Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Just Another Inuyasha YYH crossover ❯ Some Things Never Change ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is chapter 10,since I don't have anything else to say....I don't own Inuyasha or Yu Yu hakusho.

_______________________________________________________________ ___________________

Kagome and the others had been walking for a while now. They had heard from a couple of travelers that there were demon's terrorizing a shrine not far from they were, supposedly the priest of that shrine had tried to get rid of them but failed. Inuyasha thought that their might be a jewel shard involved. They came to a clearing and rested their eyes on the huge shrine. It had water falls going into a river, and was surrounded by a meadow.

"It's beautiful!" Kagome said in awe.

"Not what I expected." Yusuke said, remembering the pictures of shrines in the history books at school, that is, whenever he went to school.

"This must be a very wealthy priest to afford such a place." Miroku said. All of a sudden something started to ring, it sounded like a phone.

"Hello Koenma Sir!" Botans voice said cheerfully. They all turned to see Botan holding out her mini-computer.

"Botan I'm afraid I'm going to need you to return, we have a crisis here." Koenma said in a serious tone.

"What's wrong?" Botan asked.

"Demons have been pouring out of portals all over Tokyo and other parts of Japan. so far we've managed to keep them under control but every time a portal opens more and more demons out come out. I need you to come back and help." he stated. Before Botan could say anything Yusuke rushed over to the computer.

"Do we need to come back too?" Yusuke asked quickly.

"No, no, Yusuke, it's better you stay there, I think Komyko is the source of the problem, the demons are coming out of portals from the Feudal Era, so it's best that you stay there." Koenma continued.

"I'll be right there Sir." Botan said.

"You take orders from a baby?" Inuyasha's voice cam from behind, he said as he pointed at the screen.

"I AM NOT A BABY!" Koenma's voice screeched.

"Let me see." Kagome said peering at the screen.

"This little guy is your boss?" Kagome asked with a smile.

"Yup." Yusuke said flatly, by this time Sango, Miroku and Shippo had joined the group by the computer.

"I never imagined the ruler of the Afterlife to look like that." Sango said. Koenma looked annoyed, especially since Yusuke could see a vein popping out of his forehead.

"Well, he's not exactly the ruler, more like the ruler's son." Yusuke explained.

"I don't have to take this........." Koenma muttered shaking his head.

"Anyways, Koenma Sir, how am I suppose to get back? We're too far away from the well for me to get back today." Botan said.

"I'll arrange for someone to open a portal in your area. Just stay there." With that he hung up. As soon as Botan shut her mini-computer and stuffed it into her pocket, it began to get really windy, so much that it was hard to see.

"What's happeneing?!" Shippo asked. Then a giant hole opened up in the sky above them.

"That must be the portal Koenma sent." Kurama said.

"I guess I better be leaving." Botan said as she hopped on her oar and hovered off the ground a few feet. They all waved their good-byes as she flew up into the portal. A few seconds later the wind died down and it was as if nothing had happened.

"We should get going to the shrine." Inuyasha said as he started walking toward the shrine. They had gotten about 30 feet from the shrine when Inuyasha and Shippo ran into something, they both fell on the ground.

"Ouch!" Shippo yelled rubbing his nose.

"What the hell?" Inuyasha said getting up.

"What happened?" Kagome asked turning to see both of them getting up off the ground.

"I think we hit something." Shippo said.

"No kidding." Inuyasha mumbled.

"It looks like a Spirit Shield." Kurama said.

"Then how was Kagome able to get through?" Kuwabara asked. Kagome hadn't even noticed she was on the other side of the shield until he said something. She walked through it again.

"Spirit Shields only allow things in that the person who casts the shield lets in." a voice piped up.

"Well, well, if it isn't Myoga the Flea." Inuyasha said sourly as he plucked him off his shoulder.

"It's nice to see you too Lord Inuyasha." Myoga said flatly.

"There must not be any thing dangerous around if Myoga's here." Shippo said.

"A flea?" Yusuke asked getting a closer look at Myoga.

"He usually comes around when he either knows Inuyasha is going to win a battle or there is nothing that can he can get hurt by." Sango said.

"Hey! Really now, what do you take me for?" Myoga protested, crossing his arms.

"Do really want the answer to that?" Kagome asked.

"I see you have some new companions?" Myoga asked.

"Yeah, the red-haired guy is Kurama, he's a fox demon. The guy in the blue is Kuwabara, the guy in the green is Yusuke and the short one over there is Hiei, he's a fire demon.." Inuyasha said. Hiei glared at him for that remark, he didn't say anything though, he was going to get him back, and it would be much worse than anything he could call him.

"So are you trying to say that Kagome is the only one who can get through?" Miroku asked.

"No, I'm saying that humans are the only ones that can get through." he explained.

"Why is that?" Kurama asked.

"It seems this shrine is having a demon problem, so the priest of this shrine put up a demon barrier, until he can figure out whats going on." Myoga said.

"So should we go in?" Yusuke asked, mainly looking at Inuyasha.

"I guess. But if there's a jewel shard in there come out and tell us alright?" Inuyasha said as he sat down against a tree a crossed his legs. Yusuke nodded. Hiei hopped up into a tree, while Kurama and Shippo sat down on the grass with Kilala, Myoga on her back. Kagome, Sango, Miroku, Yusuke and Kuwabara walked through the shield and on to the shrine.

When they reached the shrine, and old man came out and greeted them. He had on orange and green robes, and a long white beard.

"I'm sorry children, there are no visitors allowed in the shrine at this time." he said.

"We have come to help you with your demon problem, Sir." Miroku said. He looked at them for a moment.

