Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Crush ❯ The New Enemy ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

*Disclaimer- I don't own Inuyasha or Yu Yu Hakusho or any of their characters!*

Kagome's Crush-

Chapter 10- The new demon

"Good, very good." Koenma said while rubbing his chin with his index finger and thumb. "That girl's powers are simply amazing. I am glad that she is there to help our boys."

Inuyasha opened one eye to look at Koenma.

"I've only seen powers like hers 500 years ago."

Inuyasha spoke up, "Yeah, well I live in the Feudal Era, 500 years ago, and she travels through time to help me."

"Really?" Koenma was interested. "Tell me more." Inuyasha proceeded to tell Koenma the story.

**************************Back to YYH gang**********************

"Hey! Are we getting close or what? We've been walking for like..........hours!" Kuwabara whined.

"Oh, will you shut up! We haven't been walking that long you fool." Hiei stated and rolled his eyes. Kagome giggled.

"Yes, we are getting close."

They continued walking through a forest. There was fog all around them. It gave the forest and eerie feeling. Kuwabara shivered.

"Eh, I don't like the feel of this forest, it gives me the creeps."

"Oh, what's wrong Kuwabara? Do you want to run home to you mommy right now?"

"SHUT UP URAMESHI!" Yusuke simply burst out laughing.

"Uh, guys." Kagome said trying to get their attention. She stopped in front of a cave entrance. It was dark and went downward in a semi-steep slope. "I think we have to go down here."

"OK, so let's go." Hiei said leading the way. Everyone else followed suit. The walls of the cave were slimy and had some kind of mold on them. Kagome couldn't see where she was going. She extended her arm to the side t use the wall as her guide.

"EEEWWW!" Kagome squealed and wiped her hand on her skirt, frantic to remove the slimy feeling.

"What?!" They all said together, now on their guard.

"The wall is slimy!" Kagome whined. They all sighed.

"Don't do that. You nearly gave me a heart attack!" Kuwabara screamed.

"Calm down Kuwabara. Shall we proceed on our way?" Kurama asked and then continued walking.

They continued their journey down the long, winding, and might I add slimy hallway.

"Urameshi how much longer are we going to walk?"

"Pipe down Kuwabara! I'm not sure. Kagome senses the demon at the end of this hallway so we are going to go that way!"

"HA HA HA HA HA!" An evil laughter filled the hallway and reached their ears.

"What was that?!" Kuwabara squealed as shivers covered his body.

"You know, I'd say you were scared, the way you reacted to the sound. If you are scared, why don't you turn around and head home, we don't need you." Hiei said calmly as he leaned against the wall, that was slime free in one section.

"Shut up shorty!" Kuwabara fisted his hands ready to pounce on Hiei at any moment.

You are like a bunch of children!"

"Who are you?!" Everyone was surprised at who spoke up. Kagome looked angry.

"You expect me to tell you?!" They suddenly heard footsteps coming from the stretch of the hallway in front of them.

Kagome reached up to her quiver of arrows and notched an arrow aiming it toward the sound. She poured miko energy into the arrow and let it fly. It lit the hallway.

Yusuke saw the light it provided and so set off to run after it. Everyone followed him. Yusuke wanted to see whom the demon was. The arrow struck a huge door and melted it slightly in one section.

"It seems he has led us to our first opponent or maybe even him. What ever it is waiting for us behind that door." Kurama said.

"Yeah, no kidding! How do you expect we open the door?! It looks like it ways a ton!"

The ground shook slightly as the doors in front of them slowly creaked open to let them in.

"Well done Kuwabara. Something you said mad the door open." Kurama stated and then walked forward through the door.

Hiei soon followed Kurama inside. Kagome ran to catch up with him. Yusuke dragged Kuwabara through the door, after he tried to run away.

The door slammed shut behind them. They were all shrouded in darkness. They couldn't see a thing!

Kagome was near Hiei, for she had run after him. She could also sense him. The laugh they heard earlier returned and reverberated off the walls around them. Kagome jumped in surprise and grabbed Hiei's arm and made sure to stay close.

***************Hiei's POV****************

I was trying to find my comrades by using the Jagan. There seemed to be some kind of concealing spell in the room that kept me from finding them. That laugh sounded around the room and it annoyed me so. It surprised me when someone grabbed my arm and got extremely close to me. I tried the Jagan again to make sure it was not an enemy. I was even more shocked to find it was Kagome! I blushed furiously, thankful she couldn't see it.

****************Kagome's POV*********************

'Now I am by myself, great!' I was by Hiei, which is all I know. I squinted my eyes to try and make out the forms of the guys I were with. That didn't work. I couldn't even see my hand in front of my face! That laugh from before was louder than before and more chilling than Naraku's, if that was even possible. I jumped slightly and sensed Hiei near and grabbed his arm. I do this all the time to Inuyasha, but he is not here. It suddenly occurred to me what I was doing and to whom. I blushed; my face must have been a burgundy color.

*********************Normal POV**************************

"Uh...............sorry 'bout that!" Kagome said and quickly let go of his arm, but didn't stray far.

"Humph," is all Hiei could say.

"Where do you think the other are?"

"I don't know, but I think they will be fine, they are no amateur fighters, we all won the Dark Tournament."

"Oh. Wow!" Kagome had heard something about the dark tournament on her way to school. Some girl was talking about it. She said her boyfriend was in it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

I am so sorry! It took me a while to update because I started a new story and I had an extreme case of Writer's Block, but tried really hard on this chapter. I thank you al so much for hanging in there. I will really try to get more chapters up sooner. It can't believe I managed to even get this one out at the moment. I have FCAT testing this week and next week. For those of you reading this and don't live in Florida, you are sooooo lucky you don't have to take this test! I hate it! To everyone in Florida, you know what I am talking about. *sigh* I can't wait till it is all over! Well, I have a favor to ask all of you. Will you check out my new story Alone? I personally think it is my best story so far. I spent more time developing this story and am going to do the same with all my other stories. Also, about Changing Memories, I have put it on hold for now. I have not really gotten many reviews. I am not sure if I want to complete it. I got some ppl telling me to continue, but I only have 27 reviews and it is the same length as this one! Now look at it from my perspective. Not really impressive. Well thanx for reading! Read and Review!

*Inugurl13*