Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Losing Grip ❯ Story time + The Arrival of Shippou ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

'Thinking'
"talking"
/telepathy/
3333scene change333
7272flash back & end flash back7272
44444Dream44444
Chapter 6- Story time + the arrival of Shippou.
0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000
The four boys walked into the house slowly, taking their shoes off as they passed the mat Kagome's flip flops were on. They entered the kitchen and saw she was cooking something.
“You guys hungry?” Kagome asked them as she turned to greet them. Yusuke and Kuwabara nodded practically drooling at the smell of the food. Kurama politely shook his head no and Hiei just 'hned'. “Gee you're a talkative bunch in the morning.” She said shaking her head and turning back to the stove. “You guys can sit down 'ya know, you don't have to stand there looking all awkward.
The boys sat around the table and looked at each other, Kurama broke the silence. “So how long have you and your family lived here Kagome?”
“Uhm I'm not exactly sure how long mamma and gramps have lived here, Souta and I have lived here our entire lives though.” She answered.
“Oh, you must know lots of the shrines history then, having grown up here.”
“Yes,” Kagome said, “this shrine has a very - colorful- history.”
“I see would you mind sharing a few stories with us, I'm sure it would greatly interest all of us.” Kurama said to her.
Kagome's eyes narrowed `now why are they so interested in the shrines history, they don't seem like they'd be as interested as they claim. Oh well it couldn't hurt telling them a few stories.' Kagome got out three plates and put equal amounts of oden on each of them then went and sat at the table between Hiei and Kurama. She handed Yusuke and Kuwabara their plates that they quickly scarfed down. `Ewe, Pigs.' Kagome thought. Hiei smirked having heard her thoughts.
3333333333333333333333333333333333333 In the well house
Shippou stared at the door that had opened a few minutes prior. `What are those guys doing here in my kaa-san's time; two of them were really powerful demons too! They better not be planning on hurting her.' Shippou clutched his chest where the jewel shard Sesshoumaru gave him was. `I have to get this to kaa-san now'
He ran out of the well house and darted into Kagome's house where he smelled her and the four strangers in the kitchen. He ran in and jumped into Kagome's arms just as she stood up from the table. “KAA-SANINUMATEDTHECLAYPOTANDSAIDHE'SGUNNAKILLYOUAFTERNARAKUISDEAFETE D.ISAWRINANDSESSHOUMARUSAMAWHENIWASTRYINGTOFINDTHEWELLHEGAVEMEANOTHERSHARDT OGIVETOYOUTOO!” Shippou again spoke without taking a breath and began gasping when he finished and waited for Kagome's reply.
`FUCK,' Kagome thought `how am I going to explain this to my visitors?' she giggled nervously and looked from Shippou to the four boys at her table and then back at Shippou.
Hiei's P.O.V
`Did the kit just call the onna `Kaa-san? This should get an interesting explanation'
/Hn this just got more interesting, wouldn't you agree fox? /
Kurama looked at the kit in the girls arms
/Yes Hiei I believe this just got a lot more interesting/
Normal P.O.V
Kagome took a deep breath and carried her Kit back over to the table. “Wait Shippou you spoke too fast, repeat that but slower this time `kay?”
Shippou nodded before beginning again. “Okay Inu mated to the clay pot and now they're planning to kill you after Naraku is defeated so the clay pot can have her soul back and they can use the Shikon to make her live again. I ran into Rin-san and Sesshoumaru-sama on my way to the well and he gave me this to give to you,” Shippou pulled the shard from inside his shirt and handed it to Kagome whose instincts instantly purified it, drawing to gasps and four pairs of widened eyes from the boys around the table. “You've got to be careful kaa-san!” Shippou worriedly finished.
After Shippou finished re-telling the news Yusuke was the first to speak. “Alright well Kagome would `ya mind telling us why the fuck a kitsune kit is calling you KAA-SAN when you're a NINGEN!” The other boys agreed on wanting an explanation.
“Well duh of course i'm human, and SHIPPOU is calling me kaa-san because I adopted him.”
They all looked dumbfounded. “But he's a YOUKI.” Kuwabara basically screamed.
“Yeah and your point? What's it matter if someone's a demon, human hanyou there still living creatures that should be given a chance to show they aren't all bad.” They all were again dumbfounded at how she could so easily care less about someone being human or demon.
`This onna is stranger than I originally thought' thought Hiei.
“Okay well how the hell do you know about demons? Rarely are any in the ningenkai, they're always in the Makai.” Yusuke said
“The who and the what?” Kagome said “What are you talking about?”
Yusuke sweat dropped “You mean to tell me that you've never heard of the other realms before this?”
