbluenchantress: Hope this update was fast enough!! ^^-

Whitewolf: Here's the update!! Hope I didn't disappoint!

Anonymous: Thanks for the compliments, and for the review!! Glad you enjoyed the story thus far!

Mediaminer

Kikyo Killer: Ah...Got you completely!!

InsaneAUTHORESS: I know, I hope I didn't rush into things when I made the realization scene happen. And Kagome still doesn't know about who the tentai actually WERE, of course. ^^

XXJBxXInuyashaXxJBXx: Haha-I so very much love your reviews!!! I just got a new posting schedule, but if you'd like to see if there's any changes, you can always find out in my homepage. That's the page where almost EVERYTHING can be answered without directly asking, but if you do, the answers will be there as well!!

The sorceress: Naw, sorry I didn't make them realize one another in this chapter. And I'm not planning on any major conflicts between them, mainly because I have a sequel in mind for this story. But that's all just random thinking though, and I might just end it here. {shrug} As for your other ideas... {evil smirk} I seriously like the way your brain works.

Lisa A: Thanks, and thank your friend for me too. I'm glad you liked it, and that it didn't disappoint.

Hishi: Thanks!

Hi: I guess I like the name Mayu Angel. Hope that helped out...

Cindii: Here's the update!!

End

Yuki: Thanks for all the reviews!!

Hachi: And we hope you will all continue to read and review!!

Happy Reading~!

Lots of greets,

Yukisora and Hachigatsu

Edited by: Wake-Robin

Last Checked: July 30, 2004