"I'll take you to see the High Priest. Follow me." he said as he turned and walked into the shrine. He took them through a long hallway and they entered a large room with a ton of candles in it, and a man was sitting in a chair at the end of the room. He had long black hair with and was wearing dark blue and black robes.

"M'Lord we have visitors that say they can help us with our problem." the elderly man said as he bowed.

"Leave me with them." he ordered. The old man jumped at the sound of his voice and quickly exited the room.

"As I'm sure you already know, we are having a problem getting rid of the demons that keep coming to our shirine, we have constructed a barrier to keep them out for a little while, but I don't know how long it will last." he explained. He continued talking about it when Kaogme noticed a pink glow coming from his chest.

"He has a jewel shard! That must be why the demons have been coming here, but why does he have it?" Kagome thought to herself, she needed to tell the others.

"I'll have someone show you to the waiting room, I have something to take care of before we continue." the priest said as he left the room. Once Kagome was sure he was gone, she turned to the others.

"That guy has a jewel shard!" she said.

"I know, I felt demon energy coming from him." Yusuke said.

"I don't know what he is, but he is certainly no priest." Miroku said.

"Wait, if he's a demon, how did he get in here?" Kuwabara asked.

"Something here isn't right. This dosn't make any sense." Sango said.

"We need to go get Inuyasha and the others." Miroku said in a serious tone.

"What good would that do? They can't get in." Yusuke said. Their conversation ended when the priest walked back into the room.

"Now, down to business." he said with and evil smirk. When all of a sudden something that looked like silly-putty came out of the ground and wrapped around all of their arms and legs.

"Dammit!" Yusuke cursed as he tried to break free, only to be electrocuted any time he moved.

"What's going on?!" Kuwabara yelled. The priest laughed

"You humans are stupider than I thought. I wouldn't try to get out either, the more force you put into breaking free, the more volts you'll get." he said as a black aura surrounded him, when it faded away it revealed Naraku, wearing his standard ape furs.

"Naraku!" Sango spat.

"I'll be taking this." Naraku said as he walked up to Kagome and snatched the jewel shards off her neck.

"My jewel shards!" Kagome said trying to move her arms to take them back, she stopped when a shock of pain went through her body. She screamed.

"I will have no more trouble from you, brat." Naraku said as he continued to shock her.

_______________________________________________________________ ________________

Inuyasha had just started to doze off when he heard a scream coming from the shrine. He immediatley jumped up.

"That's Kagome's voice!" he said as he ran toward the shrine, only to, once again, hit the Spirit Shield.

"Fool. Don't you know you can't get through?" Hiei said as he jumped out of the tree he was in.

"I'll break this damn shield then." he said as he thrusted the Tetsusaiga into it, and was shot back by the force of the shield.

"There must be another way in." Kurama said.

"We'll until you find one this is what I'm doing." he said angrily as he continued to attack the shield.

"I hope Kagome's ok." Shippo said in a worried voice.

_______________________________________________________________ _______________

Kagome's screaming continued, Yusuke could feel her energy fading, pretty soon her life-energy would be gone too if he didn't do something. He began to pull and struggle pulling his way out of the goo. He tried his best to ignore the pain surging through his body. Finally he fell to the ground, he had broken out. He panted as he got up to his feet, and glared at Naraku.

"SPIRIT GUN!" he shouted as he shot a blast of energy at Naraku, who had barely dodged it in time.

"So you managed to break free, impressive, for a human that is." he said as he charged at Yusuke. Yusuke waited until he got close enough. He wouldn't miss this time.

"SPIRIT GUN!" he yelled again, pointing it straight at Naraku's heart. The blast went through him and he fell to the ground, his ape furs disappeared, the goo that had wrapped around them along with is, revealing wooden puppet.

"Just another puppet." Miroku said. Meanwhile, Kagome had fallen unconcious and was lying on the ground. Sango ran over to check to see if she was alive.

"Is Kagome alright?" Yusuke asked.

"I think she just fainted." Sango said, as Miroku picked her up and carried her. A few minutes later the shrine itself began to shimmer and all of a sudden it was gone too, they were now standing in ther middle of an empty field.

"It all must have been an illusion."

"We can't forget these." Yusuke said as he picked up Kagome's jewel shards off the ground.

"Don't forget this one." Kuwabara said picking up the shard that had been in Naraku's chest.

"Are you guys alright?!" they heard a familiar voice behind them say, they turned to see Shippo, Inuyasha, Kurama and Hiei standing there.

"Where's Kagome?" Inuyasha asked quickly.

"Were ok, and Kagome's right here." Miroku said.

"Is she alright?" Shippo asked running up to her.

"She'll be fine, she's just passed out is all." Miroku said, he didn't want to upset the little kitsune, but the truth was that if Kagome had been subjected to any more electricity she would've died.

"What happened to the shrine?" Kurama asked.

"In was an illusion. A trap set by Naraku, he tried to steal Kaogme's jewel shards." Sango said.

"Oh yeah, here." Yusuke said reaching into his pocket and pulling out Kagome's jewel shards and teh new one they had gotten from Naraku, and tossing them to Inuyasha. Kagome started to wake up.

"How are you feeling?" Sango asked her as she stood up.

"I think I'm ok." she said groggily.

"Well now that she's awake we can get going and look for more jewel shards." Inuyasha said as he turned and walked away.

"All he ever thinks about is collecting the jewel shards..." Kagome thought angrily to herself, he didn't even give her a chance to re-coop, but then again thats how things always are, some things just never change.

_______________________________________________________________ ________________

That's chapter 10. Sorry it took so long for me to update! ^_^; I'll try to update sooner next time! Please review!