Kagome shook her head “Nope.”
Now they all sweat dropped “Then how the hell do you know about demons?!” Kuwabara demanded.
“Well if you'd shut your trap for a little wial I'd tell you!” Kagome said back getting annoyed. They all shut up as she started her story. “Well it started a few years ago on my 15th birthday. . .” Kagome told them of her adventures and friends in the past as well as her enemies. She left out the part of her loving Inuyasha. When she finished they all stared at her in shock unable to believe someone so pure kind and innocent went through that much and stayed unchanged. There respect for her went up quite a bit.
“Hn. So if you are the Shikon's guardian then where is the rest of the Shikon?” Hiei asked.
“I have only a small part of jewel.” She pulled the vial her shards were in out from under her shirt and held them up. “Kikyo attacked me and stole a large majority of the jewel, which she handed over to Naraku.”
“That's fucked up.” Yusuke said. Everyone nodded.
There were a few minutes of silence before Kagome spoke again. “So would any of you mind telling me how 2 demons a hanyou and a ningen got to be friends?”
They looked shocked for a minute that she knew what they were and then just stared at each other.
Yusuke took a deep breath before he spoke “Well it all started when I got hit by a car. . .” Yusuke explained how they all met and a little from their pasts.
“WOW you're a fox kitsune youki too?!” Shippou excitedly chattered to Kurama about how cool it was and how much we wanted to see his demon form. Then he topped and cutely tilted hi head to side. “Wait what kind of kitsune are you?” he asked Kurama
“I'm a spirit fox.” Kurama replied
“THAT'S AWESOME! CAN I PLEASE SEE YOUR DEMON FORM PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!?” Shippou jumped up and down on Kurama's lap.
“Not today kit, maybe another day though, changing forms for me is quite tiring.”
/C'mon the kit wants to see me! Let me OUT! / Youko said in Kurama's mind
/No Youko not now! /
/but its boring in here! I need real AIR! / Youko complained
/Hn fox stop your whining you're giving me a headache. / Hiei cut in
/Humph/ Youko mentally crosses his arms
“Awe alright.” Shippou dejectedly said before going back to Kagome's lap and curling up in a ball. Kagome stroked his fur and he quickly fell asleep.
“So you guys never told me why you guys came here today, and I don't believe for a second you all actually wanted to pray at the God tree.”
Kurama sighed. “Our boss Koenma sent us here to investigate the weird energy emanating from this shrine and to find a powerful miko, which is you.”
“Oh, well I'm no all that powerful, the only time I can manage to use my miko powers are when I'm using my bow or touching a Shikon shard.” Kagome said looking down. “I'm weak and useless otherwise.”
Hiei mentally shook his head, `Is this onna really that blind to her own power?'
Kuwabara jumped out of his seat “ That's a lie!” he yelled, for once being right about something “Koenma told us hat Spirit World's radars said you were EXTREAMLY powerful and if you guard that jewel thingy then u HAVE to be!”
The rest of the rooms occupants fell over in shock at the oafs words. “Yeah I gotta agree with the baka on that one Kagome, the toddler wouldn't have sent us here if you were as weak as you seem to think.” Yusuke added. Kurama nodded I agreement. “A friend of ours, Genkai may be able to help you control your powers better, she's one of the most powerful psychics alive.”
Kagome smiled at him “REALLY!?” she squealed in delight “That would be awesome! When can you ask her about it?” `Then I can show Inuyasha that I'm NOT a weak and good for nothing shard detector. . .'
Kurama thought for a minute, “Tomorrow we can all go over there and speak with her if you would like.”
“That'd be great! Just call me before you guys come get me so I can make sure I'm awake.” She scribbled numbers on a small piece of paper and handed it to him before looking at the clock. “Oh shit its late, I didn't even realize how long we were talking. I need to sleep soon.”
Yusuke and the others nodded and got ready to leave promising to call around early afternoon. Kagome walked them to the door and wished them all a good night before taking Shippou upstairs and getting ready for bed.
“Today was a pretty good day, and tomorrow should be interesting to say the least.” She said to no one in particular before crawling next to Shippou in her bed and falling into a peaceful slumber.
333333333333333333333333 outside her window.
A pair of crimson eyes watched Kagome and her kit peacefully snore, ignorant to everything around them. `You have no idea how right you are onna' Hiei thought. He leaned back against the tree with his sword at his side and scanned the area for any possible threats. Finding none he receded into his own thoughts wial keeping guard of the shrine for the night.
0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000
FINALLY I UPDATED! WOOOO
Reviews are greatly appreciated. .
El disclaimer- I DON'T OWN YYH OR IY!